FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > What a prick!

What a prick!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I've had the covid vaccine. A little silly but I actually felt quite emotional once it was over.

I've struggled, had my good days and bad. But I'm happy to say today was a good day. It really seems like we are on the path to getting our lives back!

So everyone, when you get the call.. please get yours too

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"So I've had the covid vaccine. A little silly but I actually felt quite emotional once it was over.

I've struggled, had my good days and bad. But I'm happy to say today was a good day. It really seems like we are on the path to getting our lives back!

So everyone, when you get the call.. please get yours too "

Really happy for you!

Can’t wait until it’s my turn, which will unfortunately be a little while yet, but it is a chunk of light at the end of the tunnel

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"So I've had the covid vaccine. A little silly but I actually felt quite emotional once it was over.

That's brilliant news.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had mine a couple of weeks ago. Felt bloody awful after but must be better than having covid.

By *ememberTheNameMan  over a year ago

barnsley

I can’t wait for the day that it’s safe to be in contact with people without the fear of contracting/passing this bloody thing on !

I’m well and truly losing it today corona crazy !

By *ildbillkidMan  over a year ago

where the road goes on forever

Got the first shot about a month ago, going this week for part two

Really happy for you!

Can’t wait until it’s my turn, which will unfortunately be a little while yet, but it is a chunk of light at the end of the tunnel "

Thanks lovely, it will be your turn soon enough. We can definitely see that light

That's brilliant news. "

great news how was it?

i'm squeamish with needles at the best of times, but really nervous if I end up getting the one that is kept at -70... I know it sounds mental, and its defrosted a lot before being given, but the thought of it gives me the heeby jeebies!

"I had mine a couple of weeks ago. Felt bloody awful after but must be better than having covid."

Yeah I've heard that from a lot of people. Small price to pay though I guess. Hope your okay now

Glad it went well for you. Hope the 2nd jab doe's too.

I'll pass however x

I can’t wait for the day that it’s safe to be in contact with people without the fear of contracting/passing this bloody thing on !

I’m well and truly losing it today corona crazy ! "

It's definitely a relief feeling. That time will come, just got to ride it out a little longer

By *lanor the FairWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Great news . I am really happy for you

"Got the first shot about a month ago, going this week for part two"

Good luck for the second shot!

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"great news how was it?

i'm squeamish with needles at the best of times, but really nervous if I end up getting the one that is kept at -70... I know it sounds mental, and its defrosted a lot before being given, but the thought of it gives me the heeby jeebies!"

The vaccine that needs to be stored at -70 is actually viable at much higher temperatures for 4 or 5 days so by the time it gets to your arm it’s nowhere near minus temps

"great news how was it?

i'm squeamish with needles at the best of times, but really nervous if I end up getting the one that is kept at -70... I know it sounds mental, and its defrosted a lot before being given, but the thought of it gives me the heeby jeebies!"

Haha you know I'm the same. I've had a fear of needles since I was little. But the end goal is what you need to focus on so I just put my big girl pants on

"Glad it went well for you. Hope the 2nd jab doe's too.

I'll pass however x "

Thank you and that's completely your choice

Great news . I am really happy for you "

Congratulations.

Out of interest did they give you a date for the 2nd jab or give you any idea when you may have it?

"Congratulations.

Out of interest did they give you a date for the 2nd jab or give you any idea when you may have it?"

Thank you! Yeah they are sticking with the 12 week rule for the second shot

By *ack again. Again.Man  over a year ago

Tonbridge

[Removed by poster at 25/01/21 20:52:49]

By *ack again. Again.Man  over a year ago

Tonbridge

That's great news. Hope you're all good and you get your second jab ASAP. G x

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

I felt the same. Uplifting, emotional, hopeful.

Tomorrow is my 1st day as a Covid vaccinator. Can't wait to start getting this into peoples' arms. The sooner we all get this the better

That's great news. Hope you're all good and you get your second jab ASAP. G x"

Thank you

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Pleased for you

"I felt the same. Uplifting, emotional, hopeful.

Tomorrow is my 1st day as a Covid vaccinator. Can't wait to start getting this into peoples' arms. The sooner we all get this the better"

That's great, good luck.. amazing job your doing right now

So everyone, when you get the call.. please get yours too Pleased for you"

I'm.a vaccinator...

I also had mine.

I've had some folk in tears getting the vaccine...feel it's a step closer to an ounze of freedom

nottingham

Tomorrow is my 1st day as a Covid vaccinator. Can't wait to start getting this into peoples' arms. The sooner we all get this the better

That's great, good luck.. amazing job your doing right now "

Thank you x I feel lucky to be able to help x

nottingham

"I'm.a vaccinator...

I also had mine.

I've had some folk in tears getting the vaccine...feel it's a step closer to an ounze of freedom"

Brilliant x you're doing a great job x

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

The vaccination is a massive game changer....not just in the long term safety that it delivers physiologically, but in the psychological freedom it gives too....when people can see that light at the end of the tunnel, it allows them to brave the dark just a little bit longer. Roll on my shot...probably July/August but I can wait.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

I’m well and truly losing it today corona crazy ! "

Don't mean to pee on anyone's parade but folks, hope you are aware that you can still get it and pass it on after getting the vaccine x

Congrats OP, glad you got a bit of happiness x

By *omRachCouple  over a year ago

Wirral

We had ours today too, nothing to it.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm so glad

How have you managed to get it already?

How have you managed to get it already? "

Probably because of her job

I had mine last week

I had mine last week "

Yes I should have emphasised that it was more rhetorical and that I'm actually just jealous

I had mine last week

Yes I should have emphasised that it was more rhetorical and that I'm actually just jealous "

Apologies

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I had mine a couple of weeks ago. Felt bloody awful after but must be better than having covid."

It's just indicative of your immune system building its defenses up against it. It shows us that with an illness, some of what we think of as an infection is actually only our immune response to it.

Great news that you and others have now had it

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"I had mine a couple of weeks ago. Felt bloody awful after but must be better than having covid.

It's just indicative of your immune system building its defenses up against it. It shows us that with an illness, some of what we think of as an infection is actually only our immune response to it.

Great news that you and others have now had it "

I had my flu jab recently and had the worse headache ever for a few days after, and the jab site was hot, swollen and painful.

I have been wondering if I will have a similar reaction to the Covid vaccine.

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

Tomorrow is my 1st day as a Covid vaccinator. Can't wait to start getting this into peoples' arms. The sooner we all get this the better"

Been vaccinating for a wee while now.

You will see tears.

By *ature studentsCouple  over a year ago

Near Bournemouth Dorset.

"Glad it went well for you. Hope the 2nd jab doe's too.

I'll pass however x "

Me too as it's not a vaccine per se

By *nvincible ButterflyWoman  over a year ago

LEEDS

I'm getting mine on Sunday and I cant wait! I'm petrified of needles but knowing I'm having this one fills me with hope rather than fear

After all the sad news we have had over the past year,lets all hope that's us back on the right path again ,

Had mine . Felt a bit rough for a couple of days , bit like a hangover

I had mine last week "

Yeah I work for the NHS so got mine early

"I'm getting mine on Sunday and I cant wait! I'm petrified of needles but knowing I'm having this one fills me with hope rather than fear "

Im the same, always had a massive fear of needles. I cried but I promise you its just a tiny scratch, nothing to worry about sweet

Thank you everyone, hopefully you will get yours soon

7.5 million In 8 weeks! It is definitely something as a country we should be proud of.

Xx

Manchester (she/her)

I'm terrified of needles but bring this one on. (Eventually. I'm low priority)

"7.5 million In 8 weeks! It is definitely something as a country we should be proud of.

Xx"

Absolutely agree

"I'm terrified of needles but bring this one on. (Eventually. I'm low priority)"

I promise you it's nothing to worry about, just a tiny scratch

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm terrified of needles but bring this one on. (Eventually. I'm low priority)

I promise you it's nothing to worry about, just a tiny scratch "

Oh in theory I know, in practice it's terrifying.

I just hope the vaccinator doesn't mind me whimpering. It'll be fine but I'll react emotionally. (I want this and also I'll cry with relief)

"I'm terrified of needles but bring this one on. (Eventually. I'm low priority)

I promise you it's nothing to worry about, just a tiny scratch

Oh in theory I know, in practice it's terrifying.

I just hope the vaccinator doesn't mind me whimpering. It'll be fine but I'll react emotionally. (I want this and also I'll cry with relief)"

I cried like a knob but they were lovely about it

nottingham

"I'm terrified of needles but bring this one on. (Eventually. I'm low priority)"

I vaccinated about 50 people yesterday and the majority of them said they never felt a thing. Others said 'is that it?'. I promise you'll be fine x

There were lots of emotional tears. It was wonderful

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I have checked on the Omni vaccine checker, I should get the vaccine some time between June and September.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Just passed the interview for being a volunteer vaccinator so am going to crack on with the online training asap and get ready for the practical training

nottingham

"Just passed the interview for being a volunteer vaccinator so am going to crack on with the online training asap and get ready for the practical training "

Congratulations! You'll love it.

I get mine on saturday, i cried when the GP surgery phoned me ! Living life being petrified of getting covid is sooo hard (i'm clinically extremely highly vulnerable).

I assume you work in NHS - great news that you have had your vaccine - should have gone to frontline workers first - lets hope it lasts longer than 6 months so we can get to annual jabs and normality

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I've been giving vaccines for the last few weeks.

Everyone is so grateful.

I've seen tears of happiness and also a few sad ones where the vaccine has been too late for their husband or wife.

The clinics are such an emotional rollercoaster.

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

Another day spent vaccinating. There again tomorrow.

It's just going to get busier and busier

By *reykiwi500Man  over a year ago

London

"Just passed the interview for being a volunteer vaccinator so am going to crack on with the online training asap and get ready for the practical training "

Congratulations and good on you. I wonder if they are short of volunteer vaccinators in London and how I'd find out.

North West

"Just passed the interview for being a volunteer vaccinator so am going to crack on with the online training asap and get ready for the practical training

Congratulations and good on you. I wonder if they are short of volunteer vaccinators in London and how I'd find out."

St John Ambulance are recruiting volunteers who don't currently work in the NHS so maybe check out their website?

London

"Just passed the interview for being a volunteer vaccinator so am going to crack on with the online training asap and get ready for the practical training

Congratulations and good on you. I wonder if they are short of volunteer vaccinators in London and how I'd find out.

St John Ambulance are recruiting volunteers who don't currently work in the NHS so maybe check out their website?"

Will do, thanks. I'm lucky enough to work full time, but I'd like to help out at weekends if that's needed.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Yeah I've had mine. Terrible night's sleep, fever, afterwards, but all worth it.

North West

St John Ambulance are recruiting volunteers who don't currently work in the NHS so maybe check out their website?

Will do, thanks. I'm lucky enough to work full time, but I'd like to help out at weekends if that's needed."

I'm going to be doing weekends/evenings, using my volunteer days and some of my eleventy trillion days of unused annual leave that I rolled from last year. I work FT too.

London

Will do, thanks. I'm lucky enough to work full time, but I'd like to help out at weekends if that's needed.

I'm going to be doing weekends/evenings, using my volunteer days and some of my eleventy trillion days of unused annual leave that I rolled from last year. I work FT too."

I've had a bad few days, never felt so ill. Pretty sure it's a reaction to the vaccine but have got to have a covid test today to make sure

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"I've had a bad few days, never felt so ill. Pretty sure it's a reaction to the vaccine but have got to have a covid test today to make sure "

I had it on a Thursday and didn't feel back to normal till Monday. Fingers crossed for you, sure you'll be fine.

"I've had a bad few days, never felt so ill. Pretty sure it's a reaction to the vaccine but have got to have a covid test today to make sure

I had it on a Thursday and didn't feel back to normal till Monday. Fingers crossed for you, sure you'll be fine. "

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I've had a bad few days, never felt so ill. Pretty sure it's a reaction to the vaccine but have got to have a covid test today to make sure "

Was it the Oxford AstraZeneca ?

"I've had a bad few days, never felt so ill. Pretty sure it's a reaction to the vaccine but have got to have a covid test today to make sure

Was it the Oxford AstraZeneca ?"

Yeah it was

Leeds

Seems that gives worse after effects than Pfizer

"Seems that gives worse after effects than Pfizer"

It seems so, everyone I know who has had the Pfizer one said it just made them sleepy. I guess all our bodies react differently.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Seems that gives worse after effects than Pfizer"

Two family members have had the AZ vaccine, one is 91 years old and no after effects

All our bodies will react differently I guess

chelmsford

"All our bodies will react differently I guess "

Yes they will

Leeds

"

Two family members have had the AZ vaccine, one is 91 years old and no after effects "

That's great news. My 70 yr old neighbour said for 12 hours he felt like he had been run over by a train.

chelmsford

"

Two family members have had the AZ vaccine, one is 91 years old and no after effects

That's great news. My 70 yr old neighbour said for 12 hours he felt like he had been run over by a train. "

Gosh, not good, but yes, we will

all react differently, I'm prepared for some discomfort to get the jab

Near Bournemouth Dorset.

Was it the Oxford AstraZeneca ?"

The Oxford one is the real vaccine. We've both had it and admit did feel rough for a couple of days.

But we'd never trust the Pfizer one.

North West

The Oxford one is the real vaccine. We've both had it and admit did feel rough for a couple of days.

But we'd never trust the Pfizer one."

Would you like to elaborate on the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine?

I had the az one felt fine apart from a sore arm

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

Would you like to elaborate on the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine?"

I dont understand this either...

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

We all have unique immune systems and will therefore all react very differently to any vaccine.

I had the Pfizer 5 hours ago and I feel ok exept my arm hurts when I move it.

Manchester (she/her)

"I had the Pfizer 5 hours ago and I feel ok exept my arm hurts when I move it. "

North West

"I had the Pfizer 5 hours ago and I feel ok exept my arm hurts when I move it. "

Don't move it. Ash will attend to your every whim

"I had the Pfizer 5 hours ago and I feel ok exept my arm hurts when I move it.

Don't move it. Ash will attend to your every whim "

He actually has, he's been awesome.

He asked rose to do the late thread tonight so he can look after me.

By *uttyandbeeCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Don't move it. Ash will attend to your every whim "

Mandy had hers last week and our daughter the week before

The got 2 for a Pfizer

Don't move it. Ash will attend to your every whim Mandy had hers last week and our daughter the week before

The got 2 for a Pfizer"

One of us has had the Oxford the other has had the pfizer so we will report back in 3 months time and let you all know what the results are as to which is better.

North West

Don't move it. Ash will attend to your every whim Mandy had hers last week and our daughter the week before

The got 2 for a Pfizer

One of us has had the Oxford the other has had the pfizer so we will report back in 3 months time and let you all know what the results are as to which is better. "

Ash will claim to have won anyway because he resisted even without the vaccine!

The got 2 for a Pfizer

One of us has had the Oxford the other has had the pfizer so we will report back in 3 months time and let you all know what the results are as to which is better.

Ash will claim to have won anyway because he resisted even without the vaccine!"

He did tell the person vaccinating me that he is the chosen one!

Shame the Op has left the site hope she/he is alive and well?xx

"Shame the Op has left the site hope she/he is alive and well?xx"

Alive?

By *toreflashCouple  over a year ago

northampton

We are both body full of antibodies and as they predict you have a higher percentage chance of a reaction after being positive. Our experiences with COVID absolutely no one wants to chance getting the virus, get jabbed up everyone.

"Shame the Op has left the site hope she/he is alive and well?xx

Alive?"

I'd sooner the Op let us know this and not a 3rd party xx

By *lawioMan  over a year ago

caernarfon

I had my first shot on Pfizer on Thursday second shot in 7 weeks for me can't come soon enough stay safe everyone

Near Bournemouth Dorset.

Would you like to elaborate on the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine?"

Because a vaccine has at least a trace amount of what you're being vaccinated against which is in th Oxford vaccine.

Where as the Pfizer one doesn't and relys on RNA.

Would you like to elaborate on the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine?

Because a vaccine has at least a trace amount of what you're being vaccinated against which is in th Oxford vaccine.

Where as the Pfizer one doesn't and relys on RNA."

i was led to believe neither of the vaccines had the live virus in them ?

By *azmar62Couple  over a year ago

Hinckley

We’re having ours later today. Hopefully we’ll not feel the affects after, I’m working early in the am tomorrow?

Leeds

"

"

What makes you say this ?

had mine on Friday morning... the AZ one.

felt fine after it, but woke up about 1am saturday feeling like I'd been hit by a train... really, really poorly.

feel more human today, and taking the view its worth a couple of days feeling rough as toast if it means long term stuff gets back to normal!

By *oxcetteCouple  over a year ago

manchester

So the pubs / clubs / gig venues open and we have our " ive been jabbed card " anybody could get a card and put whatever they want on it - do you really think on a packed friday / Saturday night they will check ...get real

Had mine done on Tuesday and as much as I have fear of needles I'm glad I've had it done. I did feel like rubbish after for 2 days but better than being ill or dying will giving it to someone else

"So the pubs / clubs / gig venues open and we have our " ive been jabbed card " anybody could get a card and put whatever they want on it - do you really think on a packed friday / Saturday night they will check ...get real "
Already got an exception card lol

Manchester (she/her)

"So the pubs / clubs / gig venues open and we have our " ive been jabbed card " anybody could get a card and put whatever they want on it - do you really think on a packed friday / Saturday night they will check ...get real "

Given that other countries are requiring it, it's likely to be something with similar standards to a passport or currency, not what's in place currently.

I'm sure some places won't check, but I'm also sure that insurers will want it to happen. Money talks.

And if any verification comes in domestically and it's forged, I hope that perpetrators enjoy prison, the place for such worthless lowlife criminals.

By *lueEyesEnigmaMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"I'm.a vaccinator...

I also had mine.

I've had some folk in tears getting the vaccine...feel it's a step closer to an ounze of freedom"

Thank you for the work that you are doing

"Shame the Op has left the site hope she/he is alive and well?xx

Alive?

I'd sooner the Op let us know this and not a 3rd party xx"

Thanks for the concern, Im back on the site now.. very much alive and well

Manchester (she/her)

» Add a new message to this topic