FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 3 nights of riots in holland

3 nights of riots in holland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usybee73 OP   Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

kicking off in holland about over night curfew, been going on for 3 nights apparently ... though never heard about it on the bbc

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9187261/Lockdown-fury-sparks-night-violence-Holland.html

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

i just had my first night off

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

"kicking off in holland about over night curfew, been going on for 3 nights apparently ... though never heard about it on the bbc

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9187261/Lockdown-fury-sparks-night-violence-Holland.html"

It was on BBC TV news yesterday and is on website this morning.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"kicking off in holland about over night curfew, been going on for 3 nights apparently ... though never heard about it on the bbc

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9187261/Lockdown-fury-sparks-night-violence-Holland.html"

Daily mail though. So 50/50 it's bullshit.

Plus their standard cranked up "fury" and "outrage".

A report in that newspaper is the modern day equivalent of "bloke down the pub told me that..."

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9187261/Lockdown-fury-sparks-night-violence-Holland.html

A report in that newspaper is the modern day equivalent of "bloke down the pub told me that...""

Seemed pretty real on the TV footage

A report in that newspaper is the modern day equivalent of "bloke down the pub told me that...""

Maybe you believe that to be true. There's plenty of other news outlets reporting it.

Don't allow your hatred for the Daily Mail to get in the way of the truth

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Its certainly happening.

The idea of a curfew in Holland has some historical sensitivities around it, although this seems to be younger people kicking off.

Supressed.....London could easily kick off.....

I'm guessing? that civil disobedience might become a real problem.Not so much as in riots, but with people saying 'that's it ,we will travel down to the coast,will go to the park with the kids picnic etc'.With the possibility of no holidays etc

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I'm guessing? that civil disobedience might become a real problem.Not so much as in riots, but with people saying 'that's it ,we will travel down to the coast,will go to the park with the kids picnic etc'.With the possibility of no holidays etc"

Yep that will help stop the infection spreading. But I do agree with a poster from yesterday, I've been surprised (with a handful of exceptions) how adherent to the guidelines the youngsters have been, even the really young ones near me have been amazing.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

It’s been on the bbc for 2 days, just because it’s not in the main bulletin doesn’t mean it’s not happening, more important to focus on our own country in that. The information regarding other countries is out there if you want to find it

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Supressed.....London could easily kick off....."

As could any of the city & towns

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

mind you, the dutch government collapsed 10 days ago, over the benefit fraud witch hunt scandal so it's possibly not just the curfew

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I expect the same would happen here if a curfew was implemented. The silly kick offs we had last year over lockdown and the numpties outside the hospital will get all het up.

Tin town

"I expect the same would happen here if a curfew was implemented. The silly kick offs we had last year over lockdown and the numpties outside the hospital will get all het up. "

It will again when the weather improves. No fun rioting in the snow and ice.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

expect cases to go up in Holland in the next few weeks

Tin town

"expect cases to go up in Holland in the next few weeks "

And then more restrictions to bring them down?

A report in that newspaper is the modern day equivalent of "bloke down the pub told me that..."

Maybe you believe that to be true. There's plenty of other news outlets reporting it.

Don't allow your hatred for the Daily Mail to get in the way of the truth "

No hatred. Just saying that it being reported by the Daily Mail, is unrelated to it actually happening or not.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It will be interesting to see if they do.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Saw coverage of it on the main news 2 or 3 nights ago. Lots of very miffed people

I agree that it'll probably happen over here if things get worse or there's still no answers in a couple of weeks.

Batten down your hatches!!

"Saw coverage of it on the main news 2 or 3 nights ago. Lots of very miffed people

I agree that it'll probably happen over here if things get worse or there's still no answers in a couple of weeks.

Batten down your hatches!! "

It's the silliest thing to riot and protest about.

The more people do that, the longer it will take to curb the spread of the virus, and we'll need to lockdown for longer.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it happened here.

the Dutch and the English are quite similar.. that's why they liked soccer hooliganism and painting so much

d

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

No sympathy if they act like idiots

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"the Dutch and the English are quite similar.. that's why they liked soccer hooliganism and painting so much

d"

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Has there been any evidence to suggest that large gatherings of people outdoors are at increased risk?

"I'm guessing? that civil disobedience might become a real problem.Not so much as in riots, but with people saying 'that's it ,we will travel down to the coast,will go to the park with the kids picnic etc'.With the possibility of no holidays etc"

And this is the issue. You have a couple of generations of people who believe that all the freedoms they have enjoyed for the last 75 years come at no price.

I find it hilarious that people invoke ww2 and the sacrifices made by all then, yet struggle to give up their freedoms right now.

Like it or not we are at war. Our enemy is invisible but it is a war nonetheless.

"Has there been any evidence to suggest that large gatherings of people outdoors are at increased risk?"

Here's some information that looks at some of the factors that increase the risk of spreading the virus at gatherings.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/considerations-for-events-gatherings.html

Tin town

"the Dutch and the English are quite similar.. that's why they liked soccer hooliganism and painting so much

d"

And ovens

Tin town

"Has there been any evidence to suggest that large gatherings of people outdoors are at increased risk?"

Didn't they prove that Cheltenham race meeting and Liverpool v atletico caused outbreaks?

"expect cases to go up in Holland in the next few weeks

It will be interesting to see if they do. "

you have to wonder if the type of people doing these protests would bother going for tests , and given its apparently younger people the chances of them becoming sick enough to need hospital en masse isnt that high so even if cases do rise amongst this group would we ever know?

"Has there been any evidence to suggest that large gatherings of people outdoors are at increased risk?

Didn't they prove that Cheltenham race meeting and Liverpool v atletico caused outbreaks? "

Yes they did and it has now been classed as a super spreader event.

There was also a outdoor bike rally in the States that was considered responsible for nearly 4000 cases.

By *tio_oyMan  over a year ago

Amsterdam Holland

Living in Holland so quite close to things..

Problem is not the people who protest against covid regulations. It is another group that puts their hoodies on and start off...

Because they are bored? Or just because they believe they are untouchable?

Now a bigger thing will pop up as footbal hooligans group up in order to defend their cities against these boys....

I have no idea where or how this will end but I do hope that the police will act fully. Afterwards the same boys will complain about police violence but hey, if you jump in the water there is quite a big risk of getting wet!

By *endulum 20Couple  over a year ago

sandy

yes my husband was telling me this apparently willen 11 supporters were out to protect their city from the protesters recently

did also read about disturbances in italy and denmark

By *tio_oyMan  over a year ago

Amsterdam Holland

It is not the protesters who are doing this. It is a group that is only after the riot itself. Breaking the city down, rob the shops etc.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"It is not the protesters who are doing this. It is a group that is only after the riot itself. Breaking the city down, rob the shops etc."

Yes I've seen videos - looks like some other groups

By *lk GuyMan  over a year ago

sheffield

That’s a riot not a protest and think if it’ get to much media coverage it will happen more in different country

A lot of people are having problems not seeing loved one family etc

Loss of money business and mental health

Its about time people got upset at their civil liberties being removed. I don't know the ins and outs of this but the longer restrictions are in place the more inevitable that protests and riots take place. The fact is governments around the world are taking away peoples most basic human rights like seeing their families because they have decided that we should put others priorities before our own. Should restrictions not ease after the most vulnerable are vaccinated I will be out protesting too.

"I'm guessing? that civil disobedience might become a real problem.Not so much as in riots, but with people saying 'that's it ,we will travel down to the coast,will go to the park with the kids picnic etc'.With the possibility of no holidays etc

And this is the issue. You have a couple of generations of people who believe that all the freedoms they have enjoyed for the last 75 years come at no price.

I find it hilarious that people invoke ww2 and the sacrifices made by all then, yet struggle to give up their freedoms right now.

Like it or not we are at war. Our enemy is invisible but it is a war nonetheless."

We are not at war, please stop personifying a virus. This is never going away.

You are invoking the spirit of WW2 that never existed has merely been propaganda-ised over the years.

» Add a new message to this topic