FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Any advice

Any advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Due to shortages of vaccines in my region, I am still no further in getting a date for vaccine, which is fine. But when I do get the vaccine, and going about my day, I could then catch and carry you know what still, just have lesser symptoms? (correct me if I'm wrong) but then as my family haven't had theirs as they aren't in any vulnerable groups or anything, I could potentially pass on to them and they may become very ill? How does, that in anyway make sense?

Has anyone or is anyone in similar situation? I've asked a few medical staff about it, and just get shrug of the shoulders or question dodge.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"Due to shortages of vaccines in my region, I am still no further in getting a date for vaccine, which is fine. But when I do get the vaccine, and going about my day, I could then catch and carry you know what still, just have lesser symptoms? (correct me if I'm wrong) but then as my family haven't had theirs as they aren't in any vulnerable groups or anything, I could potentially pass on to them and they may become very ill? How does, that in anyway make sense?

Has anyone or is anyone in similar situation? I've asked a few medical staff about it, and just get shrug of the shoulders or question dodge. "

When you have the vaccine you can’t go back to normal you still have to follow all the guidelines until enough people have been vaccinated to reduce the number of infections so yes you’re right you still need to protect others.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Am guessing once you're vaccinated you go about your day in the same way as you do now. It does not mean that it's all OK for vaccinated citizens to do whatever they wish again. Not yet anyway.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Due to shortages of vaccines in my region, I am still no further in getting a date for vaccine, which is fine. But when I do get the vaccine, and going about my day, I could then catch and carry you know what still, just have lesser symptoms? (correct me if I'm wrong) but then as my family haven't had theirs as they aren't in any vulnerable groups or anything, I could potentially pass on to them and they may become very ill? How does, that in anyway make sense?

Has anyone or is anyone in similar situation? I've asked a few medical staff about it, and just get shrug of the shoulders or question dodge. "

The vaccine won't stop it from still using you as a spreader of affecting you, it will fingers crossed help your immune system fight it more effectively and quicker but with each of us it's different for how long etc..

Even after having it when a person gets symptoms they need to self isolate to protect others..

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

If you catch the virus it will be at least 14 days before your own immunity kicks in to it's highest level.

Any time during and after you can still catch the virus. Your own immunity level will depend on where you are in the minimum 14 period.

Even after 14 days you can catch it, but your body will be better prepared to fight it.

At any time, you can pass it to other people.

Most importantly of all - even if you are completely immune you can still pass the virus on by carrying it on your hand etc etc.

Okay, I maybe should of stated in original post that I'm a health care/support worker, so at fair risk of catching anyways. (touch wood) getting tested twice a week.

Also, when said in original post, I meant staying at home between work, dog walking and the very odd trip to the shop

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 26/01/21 11:49:03]

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"Also, when said in original post, I meant staying at home between work, dog walking and the very odd trip to the shop "

Vaccination changes nothing immediately. You continue to do the same as you are doing now.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The targeted vulnerable groups are most likely to get the most serious illnesses or die from the virus infection.

As we can't vaccinate everyone immediately, it makes sense to have those most at risk done first, surely? If you can't do everyone immediately, doing it any other way is not going to cut hospital loads quickly and to the same extent, nor save as many people from getting towards or meeting death.

It does mean that everyone will still need to take precautions to help to prevent themselves and others getting infected. People who the vaccinated mingle with have to wait their turn, by priority level.

Your infection levels if you catch it should be more manageable but you and others are at risk. If you or others are unable to further reduce risk levels, then it's just a case of having to accept the reality of the situation. Isolate to the greatest extent and take maximum precautions to reduce your potential for catching or spreading it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The Isn't aimed at stopping spread all though that could be possible but we just don't know yet.

Catching covid isn't necessarily a problem, Getting seriously sick to the point that you need hospital treatment is a problem therefore they are vaccinating those most likely to get seriously ill.

I appreciate the answers, and I know that the vaccine isn't intended to stop the spread as such. I would be carrying on as I have been regardless. Was just a wondering, as person's I've asked irl couldn't give an answer

» Add a new message to this topic