FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Who’s had a vaccine?

Who’s had a vaccine?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *astminfun2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

bromley

I’m due to have vaccine this weekend (Pfizer) I am in the vulnerable category I’m keen to get this but can’t help being a little worried .

So who’s had the vaccine ? What’s was your symptoms

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/01/21 02:27:28]

It isn't anything to worry about.

I know several people who have one and in some cases both doses and none had any issues except a mildly sore arm for a day or two and one said they had a headache the next day.

Can I ask how you already know which one you are having? I didn't think you found out till the day.

(Just curious)

By *aulj69Man  over a year ago

dunstable

I'm off to my surgery 9.20 this morn for the Astra Zeneca vaxx. I'll let you all know xx

By *unnyPairCouple  over a year ago

Seminole

Both doses, both of us, no problem

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"It isn't anything to worry about.

I know several people who have one and in some cases both doses and none had any issues except a mildly sore arm for a day or two and one said they had a headache the next day.

Can I ask how you already know which one you are having? I didn't think you found out till the day.

(Just curious)

"

I believe at appointment booking time they'll know what supplies are kept at the designated vaccine clinic where people are going to receive this

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/leaflets-and-accessible-formats/coronavirus-vaccine-leaflets?gclid=Cj0KCQiA3smABhCjARIsAKtrg6KX-NCnbto9DSKZ8EIDdEwi0DVpnjHhcXBrIe8Giklb4Q4vAWn8V2caAqQGEALw_wcB

You can get leaflets on the specific vaccines here.

It says the possible side effects.

(Just curious)

"

I asked, out of interest, which one I would be having when I booked my appointment and they told me it would be the Pfizer one

I had mine 2 weeks ago OP, I felt a bit off for a day or 2 and arm was a bit sore but I was fine. Nothing to worry about

By *eresa_cdslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Bodmin

I had Pfizer two weeks ago absolutely no untoward reaction whatsoever. The NHS were super efficient no waiting prior, I did arrive precisely on time,the nurse checks your history then small prick and its done, you have to wait 15 minutes to make sure you dont have an adverse reaction, it will be at least another week before I have any immunity. My behaviour will not change, i will continue with my policy of not meeting, I have been shielded for a year now and have lost too many family and friends stay safe and get vaccinated everybody xx

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Our eldest. They were pretty ill fit two days and also had issues lifting their arm, again for two days, was fine on the third day. They had the Pfizer vaccine.

The Mrs and none.

By *ldhillhotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Old Hill

Me and Hubby about 4 weeks ago.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I had the Pfizer vaccine. No problems at all. Some friends of mine have had both and felt a bit under the weather for a day after their second one but nothing serious.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

I had Pfizer one. Arm really sore for about 36hrs and felt bit tired but that was it. They will give you a leaflet and explain possible side effects during your appointment

By *ildbillkidMan  over a year ago

where the road goes on forever

Got the second one yesterday, arms a little red and sore, first one almost a month ago , sore arm and a fever

By *ffanotdykeCouple  over a year ago

Salop

Had my first of the Pfeiser vaccine on 22nd Dec No problems at all apart from a very slight soreness for 24 hours. Was due to have the second a fortnight ago but this has now been delayed until 11th Mar so that more people can get the first.

From what I understand you cant mix the three variants.

By *rMrsB.Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

Pfizer is known to have slightly more side effects reported that Astra Zeneca. I had Pfizer with no concerns just a achey arm for around 24 hours. I administer the vaccine and we know which unit holds which vaccination so you should be able to find out when booking. The whole process should be straight forward for you. You’ll be given a leaflet with all possible side effects and of course if persistent or concerning you can contact 111 xx

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Yes I've had both my jabs which were the pfizer. First one just had a bit of a sore arm for 24 hours. Second one they told us could hit a bit harder and it did but just was really tired and a wee bit of a headache the next day and a sore arm. Apart from that nothing. Quite a lot of us had the jabs and that was all we experienced after. So really no need to be worried.

By *evilandTheBeastCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough and Bedford

Devil had first dose of hers just over a week ago, Pfizer vaccine. No side effects apart from slightly sore arm the next night, when lying on it.

They do suggest having your vaccine in your non-dominant arm, just in case it gets sore.

Pfizer jab end of dec

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

2 family members have had the Astrazenaca, first dose with no after effects.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Dad and Stepmum. Both had no issues aside from a short sharp prick.

Got mine this Sunday nervous

(Just curious)

I believe at appointment booking time they'll know what supplies are kept at the designated vaccine clinic where people are going to receive this "

Thank you, I was interested.

(Just curious)

I asked, out of interest, which one I would be having when I booked my appointment and they told me it would be the Pfizer one "

I had the Oxford one, flu like symptoms afterwards.. hot sweats/chills, aching body and headache. Still not feeling great few days later but doctor says its normal. People I know have had the Pfizer one and had barely any side effects. All our bodies will react differently, so try not too worry

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

I had Pfizer.

Felt a bit like a head cold for 24 hours, headaches, pressure behind eyes, sinus pain, but about 12 hours after I had the vaccine.

Arm ached badly for 3 days

But the above was the symptoms I had when I had covid which they do say if you’ve had it before you might get similar symptoms. I didn’t get the cough back or anything.

As quick as it all started I woke up on the morning and everything was normal again. I’ll be going back for the top up and wouldn’t put anyone off x

By *angbangFantasyWoman  over a year ago

London

Had the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. Didn't feel anything initially but at the end of the day my arm was so sore. 2 days later it was fine.

By *ovissime acutamMan  over a year ago

Oxford

I’ve had both doses of Pfizer, a slight headache and a dull ache in the deltoid accompanied the first. The second was comparatively worse; rigors, fatigue and again a headache.

The side effects and their severity differ from person to person, some colleagues needed the next day off to recuperate, others did not.

By *uncouple0512Couple  over a year ago

wakefield

I had the Pfizer Vaccine first inoculation 7 days ago, had zero side effects......so looking good for everyone!!

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

Had the first one, absolutely no side effects.

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Had both

Little poorly for day after and sore arm but thats it .k

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

"Dad and Stepmum. Both had no issues aside from a short sharp prick. "

Aww you may be short but I'm sure they still love you

North Bucks

"Dad and Stepmum. Both had no issues aside from a short sharp prick.

Aww you may be short but I'm sure they still love you "

If my Dad swore he would probably call me worse than a prick.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Had first one 10days before Xmas but no idea when i will get 2nd.

I'm due mine soon. Paperwork has been sent in by the company I work for. I'm worried I won't be allowed it as I'm still recovering from covid

"I’m due to have vaccine this weekend (Pfizer) I am in the vulnerable category I’m keen to get this but can’t help being a little worried .

So who’s had the vaccine ? What’s was your symptoms "

had my first dose a week ago ..pfizer vaccine..went ok..sore arm a bit of a headache..nothing major..glad to have it..Good luck and u be ok x

"I'm due mine soon. Paperwork has been sent in by the company I work for. I'm worried I won't be allowed it as I'm still recovering from covid "

I think you can't have had a positive test within the last 28 days to get the vaccine

"I'm due mine soon. Paperwork has been sent in by the company I work for. I'm worried I won't be allowed it as I'm still recovering from covid

I think you can't have had a positive test within the last 28 days to get the vaccine"

I asked my GP about this as we had tested positive at Christmas.

She said if you get your invite before 28 days go anyway (as long as you don't have symptoms or have been told to isolate) and tell them because she said it seems to depend on what vaccine you are offered.

So my advice is anybody but gets the invite book and then tell them when you get to the centre.

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

"I'm due mine soon. Paperwork has been sent in by the company I work for. I'm worried I won't be allowed it as I'm still recovering from covid

I think you can't have had a positive test within the last 28 days to get the vaccine

She said if you get your invite before 28 days go anyway (as long as you don't have symptoms or have been told to isolate) and tell them because she said it seems to depend on what vaccine you are offered.

So my advice is anybody but gets the invite book and then tell them when you get to the centre."

Makes sense!

I’m sure I wasn’t even asked... they just asked if I had had the flu jab 2 weeks prior x

By *andsomellMan  over a year ago

Wembley

Had my first vaccine 4 days ago,the Oxford one no side effects,looking forward to the 2nd dose ,and then I'm ready,all my pubes have grown,should I shave or just let it grow,let me know please.

So my advice is anybody but gets the invite book and then tell them when you get to the centre.

Makes sense!

I’m sure I wasn’t even asked... they just asked if I had had the flu jab 2 weeks prior x"

No my partner wasn't on Wednesday but told them anyway and they said it was fine.

I think they just don't want people to turn up if they have covid.

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

My Dad is 81 and had his second Pfizer jab a couple of weeks ago... no adverse reactions from either of them

I was told after the first , the second would be within 30 days

By *mnipotent_BehemothMan  over a year ago

near Merry Hill shopping centre

A lot of us have had different experiences at work (NHS)

Quite a lot have had a slight headache about an hour after having it for about an hour

About half have a dead arm affect the next day

About a half feel a bit off

About a third feel like you had a night on the booze the day before

About a third feel nothing!

Best advice is take a couple of paracetamol after and in fact I think our vaccination centre we’re giving them out

F has had her first Pfizer dose - the side effects were a sore arm and jet lag type fatigue for 2 days. Well worth it!

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

I'm in for the Pfizer injection on Monday, will let you know if I have any side affects

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've had the first part of the vaccine today... only had it a few hours ago and have a warm arm... that's it.

I had the AstraZeneca vaccine

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

I have decided against it.

I have mine tomorrow at my GPs surgery. I'm having the astrazenica vaccine, when they phoned me to book my appointment i asked which i'm having

"I have mine tomorrow at my GPs surgery. I'm having the astrazenica vaccine, when they phoned me to book my appointment i asked which i'm having "

AstraZeneca *

"I’m due to have vaccine this weekend (Pfizer) I am in the vulnerable category I’m keen to get this but can’t help being a little worried .

My mum and her friends have all had it.. No problems at all

By *inkyfun2013Couple  over a year ago

lewisham

2 weeks ago I arranged for all of my permanent staff to get our jabs on the same day - 12 of us had the Pfizer and we all had a slightly achey arm after 6 hrs or so that went away by the next day. 6 of my part-timers /casuals got theirs today and no adverse reactions reported. We're all booked in for round 2 at the start of April but apparently may get called in sooner.

No matter if there are a few side-effects, I believe everyone should get it. (Mrs K)

I had mine this morning

By *oojCouple  over a year ago

exeter

Herself had hers 2 weeks ago as front line NHS

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

My parents have had theirs and that was my main concern both in late 70's I wait my turn for mine as i have already had covid.

John

By *astminfun2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

bromley

Just a update ,

Had the vaccine , the worse part was waiting 15 minute after and how crowded the place was , not used to that after a long time staying away from crowded areas .

Sitting in the crowded waiting area waiting for tyre 15 minutes to pass Started thinking am I dizzy etc ,Did not do any help for my anxiety levels .

After time up got up went and grabbed some food felt little better and drove home

Got very slight ache in injection site 4 to six hours later slight headache on top of head went with painkillers . Arm ache still slightly there This morning and can’t help but wondering if I’ll get any effects and thinking of I caught covid whilst having the jab would the jab make it worse lol .

So far the side effects are very virtually non existent but my mental effects are as normal ebb and flow

By *elinecdTV/TS  over a year ago

Nr Blackburn

Due to the work I am currently doing I managed to get an early vaccine, I had the Oxford 8 days ago and have had zero side effects, I didnt even feel the needle going in.

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

Had my first Pfizer at the clinic this morning, all my staff are having their second jabs today, not much adverse reactions to report.

We have been vaccinating since before Xmas, mild flu like symptoms for 12-36 hours is the worst that has been reported thus far.

"Just a update ,

Had the vaccine , the worse part was waiting 15 minute after and how crowded the place was , not used to that after a long time staying away from crowded areas .

Sitting in the crowded waiting area waiting for tyre 15 minutes to pass Started thinking am I dizzy etc ,Did not do any help for my anxiety levels .

After time up got up went and grabbed some food felt little better and drove home

Got very slight ache in injection site 4 to six hours later slight headache on top of head went with painkillers . Arm ache still slightly there This morning and can’t help but wondering if I’ll get any effects and thinking of I caught covid whilst having the jab would the jab make it worse lol .

So far the side effects are very virtually non existent but my mental effects are as normal ebb and flow

"

I had mine yesterday and it was very well organised, no one had to wait 15 mins after having it though, just told not to drive for 15 mins, i just walked home.

Had mine today not suffering at all

Was well organised was in having the jab within 5 mins and after waiting 15 mins walked home

Also my 2nd jab info was on my card excatly 12 weeks

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

had mine Thursday morning by friday afternoon i felt like i had the flu but was fine 24 hours after that.well worth it.

somewhere, someplace

Had the Pfizer one this morning and apart from a warm arm and a bit tender at the injection site so far so good

somewhere, someplace

I was also given the advice to take paracetamol for the next 48 hours to stave off any side affects

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The people I help report no - minimal side effects from AZ and sore to very sore arm for 2-3 days with Pfizer.

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

In my area they are now working on the over 75s...Can anyone tell me how much notice you get for the appointment?

Thank you.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

can't get it

Im on annual leave now so ill probably take it after i come back to work

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

Having my first one this Wednesday afternoon

doncaster

"In my area they are now working on the over 75s...Can anyone tell me how much notice you get for the appointment?

Thank you.

"

I got a text from my gp surgery at lunchtime today , clicked on the link and only day was this Wednesday but could pick the time from those still available , hope this helps

Bristol

"In my area they are now working on the over 75s...Can anyone tell me how much notice you get for the appointment?

Thank you.

I got a text from my gp surgery at lunchtime today , clicked on the link and only day was this Wednesday but could pick the time from those still available , hope this helps "

It does, many thanks

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

My neighbour got a text 9am Saturday asking him to come 12.30. My parents got 2 days notice.

"My neighbour got a text 9am Saturday asking him to come 12.30. My parents got 2 days notice. "

Yes it definitely seems to be happening quickly. Most of the people I know got a text or call and an appointment the next day.

I got a message to ring up for an appointment and was given one for 8 days later

On Sunday we had people that had rang up and got same day appointments. And there are more and more centres opening all the time x

"I got a message to ring up for an appointment and was given one for 8 days later"

It does seem to depend on where you live and what is available locally.

We had the moderna, probaly misspelled

chelmsford

"We had the moderna, probaly misspelled"

Spelt perfectly, Bill

chelmsford

"I got a message to ring up for an appointment and was given one for 8 days later

It does seem to depend on where you live and what is available locally. "

It does Lorna

By *elinecdTV/TS  over a year ago

Nr Blackburn

"Just a update ,

I had mine yesterday and it was very well organised, no one had to wait 15 mins after having it though, just told not to drive for 15 mins, i just walked home."

Its only the Pfizer were you have to wait 15 minutes, Oxford is dont drive for 15 minutes

doncaster

"We had the moderna, probaly misspelled

Spelt perfectly, Bill "

how are you doing ? Saw that you had a health scare , hope ur well XX

Spelt perfectly, Bill how are you doing ? Saw that you had a health scare , hope ur well XX "

all good now, thank you

chelmsford

Spelt perfectly, Bill how are you doing ? Saw that you had a health scare , hope ur well XX "

Hi lovely, if that was for me, yes heart attack was suspected, but bloods and xrays proved it wasn't. It appears it was inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage, it felt like a heart attack!

chelmsford

Spelt perfectly, Bill how are you doing ? Saw that you had a health scare , hope ur well XX all good now, thank you "

xx

doncaster

Spelt perfectly, Bill how are you doing ? Saw that you had a health scare , hope ur well XX

Hi lovely, if that was for me, yes heart attack was suspected, but bloods and xrays proved it wasn't. It appears it was inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage, it felt like a heart attack!"

yes it was for you , I'm pleased it was nothing sinister sweet X

By *azkinsWoman  over a year ago

leeds

I had mine christmas eve. Sore arm for a couple of days. That's all.

Had first dose 3 weeks ago.. bit tired and slight headache and bit of a sore arm but happy to get it

2nd dose booked

chelmsford

Spelt perfectly, Bill how are you doing ? Saw that you had a health scare , hope ur well XX

Hi lovely, if that was for me, yes heart attack was suspected, but bloods and xrays proved it wasn't. It appears it was inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage, it felt like a heart attack!yes it was for you , I'm pleased it was nothing sinister sweet X "

Thank you lovely x

By *tudiousPipWoman  over a year ago

W Yorks

Had my Pfizer one in Jan. No side effects. Just need the second one now!

Just reading this thread it’s making me feel queasy i hate needles.

By *lay2018Couple  over a year ago

westmeath & roscommon.

What is going to happen to those who refuse to take it or refuse to let there kids take it either.

Leeds

"What is going to happen to those who refuse to take it or refuse to let there kids take it either. "

It isn't being offered to kids

Had mine. Painless. Hardly noticed it being done.

Had a dead arm for a couple of days but that's it. There really is nothing to worry about. If you get offered it, go for it!

S x

Bristol

"What is going to happen to those who refuse to take it or refuse to let there kids take it either. "

What do you think should happen??

Thank you.

"

I had a phone call from my GP on thursday and given an appointment for the vaccine on saturday.

My in laws, who are about 4 miles away were given about 10 days notice for theirs.

"Just a update ,

I had mine yesterday and it was very well organised, no one had to wait 15 mins after having it though, just told not to drive for 15 mins, i just walked home.

Its only the Pfizer were you have to wait 15 minutes, Oxford is dont drive for 15 minutes"

Ah, thank you

. Er ???? They run a higher risk of being infected than those who take the vaccine. Surely ??????

Nearly had it twice was left over available, the nurses asking if we wanted one managed to get in there, but both times someone higher priority got in first

Should hopefully get it soon though, sod the side effects, just stick it in me (the vaccine that is, not some pegging dildo )

First one tomorrow for me

Leeds

"Nearly had it twice was left over available, the nurses asking if we wanted one managed to get in there, but both times someone higher priority got in first

"

Those pensioners certainly can sprint fast !

By *andy2123Couple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Is it just us, or are the government telling lies again, we are both over 60,hubby has just had a kidney removed because of cancer 2 weeks ago, I have copd, yet I keep seeing and hearing about people much younger and not on the vulnerable list like us getting it. But we have heard nothing.???

Leeds

The younger people getting it are frontline NHS staff and carers

Portsmouth

Is it just us, or are the government telling lies again, we are both over 60,hubby has just had a kidney removed because of cancer 2 weeks ago, I have copd, yet I keep seeing and hearing about people much younger and not on the vulnerable list like us getting it. But we have heard nothing.???

"Is it just us, or are the government telling lies again, we are both over 60,hubby has just had a kidney removed because of cancer 2 weeks ago, I have copd, yet I keep seeing and hearing about people much younger and not on the vulnerable list like us getting it. But we have heard nothing.??? "

Did either of you ever get the CEV letters?

Portsmouth

"The younger people getting it are frontline NHS staff and carers"

Not all of them who say they have had it.

Portsmouth

"Is it just us, or are the government telling lies again, we are both over 60,hubby has just had a kidney removed because of cancer 2 weeks ago, I have copd, yet I keep seeing and hearing about people much younger and not on the vulnerable list like us getting it. But we have heard nothing.???

Did either of you ever get the CEV letters?"

Not that I remember

I got some light cold symptoms for a couple of days xx

"Is it just us, or are the government telling lies again, we are both over 60,hubby has just had a kidney removed because of cancer 2 weeks ago, I have copd, yet I keep seeing and hearing about people much younger and not on the vulnerable list like us getting it. But we have heard nothing.???

Did either of you ever get the CEV letters?

Not that I remember "

Well that will be a factor in it...and as been said at lot of the younger people will be carers

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"The younger people getting it are frontline NHS staff and carers

Not all of them who say they have had it. "

how do you know everyone's job?

Portsmouth

"The younger people getting it are frontline NHS staff and carers

Not all of them who say they have had it. how do you know everyone's job?"

I don't, but I do know some people who have had it, and are younger and not on the vulnerable list. But do live in a different area.

"Is it just us, or are the government telling lies again, we are both over 60,hubby has just had a kidney removed because of cancer 2 weeks ago, I have copd, yet I keep seeing and hearing about people much younger and not on the vulnerable list like us getting it. But we have heard nothing.??? "

The ones I know are at work, frontline staff, I’m support so I don’t really get it yet, but sometimes there is left overs from people that have not turned up, or the have had to open another pack (the vaccine comes bulk, with so many shots in a pack, if it’s say 20 in a pack and they have 30 people to vaccinate, then sometimes means ten left over). They are usually good at working it out but it happens.

They ask around the wards and for support staff if they want a left over, which then is given a separate priority, first time was a older gentleman on day ward, who beat me too it, second was engineer on site who was older, but not drastically older, they try and fit it in line with the priority, but keep trying to be in the right place at the right time. This is the last week though they are on site

somewhere, someplace

I've had mine because I'm a frontline keyworker and work in close contact with people

Had my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday, just a sore arm today.

Mum had 1 about 7 weeks ago, no problems. She's 86.

Sister works in a care home, she had it a week ago. Big red splotch on arm but otherwise no issues (she actually had covid a few months ago. Was very lucky).

Wife will be due to get it in a few weeks. She's 72 and fairly frail. She's bricking it at the very thought.

Leeds

"

Wife will be due to get it in a few weeks. She's 72 and fairly frail. She's bricking it at the very thought."

Why is she scared ?

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

If you didn't get shielding letters you're probably not on the cev list. You should speak to your doctor's or hospital to see if you should be on it.

Bham

Op how did you get on?

I had flu like symptoms for 3 days after.

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Just had my first one...might have to take to my bed...he he..

By *reaklikeme83Man  over a year ago

hounslow

[Removed by poster at 02/02/21 17:53:04]

hounslow

Went with my mum, yesterday, and they had extra doses, so asked if I wanted one.

Sore arm later in the day, and didn't sleep much during the night as kept switching between shivering and cold, and then incredibly hot, if you search the symptoms they're supposed to be all normal.

Seem to be getting better now, head sort of feels heavy, clouded, sweating has stopped, but feeling achy.

By *ancelot1633Man  over a year ago

margate

That arse is looking mighty fine for 80 xx

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Had mine today, just a sore arm and a mild headache but other than that I'm fine x

I’ve had Pfizer. No issues at all. Was concerned as I’ve had covid already and several friends have had side effects when they’d been ill previously. But so far so good

somewhere, someplace

Other than a headache and feeling achy this evening I'm doing ok

Bristol

Got a letter this morning and went online ...Booked in for tomorrow morning at 11...simple so far..

By *armupartistMan  over a year ago

York

Had the Astra-Zeneca first dose yesterday... a bit sore today but no other problems. 2nd dose booked 20 April.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

It is varying from region to region. Some are ahead of the curve in vaccinating their groups and others are a bit behind. Example my dad is 70 he is going on Saturday. My mother the same age but other side of the country, still waiting and not expecting it any time soon as they are still doing 80s and over.

Bham

"Went with my mum, yesterday, and they had extra doses, so asked if I wanted one.

Sore arm later in the day, and didn't sleep much during the night as kept switching between shivering and cold, and then incredibly hot, if you search the symptoms they're supposed to be all normal.

Seem to be getting better now, head sort of feels heavy, clouded, sweating has stopped, but feeling achy."

Exactly the same as me. Fever on the night. My Fitbit sleep score was 41. Normally 70/80. Next day achy. Next day absolutely shattered. Next day ok.

By *anda and CatCouple  over a year ago

Daughter had Astra yesterday, it's knocked her sideways a bit and she's not usually one to complain fever, going hot and cold dizziness and headache. Hopefully it will pass soon.

I had the Pfizer jab on NYE. No noticeable side effects whatsoever.

By *restonM50Man  over a year ago

preston

All vaccined up.

I’ve had the first dose of AstraZeneca. Absolutely no problems or reaction at all.

Bristol

Had the Oxford jab this a.m . No reaction and very organised.

Very disappointed to hear a significant number are not turning up without notifying the team...This is appalling behaviour (esp older people who should know better)denying the opportunity for others....

The odd thing was I had to travel a fair distance, when we are not meant to travel, but at least it's done.

By *he_tykiesCouple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire & Vera Playa,Spain.

[Removed by poster at 03/02/21 18:44:01]

By *he_tykiesCouple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire & Vera Playa,Spain.

I (D) was contacted by my doctors surgery today to book my 1st jab for next thurs 11th. Come hell or high water I will be there thats for sure. It will feel weird as it will be only the 2nd time I have gone passed the garden gate since before the latest lockdown was implemented

By *oldenskyWoman  over a year ago

london

I had the Oxford today

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

"I have decided against it."

Can we assume you'll also decide not to go to the hospital or to take up a hospital bed or to accept medical treatment, god forbid you contracting it?.

And the answer to that is??????

By *eenawMan  over a year ago

anywhere and everywhere

I’m not usually one to have vaccines (probably should as I’m an HCP) but I jumped at the chance for this. Not so much for me but for parents, the elderly, the vulnerable and to get the country back to normal.

It was painless, slightly dead arm and a headache a day after, but soon went. It is a small price to pay, but for any sceptic out there, please think hard and then do it, if not for you but for everyone else.

Stay safe people

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

"Had the Oxford jab this a.m . No reaction and very organised.

Very disappointed to hear a significant number are not turning up without notifying the team...This is appalling behaviour (esp older people who should know better)denying the opportunity for others....

The odd thing was I had to travel a fair distance, when we are not meant to travel, but at least it's done.

"

That's a genuine reason for travel so not an issue

"I (D) was contacted by my doctors surgery today to book my 1st jab for next thurs 11th. Come hell or high water I will be there thats for sure. It will feel weird as it will be only the 2nd time I have gone passed the garden gate since before the latest lockdown was implemented"

It's definitely worth leaving the house for, I'm glad you are getting it.

North Bucks

Local doctors managed to get 17 jabs out to people at the end of the day today. In a way hope they wasn’t no shows.

Was very tempted to get my name down. Maybe tomorrow.

As of today 1 in 5 adults in the UK have been given their 1st does.

We are also about 8 days a head of schedule for getting the 1st 4 priority groups down so this is definitely a huge step in the right direction.

they are working through the vulnerable lists. My daughters friend had it yesterday he is 23,has downs syndrome and had recent heart surgery. Letters are being sent out.

I've had mine but that was due to extra doses being available and I am working at the vaccine hub.... I feel a little guilty as has it before my extremely vulnerable daughter but actually me having had it I suppose protects her too.

"Local doctors managed to get 17 jabs out to people at the end of the day today. In a way hope they wasn’t no shows.

Was very tempted to get my name down. Maybe tomorrow. "

Also if there is a mass vaccination centre near you, might be worth trying to get on their reserve list too.

My friend managed to get one yesterday but they did Say on the form that you had to be in one of the 9 priority categories to get a " Spare" vaccine but worth a try.

"Is it just us, or are the government telling lies again, we are both over 60,hubby has just had a kidney removed because of cancer 2 weeks ago, I have copd, yet I keep seeing and hearing about people much younger and not on the vulnerable list like us getting it. But we have heard nothing.??? they are working through the vulnerable lists. My daughters friend had it yesterday he is 23,has downs syndrome and had recent heart surgery. Letters are being sent out.

I've had mine but that was due to extra doses being available and I am working at the vaccine hub.... I feel a little guilty as has it before my extremely vulnerable daughter but actually me having had it I suppose protects her too.

"

Yes plus they have only just started in some areas on the 60 plus and those under 60 with high risk conditions.

North Bucks

"Local doctors managed to get 17 jabs out to people at the end of the day today. In a way hope they wasn’t no shows.

Was very tempted to get my name down. Maybe tomorrow.

Also if there is a mass vaccination centre near you, might be worth trying to get on their reserve list too.

My friend managed to get one yesterday but they did Say on the form that you had to be in one of the 9 priority categories to get a " Spare" vaccine but worth a try. "

I’m not really in a rush there are far more

deserving ahead of me. It’s a small village surgery so easy to get to. It’s more to avoid it going to waste.

somewhere, someplace

"

I looked at the DNA tally when I had mine Monday and at midday at Leicester royal it was at just under 20, made my heart dink a little as that's 20 doses potentially going nowhere

I looked at the DNA tally when I had mine Monday and at midday at Leicester royal it was at just under 20, made my heart dink a little as that's 20 doses potentially going nowhere"

My understanding from what I heard on the news and from people who are vaccinators on here there is actually very little wasted thankfully. There will always be someone that will happily take a leftover one.

By *eductiveCouple  over a year ago

Kent

I had the oxford vaccine as work in nhs. Felt crap the day after and just slept. Arm ached and felt like had slight temperature but okay with paracetamol. I survived covid March 2020 with cough, aches and loss of taste and smell. Hope it goes well for you. Stay safe. Xxx

By *lderone1Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Pfizer jab received this morning. So relieved to got to get Pfizer jab. Stay safe please everyone xxxxxxxx

On a mooch

"Is it just us, or are the government telling lies again, we are both over 60,hubby has just had a kidney removed because of cancer 2 weeks ago, I have copd, yet I keep seeing and hearing about people much younger and not on the vulnerable list like us getting it. But we have heard nothing.??? they are working through the vulnerable lists. My daughters friend had it yesterday he is 23,has downs syndrome and had recent heart surgery. Letters are being sent out.

Yes plus they have only just started in some areas on the 60 plus and those under 60 with high risk conditions. "

Some are still on 80 plus

Got the Pfizer one this afternoon...arms now a bit achey and a slight headache.

chelmsford

"Got the Pfizer one this afternoon...arms now a bit achey and a slight headache. "

xx

By *oreboteeeCouple  over a year ago

manchester

I was one of first to have Pfizer vaccine as I work in healthcare - sore arm for about 4 hours and that was it.

Since then worked with thousands of people and all had very few symptoms.

To ease your mind I work along side a clinical trial company and the vaccine isn’t actually as Lou they new it’s been around and tested for years on the Corona virus and has been ‘tweaked’ for current strain.

Ignore the Facebook ‘experts’ and make yourself safe

Rob. Xxx

hounslow

"Went with my mum, yesterday, and they had extra doses, so asked if I wanted one.

Seem to be getting better now, head sort of feels heavy, clouded, sweating has stopped, but feeling achy.

Exactly the same as me. Fever on the night. My Fitbit sleep score was 41. Normally 70/80. Next day achy. Next day absolutely shattered. Next day ok. "

If you look at the symptoms and the time scale on the NHS website, they say it should be ok at worst after 4 days, and I'm now on my 3rd and the chills/sweating has seemingly subsided and hopefully it's fading out, so they've got it pretty much spot on even when there are side effects.

It's designed to provoke an immune response so that's what's happened.

Though apparently with the Pfizer vaccine the second dose reaction could be worse so was told to maybe pre-dose with paracetamol on the day I get the second dose.

Leeds

"

Though apparently with the Pfizer vaccine the second dose reaction could be worse so was told to maybe pre-dose with paracetamol on the day I get the second dose."

I know eight people in their 80s who have had a second Pfizer dose and apart from a slightly sore arm, none had any other side effects whatsoever

Yes plus they have only just started in some areas on the 60 plus and those under 60 with high risk conditions.

Some are still on 80 plus "

Most centres on now offering vaccines to anybody over 70 but yes there are still some over 80's as have not been vaccinated.

On a mooch

Some are still on 80 plus

Most centres on now offering vaccines to anybody over 70 but yes there are still some over 80's as have not been vaccinated.

"

Depends where you are, mum’s location they are still on 80 plus, but she’s patient

Bham

Exactly the same as me. Fever on the night. My Fitbit sleep score was 41. Normally 70/80. Next day achy. Next day absolutely shattered. Next day ok.

If you look at the symptoms and the time scale on the NHS website, they say it should be ok at worst after 4 days, and I'm now on my 3rd and the chills/sweating has seemingly subsided and hopefully it's fading out, so they've got it pretty much spot on even when there are side effects.

It's designed to provoke an immune response so that's what's happened.

Though apparently with the Pfizer vaccine the second dose reaction could be worse so was told to maybe pre-dose with paracetamol on the day I get the second dose."

Yeah I'm quite glad to have a reaction as gives me peace of mind that my immune system had definitely reacted and created antibodies.

Bristol

Had mine yesterday I didn't notice or feel anything but I had a phone call this a.m offering me another right on my doorstep!

Yesterday I had to travel 3.5 miles..

hounslow

"

Though apparently with the Pfizer vaccine the second dose reaction could be worse so was told to maybe pre-dose with paracetamol on the day I get the second dose.

I know eight people in their 80s who have had a second Pfizer dose and apart from a slightly sore arm, none had any other side effects whatsoever "

I moved back home, home, when this started, so gran in 80's, uncle in 80's, mum in 60's, all 3 had no effects from their vaccine, so they've been sort of joking with me.

Do you know if they had a reaction on their first dose ? Should have mentioned it matters if you already had a reaction with the first dose. I think they're still collecting data.

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

I've had mine and I'm still able to type on here lol

Leeds

"

Do you know if they had a reaction on their first dose ?

"

They all had no reaction to the first dose

Hoping to try and get it today, last day they are on site, was beaten again, this time by three people, I tell you what the more mature people move fast when they want.

Usually quiet then as soon as the mention of vaccines come up, they shift like usain bolt.

I had the Pfizer vaccine.. felt a little tired and slight headache that evening but was fine in the morning

doncaster

I got my first Pfizer shot on Wednesday

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Had mine last night ,done by a sexy army medic ,very achey today and had a temperature in the night but all is ok .

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Had mine last night ,done by a sexy army medic ,very achey today and had a temperature in the night but all is ok ."

The information I've seen has suggested that will likely last 1-3 days. Feel better.

Had mine last night. No reaction apart from slight pain in jabbed arm. If anyone is in any doubt, consult your GP.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Mine is booked for next Monday.

Not sure which brand it will be.

My main concern is that it is going to be bloody cold by then but hopefully not snowing.

Tried to do it all on line but it kept throwing up a 'problem' at the search for dates stage so had to resort to phoning, which was quick and easy in the evening.

doncaster

"Had mine last night ,done by a sexy army medic ,very achey today and had a temperature in the night but all is ok .

The information I've seen has suggested that will likely last 1-3 days. Feel better."

the only thing I had was a mildly sore arm for about 12 hours

I had the pfizer one start of Jan, I had a dead arm for a few days and for an hour or so in the evening I felt a bit coldy like.

Some work colleagues had the Oxford one the other day and two of them felt rough the next day (I would say covid symptoms) but then I don't know them very well so don't know if they felt as bad as they did.

I think if you had the flu jab, expect a reaction similar to that.

Danish x

hounslow

"

Do you know if they had a reaction on their first dose ?

They all had no reaction to the first dose "

Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to put anyone off or anything, just my experience, from the data they have I think the vast majority don't have a reaction, but if your immune system kicks in like it did mine, and there is a reaction to the first dose, was told by the doctors that they expect the second dose reaction to be slightly worse so to pre-dose on paracetomol.

It's just what you'd expect from a flu, and they have the symptoms and timescale pretty much spot on.

Perfectly fine now.

By *carlettlipsWoman  over a year ago

uxbridge

Had pfizer a week ago today. Felt a bit achy, and had a slight temp, for a couple days. All good now x glad its been done.

By *appycouple300Couple  over a year ago

North Dorset

Wife has had both doses and had no reaction at all