FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Has the pandemic altered your beliefs in God?

Has the pandemic altered your beliefs in God?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Has this pandemic had you alter your beliefs in a God?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Not one bit.

He does not exist.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes why does he not take the bad one and leave the good one here

"Not one bit.

He does not exist."

Correction 'he/she/it'

My 7 year old asked me a few days back do I believe in god. I said no and he asked why and I came out with wellll I've never seen him. He replied " I don't believe in God either'

When I eventually asked him why he said "well he hasn't taken coronavirus away has he"

By *opilotMan  over a year ago

Heathrow

"Not one bit.

He does not exist."

Exactly this

That emoji at the end should of been

Central

"Not one bit.

He does not exist.

Correction 'he/she/it'"

Beyond the test of 'suffering'

I really couldn't believe that any God would have given us the ability to 'doubt'. To believe in God one must be Sure. Sure beyond Faith. If God gave us the ability to doubt then he she it must also accept our ability to choose from that doubt and choose not to believe. What God after all would want you to choose to not to believe?

By *uoPervertidoCouple  over a year ago

where we need to be

"Beyond the test of 'suffering'

I really couldn't believe that any God would have given us the ability to 'doubt'. To believe in God one must be Sure. Sure beyond Faith. If God gave us the ability to doubt then he she it must also accept our ability to choose from that doubt and choose not to believe. What God after all would want you to choose to not to believe?

"

Have you heard of free will?

Have you heard of free will?"

You mean the Number One get out clause of all Religions to have NOT to explain why God allows Mass Suffering on a World Scale?

Yes.

"Has this pandemic had you alter your beliefs in a God? "

To be fair it has slightly as I don’t believe in gods but my faith in Harry Potter has grown tenfold.

T

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No. I'm not sure the connection.

Which one?

By *ulgehunterMan  over a year ago

yorkshire

Yea I believe hes working hard on a vaccine and his angels will come down and give us all vaccines

No.

I still believe we are all just complex chemical reactions.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Never belived in it so cant alter my opinion

By *agan_PairCouple  over a year ago

portchester

Which one ?

where we need to be

I still believe in God.

I'm not strictly religious in practice but yes I still do have my faith.

I respect that other people have faiths different than my own and know that that believe gives them solice in times like this.

I also understand that others don't believe in God or any sort of spiritual faith, I respect that too. That's totally their free will to do so.

I just find it disrespectful when those that don't believe in anything make fun of those that do belive in a God or have a faith. Whether they be Christian, Muslim, Pagan, Jewish, Hindu, etc. People have the right to believe what they want without being insulted for their beliefs.

If I chose to believe in God because it gives me hope and the will to carry on with life and have compassion for others especially in times like this, then I'm not ashamed to say I believe in God.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Not at all, I still know it doesn't exist.

Cal

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Not one bit.

He does not exist."

He does ... he just made you an atheist ....

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Nope god doesn't exist.

It's not a he or a she coz it's a made up entity to help sooth fragile egos.

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

EDINBURGH (She/Her)

"Nope god doesn't exist."

I follow the sentiment of the above with many others.

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Nope,

"Not one bit.

He does not exist.

He does ... he just made you an atheist .... "

Nope. Didn't make me anything.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I don’t believe. I do however admire moderate people with faith and I wouldn’t want to mock the comfort they get out of it.

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Not one bit.

He does not exist.

He does ... he just made you an atheist ....

Nope. Didn't make me anything. "

I always blame him for making me a twat ...

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

Never really believed and even more so after my husband died. My young niece died before Christmas as well.

God. Nah

"Never really believed and even more so after my husband died. My young niece died before Christmas as well.

God. Nah "

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

"I don’t believe. I do however admire moderate people with faith and I wouldn’t want to mock the comfort they get out of it.

"

I’m with you! I can respect others beliefs and can understand why some feel so strongly but I have no interest in it myself and won’t be converted.

As John Lennon said, I only believe in me.

Lou x

It's not God's fault for the pandemic.

It was the evil of men who made and spread the virus.

I can't imagine any sane person still believes in god but each to there own if there not hurting anyone leave them to it, that said if you think about it logically if religion had never existed and there wasnt the tradition of faith and a bunch of people started gathering together in 2021 for the first time ever to worship an invidable thing they named god the world would does probably section them people and treat them for serious mental health issues.

couple, us we him her.

Amen

I don't believe in any God but don't feel the need to ridicule those who do because I'm an adult

God doesn't believe in atheists.

couple, us we him her.

"I don't believe in any God but don't feel the need to ridicule those who do because I'm an adult "

Well I will agree with this opinion once all the religious fanatics stop imposing their religious beliefs on others and killing in the name of God or controlling people's decisions what they do with their own bodies.

And

I don't go knocking on people's doors trying to convert believer's to non believers.

I don't ridicule people having faith for comfort but when it comes to putting lives in danger and closed minded attitudes then I will voice my opinion for sure.

If that's taking the piss then so be it.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

If there is a God, he or she has a sick sense of humour

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

If there was proof of a Creator there comes the point where to grow you have to go beyond the Creator.

Much like as a child you listen and learn from your parents there does come a point where most move on from Mum and Dad.

You still love them, respect them and listen to them but never the less you have to (at some point) move on and be your own life form.

From my perspective for the human race to grow you have to throw off many old beliefs that are holding you back. Religion for the most part wants to remain in the past.

The change point will be when Humans create life beyond their usual procreation method, so an artificial life form gains sentience, awareness and understanding.

Do we then become the New Gods?

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Not at all! Will have serious questions when I meet my maker for alot of stuff he has allowed to happen that's unjust! X

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

We should all believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"I still believe in God.

I respect that other people have faiths different than my own and know that that believe gives them solice in times like this.

I also understand that others don't believe in God or any sort of spiritual faith, I respect that too. That's totally their free will to do so.

I just find it disrespectful when those that don't believe in anything make fun of those that do belive in a God or have a faith. Whether they be Christian, Muslim, Pagan, Jewish, Hindu, etc. People have the right to believe what they want without being insulted for their beliefs.

If I chose to believe in God because it gives me hope and the will to carry on with life and have compassion for others especially in times like this, then I'm not ashamed to say I believe in God."

x x

"I don't believe in any God but don't feel the need to ridicule those who do because I'm an adult

Well I will agree with this opinion once all the religious fanatics stop imposing their religious beliefs on others and killing in the name of God or controlling people's decisions what they do with their own bodies.

And

I don't go knocking on people's doors trying to convert believer's to non believers.

I don't ridicule people having faith for comfort but when it comes to putting lives in danger and closed minded attitudes then I will voice my opinion for sure.

If that's taking the piss then so be it."

Totally agree that noone should force their beliefs on others, religious or otherwise or use their religion as an excuse to cause harm.

But decent, ordinary, law abiding people who follow some form of religion don't really deserve to have the piss taken out of them for it

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

When our son was about 5 or 6 at parent evening the teacher said our son had a vivid imagination and said he had interesting beliefs, the teacher told him that aliens dont exist and he repeated that daddy said if we believe everything in the bible that we have to believe in aliens, vampires fairies etc so it's all lies or it's all true

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"I still believe in God.

If I chose to believe in God because it gives me hope and the will to carry on with life and have compassion for others especially in times like this, then I'm not ashamed to say I believe in God."

Well said, peoples beliefs and faiths are to be respected, those that dont respect others views arent worth discussing things with. While I dont think their is a single entity I do believe there is a higher consciousness of the human spirit, and it amuses me when people gave a personal crisis such as a sick child they suddenly pray for help.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"I still believe in God.

"

Same here

https://youtu.be/J2cfI2njZBQ

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"Not one bit.

He does not exist."

This

Whitstable

"

But decent, ordinary, law abiding people who follow some form of religion don't really deserve to have the piss taken out of them for it "

From a comedy point of view though where should the boundary be given that comedy is broadly about taking the piss.

Race, sexuality, gender (for example) are how your born however religion i not, thats from teachings and indoctrination.

If an island was found where the people had no concept of religion they may believe in something after life but they would not identify as Christian, Moslem, Jewish, etc. These are all man made.

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

Being pagan my comments may not be welcomed but in defence of those for whom the ‘one god ‘ beliefs are important. Surely the virus being man made ( either deliberately/ accidentally or just ignorant stupidity) falls into the “free will” bracket of there beliefs, so doesn’t that mean He or She isn’t supposed to interfere.

By *RSTCouple  over a year ago

S. Northants

"Yes why does he not take the bad one and leave the good one here"

Proof that either:

A) he/she does not exist, or

B) this is actually hell and its too late for us anyway.

"Yes why does he not take the bad one and leave the good one here

Proof that either:

A) he/she does not exist, or

B) this is actually hell and its too late for us anyway. "

Again ‘free will’ . Man made problems need man made answers. How else are we to learn.

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

I think god is looking down on us and thinking to himself crack on you bunch of c@@@s absolutely no hope for you lot and before I get hammered for saying gods a he that’s what I believe god is and I ask you respect my beliefs

[Removed by poster at 23/01/21 16:43:46]

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

There are more things on this planet other than the pandemic to convince me god doesn't exist.

"Not one bit.

He does not exist."

By *queegeeMan  over a year ago

northampton

Sorry to take this conversation to another dimension but can someone pls explain to me why we all do shout 'oh my God ' anytime we find ourselves in distress!! What God are we referring to?

"Sorry to take this conversation to another dimension but can someone pls explain to me why we all do shout 'oh my God ' anytime we find ourselves in distress!! What God are we referring to?"

Mine is Hearn. haha

Not what you were expecting ???

northampton

Sorry to take this conversation to another dimension but can someone pls explain to me why we all do shout 'oh my God ' anytime we find ourselves in distress!! What God are we referring to?

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

"Sorry to take this conversation to another dimension but can someone pls explain to me why we all do shout 'oh my God ' anytime we find ourselves in distress!! What God are we referring to?"
well apparently Liverpool fc have their own god he goes by the name of Robbie Fowler (shrugs shoulders)

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Not one bit.

He does not exist."

Not one bit.

HE does exist.

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Still a vehement atheist here.

C

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Nope

Was force fed Catholicism as a child and once I reached senior school was happy to have developed a sense of reality.

Never believed since and nothing has changed.

northampton

"Sorry to take this conversation to another dimension but can someone pls explain to me why we all do shout 'oh my God ' anytime we find ourselves in distress!! What God are we referring to?

Mine is Hearn. haha

Not what you were expecting ???"

northampton

"Sorry to take this conversation to another dimension but can someone pls explain to me why we all do shout 'oh my God ' anytime we find ourselves in distress!! What God are we referring to?

Mine is Hearn. haha

Not what you were expecting ???"

so if hearn translates as 'oh my God' that means there is something 'innate' that depicts of his existence whether we believe it or not

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

I’m a dyslexic atheist and don’t believe in dog

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

There is no free will, you next decision has effectively already been made, every tiny moment of your life leading to the moment of the decision has already determined what you will decide.

By *ULL IN A CHINA SHOPMan  over a year ago

south coast

Free will in religion does not excist.

What happens to non believers when we die.

Hardly free will.

It's learned. A habit. Something we've picked up from others.

In answer to the OP though, no, the pandemic hasn't altered my non-believer status.

Mine is Hearn. haha

Not what you were expecting ???so if hearn translates as 'oh my God' that means there is something 'innate' that depicts of his existence whether we believe it or not"

For me maybe. But believe is very personal and not everyone needs to agree

couple, us we him her.

"I don't believe in any God but don't feel the need to ridicule those who do because I'm an adult

And

If that's taking the piss then so be it.

Totally agree that noone should force their beliefs on others, religious or otherwise or use their religion as an excuse to cause harm.

But decent, ordinary, law abiding people who follow some form of religion don't really deserve to have the piss taken out of them for it "

Hmmmmm well in my humble opinion everyone should have the piss taken out of them at some point, it's character building and teaches us not to take everything so seriously.

There's far too many sensitive people who refuse to see the funny side of life even in an ironic way.

And"IF" God does exist you can bet he's had a fucking good giggle at each and everyone of us at some point.

I like many people have had my fair share of shit in my life, trust me you wouldn't have wanted my childhood, like everyone I have suffered bereavement, sicknesses both personally and in family , financial losses, mental health problems and addiction problems.

But have managed to stay sane partially due to the ability to laugh at myself and the situation.

So if a good honest Christian can't take a good ribbing then tbh they haven't heard what God and Jesus has said.

Here endeth the lesson.

Can anyone who has said that god doesn't exist price ide any actual proof thay he doesn't exist?

Not in the slightest.

I don’t believe in any ‘god’.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Can anyone who has said that god doesn't exist price ide any actual proof thay he doesn't exist?"

No just like those that do believe can’t provide proof he does

"Can anyone who has said that god doesn't exist price ide any actual proof thay he doesn't exist?"

Can you give any proof a god does? And why the one you believe in, assuming you do?

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

You cannot prove a negative, you can only prove a positive.

couple, us we him her.

Well science pretty much proves he doesn't.

As does the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

"Can anyone who has said that god doesn't exist price ide any actual proof thay he doesn't exist?

You cannot prove a negative, you can only prove a positive. "

Unless it’s religion where you can’t do that either

By *nertsmateMan  over a year ago

Between Trumpton and Camberwick Green

I believe in God cause Boris told me to and that the pandemic would be all right as long as we believe !

By *aul happyMan  over a year ago

tilgate crawley

the only god i know wears the number 9 shirt for tottenham

"Can you give any proof a god does? And why the one you believe in, assuming you do? "

I haven't said if I think he does or doesn't exist so I don't have to give proof either way.

"Well science pretty much proves he doesn't.

As does the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy."

But pretty much isn't 100% though.

couple, us we him her.

"Can you give any proof a god does? And why the one you believe in, assuming you do?

I haven't said if I think he does or doesn't exist so I don't have to give proof either way.

But pretty much isn't 100% though."

Errrmmmmm

Space travel

Medicine

Nuclear power

Internal combustion engine.

Me stubbing my toe.

Hitler.

The internet.

Jimmy Carr's laugh.

The story of Noah's ark.

War.

All these things and many many more things prove it doesn't.

The problem is people confuse believing in faith and God as being the same thing.

I believe faith exists.

Faith in goodness and love, mercy and forgiveness.

That's something that comes from us.

But an all powerful being that created everything.

NOPE

"Can you give any proof a god does? And why the one you believe in, assuming you do?

But pretty much isn't 100% though.

Errrmmmmm

Space travel

Medicine

Nuclear power

Me stubbing my toe.

Hitler.

The internet.

Jimmy Carr's laugh.

The story of Noah's ark.

War.

The problem is people confuse believing in faith and God as being the same thing.

I believe faith exists.

NOPE

"

Whitstable

Can anyone provide actual proof that unicorns do not exist?

Can anyone prove that the Lizard people do not exist?

"

Errrmmmmm

Space travel

Medicine

Nuclear power

Me stubbing my toe.

Hitler.

The internet.

Jimmy Carr's laugh.

The story of Noah's ark.

War.

I believe faith exists.

NOPE

"

But thay still doesn't prove that god doesn't exist though

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Nope because amount of deaths under suspicious circumstances have never been prevented but I do believe in ghosts poltergeist

Nope I haven't believed in god since I walked out the girls brigade at 5 yrs old because the crazy old lady tried telling me some dude got swollowed by a whale or some shit...

Not at all, never believed, and never felt or saw anything to convince me otherwise.

It's altered my beliefs in humanity

Well I guess it depends on what your version of God is... If its the Christian version of some omniscience being then that theory proves its self wrong by the simple face that it's a contradiction in terms...

bournemouth

"Nope because amount of deaths under suspicious circumstances have never been prevented but I do believe in ghosts poltergeist "

If you believe in ghosts then you believe in life after death.

"Nope because amount of deaths under suspicious circumstances have never been prevented but I do believe in ghosts poltergeist

If you believe in ghosts then you believe in life after death."

But that's not the same thing as believing in God

By *iablo73Couple  over a year ago

Southside

Wasn't it God who created the 5G network ?

By *otPrinceHarryMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Has this pandemic had you alter your beliefs in a God?

Wasn't it God who created the 5G network ?"

No, it was the Devil working through George Soros and Bill Gates to spread Coronovirus. God made Trump president to fight them, and then they were able to cheat God out of a second term.

If I'm following Twitter correctly.

I grew up in a mixed religious household with a catholic mother and muslim father.

I guess I practise both and neither simultaneously.

To get back to the topic in hand my faith in a god hasn’t wavered.

To those who say why does god allow suffering just remember...

“Even invigilators are quiet during an exam”

"

"

But that really doesn't resolve the question though, does it?

Logical problem of evil, v . . .

Originating with Greek philosopher Epicurus, the logical argument from evil is as follows:

If an omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient god exists, then evil does not.

If There is evil in the world.

Therefore, an omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient god does not exist.

One simply can not have a God and Suffering.

"

"

In both the Old and New Testaments, the words translated “test” mean “to prove by trial.” Therefore, when God tests His children, His purpose is to prove that our faith is real. Not that God needs to prove it to Himself since He knows all things, but He is proving to us that our faith is real, that we are truly His children, and that no trial will overcome our faith.

I guess it's just a matter of blind faith. I believe that god has sent this to test me and my faith and when we are past this it will help strengthen my faith.

Epicurus assumes that god is proving faith to himself and that god is not proving faith to us.

bournemouth

"Nope because amount of deaths under suspicious circumstances have never been prevented but I do believe in ghosts poltergeist

If you believe in ghosts then you believe in life after death.

But that's not the same thing as believing in God "

No it isn't but as I said earlier I believe there is a higher human/ spiritual existence and ghosts prove that a human spirit exists.

I quite like the Buddhist belief system, Faith has been hijacked by religions even ancient people worshipped nature, I wonder how that started is there a need for humans to have a belief

"

In both the Old and New Testaments, the words translated “test” mean “to prove by trial.” Therefore, when God tests His children, His purpose is to prove that our faith is real. Not that God needs to prove it to Himself since He knows all things, but He is proving to us that our faith is real, that we are truly His children, and that no trial will overcome our faith.

I guess it's just a matter of blind faith. I believe that god has sent this to test me and my faith and when we are past this it will help strengthen my faith.

Epicurus assumes that god is proving faith to himself and that god is not proving faith to us."

And also assumes that the logical contraction that evil exists is that god can not.

bournemouth

"

Originating with Greek philosopher Epicurus, the logical argument from evil is as follows:

"

Basic fact of all nature and science everything has an equal and opposite, ie good and evil

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Reading this is quite amazing as surely you have to believe in a higher being,intelligence maybe.

Most seem to have a very narrow minded view if God therefor they do not believe as they do not have the ability to see this world we live in.

Most seem to confuse religion as having something to do with God that is the biggest problem.

To big a subject for here I guess

Nope. People will still kill each other over their beliefs so my view doesn’t change.

"

And also assumes that the logical contraction that evil exists is that god can not. "

which again is also false.

Just because there is darkness does not mean that light doesn't exist.

Or just because it's cold doesn't mean heat doesn't exist.

"

Basic fact of all nature and science everything has an equal and opposite, ie good and evil "

Entropy proves that theory wrong.

"

And also assumes that the logical contraction that evil exists is that god can not.

which again is also false.

Just because there is darkness does not mean that light doesn't exist.

Or just because it's cold doesn't mean heat doesn't exist."

But Entropy will prove that wrong.

Glasgow

"

Basic fact of all nature and science everything has an equal and opposite, ie good and evil "

Nope, that isn't a basic fact of nature.

For example, the opposite of matter is either antimatter, which is massively outweighed by matter in the universe; or negative mass matter, the existence of which it would be generous to even call hypothetical.

bournemouth

"

Basic fact of all nature and science everything has an equal and opposite, ie good and evil

Entropy proves that theory wrong."

How and why ?

"

How and why ?"

Because when Entropy reaches its final distillation. Nothing exists.

bournemouth

"

Nope, that isn't a basic fact of nature.

For example, the opposite of matter is either antimatter, which is massively outweighed by matter in the universe; or negative mass matter, the existence of which it would be generous to even call hypothetical."

That's assuming we know everything which of course every scientist knows we dont, its is believed that there was the same amount of both but its believed antimatter is much less now, of course it could all be the far side of the black holes and people think there is very little matter and mostly antimatter. It's all beyond us mere mortals.

bournemouth

"

How and why ?

Because when Entropy reaches its final distillation. Nothing exists."

Can you prove that ,? Its just a theorem

We identify evil to quantify good... how does good equate to evidence of God?

Who decided God or Gods are good

By *armar61Man  over a year ago

redditch

I stopped believing in God after the joshua tree album, the ones after that were shite and as the lead singer he still hasnt saved the world

"

How and why ?

Because when Entropy reaches its final distillation. Nothing exists.

Can you prove that ,? Its just a theorem "

The vast majority of it is Science fact until you reach a quantum theory of Entropy. Which is at best 'and currently' postulation.

Glasgow

"We identify evil to quantify good... how does good equate to evidence of God?

Who decided God or Gods are good"

That's a very good point that I missed. By my moral standards, and by those of almost everyone I know, the Abrahamic God is *not* good.

Now, the Norse gods, the Greek/Roman ones, that's a different matter. Not even their believers ever portrayed them as being "perfect." I have more time for that idea.

That's a very good point that I missed. By my moral standards, and by those of almost everyone I know, the Abrahamic God is *not* good.

Now, the Norse gods, the Greek/Roman ones, that's a different matter. Not even their believers ever portrayed them as being "perfect." I have more time for that idea."

and that is the point of the abrahamic religions, god is not good nor is god bad, he simply acknowledges both and offers free choice.

Less so in the new testament but in the old testament the theory is all shall be judged by god on the day of judgement and therefore the analogy of a court might be more appropriate rather than assuming a god has human tendancies of good and bad

Wow.. religion eh? People still believe in that shit. Don't you think it just might have been invented by people in order to control other people? Have a little think

Glasgow

Now, the Norse gods, the Greek/Roman ones, that's a different matter. Not even their believers ever portrayed them as being "perfect." I have more time for that idea.

and that is the point of the abrahamic religions, god is not good nor is god bad, he simply acknowledges both and offers free choice.

Less so in the new testament but in the old testament the theory is all shall be judged by god on the day of judgement and therefore the analogy of a court might be more appropriate rather than assuming a god has human tendancies of good and bad"

I respectfully disagree. That isn't the point of the Abrahamic religions, that is just the feature that led to them being particularly successful.

Oh, and maybe the writers of the OT didn't intend to portray God as bad. But that's how it comes across. Frankly, a murderous, blood-thirsty sociopath.

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

Show me God and I might listen.

If you can't, even if there is one, it's not something i want to believe in. But as others have said, if it gives you comfort then make the best of it you can.

Organised faith, now that's a whole different kettle of fish. Bigots and hypocrites most of them.

couple, us we him her.

It's not our place to prove God doesn't exist as that much is obvious and things will carry on as they always have.

If people want others to believe then it's up to those people to prove God exists.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

No because imo there is no God. We just want something to believe in to help us accept that death is not the end that it is.

If there truly were a God, why did we have to go through so many in history to find “this” one, and why is it there are still several being worshipped today?

Are we in the DFS sale of God’s, and in a few more years will have picked a different one?

I'm not saying yes or no, BUT, there are so many people who say they don't believe in God yet they still celebrate Christmas which was the birth of his son. Always makes me laugh

"I'm not saying yes or no, BUT, there are so many people who say they don't believe in God yet they still celebrate Christmas which was the birth of his son. Always makes me laugh"

Many of us non-believers celebrate the holiday as a time with family and with no Christian element. So long as schools and many workplaces base set holidays around the Christian _estivals, it makes practical sense that these are the times family and friends come together regardless of ones beliefs

By *oubleswing2019Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

"If there is a God, he or she has a sick sense of humour"

And when you die, will you expect to find Him laughing ?

No was an atheist and still am

By *oubleswing2019Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

Nope, and why would I need to ?

If we truly have free will, then why have some folks claimed God has saved them ?

That intervention is not free will is it ? It's an external force getting involved.

Angels appearing to disciples, plagues, pestilence on the Egyptians, etc etc etc are example of intervention.

Free will only up until a point before intervention happens is not free will.

It also means intervention could have occurred sooner or later, which means it is arbitrary. That opens up a whole can of worms.

No, I do not believe. And if I did, I'd want to know why, according to certain scriptures, over a third of the Angels rebelled against God. If true, that speaks volumes.

When a third of your staff mutiny, something is clearly wrong.

"I'm not saying yes or no, BUT, there are so many people who say they don't believe in God yet they still celebrate Christmas which was the birth of his son. Always makes me laugh"

How many people go to church on Christmas Eve,just an excuse to get pissed

By *anKinkyMan  over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

Stupid religious belief's on Earth has caused more deaths than any Virus

Central

Christmas predates the Christian religion, it's a celebration that our ancestors enjoyed after the shortest day passed. People gathered together and partied, so the way we come together with those we're close to goes back hundreds of generations potentially. The Christian religion co-opted it into their annual calendar and today it has reverted for many to a gathering of eating, drinking and being merry like it has always been, without the religious bits that got added.

only one god to me and thats the mrs

Religious Vomit

By *issIrishCoffeeWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

No not one bit

By *ickychef1Man  over a year ago

Greenford

Were already in Hell

can you prove the tooth fairy doesn't exist? or dragons? or the flying spaghetti monster? the burden of proof always lies with the person claiming something exists. it's up to you to prove that god exists. not for people who don't believe to prove that god doesn't.

By *ingdong11Man  over a year ago

southampton

If god does exist , and he is the all seeing , omnipotent being he is made out to be ,,,,,,,,then he is a cunt .

Free will is a pathetic excuse .

No, it hasn't changed my lack of belief in deities

I think you're in the wrong place if you're a true follower, nothing but sinners here

By *empted123Man  over a year ago

Wirral

There is no such thing as god so no

By *9089Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"I'm not saying yes or no, BUT, there are so many people who say they don't believe in God yet they still celebrate Christmas which was the birth of his son. Always makes me laugh

Christmas predates the Christian religion, it's a celebration that our ancestors enjoyed after the shortest day passed. People gathered together and partied, so the way we come together with those we're close to goes back hundreds of generations potentially. The Christian religion co-opted it into their annual calendar and today it has reverted for many to a gathering of eating, drinking and being merry like it has always been, without the religious bits that got added. "

Thank you for that explanation, it sort of makes sense. How about the easter bunny?

Yes, but really there's no such thing.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Not changed at all, I still think Stephen Fry has it right.

By *NTW80Couple  over a year ago

South Normanton

"Not changed at all, I still think Stephen Fry has it right."

Stephen Fry’s interview with the priest is spot on.

Never believed that Gid made man. Man made God to try to explain things we don’t have answers too. Religion in general caused more wars through history than anything else

By *NTW80Couple  over a year ago

South Normanton

God not Gid

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I'm not saying yes or no, BUT, there are so many people who say they don't believe in God yet they still celebrate Christmas which was the birth of his son. Always makes me laugh

Christmas predates the Christian religion, it's a celebration that our ancestors enjoyed after the shortest day passed. People gathered together and partied, so the way we come together with those we're close to goes back hundreds of generations potentially. The Christian religion co-opted it into their annual calendar and today it has reverted for many to a gathering of eating, drinking and being merry like it has always been, without the religious bits that got added. "

It's a very good example of rebranding existing things, paganism and other belief systems in this case..

By *oojCouple  over a year ago

exeter

If it works for you believe but don't expect other to follow your dreams

Sorry but no. I still don't believe in him x

I am a, dowhatyouwantbutleavemeoutofitist... But why do people think that no loved ones would die if there was a god?! Always wondered that

I still have 100% faith in my Gods, the question you should be asking though, is why dont the Gods believe in you anymore?

Mr R x

"I think you're in the wrong place if you're a true follower, nothing but sinners here "

Speak for yourself.

Strengthened my faith in my Gods if anything. Destiny is all to quote Uhtred of Bebbenberg

[Removed by poster at 24/01/21 11:40:15]

where we need to be

Let's not discriminate people by their sex, sexual orientation, age, disabilities, nor faith.

Personally I don't force people to believe what I do, only if they take an interest, but it does make me question the intense anger a person has when then ridicule those with a faith.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

I was brought up catholic and no I don't believe in God. Sadly religious beliefs have been the biggest cause of wars and suffering for many thousands of years.

Also we are swingers for crying out loud, going by the dogmatic, restrictive, catholic christian views that I was brought up around then regardless of all the efforts we make to be good people our sexual appetites are sending myself and K straight to the great orgy in hell.

We have met a few practising Christians trying to get into / justify themselves swinging to their religious beliefs and they were definitely not fun people to be around! One couple seemed to cope by transferring all the hate and condemnation onto bi sexuality.

KJ

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"Let's not discriminate people by their sex, sexual orientation, age, disabilities, nor faith.

Personally I don't force people to believe what I do, only if they take an interest, but it does make me question the intense anger a person has when then ridicule those with a faith."

I question the same intense anger that some of those with faith reserve for those in a sexually liberated / swinging lifestyle personally. Especially the virtrol aimed at any same sex activities.

Even worse are the people trying to live between the 2 ends of the spectrum who are sadly flipping back and forth between liberated sexual freedom and deep shame.

KJ

"can you prove the tooth fairy doesn't exist? or dragons? or the flying spaghetti monster? the burden of proof always lies with the person claiming something exists. it's up to you to prove that god exists. not for people who don't believe to prove that god doesn't."

You could flip that the other way round and it would be just as valid a statement.

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

"Yea I believe hes working hard on a vaccine and his angels will come down and give us all vaccines "

We aren't angels, just doing the day job!!

Who?

By *GentlemanMan  over a year ago

South Wales & West Midlands

Not specifically a God but it has opened my world to spirituality, ascension and other dimensions.

"Yea I believe hes working hard on a vaccine and his angels will come down and give us all vaccines

We aren't angels, just doing the day job!!"

I know angels don't lie but only some supreme deity could create a derriere like that

Can we at least call you our hero?

"I think you're in the wrong place if you're a true follower, nothing but sinners here

Speak for yourself.

"

If there is a hell, I am certainly going! I've picked out a red bikini and sunnies for the occasion

Nope I still think Yahweh is a tosspot. He is the Donald Trump or Boris Johnson of deities. He demands your love and servitude then constantly gaslights us. An absentee father with a megalomamiacal need to be worshipped.

"I still believe in God.

Sadly it seems acceptable for many to publically disrespect and shame those who do hold a belief in God. The very same would shout and demand for equality, for inclusiveness, freedom of speech, freedom of belief in personal sexualities, personal rights over others etc etc.

Is this not double standards?

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

Politics and religion ... mmmmmmm

Still does not exist.

"

I was brought up catholic and no I don't believe in God. Sadly religious beliefs have been the biggest cause of wars and suffering for many thousands of years.

Also we are swingers for crying out loud, going by the dogmatic, restrictive, catholic christian views that I was brought up around then regardless of all the efforts we make to be good people our sexual appetites are sending myself and K straight to the great orgy in hell.

We have met a few practising Christians trying to get into / justify themselves swinging to their religious beliefs and they were definitely not fun people to be around! One couple seemed to cope by transferring all the hate and condemnation onto bi sexuality.

KJ"

I will question your statement that religion has caused wars. I think religion has been the smoke screen for wars, but the real reason has been man's own selfishness, greed and desire to control. Religion hasn't don't it or caused it at all but and heart has. It's an easy target for those who struggle with the concept that some believe in God. If that makes sense.

I'm often curious as to why such emotion, anger and hatred is aroused in those who don't believe in God towards those who do. If they truly believed there is no God why does it bother them so much? Why does it evoke such bitter, negative responses in people?

By *oodguy300Man  over a year ago

Birmingham City Centre

'religion started when the first conman met the first fool'

a quote apparently made by either mark twain or voltaire...unsure source.

its strengthened my view that there may well be intelligence in nature, but not in man made gods or religion no not at all.

people say 'why would god allow us to suffer?' but totally overlook the insane amount of suffering that we humans inflict upon other sentient beings for no good. reason at all, namely animals...is our treatment of animals and nature not the exact thing which caused the pandemic?

if there is a god i think hes just finding creative ways to show us where we are going wrong and what needs to change.

By *oodguy300Man  over a year ago

Birmingham City Centre

[Removed by poster at 25/01/21 10:11:59]

"Nope god doesn't exist.

It's not a he or a she coz it's a made up entity to help sooth fragile egos."

God, like many other concepts, is a construct of the (evil?) powerful minority invented to control the ignorant masses. So no change there. Can't change belief in something that doesn't exist.

"Has this pandemic had you alter your beliefs in a God?

'religion started when the first conman met the first fool'

a quote apparently made by either mark twain or voltaire...unsure source.

its strengthened my view that there may well be intelligence in nature, but not in man made gods or religion no not at all.

people say 'why would god allow us to suffer?' but totally overlook the insane amount of suffering that we humans inflict upon other sentient beings for no good. reason at all, namely animals...is our treatment of animals and nature not the exact thing which caused the pandemic?

if there is a god i think hes just finding creative ways to show us where we are going wrong and what needs to change. "

To take up your last point, I here many doubters say if there was a God why would he allow etc etc.... The same reason as a parent I allow my children to make mistakes, to learn, to be allowed to exercise my free choice which makes me different from a computer and not a robot. No one learns without mistakes, those who don't make mistakes, don't live, don't grow, don't develope. Even evolution uses a form of this process.

Maybe we don't like the responsibility placed upon us to look after this planet, so we either say he does not exist or we blame him for everything because after all he should be in control. Either way were just trying to absolve ourselves of any responsibility. Maybe we're not as smart as we think we are and the picture we see is only one piece in the puzzle.

The fact that god doesn't exist surely means there IS no proof. Naturally occurring radoiactive zebra striped gold nuggets don't exist either.....but there is no proof.

You can only prove the existance of something....

"Can anyone who has said that god doesn't exist price ide any actual proof thay he doesn't exist?

The fact that god doesn't exist surely means there IS no proof. Naturally occurring radoiactive zebra striped gold nuggets don't exist either.....but there is no proof.

You can only prove the existance of something...."

But your argument fell on your second word. If you're going to say it's fact you do need proof. Untill there's proof you can't say it's fact.

You can only prove the existance of something...."

Yet in court is the burden of evidence not the opposite way round? Innocent till proven guilty?

"Not one bit.

He does not exist.

Correction 'he/she/it'"

By *nmgCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Not in the slightest. Why would it?

Yet in court is the burden of evidence not the opposite way round? Innocent till proven guilty?"

Exactly. The crime (in this case god) does not exist until proven.....I rest my case m'Lud.

Whitstable

Yet in court is the burden of evidence not the opposite way round? Innocent till proven guilty?"

So not proven to exist therefore does not.

Yet in court is the burden of evidence not the opposite way round? Innocent till proven guilty?

So not proven to exist therefore does not."

Or proven to exist in the gaps of science and therefore does.

Matter of perspective

Exactly. The crime (in this case god) does not exist until proven.....I rest my case m'Lud."

Or maybe god is the defendant and not the case?