FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > At risk sectors

At risk sectors

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

According to the ons data cabbies have a point about being pushed up the priority list.

Covid: Teachers 'not at higher risk' of death than average https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55795608

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

All the key workers have a point of being pushed up the list as they are having to leave home to work

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Unpaid carers have been included in group 6 now. They are recommending that you make sure your doctor knows your an unpaid carer as then you will be called for your vaccine in mid feb

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Unpaid carers have been included in group 6 now. They are recommending that you make sure your doctor knows your an unpaid carer as then you will be called for your vaccine in mid feb"

Yes you have to be registered at your doctor's surgery as a home carer.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Unpaid carers have been included in group 6 now. They are recommending that you make sure your doctor knows your an unpaid carer as then you will be called for your vaccine in mid feb"

Cali, thank you so much for that. I am a carer for 2 family members. I have just phoned my surgery and I wasn't registered as a carer..she told me we are prioritised in Group 6 and shouldn't be too long for an appointment! Xx

chelmsford

"Unpaid carers have been included in group 6 now. They are recommending that you make sure your doctor knows your an unpaid carer as then you will be called for your vaccine in mid feb

Yes you have to be registered at your doctor's surgery as a home carer.

"

"Unpaid carers have been included in group 6 now. They are recommending that you make sure your doctor knows your an unpaid carer as then you will be called for your vaccine in mid feb

Cali, thank you so much for that. I am a carer for 2 family members. I have just phoned my surgery and I wasn't registered as a carer..she told me we are prioritised in Group 6 and shouldn't be too long for an appointment! Xx"

chelmsford

Cali, thank you so much for that. I am a carer for 2 family members. I have just phoned my surgery and I wasn't registered as a carer..she told me we are prioritised in Group 6 and shouldn't be too long for an appointment! Xx

"

Cali, thank you so much for that. I am a carer for 2 family members. I have just phoned my surgery and I wasn't registered as a carer..she told me we are prioritised in Group 6 and shouldn't be too long for an appointment! Xx"

its not a problem. I saw it in a news letter from the carers association and thought it worth sharing. X

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Anyone who cannot work from home is an at risk group particularly if your a manual worker.

Basically anyone in management should be at the back of the queue.

chelmsford

Cali, thank you so much for that. I am a carer for 2 family members. I have just phoned my surgery and I wasn't registered as a carer..she told me we are prioritised in Group 6 and shouldn't be too long for an appointment! Xx its not a problem. I saw it in a news letter from the carers association and thought it worth sharing. X"

I've been doing some reading and I think it was CarerUK that are suggesting the carer gets jabbed at the same time as the person they care for. I've already taken one and I'm taking the other one late on Thursday, I'm going to see if they've got any leftovers so I can get mine, if not, it will be the third time I will have been to the medical centre x

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

"Anyone who cannot work from home is an at risk group particularly if your a manual worker.

Basically anyone in management should be at the back of the queue. "

Heyy we’re not all bad and hiding at home haha xx

Cali, thank you so much for that. I am a carer for 2 family members. I have just phoned my surgery and I wasn't registered as a carer..she told me we are prioritised in Group 6 and shouldn't be too long for an appointment! Xx its not a problem. I saw it in a news letter from the carers association and thought it worth sharing. X

I've been doing some reading and I think it was CarerUK that are suggesting the carer gets jabbed at the same time as the person they care for. I've already taken one and I'm taking the other one late on Thursday, I'm going to see if they've got any leftovers so I can get mine, if not, it will be the third time I will have been to the medical centre x"

no its actually now been made official that unpaid carers will get them.. I dont keep the newsletter in my emails... I am waiting on my daughters appointment

chelmsford

Cali, thank you so much for that. I am a carer for 2 family members. I have just phoned my surgery and I wasn't registered as a carer..she told me we are prioritised in Group 6 and shouldn't be too long for an appointment! Xx its not a problem. I saw it in a news letter from the carers association and thought it worth sharing. X

I've been doing some reading and I think it was CarerUK that are suggesting the carer gets jabbed at the same time as the person they care for. I've already taken one and I'm taking the other one late on Thursday, I'm going to see if they've got any leftovers so I can get mine, if not, it will be the third time I will have been to the medical centre x no its actually now been made official that unpaid carers will get them.. I dont keep the newsletter in my emails... I am waiting on my daughters appointment "

Thanks Cali x

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I was looking at graphs for teachers, TAs & special needs teachers..all above average... using Dfe data.

"Anyone who cannot work from home is an at risk group particularly if your a manual worker.

Basically anyone in management should be at the back of the queue. "

So what about ‘managers’ who work up and down the country 16 hours a day, pulling their arse out and trying their hardest in a cutthroat industry where there is zero empathy for the situation, so that they can maintain enough revenue to keep there staff employed through the entire period. ‘Managers’ who are literally on their fucking knees with stress at the end of each week because construction is considered essential, yet is not equipped or set up to deal with the crisis, contractually or physically. My husband is one, and his firm have paid all their staff 100% throughout, despite it rinsing their life savings.

God, arbitrary statements like this piss me off

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I was looking at graphs for teachers, TAs & special needs teachers..all above average... using Dfe data."

I thought they said today they were low risk?

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"I was looking at graphs for teachers, TAs & special needs teachers..all above average... using Dfe data.

I thought they said today they were low risk?"

It depends above average to whom, to people working from home maybe.

Birmingham

"I was looking at graphs for teachers, TAs & special needs teachers..all above average... using Dfe data.

I thought they said today they were low risk?"

That’s why I brought it up, the stats I was looking at said very different outcomes.

The problem is almost every person can give a reason as to why the group they are in should be a priority.

I think at the moment a priority groups are about right because even if someone that's 50 doesn't consider themselves to be more at risk than someone who's 46 but works in a supermarket, there is a reason the government has put this priority in place.

Birmingham

Just looked at figures & how they were arrived at, some extrapolation & a little

Creative accounting & assumptions made to maybe inflate the rate of infection..not a statistician so no idea how it skews the data. Anecdotally I know few teachers who haven’t had Covid.

So when it suits your argument the ons produce accurate statistics, when it doesn’t they use creative accounting.

You’ve got to love the fab forums.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Watch the priority lists change soon.

Birmingham

"So when it suits your argument the ons produce accurate statistics, when it doesn’t they use creative accounting.

You’ve got to love the fab forums."

Not what I said if you took a bit of time and saw & read my posts you would see I was discussing someone posted that infection rates were similar amongst teachers, I had earlier seen something that hugely contradicted that so I researched the source material to find out how the discrepancy arose. The teachers union took Dfe figures & extrapolated them. Personally & anecdotally I believe infection rates are higher in schools, but the way the figures have been used sort of looks like creative accounting has been used which tends to undermine the findings whatever your viewpoint. That’s what I meant.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Wow a really good post doing good on this form if it only helps one person and possibly save a life I'm all for it well done OP

chelmsford

Wow a really good post doing good on this form if it only helps one person and possibly save a life I'm all for it well done OP "

This is when the forums are good, people helping each other

» Add a new message to this topic