FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > The EU vaccine rollout and supplies . . .

The EU vaccine rollout and supplies . . .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

All seems to have started when Germany decided to go protocol and order more than they had agreed to.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-eu-vaccine-rollout-has-been-a-mess-and-astrazeneca-row-adds-another-layer-of-tension-12198811

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Not alone as France and Denmark also have, they will probably all say that as the allocations within the EU were not fully taken up with the more expensive ones they have not broken EU rules but it's not going down well however it's to be explained..

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Not alone as France and Denmark also have, they will probably all say that as the allocations within the EU were not fully taken up with the more expensive ones they have not broken EU rules but it's not going down well however it's to be explained..

"

10 days old but worth a read. Seems to be as many internal as there are external problems in a few countries too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55575756

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

It seems the eu are trying to shift the blame for their poor judgement and vaccine roll out failure.

in Lancashire

Sometimes someone's going to have that last piece of cake even if they're a bit conscious of what everyone else is thinking..

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Hungary is buying unapproved Russian and Chinese vaccines.

Germany broke with Bloc protocol and purchased extra supplies, outside of the EU pool.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Don't know if anybof you saw the EU medical representative on TV earlier.

Think she dropped the bombshell when she was bleating on about us getting ours first and then announced that none of the vaccines have yet been passed for use in the EU

Let me guess, all tied up in EU red tape.

So it looks like they put bearacracy before the health of their member states.

Wonder if she still has a job this evening?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Don't know if anybof you saw the EU medical representative on TV earlier.

Think she dropped the bombshell when she was bleating on about us getting ours first and then announced that none of the vaccines have yet been passed for use in the EU

Wonder if she still has a job this evening?"

When you say red tape?

You mean checking to see if it's safe?

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

When you say red tape?

You mean checking to see if it's safe?"

No more like seeing if there are any backhanders that they can get for signing it off.

If anyone think the EU are better than us sure you will be welcomed with open arms....Oh no maybe not!

liverpool

When you say red tape?

No more like seeing if there are any backhanders that they can get for signing it off.

If anyone think the EU are better than us sure you will be welcomed with open arms....Oh no maybe not!"

You are aware of the pfi scandal I presume?

We are the only country in the world waiting 12 weeks between jabs

By *kyblue1878Couple  over a year ago

Southport

Hardly surprising. Our government may have fucked many things up since Covid but we will be better off in the long run away from the ridiculous EU and it's unelected statesmen.

liverpool

Hardly surprising. Our government may have fucked many things up since Covid but we will be better off in the long run away from the ridiculous EU and it's unelected statesmen.

"

You are aware of European elections?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

You are aware of European elections?"

Shhh. Facts are scary.

Southport

Dress it how you wish. We entered a European common market in the early 70's for easier trading. At no time did the UK sign up to the monster that became in Brussels to tell us what we can and can't do. Anyway it's now a mute point because they can't anymore. The UK will be better off for it in the long run.

Manchester (she/her)

Dress it how you wish. We entered a European common market in the early 70's for easier trading. At no time did the UK sign up to the monster that became in Brussels to tell us what we can and can't do. Anyway it's now a mute point because they can't anymore. The UK will be better off for it in the long run."

Dressing up an elected parliament as unelected because reasons seems the bigger problem to me

Southport

Dress it how you wish. We entered a European common market in the early 70's for easier trading. At no time did the UK sign up to the monster that became in Brussels to tell us what we can and can't do. Anyway it's now a mute point because they can't anymore. The UK will be better off for it in the long run.

Dressing up an elected parliament as unelected because reasons seems the bigger problem to me"

Let them crack on. Move to Europe if you place your trust in them. They are no better than FIFA, who bought votes from countries who needed them and their money but kept the establishment in power for years. Sepp Blatter got his comuppance and the EU will eventually go down the same path as Germany won't be able to prop it all up by itself.

Manchester (she/her)

Dressing up an elected parliament as unelected because reasons seems the bigger problem to me

Let them crack on. Move to Europe if you place your trust in them. They are no better than FIFA, who bought votes from countries who needed them and their money but kept the establishment in power for years. Sepp Blatter got his comuppance and the EU will eventually go down the same path as Germany won't be able to prop it all up by itself."

Ok hun.

Why are you arguing? Brexit happened

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

Dress it how you wish. We entered a European common market in the early 70's for easier trading. At no time did the UK sign up to the monster that became in Brussels to tell us what we can and can't do. Anyway it's now a mute point because they can't anymore. The UK will be better off for it in the long run."

I'm afraid I seem to remember John Major coming back from the Mastrec Treaty negotiations announcing what a triumph it was?(yes I know I probably spelt it wrong?) I think that's when so much changed from free trade to bureaucracy? I'm sure someone will correct me? I'm personally still awaiting a call to see if I do get a vaccination so hopefully we won't run out? And we no more elect the bureaucrats that actually run the E.U. anymore than we do our own Whitehall mandarins? I refer you to Yes Minister for those that remember the all powerful Sir Humphrey?

liverpool

Yep going swimmingly so far

liverpool

Let them crack on. Move to Europe if you place your trust in them. They are no better than FIFA, who bought votes from countries who needed them and their money but kept the establishment in power for years. Sepp Blatter got his comuppance and the EU will eventually go down the same path as Germany won't be able to prop it all up by itself."

You sound v angry.. thought you got what you wanted?

Southport

Let them crack on. Move to Europe if you place your trust in them. They are no better than FIFA, who bought votes from countries who needed them and their money but kept the establishment in power for years. Sepp Blatter got his comuppance and the EU will eventually go down the same path as Germany won't be able to prop it all up by itself.

You sound v angry.. thought you got what you wanted?"

Quite the contrary. Very happy with the outcome. Very happy with life, very happy about the future.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

When you say red tape?

If anyone think the EU are better than us sure you will be welcomed with open arms....Oh no maybe not!

We are the only country in the world waiting 12 weeks between jabs "

All you do is look for faults yet we are leading the the western world in vaccines I do not include Isreal as that is not free and westernised

liverpool

When you say red tape?

We are the only country in the world waiting 12 weeks between jabs All you do is look for faults yet we are leading the the western world in vaccines I do not include Isreal as that is not free and westernised"

Why arent they free?

upton wirral

When you say red tape?

We are the only country in the world waiting 12 weeks between jabs All you do is look for faults yet we are leading the the western world in vaccines I do not include Isreal as that is not free and westernised

Why arent they free?"

Look at how there cuntr is governed it is quite a communist system,

Manchester (she/her)

I mean honestly, the UK are in no position to point fingers. Horrific death rate, awful policy decisions, unauthorised trial with the Pfizer vaccine, etc etc etc.

We should clean our own damn house.

liverpool

When you say red tape?

We are the only country in the world waiting 12 weeks between jabs All you do is look for faults yet we are leading the the western world in vaccines I do not include Isreal as that is not free and westernised

Why arent they free?Look at how there cuntr is governed it is quite a communist system,"

in Lancashire

When you say red tape?

Why arent they free?Look at how there cuntr is governed it is quite a communist system,"

That'll be news to the citizens of Israel..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Sovereignty at work. The approvals process is essential to ensure safety and it would be atrocious if it had not been followed correctly, as millions of lives are af stake.

Ultimately, the EU now has a contractual, commercial dispute with the manufacturer. It was a gamble Last year, during such a catastrophic crisis, to be able to pick which of the vaccine projects would achieve success. I'd not have wished that decision on anyone, knowing that the wrong choices could mean thousands more deaths. It doesn't have to be about point scoring, when millions of lives are vulnerable, our common humanity is better than that.

A very difficult year ahead, as people in so many countries around the world are struggling, whilst vaccine production and delivery is struggling so much too.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"I mean honestly, the UK are in no position to point fingers. Horrific death rate, awful policy decisions, unauthorised trial with the Pfizer vaccine, etc etc etc.

We should clean our own damn house."

Unauthorised by who ?

By *ctionnotwords69Man  over a year ago

ENFIELD

Looks like EU were pinning hopes on the French Sanofi vaccine which has now been ditched ....hence EU scrapping round for replacement supplies....

upton wirral

When you say red tape?

You mean checking to see if it's safe?"

No red tape like everything to do with the damn EU

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

With Von der Leyen in charge it is no surprise that the EU rollout is in difficulty.

Before she was sent out to grass in the EU she was Germany's defence minister and was very quickly nicknamed "Flinten Ushi"

The "Ushi" bit is just a familiar name for Ursula is Germany (think Bob for Robert, Dick for Richard Etc.) Anyway it's the "Flinten" bit that is more interesting.

It literally translates as shotguns but is also used as a term for flintlocks. Which is what many commentators joked that the German army would be using if she stayed in charge for much longer.

By all accounts she spent more on management consultants than kit.

When the Germans packed her off to Brussels she was well and truly got rid of.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

So much for member states of the EU not being sovereign!

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

You sound v angry.. thought you got what you wanted?"

says something coming from the most bitter and argumentative person on fab!

liverpool

You sound v angry.. thought you got what you wanted?says something coming from the most bitter and argumentative person on fab!"

If I gave a flying toss what you thought I'd be nearly offended.

By *8v3nCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

I am reading this and wasting my time. Probably not so much as those who write these posts.

1. People who talk about countries acting as individuals - you are ridiculous. You probably read too much of rubbish waste and became complete numpties.

2. Talking and pretending that you have access to government information and know how to govern better either UK or EU? Do you really want to show everyone how silly you are?

3. All that uninformed banter and excitement is just fuelling politicians be lazy, feed more rubbish and not focus on less controversial things like making everyone's life better.

liverpool

"I am reading this and wasting my time. Probably not so much as those who write these posts.

1. People who talk about countries acting as individuals - you are ridiculous. You probably read too much of rubbish waste and became complete numpties.

2. Talking and pretending that you have access to government information and know how to govern better either UK or EU? Do you really want to show everyone how silly you are?

3. All that uninformed banter and excitement is just fuelling politicians be lazy, feed more rubbish and not focus on less controversial things like making everyone's life better.

"

near ipswich

"With Von der Leyen in charge it is no surprise that the EU rollout is in difficulty.

Before she was sent out to grass in the EU she was Germany's defence minister and was very quickly nicknamed "Flinten Ushi"

The "Ushi" bit is just a familiar name for Ursula is Germany (think Bob for Robert, Dick for Richard Etc.) Anyway it's the "Flinten" bit that is more interesting.

It literally translates as shotguns but is also used as a term for flintlocks. Which is what many commentators joked that the German army would be using if she stayed in charge for much longer.

When the Germans packed her off to Brussels she was well and truly got rid of."

I read about that, she only got the eu job because they couldn't agree on who to have and so to keep everyone happy they picked somone who nobody wanted the usual eu compromise

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"I am reading this and wasting my time. Probably not so much as those who write these posts.

"

You do realise this opinion would also include contributions made by yourself?

liverpool

You do realise this opinion would also include contributions made by yourself?"

See my post above

here

See my post above

"

the opinion they offer is that you are showing yourself to be "silly" and a "complete numptie" (along with everyone else who posts this stuff) - and you thumbs up this?

liverpool

See my post above

the opinion they offer is that you are showing yourself to be "silly" and a "complete numptie" (along with everyone else who posts this stuff) - and you thumbs up this?

"

Nope my previous messege.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

Ok hun.

Why are you arguing? Brexit happened "

Hahahahaba

here

See my post above

Nope my previous messege."

ok

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

See my post above

"

The post where you dont give a flying fuck about what people think but felt triggered enough to comment?

By *lbinoGorillaMan  over a year ago

Redditch

You sound v angry.. thought you got what you wanted?says something coming from the most bitter and argumentative person on fab!

If I gave a flying toss what you thought I'd be nearly offended."

And thank you for exactly proving that particular point!

Have a nice day now, y'all

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"With Von der Leyen in charge it is no surprise that the EU rollout is in difficulty.

When the Germans packed her off to Brussels she was well and truly got rid of.I read about that, she only got the eu job because they couldn't agree on who to have and so to keep everyone happy they picked somone who nobody wanted the usual eu compromise "

Sounds about right.

The EU commission has always been the graveyard for failed politicians.

You only have to look at the ones Britain sent there over the years.

Kinnock & Mandelson were hardly giants of international statesmanship. And don't get ma started on the useless Kathy Ashton.

liverpool

You sound v angry.. thought you got what you wanted?says something coming from the most bitter and argumentative person on fab!

If I gave a flying toss what you thought I'd be nearly offended.

And thank you for exactly proving that particular point!

Have a nice day now, y'all "

And you are?

By *ip2Man  over a year ago

Maidenhead / High Wycombe

[Removed by poster at 28/01/21 13:58:44]

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"[Removed by poster at 28/01/21 13:58:44]"

Which vaccines have the EMA approved and how many have they distributed yet?

That aside. To answer the question. If we have enough for our own population, of course we should help out our neighbours. They may or may not reciprocate at some point in the future. Stronger together.

It's no use one country being well if all its neighbours are sick.

That's why all the EU countries have said yes, a common approach is better.

Until now, buying and distributing vaccines has been a job for each country.

That's because the EU institutions are only for the things that can only be best done together.

And the EU's institutions are only to do the minimum.

These are called the principles of subsidiarity and proportionality in article 5 of the Treaty on European Union.

The EU countries have never had a coordinated distribution network of medicines before.

It takes time to set it up. Yes there's frustration. Maybe there has been a mess up. But I think it's a good idea and I think it's worth it.

If it hadn't been for EU investment there might not be some vaccines at all at the moment.

The last thing needed is all the countries of Europe - including the UK - squabbling over whose vaccine order contract is to be fulfilled first.

That would be far worse than the frustration of a slow start.

That's why the European Commission was so anxious to encourage all the member countries to agree to coordinate their efforts and take a common approach.

I trust the European Commission. I've been to Brussels and met people who work in the Commission.

Grantham

"It's no use one country being well if all its neighbours are sick.

That's why all the EU countries have said yes, a common approach is better.

Until now, buying and distributing vaccines has been a job for each country.

That's because the EU institutions are only for the things that can only be best done together.

And the EU's institutions are only to do the minimum.

These are called the principles of subsidiarity and proportionality in article 5 of the Treaty on European Union.

The EU countries have never had a coordinated distribution network of medicines before.

It takes time to set it up. Yes there's frustration. Maybe there has been a mess up. But I think it's a good idea and I think it's worth it.

If it hadn't been for EU investment there might not be some vaccines at all at the moment.

The last thing needed is all the countries of Europe - including the UK - squabbling over whose vaccine order contract is to be fulfilled first.

That would be far worse than the frustration of a slow start.

That's why the European Commission was so anxious to encourage all the member countries to agree to coordinate their efforts and take a common approach.

I trust the European Commission. I've been to Brussels and met people who work in the Commission."

Hows that working with Germany and Hungry?

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

Certainly not a mute point as I think the thread proves, could be a moot one of course

Today's FT says that a company making vaccine in a factory in the EU, and in a factory in the UK, sent supplies to the UK when where was a shortfall in production in the UK.

"We entered a European common market in the early 70's"

The UK entered the European Economic Community and the European Atomic Energy Community in 1973.

Ireland and Denmark also joined at the same time. Norway would have joined too but a referendum went against.

Since then two more main things have been added.

1) Security and judicial cooperation, like Europol police cooperation and Eurojust courts cooperation;

2) A Common Foreign and Security Policy, that means a ban on handling gold from North Korea's banks, for example.

Neither 2 or 3 are particularly controversial and are good things.

Some new things came in 2007, like the European External Action Service, that's like a diplomatic service.

Everything that applied to the UK was there because it had been signed for by the UK PM and then approved by the Westminster Parliament.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"We entered a European common market in the early 70's

The UK entered the European Economic Community and the European Atomic Energy Community in 1973.

Ireland and Denmark also joined at the same time. Norway would have joined too but a referendum went against.

1) Security and judicial cooperation, like Europol police cooperation and Eurojust courts cooperation;

2) A Common Foreign and Security Policy, that means a ban on handling gold from North Korea's banks, for example.

Some new things came in 2007, like the European External Action Service, that's like a diplomatic service.

Everything that applied to the UK was there because it had been signed for by the UK PM and then approved by the Westminster Parliament."

Another huge change was to admit many East European countries.

liverpool

"Today's FT says that a company making vaccine in a factory in the EU, and in a factory in the UK, sent supplies to the UK when where was a shortfall in production in the UK."

So the eu sent us some?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Germany are limiting the AZ vaccine to under 65s.

Coronavirus: Germany set to limit AstraZeneca jab to under-65s https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55839885

Tin town

"Today's FT says that a company making vaccine in a factory in the EU, and in a factory in the UK, sent supplies to the UK when where was a shortfall in production in the UK.

So the eu sent us some?"

No. The Corporation whose property it was, shipped it to its customer who had ordered it. Got nothing to do with the EU.

liverpool

"Today's FT says that a company making vaccine in a factory in the EU, and in a factory in the UK, sent supplies to the UK when where was a shortfall in production in the UK.

So the eu sent us some?

No. The Corporation whose property it was, shipped it to its customer who had ordered it. Got nothing to do with the EU."

I must have misread it

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

"We entered a European common market in the early 70's

Everything that applied to the UK was there because it had been signed for by the UK PM and then approved by the Westminster Parliament.

Another huge change was to admit many East European countries. "

I agree with this. At no point have we had any say over the expansion of the EU. Yes, in theory, we can make our view heard via our MPs - I mean, we haven't had a realistic say over what has happened.

I also agree that there is no point squabbling over a vaccine that needs to be distributed to the world, let alone UK and Europe. But I have to say that what I have heard from Europeans over the past 48 hours or so has been ridiculous. References to a butchers shop etc. None of it helpful. As somebody has pointed out, I assume that lady has now disappeared to some back room.

There is no way you can demand something from a manufacturer who happens to be struggling to get a new production system online. All you can do is offer assistance and figure out alternative ways to get round the snags.

"I mean, we haven't had a realistic say over what has happened."

I have some sympathy with that and I'll explain why below.

Ten new countries joined in 2004 with the approval of all the national leaders and their parliaments.

John Major called it a moral duty to bring in the central and eastern European countries in.

The UK PM at the time could have called a referendum to ask before signing the accession treaty.

It would have been something if the UK had the same rules as Ireland.

In Ireland there has to be a poll of approval before changing the constitution.

Making the EU (and before that the EC and EEC) bigger doesn't change Ireland's constitution. But signing to join, and the Maastricht treaty, and Amsterdam, and Lisbon, and the Treaty on Stability Coordination and Governance, does.

Altogether there have been nine referendums in Ireland specifically about Europe.

It would have been a sight to see if Major had to call a referendum before signing Maastricht.

I have sympathy with the point, because several people have complained to me that the European issues tended to get mixed up with all the others at general elections - issues like schools and hospitals and income tax and so on.

By *ioloCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

The situation is not that simple. Firstly the Germans are seeing the Phizer- Biontech vaccine as a German vaccine, they even call it just Biontech vaccine and the vaccine is produced in EU. Considering that majority of people in Britain have been vaccinated with just one shot of Phizer I think is better to just keep quiet and hope for the best. The question is not do you want to give them some vaccines but what can you do to ensure they will not stop giving you the vaccine. Secondly, AstraZeneca might have the headquarters in Cambridge but is hardly a British company. Lots of business on the continent, plus, even though the vaccine is bottled or produced in UK, not sure how much of the ingredients are sourced locally.

As a separate note, I personally don’t think the Europeans are really interested in getting the Astrazeneca vaccine. They simply don’t trust it. Many of them don’t want any vaccine, let alone one which has been botched from the very beginning and with a very low efficiency.They either want their money back or whant them to produce the Phizer under licence like Sanofi agreed. Most likely they think, okay guys, you managed to vaccinate all the vulnerable now is our turn.

liverpool

"The situation is not that simple. Firstly the Germans are seeing the Phizer- Biontech vaccine as a German vaccine, they even call it just Biontech vaccine and the vaccine is produced in EU. Considering that majority of people in Britain have been vaccinated with just one shot of Phizer I think is better to just keep quiet and hope for the best. The question is not do you want to give them some vaccines but what can you do to ensure they will not stop giving you the vaccine. Secondly, AstraZeneca might have the headquarters in Cambridge but is hardly a British company. Lots of business on the continent, plus, even though the vaccine is bottled or produced in UK, not sure how much of the ingredients are sourced locally.

As a separate note, I personally don’t think the Europeans are really interested in getting the Astrazeneca vaccine. They simply don’t trust it. Many of them don’t want any vaccine, let alone one which has been botched from the very beginning and with a very low efficiency.They either want their money back or whant them to produce the Phizer under licence like Sanofi agreed. Most likely they think, okay guys, you managed to vaccinate all the vulnerable now is our turn.

"

I was reading a piece where it was saying a lot if the labs here have been funded by The eu?

Tin town

"The situation is not that simple. Firstly the Germans are seeing the Phizer- Biontech vaccine as a German vaccine, they even call it just Biontech vaccine and the vaccine is produced in EU. Considering that majority of people in Britain have been vaccinated with just one shot of Phizer I think is better to just keep quiet and hope for the best. The question is not do you want to give them some vaccines but what can you do to ensure they will not stop giving you the vaccine. Secondly, AstraZeneca might have the headquarters in Cambridge but is hardly a British company. Lots of business on the continent, plus, even though the vaccine is bottled or produced in UK, not sure how much of the ingredients are sourced locally.

I was reading a piece where it was saying a lot if the labs here have been funded by The eu?"

Just a thought... Where do eu funds come from?

By *8v3nCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

It's funny to see Brexit inspired discussions on swinger forum discussed by men in towels. Or sometimes not. ahhh special note to those men who doesn't like certain areas like Eastern Europe. If you come across a good looking Eastern European girl, would you choose not to flirt because she is from there?

Basingstoke

I was reading a piece where it was saying a lot if the labs here have been funded by The eu?"

Lots of labs received funds while UK was part of EU. When the pandemic started they gave funds to anyone they could trust just as UK did. Many of this labs, despite Brexit, are still involved in various ongoing projects, people from all over the world working together. Europeans are not seeing Britain as a competitor, at least not yet.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"It's funny to see Brexit inspired discussions on swinger forum discussed by men in towels. Or sometimes not. ahhh special note to those men who doesn't like certain areas like Eastern Europe. If you come across a good looking Eastern European girl, would you choose not to flirt because she is from there? "

Who has said they don’t like East Europeans?

By *angtidy42Couple  over a year ago

Redditch

The EU were to late to get their orders in to start off with. They should of done it as individual countries instead of grouping together and the red tape tying them up causing a 3 month delay.

AZ drug is a bio culture grown in fermentation vesicles the 3 in the UK are doing very well after some teething problems unlike the one in Holland and Belgium.

The EU can do all the sabre rattling they want and demands will fall on independent deaf ears.

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

MHRA approval first in the UK and we ordered 3 months before them. Administered the AZ today to 328 patients in my practice, we are already getting the under 70s in and jabbed, actually something we are getting right but that is down to the staff on the ground

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"

Was reading BBC at lunchtime about this. It's true that last year the first couple of batches were sent from AZ UK to AZ Germany for the final stages which were then returned. Since then AZ UK has reconfigured so they can do the whole process in the UK including all the ingredient needed so totally in house

near ipswich

The Germans have said they wont give the astra zenica jab to over 65,s now so that should stop them moaning.

milton keynes

"The EU were to late to get their orders in to start off with. They should of done it as individual countries instead of grouping together and the red tape tying them up causing a 3 month delay.

AZ drug is a bio culture grown in fermentation vesicles the 3 in the UK are doing very well after some teething problems unlike the one in Holland and Belgium.

The EU can do all the sabre rattling they want and demands will fall on independent deaf ears. "

Yes again heard the explanation on the BBC this time the radio. They say the UK put their order in before the vaccine was even close to being proven. The Americans done the same with moderna It was a punt but worked out well

Basingstoke

I was reading a piece where it was saying a lot if the labs here have been funded by The eu?

Just a thought... Where do eu funds come from? "

Every few years they make a medium term plan then every year every country contributes to the pot? From the pot ,money are given for various projects. Is that simple.

liverpool

Just a thought... Where do eu funds come from? "

Each country pays in

The Germans botched up the procurement, allocation and distribution as has been very evident the past week or more by finger pointing by its own EU members. If they didn't feel Germany was at fault they certainly wouldn't have made such a public display knowing it wouldn't look good from onlookers. They are trying to save face. Interesting that they don't care about other contract being honoured but insist theirs gets honoured above others because they put money into it. One minor detail is others invested billions too. They backed the wrong horse at the time. The display of bulshy, bully tactics at the press conference isn't lost on onlookers as EU members needed to be reassured more than anything and an opportunistic dig at the UK in the hope of getting one over.

In response to the crisis, the European Commission is due to present a proposal on Friday that could complicate exports of vaccines from facilities on the continent by adding bureaucratic layers.

There has been a call from other EU members to have an outright ban on any export of the vaccine until it gets all it needs first.

the commission has so far rejected amid fears that the introduction of protectionist measures could easily escalate into a full-blown trade war. That could disrupt critical supply chains just as humanity races to immunize itself before mutations render the coronavirus less susceptible to vaccines.

The European Commission is weighing two options. The first possibility would effectively function as a notification system, with manufacturers having to inform the bloc of their exports. The second is a time-limited targeted authorization system, which would require companies to seek approval for some of their exports.

Watch this space. The world is looking on.

liverpool

"It's funny to see Brexit inspired discussions on swinger forum discussed by men in towels. Or sometimes not. ahhh special note to those men who doesn't like certain areas like Eastern Europe. If you come across a good looking Eastern European girl, would you choose not to flirt because she is from there? "

Remember the euros coming from was it the Czech republic and Slovakia and every time it focused on a girl in the crowd,she was stunning?

near ipswich

"The Germans botched up the procurement, allocation and distribution as has been very evident the past week or more by finger pointing by its own EU members. If they didn't feel Germany was at fault they certainly wouldn't have made such a public display knowing it wouldn't look good from onlookers. They are trying to save face. Interesting that they don't care about other contract being honoured but insist theirs gets honoured above others because they put money into it. One minor detail is others invested billions too. They backed the wrong horse at the time. The display of bulshy, bully tactics at the press conference isn't lost on onlookers as EU members needed to be reassured more than anything and an opportunistic dig at the UK in the hope of getting one over.

In response to the crisis, the European Commission is due to present a proposal on Friday that could complicate exports of vaccines from facilities on the continent by adding bureaucratic layers.

There has been a call from other EU members to have an outright ban on any export of the vaccine until it gets all it needs first.

the commission has so far rejected amid fears that the introduction of protectionist measures could easily escalate into a full-blown trade war. That could disrupt critical supply chains just as humanity races to immunize itself before mutations render the coronavirus less susceptible to vaccines.

The European Commission is weighing two options. The first possibility would effectively function as a notification system, with manufacturers having to inform the bloc of their exports. The second is a time-limited targeted authorization system, which would require companies to seek approval for some of their exports.

Watch this space. The world is looking on."

All this over a vaccine that they have yet to approve you really couldn't make it up.

milton keynes

"The Germans botched up the procurement, allocation and distribution as has been very evident the past week or more by finger pointing by its own EU members. If they didn't feel Germany was at fault they certainly wouldn't have made such a public display knowing it wouldn't look good from onlookers. They are trying to save face. Interesting that they don't care about other contract being honoured but insist theirs gets honoured above others because they put money into it. One minor detail is others invested billions too. They backed the wrong horse at the time. The display of bulshy, bully tactics at the press conference isn't lost on onlookers as EU members needed to be reassured more than anything and an opportunistic dig at the UK in the hope of getting one over.

If the UK helps out in the future by sending them vaccine would it be held up at the border or miraculously be passed straight through? Anyway AZ has places in Europe so maybe increase production there would be easier

Tin town

I can see how that process will make it easier.

Tin town

"It's funny to see Brexit inspired discussions on swinger forum discussed by men in towels. Or sometimes not. ahhh special note to those men who doesn't like certain areas like Eastern Europe. If you come across a good looking Eastern European girl, would you choose not to flirt because she is from there?

Remember the euros coming from was it the Czech republic and Slovakia and every time it focused on a girl in the crowd,she was stunning?"

Happier times!

Grantham

Belgian health officials visited AZ Belguim today, at the behest of the EU. They were trying to discover if vaccine manufactured there, had been sent to the UK.

The EU is indeed proposing legislative measures on vaccine exports, which they (surprise surprise) intend to rush through in days.

The EU wanted to negotiate vaccines as a bloc to avoid "vaccine nationalism". Now, they are proposing exactly that.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

We could always pack it in fish and sell it that way.

Bet that wouldn’t be left at the docks waiting for correct paperwork.

Bristol

Belgian health officials visited AZ Belguim today, at the behest of the EU. They were trying to discover if vaccine manufactured there, had been sent to the UK.

The EU is indeed proposing legislative measures on vaccine exports, which they (surprise surprise) intend to rush through in days.

The EU wanted to negotiate vaccines as a bloc to avoid "vaccine nationalism". Now, they are proposing exactly that. "

The EU is now showing their true colours

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"It's funny to see Brexit inspired discussions on swinger forum discussed by men in towels. Or sometimes not. ahhh special note to those men who doesn't like certain areas like Eastern Europe. If you come across a good looking Eastern European girl, would you choose not to flirt because she is from there?

Remember the euros coming from was it the Czech republic and Slovakia and every time it focused on a girl in the crowd,she was stunning?"

Its always the stunners the cameras focus on they wont show the munters

The EU wanted to negotiate vaccines as a bloc to avoid "vaccine nationalism". Now, they are proposing exactly that.

The EU is now showing their true colours "

Not really, some of us have seen these colours for decades, some more recently, some still deny it and will deflect with some justifications. Either way it's hard to deny.

[Removed by poster at 28/01/21 21:03:20]

"

It takes time to set it up. Yes there's frustration. Maybe there has been a mess up...

"

Ah so things take time to setup, but yet if there are any hiccups post Brexit then I bet you would be on the bandwagon criticising the UK Govt? The EU are a problem to themselves. Germany, France, Spain etc all shout about how great freedom of movement is, yet were all so quick to reintroduce borders at the start of the pandemic. The EU have had plenty of time to organise distribution of vaccines yet they failed. The EU had plenty of time to assist Greece, yet they failed and then punished Greece. There is alot of failure in the EU that remoaners are all to happy to make excuses for, but show them one hiccup in the UK post Brexit and remoaners are up in arms. Just a bunch of hypocritical fuckkuntz.

liverpool

"

It takes time to set it up. Yes there's frustration. Maybe there has been a mess up...

Ah so things take time to setup, but yet if there are any hiccups post Brexit then I bet you would be on the bandwagon criticising the UK Govt? The EU are a problem to themselves. Germany, France, Spain etc all shout about how great freedom of movement is, yet were all so quick to reintroduce borders at the start of the pandemic. The EU have had plenty of time to organise distribution of vaccines yet they failed. The EU had plenty of time to assist Greece, yet they failed and then punished Greece. There is alot of failure in the EU that remoaners are all to happy to make excuses for, but show them one hiccup in the UK post Brexit and remoaners are up in arms. Just a bunch of hypocritical fuckkuntz."

Nice

Tin town

This from the online torygraph....

It's an interesting take. The EU ordering a raid on the belgium production site.

"Whatever the rights and wrongs of Britain’s pandemic response, one thing the Government has certainly got right is vaccine procurement. The same cannot be said for our Continental neighbours. With EU officials now demanding that AstraZeneca provides doses to Europe from those designated for the UK and ordering a raid on the Belgian production site, James Crisp explains how the bloc got itself into such a mess and why its argument lacks force."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/01/27/uks-vaccine-gamble-paid-eu-left-without-leg-stand/

upton wirral

"This from the online torygraph....

It's an interesting take. The EU ordering a raid on the belgium production site.

"Whatever the rights and wrongs of Britain’s pandemic response, one thing the Government has certainly got right is vaccine procurement. The same cannot be said for our Continental neighbours. With EU officials now demanding that AstraZeneca provides doses to Europe from those designated for the UK and ordering a raid on the Belgian production site, James Crisp explains how the bloc got itself into such a mess and why its argument lacks force."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/01/27/uks-vaccine-gamble-paid-eu-left-without-leg-stand/

"

upton wirral

"

Ah so things take time to setup, but yet if there are any hiccups post Brexit then I bet you would be on the bandwagon criticising the UK Govt? The EU are a problem to themselves. Germany, France, Spain etc all shout about how great freedom of movement is, yet were all so quick to reintroduce borders at the start of the pandemic. The EU have had plenty of time to organise distribution of vaccines yet they failed. The EU had plenty of time to assist Greece, yet they failed and then punished Greece. There is alot of failure in the EU that remoaners are all to happy to make excuses for, but show them one hiccup in the UK post Brexit and remoaners are up in arms. Just a bunch of hypocritical fuckkuntz."

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

"

Ah so things take time to setup, but yet if there are any hiccups post Brexit then I bet you would be on the bandwagon criticising the UK Govt? The EU are a problem to themselves. Germany, France, Spain etc all shout about how great freedom of movement is, yet were all so quick to reintroduce borders at the start of the pandemic. The EU have had plenty of time to organise distribution of vaccines yet they failed. The EU had plenty of time to assist Greece, yet they failed and then punished Greece. There is alot of failure in the EU that remoaners are all to happy to make excuses for, but show them one hiccup in the UK post Brexit and remoaners are up in arms. Just a bunch of hypocritical fuckkuntz. "

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"

The EU are a problem to themselves. Germany, France, Spain etc all shout about how great freedom of movement is, yet were all so quick to reintroduce borders at the start of the pandemic.

"

and there was me thinking one of the main reasons leavers voted the way they did was because they said we were unable to control our borders being in the EU.

"

The EU are a problem to themselves. Germany, France, Spain etc all shout about how great freedom of movement is, yet were all so quick to reintroduce borders at the start of the pandemic.

and there was me thinking one of the main reasons leavers voted the way they did was because they said we were unable to control our borders being in the EU.

"

Well technically we weren't able to, not were those who closed their borders. Even the EU had something to say about it. But what it did show, that is regardless of the so called European unity, each state reverted to being a country and looked out for themselves before the looked to others. Which is exactly what Brexiteers said we should do for ourselves back in 2016.

liverpool

"

"

Basingstoke

Why everyone is trying so much to politicise this issue? Well, Astra Zeneca, a multinational company with a french CEO, a Scandinavian chairman and research labs and factories all over the world received a gigantic order from EU plus a hefty check upfront. We can only guess ,but most likely , in the contract are clauses regarding what is happening if they don’t manage to develop a vaccine as well if they do. To me looks like Astra Zeneca declared defeat long time ago and didn’t even try to rump up production at their European sites, rightly assuming that no one will be bothered to buy their vaccine. I guess now they told EU, look, we have the vaccine, it is in full deployment in UK , buy it from us, honour the order. To which EU replied....right, then give it to us... well, actually isn’t ready yet. The reason they raided the factories was just to prove that nothing was done until now to increase the production. Also, let’s not forget that majority of the countries in this world may be poorer than western countries but that’s not necessarily the case for their leaders. The vaccine is the new gold and those guys are not sitting with their arms crossed waiting for Tutankhamen from WHO to deliver their vaccines sometimes next century. Serious bribes are circulated between all sorts of actors.

I still think that Astra Zeneca wanted to pee against the wind regarding EU.

The Telegraph is not a reliable source of information.

For example, the European Central Bank has to be independent and Angela Merkel has never had any influence there.

For good measure, Germany has a minority vote in Council of the European Union, the key decision-making body.

Perhaps Angela Merkel's diplomats and ministers have been good at persuading others before votes took place - but then, so has the UK, the UK's diplomats were respected.

Jean-Claude Juncker said he wanted better Europe, not more Europe.

Juncker said the EU should be good at the things it does. "Big on the big things and small on the small things". He said he did not want a Europe that interferes in every area of people's lives. That is hardly an "ultra-integrationist".

On the virus, the paper was "significantly misleading" in January.

"France, Spain etc all shout about how great freedom of movement is, yet were all so quick to reintroduce borders at the start of the pandemic.

"

They all signed the Schengen agreement which allows borders to be closed in the case of an emergency like a health crisis.

By *illupMan  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

Shhh. Facts are scary."

"The EU commission has always been the graveyard for failed politicians.

"

The European Commission has had good people.

Unlike Jeremy Hunt, EU health commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis was a doctor and surgeon who also helped to write Lithuania's constitution.

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

"...

Move to Europe if you place your trust in them."

I hear this sort of thing said loads and always wonder why, if moving out is so easy, didn't you just move out of the EU?

Oh, and we 'are' in Europe still.

Grantham

The EU Ombudsman is now investigating the EU Commision, on its failure to release details of vaccine contracts.

These have been requested by a watchdog group, under EU transparency rules.

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-brandishes-export-ban-to-claim-dibs-on-vaccine-astrazeneca-pfizer/

Looks like member states will have all the vaccine they need

Tin town

"https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-brandishes-export-ban-to-claim-dibs-on-vaccine-astrazeneca-pfizer/

Looks like member states will have all the vaccine they need "

Wow. Export ban of life saving medication, political interference in corporate affairs. Wtf...

North Bucks

"https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-brandishes-export-ban-to-claim-dibs-on-vaccine-astrazeneca-pfizer/

Wow. Export ban of life saving medication, political interference in corporate affairs. Wtf..."

It ok if the EU does it though apparently.

here

Wow. Export ban of life saving medication, political interference in corporate affairs. Wtf..."

and a massively negative message to the pharmaceutical industry for any possible ventures in the future?

Looks like member states will have all the vaccine they need "

Wonder how EU law works with this?

"We are now in a situation where we have lack of clarity on vaccine deliveries ... so we are in a sense obliged to look for a solution."

Lmao...

By *adrqMan  over a year ago

monaghan

as you can all see I am from Ireland , my mum has a serious underlying problem , she is a very fit woman for her age I love her so much I am in tears here writing she has worked so hard 2 do things wright this last yr she has a hernia pushing up against one off her lungs what that means if she does any activity she run out of breath , we live on the very border of northern Ireland , she is 79 years of age , I would hate 2 think of her coming 2 her death because of this deasease humanity where is it now

Tin town

""We are now in a situation where we have lack of clarity on vaccine deliveries ... so we are in a sense obliged to look for a solution."

Lmao..."

And here in a nutshell we have all the arguments for the last 20 years.

Perfect evidence of reasons why we needed to leave.

Perfect evidence of reasons why we needed to stay .

Perfect evidence that when push comes to shove politicians can be very dangerous to our lives

Tin town

""We are now in a situation where we have lack of clarity on vaccine deliveries ... so we are in a sense obliged to look for a solution."

Lmao...

Perfect evidence that when push comes to shove politicians can be very dangerous to our lives

"

Imagine the global outpouring of outrage if trump had done this?

It is a drastic step, raising a specter of Trumpian protectionism that goes against the EU’s core self-image as a proselytizer of free trade, proponent of multilateralism and professed champion of global equity, particularly in the distribution of vaccines, which has been a personal priority of Commission President Ursula von der Leyen since the outset of the pandemic.

The vaccine has not even been approved by the eu yet. EU orders were placed late. Germany bullying Europe and allies once again is not a good look.

Grantham

"as you can all see I am from Ireland , my mum has a serious underlying problem , she is a very fit woman for her age I love her so much I am in tears here writing she has worked so hard 2 do things wright this last yr she has a hernia pushing up against one off her lungs what that means if she does any activity she run out of breath , we live on the very border of northern Ireland , she is 79 years of age , I would hate 2 think of her coming 2 her death because of this deasease humanity where is it now "

Thoughts are with you. Good luck to you both.

liverpool

Lmao...

Imagine the global outpouring of outrage if trump had done this?

It is a drastic step, raising a specter of Trumpian protectionism that goes against the EU’s core self-image as a proselytizer of free trade, proponent of multilateralism and professed champion of global equity, particularly in the distribution of vaccines, which has been a personal priority of Commission President Ursula von der Leyen since the outset of the pandemic.

The vaccine has not even been approved by the eu yet. EU orders were placed late. Germany bullying Europe and allies once again is not a good look. "

Trump tried to buy the rights to a German vaccine so they would be able to keep it in America.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Just read the APA - Who the hell in the EU signed up to that. If I was member state I would be fuming.

So the EU can dictate what manufacturing facility can supply the EU, despite one being in non EU country at the time of signing. So some companies in the UK are still part of the EU if it suits the Euro idiots. Did they say that for the PB vaccine US plants would also need to supply the EU as a priority - no, didn't think so.

Their actions would now put off any one company wanting to business and repeat business. They also have to explain why Astra Zeneca are forfilling orders to those that paid the higher price, but explain to member states why the beat down AZ to a lower price sacrificing delivery timescale.

The EU has ordered 5 x the amount of doses there are citizens, clearly edging their bets, sadly they didn't pay off ad quick as they needed and are in the mess they find themselves.

The EU commission are becoming a laughing stock, and embarrassment to member states. The best thing AZ could do is supply them and watch the likes of Germany and France snaffle all the doses leaving the likes of Croatia and Portugal last in the queue.

So much for a fair and equal EU.

liverpool

The eu fucking up.

Its almost like brexiteers are saying I told you so.

Just read this...

The EU's medicines regulator also approved squeezing six doses out of every BioNTech/Pfizer vial instead of five, potentially increasing the number of injections on offer by 20 percent.

Wonder how those looking to blame the UK for already the gap between the two doses in order to get as many covered by the first will think about this?

Its sad again to see the EU usurping the bully tactics on the supplies of vaccines but it's good to have it clear for those remoaners who denied this ever happened. As someone pointed out earlier, let's watch to see who is prioritised amongst the different EU states too.

liverpool

I often find using derogatory terms really validates your argument.

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

"I often find using derogatory terms really validates your argument. "

So that explains why you often use the C word when referring to Boris Johnson!

liverpool

"I often find using derogatory terms really validates your argument.

So that explains why you often use the C word when referring to Boris Johnson!"

What c word?

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

The four lettered one ending in "t" that you often use for borris

liverpool

"The four lettered one ending in "t" that you often use for borris "

Clown doesnt end in t

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"The four lettered one ending in "t" that you often use for borris "

Boris is the biggest c*nt of them all but actually that’s not fair on c*nts as they’re useful.

"The four lettered one ending in "t" that you often use for borris

Clown doesnt end in t "

And clown has 5 letters

liverpool

Clown doesnt end in t

And clown has 5 letters "

True

"All seems to have started when Germany decided to go protocol and order more than they had agreed to.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-eu-vaccine-rollout-has-been-a-mess-and-astrazeneca-row-adds-another-layer-of-tension-12198811"

Why are you bothered what the EU are doing. Thanks to englandshire we are no longer part of it. Much better off since leaving seemingly. NHS are getting an extra £340m extra a day lol

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"All seems to have started when Germany decided to go protocol and order more than they had agreed to.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-eu-vaccine-rollout-has-been-a-mess-and-astrazeneca-row-adds-another-layer-of-tension-12198811

Why are you bothered what the EU are doing. Thanks to englandshire we are no longer part of it. Much better off since leaving seemingly. NHS are getting an extra £340m extra a day lol "

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Why are you bothered what the EU are doing. Thanks to englandshire we are no longer part of it. Much better off since leaving seemingly. NHS are getting an extra £340m extra a day lol "

The English saved your ass there. Or you would be on 2% vaccinated as well. Now sit down and eat your peas or you won’t get any pudding.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"Just read the APA - Who the hell in the EU signed up to that. If I was member state I would be fuming.

So the EU can dictate what manufacturing facility can supply the EU, despite one being in non EU country at the time of signing. So some companies in the UK are still part of the EU if it suits the Euro idiots. Did they say that for the PB vaccine US plants would also need to supply the EU as a priority - no, didn't think so.

Their actions would now put off any one company wanting to business and repeat business. They also have to explain why Astra Zeneca are forfilling orders to those that paid the higher price, but explain to member states why the beat down AZ to a lower price sacrificing delivery timescale.

The EU has ordered 5 x the amount of doses there are citizens, clearly edging their bets, sadly they didn't pay off ad quick as they needed and are in the mess they find themselves.

The EU commission are becoming a laughing stock, and embarrassment to member states. The best thing AZ could do is supply them and watch the likes of Germany and France snaffle all the doses leaving the likes of Croatia and Portugal last in the queue.

So much for a fair and equal EU. "

Tin town

Many reasons... Human for one. The eu actions may well impact the roll out to our own citizens. And that impacts on everybody. We may be out of the eu (in theory) but we are still in Europe and we need to get along with our neighbours. And the fact that bullying tactics are despicable whoever enacts them. Hope that answers your question.

Bristol

It’s only equal when the EU says it is and not before

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Some more good news today with another vaccine on the way and again production will be in the UK

By *ctionnotwords69Man  over a year ago

ENFIELD

The German's know the rules.....we put our towels out 3 months ago ...??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-55852698

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Clown doesnt end in t "

No it doesn't, and it has five letters not four, but you well know that clown is not the word in question here too.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"The German's know the rules.....we put our towels out 3 months ago ...??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-55852698"

Oooh that is so racist against our German friends but quite funny, I'll go and spank myself

Tin town

Oooh that is so racist against our German friends but quite funny, I'll go and spank myself "

Having just seen the update just now... It looks like it's going to get ugly with not just astra zenica but all vaccine supplies with eu flexing it's muscle / bullying. The virus just grew a new variant to contend with.

liverpool

Oooh that is so racist against our German friends but quite funny, I'll go and spank myself

Having just seen the update just now... It looks like it's going to get ugly with not just astra zenica but all vaccine supplies with eu flexing it's muscle / bullying. The virus just grew a new variant to contend with. "

Tbf if they have put an order in and the supplier hasn't delivered..can you blame them?

And I'm not sure its bullying

What would we do?

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

Having just seen the update just now... It looks like it's going to get ugly with not just astra zenica but all vaccine supplies with eu flexing it's muscle / bullying. The virus just grew a new variant to contend with.

Tbf if they have put an order in and the supplier hasn't delivered..can you blame them?

What would we do?"

If they were the only ones to put in an order fair enough or if they were first to order but they were late. Why should they jump the que?

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

And so the EU introduce export controls on vaccines.

I hope others with more production capacity do the same until the EU see the error of their beurocratic and protectionist ways.

The South African Professor nailed it when he said "No one will be safe until everyone is safe. While countries and territories are left behind, the virus will continue to mutate".

Now is not the time for 'self interest', this is a global pandemic, the world needs to work together.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"The South African Professor nailed it when he said "No one will be safe until everyone is safe. While countries and territories are left behind, the virus will continue to mutate".

Now is not the time for 'self interest', this is a global pandemic, the world needs to work together."

Notts

"The South African Professor nailed it when he said "No one will be safe until everyone is safe. While countries and territories are left behind, the virus will continue to mutate".

Now is not the time for 'self interest', this is a global pandemic, the world needs to work together."

i wonder if the prof has had his vaccine already? rainbows and unicorns.... lets face it people would fight to the death over toilet roll... jeeeez

seems to me the eu fucked up its order and is now wanting to hijack other peoples orders.. which cant be lawfully right... but should people have shopping trollies full of loo roll? thats not morally right either! bastards! Get the tanks! i do like a man in uniform, any country without a tank give them one to make it a fair fight!

Grantham

Moderna have now warned of a 25% reduction in vaccine deliveries, again impacting on deliveries to the EU.

These vaccines are manufactured in central France, but are also using plants in Sweden and Spain for the "fill and finish" processes.

Bristol

What would we do?"

So now they see it’s fair to hijack other countries orders then

True colours

I wonder what impact this will have on how pharma companies approach this sort of thing in the future. Bearing in mind the way they have conducted things at cost price has never been done before. Im fully aware that they have had huge injection on finance from outside sources but nevertheless being at cost meant a huge loss of profit.

I personally think the EU leaders have shot themselves in the foot in a number of ways over this action.

here

"I wonder what impact this will have on how pharma companies approach this sort of thing in the future. Bearing in mind the way they have conducted things at cost price has never been done before. Im fully aware that they have had huge injection on finance from outside sources but nevertheless being at cost meant a huge loss of profit.

I personally think the EU leaders have shot themselves in the foot in a number of ways over this action."

By *adyinred696969Couple  over a year ago

Brecon

What would we do?"

Is'nt this all tied in with the fact that the EU were hoping to have another vaccine rolled out too, but it failed to be any good, so they binned it, meaning the orders they had put in for that meant they were short? So now they have chucked their teddies out of the pram, and want to strong-arm the vaccine producers into giving them more than they had origionally ordered. IMHO thats not how it works, we should all work together to beat this virus, but they cant criticise us for desisions we made, and then get all shitty when they are caught out too.

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

Luckily we don’t have that waste of money anymore

What would we do?

Is'nt this all tied in with the fact that the EU were hoping to have another vaccine rolled out too, but it failed to be any good, so they binned it, meaning the orders they had put in for that meant they were short? So now they have chucked their teddies out of the pram, and want to strong-arm the vaccine producers into giving them more than they had origionally ordered. IMHO thats not how it works, we should all work together to beat this virus, but they cant criticise us for desisions we made, and then get all shitty when they are caught out too.

"

That's NOT how they work.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

What would all these eu lovers said if trump had done the same this place would have had a meltdown.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

They have contracts with PB, but I don't see the stupid EU saying supplies made by PB in the US should get diverted to the EU. They would promptly be told to do one.

Seems like the EU is out to piss off the world.

Why did they also need to redact the date of deliveries 'no earlier than' that smacks of EU incompetence.

liverpool

"What would all these eu lovers said if trump had done the same this place would have had a meltdown. "

https://www.bmj.com/content/368/bmj.m1100

By *adyinred696969Couple  over a year ago

Brecon

What would we do?

That's NOT how they work. "

i'm not totally up on all of it, but it does sound like the EU are trying to move the goalposts.

North Bucks

"What would all these eu lovers said if trump had done the same this place would have had a meltdown. "

When he tried. Shit was indeed lost over it. But then a lot of shit was being lost back then and most of it rightly so.

Basically the EU have triggered article 16 of the agreement.

Notts

that is true people

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

Was on the BBC news today a German MP said the way the EU are handling the roll out of the vacations was a great advert for brexit

here

"Basically the EU have triggered article 16 of the agreement."

EU imposed hard border.

Grantham

"Basically the EU have triggered article 16 of the agreement."

Didn't take them long! Already been condemned as an act of hosility towards NI.

Notts

id like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony..... its the real thing... some people will know what im on about! its never going to happen

"Basically the EU have triggered article 16 of the agreement.

EU imposed hard border.

"

It's not a given though.

The EU didn't want it in the exit agreement and argued it wasn't necessary, but then wanted a possibility to contest if the UK used it.

Tin town

"id like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony..... its the real thing... some people will know what im on about! its never going to happen "

That's coca cola....

Bristol

EU imposed hard border.

It's not a given though.

The EU didn't want it in the exit agreement and argued it wasn't necessary, but then wanted a possibility to contest if the UK used it. "

I think the time will come when the U.K. invokes it

Didn't take them long! Already been condemned as an act of hosility towards NI. "

Well we know the EU has supported the unification. The part of the exit agreement in question allowed Ireland to know about change in military movements up north for whatever reasons.

It's interesting that within a matter of weeks some of these things have been shown for what they are. There will be many more.

I feel the EU will have pressure applied on them by outside and may back track a bit on this to save face.

Tin town

What would we do?"

That's a good point... When did they put the order in and pay? What were the agreed delivery schedules, has it been approved... Does the contract provide for "what if" scenarios? Are other vaccine providers experiencing delays? Are they going after them in the same way? Is there more to this than a delay in delivery of an unapproved vaccine?

Tin town

"Moderna have now warned of a 25% reduction in vaccine deliveries, again impacting on deliveries to the EU.

These vaccines are manufactured in central France, but are also using plants in Sweden and Spain for the "fill and finish" processes. "

Full and finish sounds like it should be on another thread entirely

Tin town

Take the brexit stuff to one side for a moment. This is shameful behaviour. And will be the first of 5 years of battles with Germany and France pushing people about.

We can work together but only if they show better diplomacy. EU vaccine policy has been shown to not work just yet. It's not in our interests for it to be a failure. Let's not forget that Behind all of this are people who need vaccinating. And let's not lose site of the fact many countries, France especially are very sceptical about vaccinations.

But a German leading the bully squad to bolster German vaccines which they've already stepped outside the eu agreement and ordered more independently is not a good look for the institution.

liverpool

What would we do?

That's a good point... When did they put the order in and pay? What were the agreed delivery schedules, has it been approved... Does the contract provide for "what if" scenarios? Are other vaccine providers experiencing delays? Are they going after them in the same way? Is there more to this than a delay in delivery of an unapproved vaccine? "

They published the agreement and certainly think the company has not come through.

Someone has certainly fucked it.

1 of the issues here is they have apparently funded several labs

Its v unseemly

Tin town

As a slight aside... Wasn't article 16 one of the things Boris wanted to have UK approval to vary and was taken to task over negotiating in bad faith? And defeated in the house?

What would we do?

That's a good point... When did they put the order in and pay? What were the agreed delivery schedules, has it been approved... Does the contract provide for "what if" scenarios? Are other vaccine providers experiencing delays? Are they going after them in the same way? Is there more to this than a delay in delivery of an unapproved vaccine? "

Grantham

"Take the brexit stuff to one side for a moment. This is shameful behaviour. And will be the first of 5 years of battles with Germany and France pushing people about.

We can work together but only if they show better diplomacy. EU vaccine policy has been shown to not work just yet. It's not in our interests for it to be a failure. Let's not forget that Behind all of this are people who need vaccinating. And let's not lose site of the fact many countries, France especially are very sceptical about vaccinations.

But a German leading the bully squad to bolster German vaccines which they've already stepped outside the eu agreement and ordered more independently is not a good look for the institution. "

A Dutch friend always said, that if the UK left the EU, then it would leave the rest at the mercy of the French and Germans!

Tin town

What would we do?

That's a good point... When did they put the order in and pay? What were the agreed delivery schedules, has it been approved... Does the contract provide for "what if" scenarios? Are other vaccine providers experiencing delays? Are they going after them in the same way? Is there more to this than a delay in delivery of an unapproved vaccine?

They published the agreement and certainly think the company has not come through.

Its v unseemly"

I imagine a few people have "fucked it" and I can't help feeling the ugly side of politics is behind the developments. If az (and other vaccine providers) could go faster they surely would. It seems all suppliers are encountering problems.

EU vaccine procurement has been shown to be at fault as well. So now they are using force to push themselves up the queue. Imagine if let's say... Teachers chose to push themselves up the priority list in the UK. There's only so much vaccine and taking out of one mouth to feed another is what is happening.

It's as you say.. Unseemly

"Take the brexit stuff to one side for a moment. This is shameful behaviour. And will be the first of 5 years of battles with Germany and France pushing people about.

But a German leading the bully squad to bolster German vaccines which they've already stepped outside the eu agreement and ordered more independently is not a good look for the institution. "

This will open up even more cracks inside the Bloc. You could like a fire by just blowing on it in there at the moment. I'm waiting to get leaks of what Macron and a few others have said about the procurement.

Tin town

But a German leading the bully squad to bolster German vaccines which they've already stepped outside the eu agreement and ordered more independently is not a good look for the institution.

This will open up even more cracks inside the Bloc. You could like a fire by just blowing on it in there at the moment. I'm waiting to get leaks of what Macron and a few others have said about the procurement. "

You can predict a media blitz on blaming the Brits... Which is bizarre as az are also Swedish. The issue is other vaccine supplies which we have ordered before anyone else come from Belgium amongst other eu countries. This is going to require skilful diplomacy to come out the other side and that's something we've already seen is extremely lacking.

What would we do?

Its v unseemly

I imagine a few people have "fucked it" and I can't help feeling the ugly side of politics is behind the developments. If az (and other vaccine providers) could go faster they surely would. It seems all suppliers are encountering problems.

EU vaccine procurement has been shown to be at fault as well. So now they are using force to push themselves up the queue. Imagine if let's say... Teachers chose to push themselves up the priority list in the UK. There's only so much vaccine and taking out of one mouth to feed another is what is happening.

It's as you say.. Unseemly"

The EU is trying to get more vaccine out of the mouth now by reducing the volume recommend by the manufacturers recommended from 5 doses to 6 from each vial, this has just been passed by the EU regulators, obviously extensive testing has been done on the effects of this previously and they've used that data to cover themselves

A number of home care workers were given 5x the dosage last weekend with the German role out of the vaccine. Obviously a simple mistake of giving the whole vial instead of using 5 doses as recommended from the manufacturers.

You couldn't make this up.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

What would we do?

Its v unseemly"

The EU's poor handling and basically cock up is being shown around the world. The WHO are even complaining about their behaviour and saying they are endangering the world. Now I see the EU are reneging on the brexit deal described by NI as an act of hostility. What's amazing is at the same time as saying they won't export to others they want the UK to export vaccine to them. I wonder what would have been said on here if it was the other way around