FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Suicide v Covid

Suicide v Covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *areass2017 OP   Man  over a year ago

east coast

As the lockdown continues to frustrate and bring doom and gloom to most of the population I wondered how many out there who have had a similar experience to myself.

So far during this pandemic I have seen one person I knew personally die from Covid and lost three to Suicide.

Two if the three suffered with mental health and the other was an absolute massive shock, no history of depression at all, but got bogged down and couldn’t pick himself up!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Whilst you have my empathy having been there with friends and colleagues in the past I don't think it's one versus the other, in the same way hiv wasn't versus premature deaths due to alcohol misuse..

It's clearly at the forefront of the medical professionals and the governments globally and we simply need to get on top of it..

Cuts to mental health services will still sadly be there post covid..

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Its hard to even see a gp about your mental health let a loan a mental heath doctor, im one of the luckey ones and can see my mental health nurse face to face ,so if he can do it why can't a gp do it,there is more suicides now than before covid as they are not getting the help ..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Whilst you have my empathy having been there with friends and colleagues in the past I don't think it's one versus the other, in the same way hiv wasn't versus premature deaths due to alcohol misuse..

It's clearly at the forefront of the medical professionals and the governments globally and we simply need to get on top of it..

Cuts to mental health services will still sadly be there post covid.."

Cuts to mental health services have been there for years and under investment for several decades.

It's a very sad state of affairs even before covid.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Sadly I'm aware of quite a few people currently suffering with some severe mental health issues and someone living just a few 100m from me took their own life a couple of weeks ago.

It's very sad times.

"Whilst you have my empathy having been there with friends and colleagues in the past I don't think it's one versus the other, in the same way hiv wasn't versus premature deaths due to alcohol misuse..

Cuts to mental health services have been there for years and under investment for several decades.

"

This, I just hope that something changes soon.

One can only hope

By *tudiousPipWoman  over a year ago

W Yorks

No offence intended...

But the point you are all missing is how much the mental health services are being overwhelmed by the surge of frontline Covid staff needing them. We are human too!

It's just another example of Covid closing down access to healthcare. We can't do everything! If mental healthcare is being stripped from the community to focus on NHS staff so they can continue working shifts, caring for Covid patients, then that's what needs to happen in this pandemic.

It's not right. But we need to look after our carers first.

Ideally we need folk to stop voting Tory... Vote for a party that will fund the NHS.

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

"No offence intended...

But the point you are all missing is how much the mental health services are being overwhelmed by the surge of frontline Covid staff needing them. We are human too!

It's just another example of Covid closing down access to healthcare. We can't do everything! If mental healthcare is being stripped from the community to focus on NHS staff so they can continue working shifts, caring for Covid patients, then that's what needs to happen in this pandemic.

Ideally we need folk to stop voting Tory... Vote for a party that will fund the NHS. "

Pretty sure it was under Blair that the NHS markets were opened up for private tendering, many of our smaller cottage hospitals closed or services provided pared back, car parks sold off/leased. Neither of the main parties have been great for the NHS so let's not lose track of that.

Currently, emphasis had had to be placed on the pandemic. Thankfully, I am aware of only one person in my circle who has had MH issues, who thankfully had received a consultation. Sadly he has been surrounding himself in conspiracy theorists then cutting off friends and family who dared to give the alternative picture. FB & social media had a lot to answer for.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

I know..

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

3 Covid deaths, 2 in the family and 1 family friend

0 deaths to suicide in either family or friends

By *AM2214Man  over a year ago

Manchester Area

"No offence intended...

Ideally we need folk to stop voting Tory... Vote for a party that will fund the NHS. "

sorry but if you think the issue is Red or Blue you have missed many of the major issues affecting the NHS for years

Ironic Nye Bevan resigned due to Labour Govt removing Mental Health from NHS free at point of service approach... MHS HAVE BEEN SLASHED WHEN THE MH issue is only just getting past the stigma. Much much bigger than mere money, causation, social. Cohesion, family make up, wider go-politics, etc

By *AM2214Man  over a year ago

Manchester Area

Making political points doesn't help at all. The facts are simple, the NHS has been battered GE really 9ver many years by G9vt of all colors, Mental Health services have been decimated as CCGs look to use their allocated monies to get better ratings. Sadly the creation of the super trusts also added to this. I have personal experience of three Trusts in our three biggest cities who spend literally hundreds of millions a year on meetings of you count the cost of those attending being taken from clinical care. I did a count at one Trust(well. One Division within a Trust) the cost of just senior management meetings could equate out to £420k a year, the same. Attendees then split into three areas and hold same bloody meeting with others then added to attendance list.. That's not effective ectove nor efficient control or communication... On. A personal level lost three family

E

Bers let alone friends to C19... Lost eight former colleagues from services to their own hand... Just shows each of us having different experiences will only compound our collective misery.. We need to all do what we can to be decent people, do what is asked off us if it is reasonable, support our family and friends and practice eye smiles when passing a stranger if you are out...

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

A November 2020 BMJ editorial (Trends in suicide during the covid-19 pandemic) suggests no rise in suicide or a fall in high income countries so far.

They also suggest that appropriate services and safety nets for financial hardship are the best remedy.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

There will be a lot of staff with ptsd after the pandemic is over and other problems and will require a lot of support, but it just wont be there,due to cutbacks ..

"3 Covid deaths, 2 in the family and 1 family friend

0 deaths to suicide in either family or friends

"

1 family death from COVID

1 family suicide and 10 close friends suicide deaths.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"As the lockdown continues to frustrate and bring doom and gloom to most of the population I wondered how many out there who have had a similar experience to myself.

So far during this pandemic I have seen one person I knew personally die from Covid and lost three to Suicide.

Two if the three suffered with mental health and the other was an absolute massive shock, no history of depression at all, but got bogged down and couldn’t pick himself up!

"

A family member has passed due to Covid assistance and i know of around 5 others who were loose acquaintance.

I know of no suicides, not even a friend of a friend of a friend.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

that's why i'm opening a suicide prevention facility

"that's why i'm opening a suicide prevention facility"

Samaritans ?

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

Quite an interesting read about this on the BMJ website (12 Nov 2020).

There doesn't appear to be any clear data on this either way yet, though past experience has seen increases (during SARS for example).

» Add a new message to this topic