FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Has the pandemic altered your beliefs in God ... Part 2

Has the pandemic altered your beliefs in God ... Part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *leaserforPleasure OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

.Or maybe God is the defendant and not the case?

As the defendant in a Court of Law god would need to be there to be questioned by both defence and prosecution.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

Occams Razor

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No as there is no god. Just an excuse for people not to take responsibility for their own actions.

"Occams Razor "

Im a Wilkinson Sword man myself

No it hasn't

No as I think it is all rubbish. If god reallycan sit back and watch children die of cancer and other things he does not deserve my worship anyway!

"No as I think it is all rubbish. If god reallycan sit back and watch children die of cancer and other things he does not deserve my worship anyway!"

if there is a God. and God created everything, then watching people including children die, is nothing.

Think of it like this, you make a lego scene, later you disassemble it and put all the pieces in a box until you want to use it later.

Thats the way i see it (Mr).

At the same time, of there is a God then God also created thos virus, or allowed the possibility for it to exist, therefore it is part of Gods will.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

Didn’t believe before, don't believe now.

".Or maybe God is the defendant and not the case?

As the defendant in a Court of Law god would need to be there to be questioned by both defence and prosecution."

I find God Not Guilty of existing

By *ightlifeCouple  over a year ago

tottenham

If there is a god,he is one nasty c__t

"No as I think it is all rubbish. If god reallycan sit back and watch children die of cancer and other things he does not deserve my worship anyway!"

Ever read The Bible?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Sad lot on here

"

Ever read The Bible?"

Yes, there's some fucking nasty shit in there.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

This is a new one! Never expected to see a discussion about God on a swinger site!

I note it was “God” not “religion” which would be a different conversation.

Genuine question to practising Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus on this site - how do you reconcile being a swinger with your religion?

"

Ever read The Bible?

Yes, there's some fucking nasty shit in there. "

There are also answers to most of the questions that are asked on here.

All we say, is that if someone needs to ask the question it appears to be clear they haven't tried to find the answer.

We like to hunt ourselves for answers to the questions we want want to know.

"

Ever read The Bible?

All we say, is that if someone needs to ask the question it appears to be clear they haven't tried to find the answer.

We like to hunt ourselves for answers to the questions we want want to know."

That's called a deepity, it sounds deep but is really utterly meaningless.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I have said in the other post No. It doesn't exist.

It has changed my opinion of people though.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

No it hasn't. My spiritual beliefs were pretty well formed pre 2020 and nothing has happened to radically alter them

By *an4funMan  over a year ago

london

"This is a new one! Never expected to see a discussion about God on a swinger site!

Genuine question to practising Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus on this site - how do you reconcile being a swinger with your religion? "

I'd also like to hear the answers to that one...

"This is a new one! Never expected to see a discussion about God on a swinger site!

Genuine question to practising Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus on this site - how do you reconcile being a swinger with your religion?

I'd also like to hear the answers to that one..."

Ever heard the phrase...

“To err is human, to forgive is devine”

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

"No as I think it is all rubbish. If god reallycan sit back and watch children die of cancer and other things he does not deserve my worship anyway!

Ever read The Bible?"

Enid Blyton wrote more believable stories. The bible is a book of fairy tales where people with a vested interest in retaining the status quo have an "answer" and formulate a question to fit their "answer".

The bible, like god, like religion, is just pure hokum.

"

Ever read The Bible?

That's called a deepity, it sounds deep but is really utterly meaningless. "

Spoken by a guy who hasn't read it.

Or are we wrong??

"No as I think it is all rubbish. If god reallycan sit back and watch children die of cancer and other things he does not deserve my worship anyway!

Ever read The Bible?

Enid Blyton wrote more believable stories. The bible is a book of fairy tales where people with a vested interest in retaining the status quo have an "answer" and formulate a question to fit their "answer".

The bible, like god, like religion, is just pure hokum. "

In your educated opinion.

You missed that bit.

By *ild_oatsMan  over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

Does God exist .... no

Can I prove he doesn’t exist ....no

but can I prove that fairies, goblins, elves and orcs exist.... no

But it doesn’t mean that they do.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

There are absolutely no answers to anything in any bible. Surely people have grown out of infantile fairy stories by now?

"Does God exist .... no

But it doesn’t mean that they do."

You can’t prove gravity exists

You can’t prove love exists...

So what is your point?

"There are absolutely no answers to anything in any bible. Surely people have grown out of infantile fairy stories by now?"

Why are people who don't believe anything so critical of people who do.

Is it fear? Jealousy of people that have a faith?

Very rarely do you see people of faith belittling people who have no faith.

Strange that.....

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?"

An open minded sensible reply.

Not for a second, it reinforced my faith in science and nature.

By *oAnCouple  over a year ago

Wandsworth

Genuine question to practising Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus on this site - how do you reconcile being a swinger with your religion? "

Abraham, Sarah and Hagar the first swinging mff approved by God that started 3 religions

https://www.uua.org/re/tapestry/multigenerational/hebrewscriptures/workshop5/sarah-hagar-abraham

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?"

Yes you can prove gravity exits it’s fundamental part of physics and can be proven.

love is an emotion an emotions can be measured objectively by pupil dilation (eye tracking), skin conductance (EDA/GSR), brain activity (EEG, fMRI), heart rate (ECG), and facial expressions.

God is belief in a supernatural being which you can’t prove any existence or evidence of.

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

Yes you can prove gravity exits it’s fundamental part of physics and can be proven.

love is an emotion an emotions can be measured objectively by pupil dilation (eye tracking), skin conductance (EDA/GSR), brain activity (EEG, fMRI), heart rate (ECG), and facial expressions.

God is belief in a supernatural being which you can’t prove any existence or evidence of.

"

Would you know what the evidence looks like though?

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

The very idea that a person looks to any God for salvation and deliverance, whilst ignoring the fact that the same God could have also prevented the problem, is its own contradiction.

Capricious and nasty, not to mention sick in the head to inflict misery on the creatures of his/her/its creation.

"The very idea that a person looks to any God for salvation and deliverance, whilst ignoring the fact that the same God could have also prevented the problem, is its own contradiction.

Capricious and nasty, not to mention sick in the head to inflict misery on the creatures of his/her/its creation."

The question is;

Is it God inflicting misery on his creation?

St Neots/Wisbech

"The very idea that a person looks to any God for salvation and deliverance, whilst ignoring the fact that the same God could have also prevented the problem, is its own contradiction.

Capricious and nasty, not to mention sick in the head to inflict misery on the creatures of his/her/its creation.

The question is;

Is it God inflicting misery on his creation? "

If he is truly omnipotent and omnipresent then the simple answer is yes. Not only has he allowed it, but also been aware of the forthcoming problem and let it spiral into death and death and misery.

“I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go.I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”   Genesis 28:15 

Well that's a crock right there.

Capricious and nasty, not to mention sick in the head to inflict misery on the creatures of his/her/its creation."

It's not that I disagree with your point, but the few deer that need to be culled so that the majority thrive would probably say the same thing. They just aren't aware of the "big picture".

St Neots/Wisbech

It's not that I disagree with your point, but the few deer that need to be culled so that the majority thrive would probably say the same thing. They just aren't aware of the "big picture"."

But surely the deer wouldn't culled with cancer or a virus that kills you slowly and painfully ?

It's not that I disagree with your point, but the few deer that need to be culled so that the majority thrive would probably say the same thing. They just aren't aware of the "big picture".

But surely the deer wouldn't culled with cancer or a virus that kills you slowly and painfully ? "

Nor would humans be shot by trained marksmen, but death is still death.

St Neots/Wisbech

But surely the deer wouldn't culled with cancer or a virus that kills you slowly and painfully ?

Nor would humans be shot by trained marksmen, but death is still death."

So it begs the question, where is this kind and loving God to step in and provide humane solutions to replace cruelty ?

As the creator its surely within his remit ?

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

"

What you have described is evidence not proof.

You can prove 2+2=4

You cant prove the above you can only provide evidence

By *entGent75Man  over a year ago

Dartford

The healthy respect of others beliefs is most important. So whatever you believe, keep to those and don't push them on others or try to tell people why they are wrong (in your own opinion) why they should discard them, or put them aside. Let people be and let people be comforted by the things that help them through life. People know nothing but are arrogant in thinking that they know everything.

St Neots/Wisbech

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

You can prove 2+2=4

"

Mr tickle exists, I saw him at a kids party and there's a book about him.

Just provided evidence and proof, now let's see the god squad do that.

By *punkymonkey40Man  over a year ago

derby

How can any one believe in God if he does not exist?

There are many billions of possible planets out there with life.. Yet he choose this one pick us off when he feels like and we have to thank him for it.

Of course there is a god

Who do you think created the damned virus

He created everything else , it says so in the bible

So it begs the question, where is this kind and loving God to step in and provide humane solutions to replace cruelty ?

As the creator its surely within his remit ? "

What happened when he came down to tell us?

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

You can prove 2+2=4

Just provided evidence and proof, now let's see the god squad do that. "

I would but:-

Abraham is long dead and the burning bush got put out

the Gurdwara Panja Sahib (boulder with handprint of Guru Nanak) is under travel restrictions

You can proove Mr Tickles with your own eyes, fine, but you never met Napoleon or Atila the Hun, did they not exist because you didn't see them?

"

Ever read The Bible?

Or are we wrong??"

I bet I know it better than you.

"

Ever read The Bible?

Or are we wrong??

I bet I know it better than you. "

The genocide, the inc@st, the consent to own another person as property. A loving god wouldn't accept a human sacrifice.

"

Ever read The Bible?

Or are we wrong??

I bet I know it better than you. "

Believe me. You don't.

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

You can prove 2+2=4

"

Proof is a fact that demonstrates something to be real or true.

Proof requires evidence, but not all evidence constitute.

So far I have never seen or had any evidence demonstrated for the existence of a God.

Though I would be interested in hearing your verified evidence contrary to non-existence.

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

You can prove 2+2=4

So far I have never seen or had any evidence demonstrated for the existence of a God.

Though I would be interested in hearing your verified evidence contrary to non-existence.

"

The fact is no-one can prove anything either way.

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

You can prove 2+2=4

The fact is no-one can prove anything either way."

Oddly, I agree with this.

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

"

Proof” implies that there is no room for error.

So please prove to me gravity exists.

What you have said about love hasn't proved love exists at all.

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

You can prove 2+2=4

Oddly, I agree with this. "

Absolutely spot on

Tell you what we don't get though.

Why do people have to knock other people's beliefs?

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

You can prove 2+2=4

Oddly, I agree with this.

Absolutely spot on

Tell you what we don't get though.

Why do people have to knock other people's beliefs? "

I'll knock anyone who wants to impose their belief upon me, either by legislation or proselytising.

Who is trying to impose it on anyone?

"Who is trying to impose it on anyone? "

Have I criticised you? I've criticised a book and a character in that book.

St Neots/Wisbech

What happened when he came down to tell us?"

When was that then ? Are you referring to solomons visit ?

"Who is trying to impose it on anyone?

Have I criticised you? I've criticised a book and a character in that book. "

Very touchy.

Have we accused you of something?

Strange...

What happened when he came down to tell us?

When was that then ? Are you referring to solomons visit ?"

No.

We can build up piles and piles of evidence for ideas.

When the pile reaches a certain height, it calls us to begin to take it rather seriously.

That is, until someone removes a critical piece from the bottom of the pile, and the entire edifice comes crashing down.

Then what?

Then we start to compile new evidence and so on. And you have another go. And another. And another.

All science is merely the current best model. Science is, by definition, in constant flux,it's fluid.

You can never have 100% proof of anything. There will always be doubt.

Very touchy.

Strange..."

Good to know that your religion doesn't inform your views on laws

Very touchy.

Strange...

Good to know that your religion doesn't inform your views on laws "

Ouch.

We have hit a nerve, haven't we??

Very touchy.

Strange...

Ouch.

We have hit a nerve, haven't we??"

Er... no. Not really.

Very touchy.

Strange...

Ouch.

Er... no. Not really. "

Of course not.

Funny.

Do you believe in Karma ?

Very touchy.

Strange...

Ouch.

Er... no. Not really.

Of course not.

Funny.

Do you believe in Karma ?"

No.

Very touchy.

Strange...

Ouch.

Er... no. Not really.

Of course not.

Funny.

No."

Just as well isn't it?

Very touchy.

Strange...

Ouch.

Er... no. Not really.

Of course not.

Funny.

No.

Just as well isn't it? "

Er... what?

St Neots/Wisbech

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

You can prove 2+2=4

the Gurdwara Panja Sahib (boulder with handprint of Guru Nanak) is under travel restrictions

You can proove Mr Tickles with your own eyes, fine, but you never met Napoleon or Atila the Hun, did they not exist because you didn't see them?"

I believe that Tutankhamen exists and he died 1300 years before Christmas. Why do I believe it? Because there's plenty of historical and scientific evidence preserved and documented. The Egyptians religious beliefs were very similar and predate the Bible by a considerable amount of time, yet you choose God over Amun Ra ?

Considering Jesus was such an important figure, it's strange how we cant find any actual proof he even existed.

I think it really comes down to what your definition of a "god" actually is. The Bible, Koran, Talmud etc were all interpretations by men, many hundreds of years ago. This was how they saw the world and how they defined it. They used it to explain what they couldn't, and to rule - to gain power. In the 21st century we know much of it isn't true, so the nature of a "god" could be redefined. My definition, is that "god" is just another word for nature. If you go through any religious text and swap those words, it makes a lot more sense. In this sense, yes - "god" created the virus, the cancers, wars etc but also the cures, I hope, for these things. "God" is not something that cares about humans - it cares about nature and humans are part of that. You can no more blame "god" for a tsunami that kills hundreds than you can nature. It doesn't care. "God" is a definition, not an entity.

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

You can prove 2+2=4

You can proove Mr Tickles with your own eyes, fine, but you never met Napoleon or Atila the Hun, did they not exist because you didn't see them?

I believe that Tutankhamen exists and he died 1300 years before Christmas. Why do I believe it? Because there's plenty of historical and scientific evidence preserved and documented. The Egyptians religious beliefs were very similar and predate the Bible by a considerable amount of time, yet you choose God over Amun Ra ?

Considering Jesus was such an important figure, it's strange how we cant find any actual proof he even existed. "

What proof would you find acceptable?

Very touchy.

Strange...

Ouch.

Er... no. Not really.

Of course not.

Funny.

No.

Just as well isn't it?

Er... what? "

If Karma was the case, would your partner be doing the same as you?

Just as well you don't believe in it!

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

You can prove 2+2=4

Considering Jesus was such an important figure, it's strange how we cant find any actual proof he even existed. "

Can't we?

St Neots/Wisbech

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

You can prove 2+2=4

Considering Jesus was such an important figure, it's strange how we cant find any actual proof he even existed.

What proof would you find acceptable?"

Certainly not a book that has been put together and fashioned Into so many different versions. , but let's say the cup that Christ offered at the last supper. That would give carbon dating and dna for a starter.

Perhaps even a few drawings of him, we know how much the Romans loved their art so should be no real shortage of them.

What about ancient papers that refer to him?

St Neots/Wisbech

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

You can prove 2+2=4

Can't we?"

Where is it then? ( please say Turing shroud)

St Neots/Wisbech

"What about ancient papers that refer to him?"

Theres ancient papers that refer to horus, osirus, even the book of the dead is better preserved and more legible than the dead Sea scrolls, and it has pictures.

"What about ancient papers that refer to him?

Theres ancient papers that refer to horus, osirus, even the book of the dead is better preserved and more legible than the dead Sea scrolls, and it has pictures. "

You are closed minded aren't you?

No problem.

St Neots/Wisbech

"What about ancient papers that refer to him?

Theres ancient papers that refer to horus, osirus, even the book of the dead is better preserved and more legible than the dead Sea scrolls, and it has pictures.

You are closed minded aren't you?

No problem. "

Surprised you didn't offer up the ecumenical question to finish with. This is why I abandoned the church years ago. I studied systematic theology for two years, so your closed minded theory is nothing I haven't heard before. Amusing really that my mind (regarding religion) is undoubtedly more open than yours.

Like you say though..... no problem.

By *anzcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Lanzarote

I believe, I believe.. I believe the children are our future

Teach them well and let them lead the way

Show them all the beauty they possess inside

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier

Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

Everybody searching for a hero

People need someone to look up to

I never found anyone who fulfill my needs

A lonely place to be

And so I learned to depend on me

I decided long ago

Never to walk in anyone's shadows

If I fail, if I succeed

At least I'll live as I believe

No matter what they take from me

They can't take away my dignity

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

".Or maybe God is the defendant and not the case?

As the defendant in a Court of Law god would need to be there to be questioned by both defence and prosecution."

There is no fid at all. This clinging to a non existent diet is holding you back?

Might seem odd, being on here, sharing my wife and being a massive believer in christ, but thats the way I was brought up.

Please name one contemporary extra-biblical source.

By *edGrayCouple  over a year ago

Swindon

Easy, I am a Catholic....I go to confession!

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

If you are a Christian you have go accept that the world isn't perfect because humans chose to have Knowledge (and hence free will with it) of the world and it's pain and suffering. (Adam and Eve).

Also, as for the lack of historical evidence for Jesus existence, possibly this is because he spent his life being a revolutionary and only became famous after his death? At the time of his life the only people we really know about are those who were well known in their lifetime (Emporors and Leaders for example)

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There aren't any from the period that he may have been alive, or immediately afterwards.

By *llabouttheladyMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Just imagine though

This bloke Jesus (evidence is there to support his existence) managed to spread his teachings across the world and inspire men and women to believe. All without easy access to a pen and paper, a telephone, a newspaper, the Internet, Facebook or Twitter.

Considering he was a Jew and Christianity didn't exist at the time he died, he managed to start off something pretty spectacular if you ask me.

Believe in it or not, you've got to give the lad and his mates some credit for creating the religion as we know it today.

The UK is a Christian country, hundreds of thousand of people have fought for us, that's why we have a cross on our flag, it's not because it looks nice. Our laws our based on Christianity, they are across the world in civilised countries.

Bare that in mind when you take the piss, imagine what life would be like without Christianity influencing the world as we know it.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Just imagine though

This bloke Jesus (evidence is there to support his existence) managed to spread his teachings across the world and inspire men and women to believe. All without easy access to a pen and paper, a telephone, a newspaper, the Internet, Facebook or Twitter.

Considering he was a Jew and Christianity didn't exist at the time he died, he managed to start off something pretty spectacular if you ask me.

Believe in it or not, you've got to give the lad and his mates some credit for creating the religion as we know it today.

The UK is a Christian country, hundreds of thousand of people have fought for us, that's why we have a cross on our flag, it's not because it looks nice. Our laws our based on Christianity, they are across the world in civilised countries.

Bare that in mind when you take the piss, imagine what life would be like without Christianity influencing the world as we know it.

"

Without taking the piss and respecting people's choice of whatever deity suits them or not etc, we are if one wants to attribute such things more a pagan country than Christian surely..

Acknowledging that the concept of country didn't really feature then..

Wakefield

Historically yes, Paganism was the dominant religion here at the time.

Same will be said in years to come about Christianity in this country. Eventually it will become less dominant and overtaken by other religions.

Hot on the heels of Christianity is Islam, same God, different rules.

By *isty286Couple  over a year ago

Dorset

Most people at the moment can't even agree if there is a virus until it puts them in an ICU, agreeing on the notion that there is a supreme being that created everything is way more difficult, what ever people believe is up to them, but if you believe in god then it's his plague we are currently dieing from, so if he does exist he can go fuck right off !!!

Maybe we’re truly and unbearably alone...God help us

St Neots/Wisbech

If you are a Christian you have go accept that the world isn't perfect because humans chose to have Knowledge (and hence free will with it) of the world and it's pain and suffering. (Adam and Eve).

Also, as for the lack of historical evidence for Jesus existence, possibly this is because he spent his life being a revolutionary and only became famous after his death? At the time of his life the only people we really know about are those who were well known in their lifetime (Emporors and Leaders for example) "

Hmm... yet we can find out plenty about Joseph of aramathia. Damn those cursed Flavians.

By *uncouple0512Couple  over a year ago

wakefield

[Removed by poster at 30/01/21 10:59:44]

I find it strange that these posts quickly draw those who don't believe in something yet demonstrate a deep hatred in their replies towards those who may believe.

Misotheism is very evident in many in here.

Why does it matter so much for them to show this hate and contempt and feel it's ok? It's not ok. If this same attitude was leveled at a black man/woman or at a gay man/woman few would accept it.

So many people here are genuinely nasty and sadly don't think it's wrong.

The OP asked a personal question, I think everyone would do good to show respect for their opinion, you may be different by why attack someone who has a different one from yourself. All it shows is what you're like inside and maybe need to go away and deal with that before it eats you up even more.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

Of course not..... what’s that bible story about a wise man who built his house on the rock not sand..... not gonna let a little pandemic question my beliefs

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

"I find it strange that these posts quickly draw those who don't believe in something yet demonstrate a deep hatred in their replies towards those who may believe.

Why does it matter so much for them to show this hate and contempt and feel it's ok? It's not ok. If this same attitude was leveled at a black man/woman or at a gay man/woman few would accept it.

The OP asked a personal question, I think everyone would do good to show respect for their opinion, you may be different by why attack someone who has a different one from yourself. All it shows is what you're like inside and maybe need to go away and deal with that before it eats you up even more."

It’s insecurity , lives built on sand....

The irony to many of those who don't believe in the existence of God is they still have this hatred towards him and blame him for all the evil and issues, why he doesn't exist. Or is it you won't blame yourself abd people for the same evils as they are the ones causing it.

Wakefield

"I find it strange that these posts quickly draw those who don't believe in something yet demonstrate a deep hatred in their replies towards those who may believe.

The OP asked a personal question, I think everyone would do good to show respect for their opinion, you may be different by why attack someone who has a different one from yourself. All it shows is what you're like inside and maybe need to go away and deal with that before it eats you up even more."

Hence why religious discrimination and harassment is a crime under the Equality Act 2010 and will potentially get you dismissed at work for taking the piss.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

I guess you get people taking it too far on all sides... There are chapters in the bible calling for people like us to be stoned to death after all

I'll have a guess that the quran might say something similar.

It has changed my belief in no way whatsoever, nor has it changed my view on Father Christmas or the tooth fairy.

By *oojCouple  over a year ago

exeter

A thing invented by man to control the general population and profit from it, what is there to believe?

"The irony to many of those who don't believe in the existence of God is they still have this hatred towards him and blame him for all the evil and issues, why he doesn't exist. Or is it you won't blame yourself abd people for the same evils as they are the ones causing it."

A very fair comment.

If people do not believe then go for it. Free will is a gift we all have.

But why all the anger and venom??

And all from people who don't believe.

It truly amazes us.

Well said.

Wakefield

"A thing invented by man to control the general population and profit from it, what is there to believe?"

Plenty if you believe in it, nothing if you don't, it really is that simple

We'll find out who picked the right horse when we die, I'm hoping I'm right and there is something else at the end other than a hot furnace or deep hole.

"A thing invented by man to control the general population and profit from it, what is there to believe?

We'll find out who picked the right horse when we die, I'm hoping I'm right and there is something else at the end other than a hot furnace or deep hole.

"

Simple but decent comment.

Curious that all the heated comments are coming from people who do not believe in God, isn't it??

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"A thing invented by man to control the general population and profit from it, what is there to believe?

Curious that all the heated comments are coming from people who do not believe in God, isn't it??"

It's another example of the intolerance of the tolerant.

People can believe or not but why some are so vociferous in their disbelief is strange , why does it matter to them if others believe.

Brighton

"

So the thread evolved into a discussion on “religion” as opposed to “god” and as such I am curious.

You are a Christian. May I ask what denomination?

Also, as a follower of a set of Christian doctrines - how do you reconcile that with bring someone looking to have sex with other men’s wives?

To be clear - I am not criticising or being judgemental. We are swingers and enjoy having sex with people we are not married to but we do not have that as a contradiction with our religious beliefs!

Curious that all the heated comments are coming from people who do not believe in God, isn't it??"

Maybe there's more to this than many want to admit. Could it be that we think we're far greater than what we actually are, think we know far more than we do in an attempt to hide our weakness and lack of knowledge, we are quick and vigorously deny that which we don't want to acknowledge?

Maybe there's more truth in it than we want to admit, scared if we acknowledge something as the consequences could be difficult to face?

It's the same in all walks of life I find.

So the thread evolved into a discussion on “religion” as opposed to “god” and as such I am curious.

Also, as a follower of a set of Christian doctrines - how do you reconcile that with bring someone looking to have sex with other men’s wives?

To be clear - I am not criticising or being judgemental. We are swingers and enjoy having sex with people we are not married to but we do not have that as a contradiction with our religious beliefs! "

It would seem you're trying to out them and maybe others going by your previous comments.

It not easy to separate God and religion, it's a bit like talking about travel and not cars or visa versa.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I find that people who demean those who believe in something and aggressively deny the possibility of anything existing as bad as the evangelicals.

Brighton

To be clear - I am not criticising or being judgemental. We are swingers and enjoy having sex with people we are not married to but we do not have that as a contradiction with our religious beliefs!

It would seem you're trying to out them and maybe others going by your previous comments.

It not easy to separate God and religion, it's a bit like talking about travel and not cars or visa versa."

Absolutely not just genuinely interested as swinging and christian doctrine beliefs appear to be mutually exclusive to me.

Not everyone is aggressive on social media or has an agenda. Some are genuinely inquisitive.

There is a huge irony of anyone who enjoys the swinging lifestyle being judgemental or intolerant.

Brighton

Also don’t agree you cannot talk about God without talking about religion.

There are many spiritual people who believe in God without following any particular religion or doctrine.

Wakefield

I'm Catholic, so is my wife, but we are not particularly good ones, just your average ones who try their best to be decent people whilst fucking it up here and there.

I sleep easy with my conscience, where I don't there is the confessional booth to "wash away my sins"

That's the beauty of being a Catholic, however bear in mind you do have to actually own up to what you have done wrong, and that is not easy - hence why many Catholics swerve confession for long periods of time.

Regards swinging, if it's not cheating it is perfectly acceptable in my (far from expert) opinion

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There's no place for abuse of others and certainly here everyone must abide by Fab site and forum rules. Some people may have come from backgrounds where some religious practitioners affected them badly, so their historical experience includes elements that have a lot of pain. We've seen religious groups operations such as those who raised children very brutally, where unmarried mothers weren't truly given the love they deserved, their offspring put into sewars.

The recent comments have included the lack of any records from the time of the supposed life of Jesus, about him. It's reasonable for people to seek corroboration of something that was remarkable, particularly when those who wrote of the biographical information didn't meet the person but got their information another way than first hand experience. Obviously the Romans who incorporated the religion into their own orthodoxy, had great power to ensure that the religion was as watertight and powerful as they found possible, so the great might of the Romans could, as well as does today, still endure. The history of religions are very interesting.

Brighton

"I'm Catholic, so is my wife, but we are not particularly good ones, just your average ones who try their best to be decent people whilst fucking it up here and there.

I sleep easy with my conscience, where I don't there is the confessional booth to "wash away my sins"

That's the beauty of being a Catholic, however bear in mind you do have to actually own up to what you have done wrong, and that is not easy - hence why many Catholics swerve confession for long periods of time.

Regards swinging, if it's not cheating it is perfectly acceptable in my (far from expert) opinion

"

Thanks for your honest answer. Would love to be a fly on the wall in that confessional to see Priests reaction.

I like the “not cheating rationale”. Be great if society as a whole could also see that as acceptable (though perhaps part of the appeal of swinging IS the taboo nature of it)

By *oojCouple  over a year ago

exeter

"A thing invented by man to control the general population and profit from it, what is there to believe?"

Must add if you believe in whatever is your choice and if it enhances your life go for it but it is your choice and respect others choice.

By *lyreelMan  over a year ago

King's lynn

"

Ever read The Bible?

That's called a deepity, it sounds deep but is really utterly meaningless. "

Haha, fantastic reply.

" ......

There is a huge irony of anyone who enjoys the swinging lifestyle being judgemental or intolerant. "

As I said may you are trying to out them. If not why your search?

Wakefield

Agree, the history is very interesting indeed, as is history in general though.

Many do not know the history, even the history of the last 500 years or so.

Catholics get the piss ripped out of them all the time by people who fail to realise it was once a Catholic county prior to Henry VIII not being able to hold a relationship down and Cromwell clearly being a nobhead and wanting to spoil the party and knock everything down.

How different would this country be today if those two clowns hadn't come along.

I'm light hearted with it all, but it is also very important to me.

Brighton

" ......

There is a huge irony of anyone who enjoys the swinging lifestyle being judgemental or intolerant.

As I said may you are trying to out them. If not why your search?"

1. Allaboutthelady appears to have been happy to answer my question.

2. Life is about the discovery of new knowledge and experiences.

3. How can we ever hope to understand other people and issues if we don’t ask questions about them?

4. It would appear to me, as someone who does to follow any religious doctrine, that being a swinger would not be a comfortable fit so I am genuinely interested how those who do/are reconcile that.

5. As I said, not everyone has an evil agenda!

"

Ever read The Bible?

Haha, fantastic reply. "

It's a great reply, especially seeing that this interpretation is not the only meaning of deepity.

Wakefield

" ......

3. How can we ever hope to understand other people and issues if we don’t ask questions about them?

4. It would appear to me, as someone who does to follow any religious doctrine, that being a swinger would not be a comfortable fit so I am genuinely interested how those who do/are reconcile that.

5. As I said, not everyone has an evil agenda!"

Always happy to share my thoughts, however odd they may be

" ......

5. As I said, not everyone has an evil agenda!"

I didn't say you had an evil agenda. Most tend to have agendas and your first comment seemed to come across that way, hence why I asked. It's good that you don't, few others seem to as I'd noted by many responses in here and it's way few will be open to answer your question in this environment.

I wish it were different and then people who have little or no knowledge on something could learn more. It's not about agreeing but about understanding others and being tolerant to differences of opinion. Forums have a long way to go in this.

St Neots/Wisbech

"The irony to many of those who don't believe in the existence of God is they still have this hatred towards him and blame him for all the evil and issues, why he doesn't exist. Or is it you won't blame yourself abd people for the same evils as they are the ones causing it."

Personally speaking, I don't have a hatred for God, how can I hate something that I don't believe exists ?

You can question people's beliefs if they are spouting alagoric passages from a book with no foundation,the church did the same to Salman Rushden as I recall and the ayatollah Khomeini imposed a fatwâ upon him.

By all means follow your beliefs and faith, but its also the believers calling the rest of us 'closed minded' that are provoking a response, ironically not turning the other cheek.

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

Didn't believe in him before. Still dont believe in him now so no nothing has changed here.

By *p4funCouple  over a year ago

PLYMOUTH

There is an estimated 10,000 religions in the world, i guess they all believe theirs is the true one .If it helps people to believe or gives them comfort it doesn't bother me to be honest .

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Plenty of religions allow more than one wife(bit sexist but I guess lots of women would say one husband is more than enough)so as long as you arent cheating I cant see why it's against the will of "god". sex isnt an issue in a relationship it's the breaking of trust that destroys. The Roman's and Greeks loved a good orgy

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Which God are you talking about? there are around 100,000 Gods worshipped on this planet. Which one do the believers on this post believe in and are the other 99,999 real too?

I find it mad that in the modern world we live in that people still believe in God, science has proven /disproved almost everything about there been a god yet people still believe and even kill in the name of god

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

see Epicurus's Trilemma

By *ewforestguyMan  over a year ago

England

"

Ever read The Bible?

We like to hunt ourselves for answers to the questions we want want to know."

I just use Google

"I'm Catholic, so is my wife, but we are not particularly good ones, just your average ones who try their best to be decent people whilst fucking it up here and there.

Thanks for your honest answer. Would love to be a fly on the wall in that confessional to see Priests reaction.

I like the “not cheating rationale”. Be great if society as a whole could also see that as acceptable (though perhaps part of the appeal of swinging IS the taboo nature of it)"

Im both Catholic and Muslim because of my parents raising me in such a way. The phrase that allows me to swing is...

“To err is human, to forgive is devine”

So let us err away, only god knows what is in your heart

St Neots/Wisbech

"see Epicurus's Trilemma"

I pointed to this earlier, and imagine my surprise when the paradox was ignored and a new question asked.

Brighton

Clearly can’t speak for others but I can understand why some ppl may want to believe in God. It means that “this” isn’t it. That there is more than what we see. It is often about having a coping mechanism to confront our finite mortality.

Personally I err between atheist and agnostic. I would LIKE there to be something more when this life ends otherwise it all becomes a bit nihilist but logic and science tells me there isn’t.

However, I do not and won’t subscribe to any religious doctrine as they are societal constructs designed (for the most part) to perpetuate the power and control of the patriarchy.

I have never understood why people are so 100% certain that there is no deity.

To assume that science knows everything is wrong, otherwise cancer would be cured, we would have gone to the edge of the universe and seen the depths of the ocean.

People who always say I believe in science, in my opinion reek of arrogance as how can you be so absolutely sure that there is nothing?

Most religious people (see above example somewhere) have a scientific background yet can concede that not everything has an answer in science.

By *lyreelMan  over a year ago

King's lynn

"Clearly can’t speak for others but I can understand why some ppl may want to believe in God. It means that “this” isn’t it. That there is more than what we see. It is often about having a coping mechanism to confront our finite mortality.

Personally I err between atheist and agnostic. I would LIKE there to be something more when this life ends otherwise it all becomes a bit nihilist but logic and science tells me there isn’t.

However, I do not and won’t subscribe to any religious doctrine as they are societal constructs designed (for the most part) to perpetuate the power and control of the patriarchy. "

Very eloquently put, I agree with everything you say! My response to religion is much more blunt..... it’s a load of bollocks.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

No, probably because I don't really believe.

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Still have faith in God....but this pandemic has certainly changed my perception on a lot of people I know...

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

"see Epicurus's Trilemma

I pointed to this earlier, and imagine my surprise when the paradox was ignored and a new question asked.

"

2400 years on and still the dogmatic pretend they never heard the question.

"I find it mad that in the modern world we live in that people still believe in God, science has proven /disproved almost everything about there been a god yet people still believe and even kill in the name of god "

What has science actually disproved about there being no God.

Have they proved The Big Bang Theory yet?

Can it be actually proved?

"I find it mad that in the modern world we live in that people still believe in God, science has proven /disproved almost everything about there been a god yet people still believe and even kill in the name of god

"

well evolution put abit of a spanner in the works for the whole god created man.

"I find it mad that in the modern world we live in that people still believe in God, science has proven /disproved almost everything about there been a god yet people still believe and even kill in the name of god

well evolution put abit of a spanner in the works for the whole god created man."

Is evolution then a fact?

Wakefield

Here is my belief system laid bare.

Science’s big bang - was created by a load of stuff flying around in space, that stuff was created by something, somewhere, somehow. It didn’t just appear.

You can RCA and science it all to death, but you will never get to the root cause. Even if it boils down to 1 atom of carbon and 1 atom of hydrogen, something created them.

That is why I have never given it up, as boring and as nuts as some of it is, I’ve picked my horse for the race, if I win, I move to the next level in the game, if I lose I get nothing.

Personally I prefer gambling with the chance of winning something.

Time for a Stella

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

The OP asked a personal question, I think everyone would do good to show respect for their opinion, you may be different by why attack someone who has a different one from yourself. All it shows is what you're like inside and maybe need to go away and deal with that before it eats you up even more.

I guess you get people taking it too far on all sides... There are chapters in the bible calling for people like us to be stoned to death after all

I'll have a guess that the quran might say something similar.

It has changed my belief in no way whatsoever, nor has it changed my view on Father Christmas or the tooth fairy. "

There's also a very important bit in the New Testament which states that "He who is without sin cast the first stone" it's also a policy of most branches of Christianity that we should hate the sin but love the sinner.

The key cornerstones of modern Christianity are the values of acceptance and forgiveness.

"Here is my belief system laid bare.

Science’s big bang - was created by a load of stuff flying around in space, that stuff was created by something, somewhere, somehow. It didn’t just appear.

You can RCA and science it all to death, but you will never get to the root cause. Even if it boils down to 1 atom of carbon and 1 atom of hydrogen, something created them.

That is why I have never given it up, as boring and as nuts as some of it is, I’ve picked my horse for the race, if I win, I move to the next level in the game, if I lose I get nothing.

Time for a Stella"

I'll have a Stella with you.

Never ever argued with anyone about their faith. It is personal and totally understand.

Don't mock or try to convert anyone, I just accept that we believe in different things.

Not the same on here though is it?

St Neots/Wisbech

Time for a Stella

Never ever argued with anyone about their faith. It is personal and totally understand.

Don't mock or try to convert anyone, I just accept that we believe in different things.

"

Except where you call people closed minded eh ?

Brighton

What I find challenging about religion is the huge amount of evil that has been perpetrated in the name of religion throughout history. More ppl have died due to clashing ideologies than anything else.

I think ppl who genuinely live their lives in line with the belief system they subscribe to are to be totally respected. However, the level of hypocrisy is astonishing in many so called religious ppl.

I know many “spiritual” ppl and atheists who exhibit far better and kinder more tolerant behaviours than those who regularly attend church, synagogue, temple or mosque.

I also remain astonished by some of the things I read on these forums. There was a time when ppl with kinks (fetish scene & swingers) were THE most tolerant and inclusive ppl I had ever met. Maybe as swinging has slipped towards being a bit more mainstream (and being honest a lot of ppl on here are just looking for casual sex, not really swingers) an uglier side has started to grow.

Time for a Stella

Except where you call people closed minded eh ? "

Yes. I call people that.

Look back. The ones who want to stamp their beliefs on anyone else.

I haven't argued that anyone's belief is wrong. You have though.

Godnlwft us a long time ago people

Wakefield

Time for a Stella

"

Being a Catholic, I’ve got skin like a rhino, it must be a bit like being a Man Utd fan

I’m happy to turn the other cheek on here, half the stuff people say on any forum wouldn’t be said if they were looking you in the eye with other people present. It’s easy to hide behind a keyboard, so don’t let it upset you.

I enjoy a healthy debate and don’t mind sharing my thoughts as I did earlier with the _irldn (the cracking arse avatar). Genuine questions get genuine answers.

We are all individuals with opinions that differ across any debate, be it religion, politics, sport or Covid. I supppose it’s when the respect disappears is where the upset starts.

I’m not offended today, but then again I don’t really give a shit what anyone else thinks to be fair.

St Neots/Wisbech

Time for a Stella

Yes. I call people that.

I haven't argued that anyone's belief is wrong. You have though."

Oh the irony

Brighton

"I enjoy a healthy debate and don’t mind sharing my thoughts as I did earlier with the _irldn (the cracking arse avatar). Genuine questions get genuine answers.

"

“Cracking arse avatar” lol thanks

That’s not a line you associate with a discussion about God and religion. Said it before but having serious topics in the Fab Forums is surreal sometimes!

Wakefield

Birldn does have a cracking arse though, we can’t disagree on that.

It’s Saturday night, put the debate guns down and grab a beer I say.

I’ve got a nice Jalfrezi on its way soon, and the wife is hopefully gonna let me do what I do best later once the kids are in bed.

Time for a Stella

Yes. I call people that.

Oh the irony

"

So hypocritical.

Enjoy your narrow-minded view.

We bet you never like to lose, do you?

St Neots/Wisbech

Time for a Stella

Yes. I call people that.

Oh the irony

So hypocritical.

We bet you never like to lose, do you? "

Not to people who have a pointless and uneducated narrative.

I've lived on both sides of the debate, studied it and accomplished from it. You just blindly follow and castigate in a cliché dogmatic manner.

Enjoy your faith, embrace it and I sincerely hope you find comfort in it.

well evolution put abit of a spanner in the works for the whole god created man."

Not necessarily - a god could have created the process of evolution.

By *merald Eyes XWoman  over a year ago

Can you find me….

I believe in god... that’s my beliefs! Everyone is allowed to there own opinions...... That doesn’t make me wrong or another person wrong! X

Time for a Stella

Yes. I call people that.

Oh the irony

So hypocritical.

I've lived on both sides of the debate, studied it and accomplished from it. You just blindly follow and castigate in a cliché dogmatic manner.

Enjoy your faith, embrace it and I sincerely hope you find comfort in it. "

I have studied theology. Far more educated than you ever will be.

So clever that you can tell my faith even though I haven't mentioned it. Hilarious

And I can smell bullshit a mile off.

Sad. Very sad.

"I believe in god... that’s my beliefs! Everyone is allowed to there own opinions...... That doesn’t make me wrong or another person wrong! X "

We agree totally.

But clearly there are people on here who think you cannot have your own opinion.

St Neots/Wisbech

Time for a Stella

Yes. I call people that.

Oh the irony

So hypocritical.

So clever that you can tell my faith even though I haven't mentioned it. Hilarious

Sad. Very sad."

I can also smell BS, however I'll leave it there.

"I find it mad that in the modern world we live in that people still believe in God, science has proven /disproved almost everything about there been a god yet people still believe and even kill in the name of god "

Sorry but I think you'll find this is not fact.

All science is merely the current best model. Science is, by definition, in constant flux,it's fluid.

You can never have 100% proof of anything. There will always be doubt.

well evolution put abit of a spanner in the works for the whole god created man.

Not necessarily - a god could have created the process of evolution."

The thing about evolution is that it's based upon one assumption after another to creat a theory. This is the way science works. Evolution is not as widely accepted at high levels of science as many would think. There is a lot of silencing going on when certain assumptions are shown to no longer be correct. It's difficult to replace them and their doubt creates a big issue when something so big is bassed upon them. This is the same with many aspects of science.

[Removed by poster at 30/01/21 23:13:55]

Time for a Stella

Yes. I call people that.

Oh the irony

So hypocritical.

Sad. Very sad.

I can also smell BS, however I'll leave it there. "

Really?

So what are our beliefs?

You don't know, do you? ?

Why people do not believe in evolution has no simple answer. (Williams 2009)

It is almost as if the human brain were specifically designed to misunderstand Darwinism, and to find it hard to believe. (Dawkins 1996)

Religion, for example, is not the only or even the main source of resistance to evolution for many people; it interacts in complex ways with numerous other factors.

Evolution education is also about marketing. Just as in commercial marketing, in which “understanding what motivates the audience is critical to creating effective advertising” (Wells et al. 2006), understanding the full spectrum of causes for why so many people do not think evolution is true is critical for increasing their acceptance.

Extracts from a paper written in 2011

Warren D. Allmon

Evolution: Education and Outreach

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Covid has had no effect on my opinion of god . Never thought he existed and never will. Untill proven wrong.

If he did exist why does he/she/they allow good people to suffer and die in some cases horrible deaths and bad evil people live long useless lives .

Oh god, not this again

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

You can prove 2+2=4

Certainly not a book that has been put together and fashioned Into so many different versions. , but let's say the cup that Christ offered at the last supper. That would give carbon dating and dna for a starter.

Perhaps even a few drawings of him, we know how much the Romans loved their art so should be no real shortage of them. "

To field this, no the bible isn't definitive proof that Jesus, son of

a god, existed. There are, however, written accounts of the man's life. At the time, of course, written accounts were all that was available to scholars and high-borns. The first Christian writings to talk about Jesus are the epistles of St Paul, and scholars agree that the earliest of these letters were written within 25 years of Jesus’s death at the very latest, while the detailed biographical accounts of Jesus in the New Testament gospels date from around 40 years after he died. These all appeared within the lifetimes of numerous eyewitnesses, and provide descriptions that comport with the culture and geography of first-century Palestine.

Secondly, there are many cups and artefacts from that period in museums. You could no more prove that cup was used by Jesus than by Pontius Pilate.

Thirdly, why would the Romans commission a picture of him? Art materials in those days were scarce and expensive - Jesus was a common criminal to the Romans, so why waste their money?

None of this proves that Jesus, the son of a god existed but historical evidence shows the high likelihood that a Rabbi called Jesus existed. Beyond that, is belief and faith.

"Does God exist .... no

So what is your point?

You can prove 2+2=4

Perhaps even a few drawings of him, we know how much the Romans loved their art so should be no real shortage of them.

To field this, no the bible isn't definitive proof that Jesus, son of

a god, existed. There are, however, written accounts of the man's life. At the time, of course, written accounts were all that was available to scholars and high-borns. The first Christian writings to talk about Jesus are the epistles of St Paul, and scholars agree that the earliest of these letters were written within 25 years of Jesus’s death at the very latest, while the detailed biographical accounts of Jesus in the New Testament gospels date from around 40 years after he died. These all appeared within the lifetimes of numerous eyewitnesses, and provide descriptions that comport with the culture and geography of first-century Palestine.

Secondly, there are many cups and artefacts from that period in museums. You could no more prove that cup was used by Jesus than by Pontius Pilate.

Thirdly, why would the Romans commission a picture of him? Art materials in those days were scarce and expensive - Jesus was a common criminal to the Romans, so why waste their money?

None of this proves that Jesus, the son of a god existed but historical evidence shows the high likelihood that a Rabbi called Jesus existed. Beyond that, is belief and faith. "

Interesting reading.

I have never had cause to 'believe' !

St Neots/Wisbech

[Removed by poster at 31/01/21 00:40:47]

Read the book. Live your life. Don’t feel guilty

By *erriAnneTV/TS  over a year ago

The shire

There's no such thing as god. Made up load of shite.

"

Yes.

By *oopaandchampersCouple  over a year ago

St Johns

Religion... fairytales for those who need comfort or for the less intelligent.

By *merald Eyes XWoman  over a year ago

Can you find me….

I think it very sad that people have to mock people of there beliefs. Everybody as the right to a opinion about any subject. Nobody is wrong or right!

Will I change my mind......NO

Am I less intelligent...........NO

Do I care of your opinion..... NO I DON’T

Do I need to justify myself......NO

And as much as you will have a lot to say about my reply..... I frankly don’t care of your opinion!!!!

Have a great Sunday peeps & enjoy the world of fab.

Signing off...

X

Yes."

Wrong answer

Evolution is both fact and theory.

Best know your facts before you quote them.

By *oinerbillMan  over a year ago

warrington

I will never understand why people chose to mock others for their faith and religion

if something gives you comfort and helps you to live as a better person why mock them for it

I am a catholic and though I don't go to church as much as I used to, my faith is very important to me

live your life as you wish, but don't mock and ridicule others for the way they live theirs