FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Novavax vaccine

Novavax vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Found to be particularly effective against the new strain of the virus. Manufactured in the North East and 60 million doses already ordered by the government.

Nice one Boris

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Why did you choose to put this in the politics rather than virus forum ?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Why did you choose to put this in the politics rather than virus forum ? "

So he can pay homage to boris

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Why did you choose to put this in the politics rather than virus forum ? "

Because he likes trolling.

I didn’t know Bojo was a scientist btw. I don’t know why he should be thanked for this although I understand why the cheerleaders’ gussets are all humid

Well done to the scientists involved. Good news.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Found to be particularly effective against the new strain of the virus. Manufactured in the North East and 60 million doses already ordered by the government.

Nice one Boris "

Credit where it’s due they got the orders in early.

Leeds

So did Boris invent this vaccine ?

[Removed by poster at 28/01/21 22:25:52]

And now the killer question whose response by silverthorn is going to provoke hundreds of giggles: why should Bojo be given credit for the vaccine and not held responsible for the 103 000 deaths?

The popcorn is ready. Get ready for your stomachs to hurt.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"So did Boris invent this vaccine ?"

It's not his fault, its been a catastrophe.

But he takes credit for creating a vaccine.

You can see where is this going when it's all over.

If anyone deserves credit,its the people organising the vaccine roll out.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I did one about the novavax in the virus forum, perhaps the mods can review and delete one of the threads as they deem appropriate please?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

60 million dose but did I read that they won't be ready until the end of the year??

Leeds

There are 67 million adults in UK who will all be offered two doses. Have we ordered too much ? 60 million Novovax, 17 million Moderna, 40 million Pfizer and 100 million Oxford-AstroZenica ?

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"There are 67 million adults in UK who will all be offered two doses. Have we ordered too much ? 60 million Novovax, 17 million Moderna, 40 million Pfizer and 100 million Oxford-AstroZenica ? "

Actually there's 67 million people, not adults, there's about 52 million adults. So 217 million doses does seem somewhat excessive on the face of it, but when you factor in people needing at least 2 doses, wastage from spoilt vaccines and then the very real possibility of the vaccine wearing off and needing to start from scratch again, we will probably need even more than the 217 million.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"There are 67 million adults in UK who will all be offered two doses. Have we ordered too much ? 60 million Novovax, 17 million Moderna, 40 million Pfizer and 100 million Oxford-AstroZenica ? "

Not if immunity doesn't last long and we need boosters.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Would rather be looking at it to sell then looking for it. EU is short ad a euro to a dose and sell it on.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"60 million dose but did I read that they won't be ready until the end of the year?? "

Probably be ready for next year’s ongoing vaccination

"There are 67 million adults in UK who will all be offered two doses. Have we ordered too much ? 60 million Novovax, 17 million Moderna, 40 million Pfizer and 100 million Oxford-AstroZenica ?

Would rather be looking at it to sell then looking for it. EU is short ad a euro to a dose and sell it on. "

I would rather see excess doses going to third world countries. They can't afford to vaccinate like more wealthy countries can. Morally we should help them, plus if Covid isn't dealt with in those countries the pandemic can't end worldwide. The EU are perfectly capable of sorting out their vaccine supplies themselves.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"There are 67 million adults in UK who will all be offered two doses. Have we ordered too much ? 60 million Novovax, 17 million Moderna, 40 million Pfizer and 100 million Oxford-AstroZenica ?

Would rather be looking at it to sell then looking for it. EU is short ad a euro to a dose and sell it on.

I would rather see excess doses going to third world countries. They can't afford to vaccinate like more wealthy countries can. Morally we should help them, plus if Covid isn't dealt with in those countries the pandemic can't end worldwide. The EU are perfectly capable of sorting out their vaccine supplies themselves. "

I would rather see the vaccines going to countries with the highest cases and deaths

I would rather see excess doses going to third world countries. They can't afford to vaccinate like more wealthy countries can. Morally we should help them, plus if Covid isn't dealt with in those countries the pandemic can't end worldwide. The EU are perfectly capable of sorting out their vaccine supplies themselves. "

Actually I saw a really interesting news report a few weeks ago.

It was about how actually the richest countries and the poorest are not faring too badly regarding getting hold of the vaccine.

The richest countries can obviously afford their own and the poorest countries are getting a lot of help and support.

It's the middle income countries that seem to be struggling the most.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Or it is forward thinking if this turns into an annual vaccine. Too many unknowns still to be answered.

I also see it that if we have ordered way to many, they will use this surplus to assist the poorer countries under the covax agreement

Leeds

Some of the poorest countries only have 25 vaccines between them. Seems very unfair for us to be stockpiling.

On a mooch

"Some of the poorest countries only have 25 vaccines between them. Seems very unfair for us to be stockpiling. "

I agree that is where the covax group agreement is supposed to kick in

Leeds

Unbelievable that a Wisconsin pharmacist destroyed over 500 doses of Moderna as he doesn't believe in vaccines

By *emmabTV/TS  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I heard yesterday that someone has set up a system in that when you get a vaccination you donate the cost of the Vaccine and then the money to go towards paying for vaccine going to low and middle income counties.

We are a rich country and most of us can afford the £20 it cost on average for a vaccine. We are lucky to have the NHS which is providing these vaccine for free at the point of use.

Silly Sally.....when the orders were placed we/Boris/Scientists didnt know which, if any, of the vaccines would come through. It's called hedging your bets.....thank god we did.....pity Europe didn't or we wouldn't be having the curent argument....

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Silly Sally.....when the orders were placed we/Boris/Scientists didnt know which, if any, of the vaccines would come through. It's called hedging your bets.....thank god we did.....pity Europe didn't or we wouldn't be having the curent argument...."

Exactly, the UK backed them and got orders in straight away. It could have been an expensive mistake but worked out well. To be manufactured in the UK of course and can be stored in a fridge

By *uriousTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

They sort of did the first one by finding AstraZeneca, and buying it 3m before Europe, and approving it, and doing 7 MILLION jabs in 6 weeks before Europe got started... that seems pretty good to be fair

"Found to be particularly effective against the new strain of the virus. Manufactured in the North East and 60 million doses already ordered by the government.

Nice one Boris

Credit where it’s due they got the orders in early. "

This.

If they had got it wrong and not ordered any Virus would be blamed, if the roll out was like the EU one he would be blamed so. Well done Boris for getting the orders in. Some very sad people around.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

He helped by his support and backing for the Oxford Astra Zenica vaccine.

It is why we are doing well in getting vaccine and rolling them out

There seems a lot of people who just wish Boris to fail simply for their own pride to say I told you so or simply because they're carrying a chip. I'm guessing the same would then be happy for the economy to fail.

It looks like the vaccine roll out and procurement of vaccines ahead of others might enable the UK economy to kick in earlier. This will be a good thing even for those who keep moaning about him and the government. Maybe praise where it's due or maybe it's too much to ask for some.

On a mooch

"There seems a lot of people who just wish Boris to fail simply for their own pride to say I told you so or simply because they're carrying a chip. I'm guessing the same would then be happy for the economy to fail.

It looks like the vaccine roll out and procurement of vaccines ahead of others might enable the UK economy to kick in earlier. This will be a good thing even for those who keep moaning about him and the government. Maybe praise where it's due or maybe it's too much to ask for some."

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"There seems a lot of people who just wish Boris to fail simply for their own pride to say I told you so or simply because they're carrying a chip. I'm guessing the same would then be happy for the economy to fail.

It looks like the vaccine roll out and procurement of vaccines ahead of others might enable the UK economy to kick in earlier. This will be a good thing even for those who keep moaning about him and the government. Maybe praise where it's due or maybe it's too much to ask for some."

They will never do that the hate is too far ingrained,but i do agree we could have a head start when it comes to bouncing back.

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

I would rather see excess doses going to third world countries. They can't afford to vaccinate like more wealthy countries can. Morally we should help them, plus if Covid isn't dealt with in those countries the pandemic can't end worldwide. The EU are perfectly capable of sorting out their vaccine supplies themselves.

I would rather see the vaccines going to countries with the highest cases and deaths"

That's us then

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I would rather see the vaccines going to countries with the highest cases and deaths

That's us then "

Portugal.

Let's help our European neighbours

» Add a new message to this topic