FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Just been told to isolate

Just been told to isolate

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ove2pleaseseuk OP   Man  over a year ago

Hastings

Witch I will do 10 days off work.

For witch I get about £135 So about a days pay.

No wander covid is out of control this Will take some time make back up.

And I just throught I had a cold but got tested.

Why dose it feel like I'm being punished for doing the right thing will have to pay next month's mortgage with a credit card.

Taste and smell all fine just got a runny nose.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Thats what happened with lots of other workers, they keep on working and don't say because they cannot afford to not work, its a very high risk gamble as they don't know if their workmates family's are vulnerable

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Witch I will do 10 days off work.

Why dose it feel like I'm being punished for doing the right thing will have to pay next month's mortgage with a credit card.

"

Unfortunately it's just the way it is.

No different from if you had something else that kept you off work sick.

I'm sure if you call your mortgage company they will be understanding it's all about keeping them informed.

Also as you know it's not just because you only have a running nose, let's hope it's doesn't get worse than that but think of how many people you could infect and may not just get a runny nose.

Hastings

And that is why infection is not coming down

By *an4funMan  over a year ago

london

"

Yeah it's a tricky one. There will be many who won't go for a test purely because they have mouths to feed and bills to pay. Low paid workers. Gig economy.

Hastings

I'm sure if you call your mortgage company they will be understanding it's all about keeping them informed.

Also as you know it's not just because you only have a running nose, let's hope it's doesn't get worse than that but think of how many people you could infect and may not just get a runny nose.

"

I get that my point is how meany with a just a cold get tested? I thought I would go on the side of caution.

I now it's the right thing to do and I will do it but it will cost this household about £2500 for the 10 days no wander people just carry on

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Yeah it's a tricky one. There will be many who won't go for a test purely because they have mouths to feed and bills to pay. Low paid workers. Gig economy."

There's also many greedy work perverts who won't isolate even though they can afford to.

Hastings

If I was getting universal credit is get £500 but as a middle class working family your on your own.

By *aulo9424Man  over a year ago

hull

I had it really bad. I lost 3 stone in 5 days. Maybe some people need a wake up call

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

as an employer if anyone has to isolate I put them on furlough, that gives them 60% of their wage they can trade a days holiday and then I allow 100% of their salary

ask your employer to do this maybe !

Hastings

"as an employer if anyone has to isolate I put them on furlough, that gives them 60% of their wage they can trade a days holiday and then I allow 100% of their salary

ask your employer to do this maybe !"

Ok don't ask don't get.

My son used some of his holiday allowance so still got paid. Is there any chance your employer will allow you to do that? My son had to isolate because his workmate had it. X

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

"If I was getting universal credit is get £500 but as a middle class working family your on your own."

If you’re only getting £135 in 10 days, if that’s the only income to your household, you should get some UC.

Not sure where you get the figure of £500 from for someone who’s only income is UC. They wouldn’t get that much for 10 days.

Hastings

"as an employer if anyone has to isolate I put them on furlough, that gives them 60% of their wage they can trade a days holiday and then I allow 100% of their salary

ask your employer to do this maybe !"

If your employee is on sick leave or self-isolating as a result of coronavirus, they may be able to get Statutory Sick Pay (SSP). The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme is not intended for short-term absences from work due to sickness.

So know they won't

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"If I was getting universal credit is get £500 but as a middle class working family your on your own.

If you’re only getting £135 in 10 days, if that’s the only income to your household, you should get some UC.

Not sure where you get the figure of £500 from for someone who’s only income is UC. They wouldn’t get that much for 10 days. "

500 is more likely to be for a month.

"

He wouldn't usually stay off work for any illness which only caused him a runny nose, so it is different.

By all means tell people they must isolate as it is the correct thing to do, but the government should be making sure people are not financially punished for doing so

Compliance levels would be a lot higher if people were adequately compensated for staying off work for 10 days

Hastings

"My son used some of his holiday allowance so still got paid. Is there any chance your employer will allow you to do that? My son had to isolate because his workmate had it. X"

I have toil and 8 days leave but the point is how meany can't so carry on working and there for spread this

"My son used some of his holiday allowance so still got paid. Is there any chance your employer will allow you to do that? My son had to isolate because his workmate had it. X

I have toil and 8 days leave but the point is how meany can't so carry on working and there for spread this "

The government should pay everyone their full wages if they are expected to isolate by law, if their company doesn't already do so

Hastings

"If I was getting universal credit is get £500 but as a middle class working family your on your own.

Not sure where you get the figure of £500 from for someone who’s only income is UC. They wouldn’t get that much for 10 days. "

Gov web site £500 for isolating

Hastings

"My son used some of his holiday allowance so still got paid. Is there any chance your employer will allow you to do that? My son had to isolate because his workmate had it. X

I have toil and 8 days leave but the point is how meany can't so carry on working and there for spread this

The government should pay everyone their full wages if they are expected to isolate by law, if their company doesn't already do so "

Right now I'd take 60%

The government should pay everyone their full wages if they are expected to isolate by law, if their company doesn't already do so

Right now I'd take 60% "

I don't blame you.

You shouldn't be worse off than people who are on furlough

Hastings

Right now I'd take 60%

I don't blame you.

You shouldn't be worse off than people who are on furlough "

That is the point and why if on furlough don't take a job stay on it at least it's guaranteed

By *azzler2Man  over a year ago

halifax

If you was off work with the flu or something else would you expect the government to m pay you for that ?

"If you was off work with the flu or something else would you expect the government to m pay you for that ?"

You're missing his point

His symptoms are so mild that he wouldn't allow those symptoms to ordinarily keep him off work

He is off work because he is required to do so by law following a positive test, not because he is unfit through illness to carry out his role.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

There is an isolation payment of £500 that some people are eligible for, I believe.

I think the criteria are quite tight for it, but I’d have thought that if you only get £135, that’s the kind of person who might get a discretionary payment because they are facing financial hardship because of it. The guidance says that diactetion exists.

Unfortunately, no system is in this unprecedented is going to be perfect and meet the needs of everyone.

I can totally understand the financial concerns and frustrations. I can understand people being angry with the government. The bottom line is that stopping the spread by isolating contacts is vital (particularly as some people have no symptoms), and I’d hope people realise they are potentially harming and endangering others if they don’t adhere to the rules.

Serendipity

Not sure where you get the figure of £500 from for someone who’s only income is UC. They wouldn’t get that much for 10 days.

Gov web site £500 for isolating "

I’ve had a read, you can claim the £500 even if you weren’t previously on any benefits and you’re in financial hardship due to self isolating.

"There is an isolation payment of £500 that some people are eligible for, I believe.

I think the criteria are quite tight for it, but I’d have thought that if you only get £135, that’s the kind of person who might get a discretionary payment because they are facing financial hardship because of it. The guidance says that diactetion exists.

Unfortunately, no system is in this unprecedented is going to be perfect and meet the needs of everyone.

I can totally understand the financial concerns and frustrations. I can understand people being angry with the government. The bottom line is that stopping the spread by isolating contacts is vital (particularly as some people have no symptoms), and I’d hope people realise they are potentially harming and endangering others if they don’t adhere to the rules.

"

So surely putting a system in place that ensures people who are required by law to isolate do not suffer financially would be the best way to ensure compliance?

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

Sorry to hear of your plight OP. You mention of paying your mortgage on a credit card. A lot of banks and building societies are doing payment holidays. Just a thought.

By *erdy NancyWoman  over a year ago

East Devon

At least you're not self-employed as it would be zero income!

By *azzler2Man  over a year ago

halifax

I had to isolate for 14 days due to a workmate getting it of his daughter I booked a weeks holiday so just lost a week when all this is over we will all have to pay more to the government

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

He wouldn't usually stay off work for any illness which only caused him a runny nose, so it is different.

By all means tell people they must isolate as it is the correct thing to do, but the government should be making sure people are not financially punished for doing so

Compliance levels would be a lot higher if people were adequately compensated for staying off work for 10 days "

A new gov/employment scheme for covid-19 sick pay is needed

Hastings

"If you was off work with the flu or something else would you expect the government to m pay you for that ?

You're missing his point

His symptoms are so mild that he wouldn't allow those symptoms to ordinarily keep him off work

He is off work because he is required to do so by law following a positive test, not because he is unfit through illness to carry out his role. "

Thank you

Yes would normally be in work with a runny nose.

Also to every one if you have a cold get tested I feel fine in the hole

Hastings

"At least you're not self-employed as it would be zero income! "

No the Wife is agency and the main income but she has to isolate as well she was booked to work in a hospital 60mile away and a hotel is booked but she now can't work as well

Hastings

"Sorry to hear of your plight OP. You mention of paying your mortgage on a credit card. A lot of banks and building societies are doing payment holidays. Just a thought. "

Have you looked at payment holiday interest is still added and the payment goes up to reflect this

Hastings

Compliance levels would be a lot higher if people were adequately compensated for staying off work for 10 days

A new gov/employment scheme for covid-19 sick pay is needed "

SSP is so out of date with real life

And yes a SSP for isolating in line with furlough would be good it's harsh but some are getting more and doing less, I know it's not there fault but I kind of think why did I get tested

By *eerobCouple  over a year ago

solihull

If you had had ordinary flu you wouldnt get paid anything two years ago..so is it not bettet than nothing

oldham

"Sorry to hear of your plight OP. You mention of paying your mortgage on a credit card. A lot of banks and building societies are doing payment holidays. Just a thought.

Have you looked at payment holiday interest is still added and the payment goes up to reflect this "

Yes I appreciate its not for free and at some point has to be caught up. Nothing is for free

Hastings

"If you had had ordinary flu you wouldnt get paid anything two years ago..so is it not bettet than nothing"

Probably but the point is how meany with a cold font get tested as don't/ can't afford to isolate. I'll get by but for young family's this would be so much harder.

Serendipity

"

And yes a SSP for isolating in line with furlough would be good it's harsh but some are getting more and doing less, I know it's not there fault but I kind of think why did I get tested "

They aren’t getting a £500 bonus though, it’s to ensure they have enough to survive. And how are they getting more for doing less?

Hastings

"

And yes a SSP for isolating in line with furlough would be good it's harsh but some are getting more and doing less, I know it's not there fault but I kind of think why did I get tested

They aren’t getting a £500 bonus though, it’s to ensure they have enough to survive. And how are they getting more for doing less? "

My Daughter lives with her mum is on furlough gets £3500 a month befor tax but has not done any work since March.

Think we would all like that

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

"

Claim ESA & UC

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

"

You’re spot on mate. If, you can’t afford to isolate they can’t expect you to.

"

Fuly agree with u its disgusting having to isolate n loosing ur wages for 10 days no wonder people arent getting tested as they cant afford loosing wages

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

This is a prime example how we have failed to get the easiest things right, after almost a year when we could have learned. People who are infected should be the key group to ensure they are isolated - we know they can infect others.

Winter also has the highest living costs, due to extra energy usage. Other countries give 80% to 100% of wages to those needing to isolate. We should too.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

The government should pay everyone their full wages if they are expected to isolate by law, if their company doesn't already do so "

Too right. I can’t afford to lose the money, so I’d continue to go to work. That’s life. The government are completely out of touch with the common man.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Gov web site £500 for isolating "

That payment is refused for almost 80% of the applications.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

This is the problem. Many people simply can't afford to isolate so won't get tested.

If you're forced to isolate people should be given 801% of their wages, the same as furlough.

[Removed by poster at 29/01/21 08:57:48]

I get that my point is how meany with a just a cold get tested? I thought I would go on the side of caution.

I now it's the right thing to do and I will do it but it will cost this household about £2500 for the 10 days no wander people just carry on "

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying at all and not to minimuse the impact on you and others but imagine many of those who were self employed and got nothing for for 3 months and lost everything as a result, selling all their assets in order to pay the bills leaving them with nothing to even return too after.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Claim ESA & UC"

Good luck with that will take about 6 weeks for that

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Just to clarify - I do definitely think people isolating should be compensated.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think we need to radically re-shape the entire way we support people in society going forward.

I’ve lost my self-employed income totally since March - it’s really tough, and anyone struggling should be supported.

In my other work I’m on the frontline of this ans see the devastation - I know others do too. I think its acceptable to think more should be done for people, but please do stay home.

One small point - we’re talking about people not getting tested because they understandably can’t afford to isolate. There’s also many people asked to isolate because they are contacts of course. They wouldn’t have to get testes unless showing symptoms, but face similar pressures.

The difficulty is - if someone doesn’t isolate when they should, it very often leads to more and more people in area (hundreds sometimes) having to isolate and face the very same financial worries the original person faced.

Difficult and worrying all round.

Too right. I can’t afford to lose the money, so I’d continue to go to work. That’s life. The government are completely out of touch with the common man. "

Indeed.... And still some working class people vote Tory....

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"

Probably ok but you have done the right thing well done

upton wirral

Too right. I can’t afford to lose the money, so I’d continue to go to work. That’s life. The government are completely out of touch with the common man.

Indeed.... And still some working class people vote Tory.... "

What has how people vote got to do with this???

Indeed.... And still some working class people vote Tory.... What has how people vote got to do with this???"

Touched a nerve have I??

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Can you blame them? The way Labour have behaved it’s no wonder. Firstly over Brexit and now with the virus. Labour have become the party of the middle classes, more concerned about fringe issues rather than the actual things that affect the working classes.

Why aren’t they challenging this government with regards to the lockdown measures? Measures that, whether you like it or not, impact the working classes the most. It seems they are happy to sit back and let the government do whatever they please, in fact they themselves would call for earlier and harsher lockdowns despite, as I said earlier, these measures affecting there supposed electorate the most. They should have supported the Great Barrington Declaration and got behind it, a real alternative and maybe they would have more chance at the next election. They might have even turned a few of the long standing Tory areas red. As it s_ands tho they have very little chance of ever getting into power again.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Many people have made HUGE sacrifices for the pandemic and the greater good. Whilst I sympathise with losing 10 days pay, try doing nearly a year. We all have a part to play and for many it means going to into debt, losing liberties or inconveniencing ourselves.

By *ambanCouple  over a year ago

kingswinford

"I had it really bad. I lost 3 stone in 5 days. Maybe some people need a wake up call"

Oh God you poor thing. How are you feeling now? X

oldham

Why wouldn't they? When the alternative was an absolute fuckwit like Jeremy clueless Corbyn.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"If I was getting universal credit is get £500 but as a middle class working family your on your own."

You don’t get £500 if you’re on universal credit

South

Why wouldn't they? When the alternative was an absolute fuckwit like Jeremy clueless Corbyn. "

Oh yeah imagine what a properly funded NHS and education system would be like. Not to mention a living wage as minimum - how awful would that be.

South

Indeed.... And still some working class people vote Tory.... What has how people vote got to do with this???"

Really? You don’t think the way the government runs the country has anyone to do with this?

oldham

Why wouldn't they? When the alternative was an absolute fuckwit like Jeremy clueless Corbyn.

Oh yeah imagine what a properly funded NHS and education system would be like. Not to mention a living wage as minimum - how awful would that be. "

And you honestly believe that would've happened under Corbyn?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Why wouldn't they? When the alternative was an absolute fuckwit like Jeremy clueless Corbyn. "

Goes to look up irony...

oldham

Goes to look up irony..."

Yes yes I know Boris has done a fabulous impression of clueless and misguided.... I just feel he was the best of a bad bunch.

Manchester

Indeed.... And still some working class people vote Tory.... What has how people vote got to do with this???

Really? You don’t think the way the government runs the country has anyone to do with this? "

Unfortunately the alternative is standing by letting this government do whatever they please. In fact they are calling for quicker, harder lockdowns which is strange given these lockdowns affect their supposed electorate, the working classes, the most. Labour are firmly out of touch with the working class, they are a middle class party now, busying themselves with fringe issues that don’t matter to real people living on the bread line. As sad as that is, it’s a fact. I liked Corbyn but the media didn’t, it’s funny what the media can do to stir things up isn’t it? Like it or not they still do shape people’s opinions and how the party behaved in relation to Brexit lost him the election. Starmer is Tony Blair on speed, which is quite frightening really, he will bring Labour even more into the middle and thus further way from the people that rely on them to enforce change.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Indeed.... And still some working class people vote Tory.... What has how people vote got to do with this???

Really? You don’t think the way the government runs the country has anyone to do with this?

Unfortunately the alternative is standing by letting this government do whatever they please. In fact they are calling for quicker, harder lockdowns which is strange given these lockdowns affect their supposed electorate, the working classes, the most. Labour are firmly out of touch with the working class, they are a middle class party now, busying themselves with fringe issues that don’t matter to real people living on the bread line. As sad as that is, it’s a fact. I liked Corbyn but the media didn’t, it’s funny what the media can do to stir things up isn’t it? Like it or not they still do shape people’s opinions and how the party behaved in relation to Brexit lost him the election. Starmer is Tony Blair on speed, which is quite frightening really, he will bring Labour even more into the middle and thus further way from the people that rely on them to enforce change. "

If they criticise them now they will get lambasted in the media (captain hindsight?they need to keep their powder dry for when its over .

Manchester

Unfortunately the alternative is standing by letting this government do whatever they please. In fact they are calling for quicker, harder lockdowns which is strange given these lockdowns affect their supposed electorate, the working classes, the most. Labour are firmly out of touch with the working class, they are a middle class party now, busying themselves with fringe issues that don’t matter to real people living on the bread line. As sad as that is, it’s a fact. I liked Corbyn but the media didn’t, it’s funny what the media can do to stir things up isn’t it? Like it or not they still do shape people’s opinions and how the party behaved in relation to Brexit lost him the election. Starmer is Tony Blair on speed, which is quite frightening really, he will bring Labour even more into the middle and thus further way from the people that rely on them to enforce change.

If they criticise them now they will get lambasted in the media (captain hindsight?they need to keep their powder dry for when its over ."

I’m afraid that isn’t really good enough, playing political games in a pandemic is not the way to go. The poorest in this country need their help now, they shouldn’t be abstaining on votes and the people can’t wait 4 years for them to be elected, it will be far too late by then, if it isn’t already.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

If they criticise them now they will get lambasted in the media (captain hindsight?they need to keep their powder dry for when its over ."

and apparent silence won’t help either

South

Oh yeah imagine what a properly funded NHS and education system would be like. Not to mention a living wage as minimum - how awful would that be.

And you honestly believe that would've happened under Corbyn?"

Yes... I can’t imagine him letting people starve unlike Bojo who has form for burning £20 notes in front on homeless people and calling gay men ‘tank top wearing bum boys’

South

Unfortunately the alternative is standing by letting this government do whatever they please. In fact they are calling for quicker, harder lockdowns which is strange given these lockdowns affect their supposed electorate, the working classes, the most. Labour are firmly out of touch with the working class, they are a middle class party now, busying themselves with fringe issues that don’t matter to real people living on the bread line. As sad as that is, it’s a fact. I liked Corbyn but the media didn’t, it’s funny what the media can do to stir things up isn’t it? Like it or not they still do shape people’s opinions and how the party behaved in relation to Brexit lost him the election. Starmer is Tony Blair on speed, which is quite frightening really, he will bring Labour even more into the middle and thus further way from the people that rely on them to enforce change. "

The MSM is hardly impartial though is it

Manchester

The MSM is hardly impartial though is it "

Not at all, not even the BBC which is supposedly there to provide a balanced view for people to make their own mind up, unfortunately this doesn’t happen. Be it anti Corbyn, anti Brexit or one sided Covid arguments the BBC is one of the worst for remaining impartial. What hope have we got?

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

That is not good. So glad my job would still pay me as i would struggle.

South

The MSM is hardly impartial though is it

Not at all, not even the BBC which is supposedly there to provide a balanced view for people to make their own mind up, unfortunately this doesn’t happen. Be it anti Corbyn, anti Brexit or one sided Covid arguments the BBC is one of the worst for remaining impartial. What hope have we got? "

All that we have is Murdoch his bias is right wing so that in nutshell is why the tories continue to get in ... the cannot for one second all the millions that vote Tory believe in their policy for example they’ve stripped £40 million out of the SEND budget for education - what kind of decent person would vote for a party that begrudges disabled kids an education

By *iguy for funMan  over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

"Just to clarify - I do definitely think people isolating should be compensated.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think we need to radically re-shape the entire way we support people in society going forward.

I’ve lost my self-employed income totally since March - it’s really tough, and anyone struggling should be supported.

In my other work I’m on the frontline of this ans see the devastation - I know others do too. I think its acceptable to think more should be done for people, but please do stay home.

One small point - we’re talking about people not getting tested because they understandably can’t afford to isolate. There’s also many people asked to isolate because they are contacts of course. They wouldn’t have to get testes unless showing symptoms, but face similar pressures.

The difficulty is - if someone doesn’t isolate when they should, it very often leads to more and more people in area (hundreds sometimes) having to isolate and face the very same financial worries the original person faced.

Difficult and worrying all round."

your eloquent and accurate post seems to have got lost in the bilge about labour/tory - shame

By *arrowman1000Man  over a year ago

harrow

Really unfortunate...however people on here are still meeting...not going to help situation

"

Remember when colds and flu used to be a thing?

Hastings

"Just to clarify - I do definitely think people isolating should be compensated.

Difficult and worrying all round.

your eloquent and accurate post seems to have got lost in the bilge about labour/tory - shame"

Yet it was ment to get more talking about testing and pay

"

I now it's the right thing to do and I will do it but it will cost this household about £2500 for the 10 days no wander people just carry on "

OP you said your household will loose £2500 for the 10 days, so by rights you'd be taking £7500 per month, wtf are you complaining about, with that figure you shouldn't expect state handouts, some families don't make £2500 for the month let alone 10 days

Of I'm wrong pls correct me

upton wirral

"

I now it's the right thing to do and I will do it but it will cost this household about £2500 for the 10 days no wander people just carry on

OP you said your household will loose £2500 for the 10 days, so by rights you'd be taking £7500 per month, wtf are you complaining about, with that figure you shouldn't expect state handouts, some families don't make £2500 for the month let alone 10 days

Of I'm wrong pls correct me "

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Sorry, just to clarify, are you waiting on test results?

If you come back negative you can return to work no?

Hastings

"Sorry, just to clarify, are you waiting on test results?

If you come back negative you can return to work no? "

No got test result this morning so now 10 days off work.

"And that is why infection is not coming down "

But it is.

Gov web site £500 for isolating

I’ve had a read, you can claim the £500 even if you weren’t previously on any benefits and you’re in financial hardship due to self isolating. "

Yes but you can't have any savings if you have savings you are not entitled to it.

Hastings

"

Of I'm wrong pls correct me "

That is befor tax I'm an electrical engineer on £34,000 wife is a RMN ON £45,000 mortgage is £1500 bills come to £2300

But the point I'm trying to get over is if I had not chosen to test we would both still be working.

And got me thinking how meany would get tested for a runny nose. If they throught it would stop the income to the family home have also today been told I can't walk the dog's for 10 days WTF

"

That is befor tax I'm an electrical engineer on £34,000 wife is a RMN ON £45,000 mortgage is £1500 bills come to £2300

But the point I'm trying to get over is if I had not chosen to test we would both still be working.

And got me thinking how meany would get tested for a runny nose. If they throught it would stop the income to the family home have also today been told I can't walk the dog's for 10 days WTF"

No you can't leave the house except to use the garden or urgent medical treatment at all.

Hastings

"

And got me thinking how meany would get tested for a runny nose. If they throught it would stop the income to the family home have also today been told I can't walk the dog's for 10 days WTF

No you can't leave the house except to use the garden or urgent medical treatment at all. "

Going to be fun to be in isolation with a German shepherd and a lab. That don't get there 2 walks a day

"

No you can't leave the house except to use the garden or urgent medical treatment at all.

Going to be fun to be in isolation with a German shepherd and a lab. That don't get there 2 walks a day "

As long as you don't have contact you can ask someone to walk the dogs for you.

shits creek

"

Ah, I get it, so yeah, you're positive and now need to stay at home to prevent others dying.

It's shit, it really is but we all have to do our bit and take a hit.

I'm on 80% of 12,000 a year. I'd usually make tips on top to pay for my non essential bills. Needless to say I'm missing a different bill each month and robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I can understand why people are ignoring symptoms due to financial reasons, but... that's where you just gotta bite the bullet and cross yer fucking fingers a food bank/neighbours/caring people in the community/friends will help.

It's wank, but it just is.

Do I sense some first world problems here?

Hastings

"Do I sense some first world problems here?"

Yes Just trying to say. If you in force people not to work there should be some support them more might get tested and the spread would slow quicker.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"I had it really bad. I lost 3 stone in 5 days. Maybe some people need a wake up call"

I once was as ill with flu as I ever want to be, lost a stone in a week, but 3 stone how is that even possible?

Hastings

Ah, I get it, so yeah, you're positive and now need to stay at home to prevent others dying.

I'm on 80% of 12,000 a year. I'd usually make tips on top to pay for my non essential bills. Needless to say I'm missing a different bill each month and robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I can understand why people are ignoring symptoms due to financial reasons, but... that's where you just gotta bite the bullet and cross yer fucking fingers a food bank/neighbours/caring people in the community/friends will help.

"

So on £12,000 a year how do you live your rent must be £750 a month

So on £12,000 a year how do you live your rent must be £750 a month "

not everyone lives in the south east!

Hastings

"I had it really bad. I lost 3 stone in 5 days. Maybe some people need a wake up call

I once was as ill with flu as I ever want to be, lost a stone in a week, but 3 stone how is that even possible?"

Can I say depends on the start point I'm 5'8" 14 stone

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"

And got me thinking how meany would get tested for a runny nose. If they throught it would stop the income to the family home have also today been told I can't walk the dog's for 10 days WTF"

Op if you on a household income of nearly 80k and have no savings and have to credit card to cover 10 days off, spend those 10 days sorting out your crap budgeting! That aside, I agree, lack of financial support is a problem and continues to encourage some to work rather than isolate when they should.

shits creek

So on £12,000 a year how do you live your rent must be £750 a month "

I scrape.

My rent isn't as much as that but my essential bills are covered by my normal wages.

Haven't had a holiday in, well, 17 years this year.

Rarely go out.

Rarely get any new clothes.

Haven't had a hair cut in 3 years.

I work to pay bills. I'm too scared to change jobs in case I get fired from a new one for being shit or I hate the job. Been at my place 12 years, so even though it's cack, I'll get redundancy pay if that happened. I don't despise my job even though it reduces me to tears at times, but I work with some awesome people and that counts for a lot.

Then if I have a good week in tips awesome, that covers my travel to and from work. If not, I'm walking. If I have a really good week I might treat myself to a take away.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Can I say depends on the start point I'm 5'8" 14 stone "

Are you going to try and keep it off now you've lost it ?

Hastings

"

Op if you on a household income of nearly 80k and have no savings and have to credit card to cover 10 days off, spend those 10 days sorting out your crap budgeting! That aside, I agree, lack of financial support is a problem and continues to encourage some to work rather than isolate when they should. "

Crap budgeting is because I have lost one company hiring equipment in to the theater industry. So my income has halved and in shed of savings I paid redundancy to my old staff.

The wife as a RMN use to do flight repatriation work. But that business is also dead. You live to your income we will get by but it's hard for us.

Again the point is for working family's the throught of testing positive and the stress of money you just would not get tested.

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

Sorry but your household income is almost £80k a year, you are required to isolate to avoid infecting people so they don’t die ... 10 days less pay is a small price to pay for this! I appreciate it sucks nobody wants to be out of pocket but I don’t think the state should compensate!

Hastings

"Sorry but your household income is almost £80k a year, you are required to isolate to avoid infecting people so they don’t die ... 10 days less pay is a small price to pay for this! I appreciate it sucks nobody wants to be out of pocket but I don’t think the state should compensate! "

And I guess you have not read the hole thred then

Edin

"Sorry but your household income is almost £80k a year, you are required to isolate to avoid infecting people so they don’t die ... 10 days less pay is a small price to pay for this! I appreciate it sucks nobody wants to be out of pocket but I don’t think the state should compensate!

And I guess you have not read the hole thred then "

No I’ve read it thanks

Hastings

"Sorry but your household income is almost £80k a year, you are required to isolate to avoid infecting people so they don’t die ... 10 days less pay is a small price to pay for this! I appreciate it sucks nobody wants to be out of pocket but I don’t think the state should compensate!

No I’ve read it thanks "

So what is your house hold income compared to mortgage rent

Hastings

No I’ve read it thanks "

So I guess you think all working family's will be happy to have unpaid time off and all have 2 weeks cash in the bank.

No I’ve read it thanks

So I guess you think all working family's will be happy to have unpaid time off and all have 2 weeks cash in the bank.

"

Thats not what most people are saying. I think people are saying if you have the means to support yourself for 10 days then you should and the people that haven't should get support.

Edin

No I’ve read it thanks

"

You clearly missed that part I said I appreciate it sucks ... so direct me where I said all working families will be happy to have unpaid time of work? And as for finances I’m not happy to disclose this on a swinging site to strangers ... you clearly are which is your perogative

Hastings

No I’ve read it thanks

Thats not what most people are saying. I think people are saying if you have the means to support yourself for 10 days then you should and the people that haven't should get support. "

But what I'm saying is for the majority of working people there is nothing in the way of financial support

Hastings

No I’ve read it thanks

You clearly missed that part I said I appreciate it sucks ... so direct me where I said all working families will be happy to have unpaid time of work? And as for finances I’m not happy to disclose this on a swinging site to strangers ... you clearly are which is your perogative "

It makes it real but now seem I will be slated for working hard to get a good in come.

And pointing out it would be easy to just not get tested in the first place

No I’ve read it thanks

Thats not what most people are saying. I think people are saying if you have the means to support yourself for 10 days then you should and the people that haven't should get support.

But what I'm saying is for the majority of working people there is nothing in the way of financial support "

But the thing is if you can support yourself why shouldn't you?

shits creek

Fair play for working hard and getting to where you've got to.

I don't think a soul would deny you that.

Have you contacted the bank to be able to defer the mortgage?

You are in a fortunate position to be able to use the credit card tho, many people in low income jobs with bad previous financial decisions aren't able to do that, so we simply go without.

Again, I totally understand where you're coming from as to where is the incentive to struggle financially for taking the time off? There is no incentive. It's merely a conscience.

Unfortunately many lack that, hence the position the country has found itself in, whether that be continuing to work, or ignoring the rules.

Hastings

"Fair play for working hard and getting to where you've got to.

I don't think a soul would deny you that.

Have you contacted the bank to be able to defer the mortgage?

You are in a fortunate position to be able to use the credit card tho, many people in low income jobs with bad previous financial decisions aren't able to do that, so we simply go without.

Again, I totally understand where you're coming from as to where is the incentive to struggle financially for taking the time off? There is no incentive. It's merely a conscience.

Unfortunately many lack that, hence the position the country has found itself in, whether that be continuing to work, or ignoring the rules."

Thank you for getting it.

Like I said it's not about me I'll be ok but if it's hard for us I can't think what it's like for a family where both have full time jobs and then there is less coming in.

Sorry to hear you have not had a holiday in so long.

Hastings

No I’ve read it thanks

But what I'm saying is for the majority of working people there is nothing in the way of financial support

But the thing is if you can support yourself why shouldn't you? "

And if you can't don't get tested right

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

If people are ill they take time off and they get SSP but they are ill and cant work.

That is the way it works and we all have to out up with that, you choose if you are well enough to work and if you are not then you have chosen to be off. (clearly unless it is something major, but i am talking minor illnesses here).

Now people are being told to take time off, they have no symptoms and in many cases have nothing wrong with them they jut cant get tested to prove it. so they are not choosing to be off, they are forced to be off so they should get paid !

Maybe too simplistic, but that is why people are going to work even if they are feeling off and may have covid because they cannot afford to be off.

Hastings

"If people are ill they take time off and they get SSP but they are ill and cant work.

That is the way it works and we all have to out up with that, you choose if you are well enough to work and if you are not then you have chosen to be off. (clearly unless it is something major, but i am talking minor illnesses here).

Now people are being told to take time off, they have no symptoms and in many cases have nothing wrong with them they jut cant get tested to prove it. so they are not choosing to be off, they are forced to be off so they should get paid !

Maybe too simplistic, but that is why people are going to work even if they are feeling off and may have covid because they cannot afford to be off.

"

3 stone in 5 days...??

Is that a typo or did you cut your leg off?

No I’ve read it thanks

But the thing is if you can support yourself why shouldn't you?

And if you can't don't get tested right "

No access the support available!

The problem is they can't make it profitable to get a positive covid result as some people may prefer it to working! There are young people who hate their jobs so much 10 days paid to be off would be worth the risk of covid. People under 30 don't consider the implications of long covid effecting the rat of their lives.

"Sorry but your household income is almost £80k a year, you are required to isolate to avoid infecting people so they don’t die ... 10 days less pay is a small price to pay for this! I appreciate it sucks nobody wants to be out of pocket but I don’t think the state should compensate! "

I totally disagree

The guy is being told to stay off work by law, even though is not unfit for work

He shouldn't be financially punished, regardless off his income

80k is mega money to someone like me, but we have no idea of his outgoings or personal circumstances

He shouldn't have to lose 2 weeks wages, same as people who are on furlough, are rightly being supported, so should all those expected to self isolate. Plus it would have the desired effect of higher compliance levels. All the government are doing by not supporting all people who have to self isolate is lowering that level of compliance

"

I missed this post about, your outgoings, apologies.

On the other hand, why did you get tested for a runny nose, or is the criteria for testing different there??

And I just throught I had a so what do you want the goverment to do that's life cold but got tested.

"

Hastings

"

I missed this post about, your outgoings, apologies.

On the other hand, why did you get tested for a runny nose, or is the criteria for testing different there?? "

Just I case as I work close to others in a manufacturing environment. If the machine gose wrong we fix it but can't all ways distance.

South

I totally disagree

The guy is being told to stay off work by law, even though is not unfit for work

80k is mega money to someone like me, but we have no idea of his outgoings or personal circumstances

He shouldn't have to lose 2 weeks wages, same as people who are on furlough, are rightly being supported, so should all those expected to self isolate. Plus it would have the desired effect of higher compliance levels. All the government are doing by not supporting all people who have to self isolate is lowering that level of compliance "

The general feeling is someone with an 80k income has some savings (if not then living beyond means etx) low income houses to qualify for free school meals have to be earning less than £7800 a year. Soooo in the scheme of things someone earning ten times that shouldn’t be a priority.

South

I totally disagree

He shouldn't have to lose 2 weeks wages, same as people who are on furlough, are rightly being supported, so should all those expected to self isolate. Plus it would have the desired effect of higher compliance levels. All the government are doing by not supporting all people who have to self isolate is lowering that level of compliance "

All help should be equal so if low income get £500 then so should the op. Thing is £500 to low income is a lifeline and a months money but to the op probably wouldn’t help much.

"If you was off work with the flu or something else would you expect the government to m pay you for that ?

You're missing his point

He is off work because he is required to do so by law following a positive test, not because he is unfit through illness to carry out his role. "

and this appears to be a lesson we have not learned from the pandemic

we shouldn’t only stay off work if our symptoms make us too ill to work

we should also stay off work if we have symptoms that mean we are likely contagious to other team members ... even when we think its just the cold or the flu

South

You're missing his point

He is off work because he is required to do so by law following a positive test, not because he is unfit through illness to carry out his role.

and this appears to be a lesson we have not learned from the pandemic

we shouldn’t only stay off work if our symptoms make us too ill to work

we should also stay off work if we have symptoms that mean we are likely contagious to other team members ... even when we think its just the cold or the flu "

"Sorry to hear of your plight OP. You mention of paying your mortgage on a credit card. A lot of banks and building societies are doing payment holidays. Just a thought. "

hes also said he has toil and leave he can use and that he doesn’t have a problem so i doubt the credit card comment was true ... think its just a “look what could have happened” post to rile people up at the govt

By *nked_kittenWoman  over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

Do you not have mortgage protection that kicks in if you have to go sick?

Also if your loosing £2500 over 10 days can you not make do on the other £5000 for the rest of the month?

I hope you don’t get any worse than the runny nose but your doing the right thing as hard as it is. Call your mortgage company and see what they can suggest.

I would really considering getting some kind of mortgage care going forward though

South

"Sorry to hear of your plight OP. You mention of paying your mortgage on a credit card. A lot of banks and building societies are doing payment holidays. Just a thought.

hes also said he has toil and leave he can use and that he doesn’t have a problem so i doubt the credit card comment was true ... think its just a “look what could have happened” post to rile people up at the govt "

Tbh ‘just have to put mortgage on credit card for a month’ is such a minor inconvenience compared to so many people are in such such worse situations.

We are in the same storm but Not in the same boat ....

Hastings

I started this post to hi light that others would really strugel if it's going to be a blow for us.

But also are you getting tested if you just have a cold I have know temp no loss of smell or taste.

"

Happens to most.

Unless your lucky enough to work in the public sector.

South

Happens to most.

Unless your lucky enough to work in the public sector."

Nope - unpaid leave if isolating for me ... also if my child who has to go to school as I’m a key worker has to isolate. Also no furlough available for public sector workers if they have no childcare so again unpaid leave.

Happens to most.

Nope - unpaid leave if isolating for me ... also if my child who has to go to school as I’m a key worker has to isolate. Also no furlough available for public sector workers if they have no childcare so again unpaid leave. "

Thats funny because all my friends that work for Newcastle City Council get full sick pay when they have to self isolate.

We are both key workers and its 95 pound per week for us if we have to self isolate.

South

Happens to most.

Nope - unpaid leave if isolating for me ... also if my child who has to go to school as I’m a key worker has to isolate. Also no furlough available for public sector workers if they have no childcare so again unpaid leave.

Thats funny because all my friends that work for Newcastle City Council get full sick pay when they have to self isolate.

We are both key workers and its 95 pound per week for us if we have to self isolate. "

Nope not according the the HR guidance we were sent in September and updated in January.

Happens to most.

We are both key workers and its 95 pound per week for us if we have to self isolate.

Nope not according the the HR guidance we were sent in September and updated in January. "

Oh well they all must be liars

South

Happens to most.

Nope not according the the HR guidance we were sent in September and updated in January.

Oh well they all must be liars "

Not necessarily not all public sector workers have the same contract of employment or sick payments schemes. You’re talking about millions of different job roles they’re not all the same.

» Add a new message to this topic