FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Hotels for work

Hotels for work

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey, I’m hoping there is someone more knowledgeable than me who can assist here.

I’m working with a guy on site for the next two weeks and we need to stay at some digs.

Our work is construction (pre-construction to be specific) so we are allowed.

What are the rules with sharing an apartment? Such as Airbnb.

I would get two hotel rooms, but I cannot live off takeaway for 4 nights, I just need some vegetables!

It’s the same story with lunches, I need a fridge as it’s not going to be cold enough in Bristol.

Cheers!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

If you can book one you would both be in a bubble.

I guess you would travel in one van anyway and work together

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

"Hey, I’m hoping there is someone more knowledgeable than me who can assist here.

I’m working with a guy on site for the next two weeks and we need to stay at some digs.

I would get two hotel rooms, but I cannot live off takeaway for 4 nights, I just need some vegetables!

It’s the same story with lunches, I need a fridge as it’s not going to be cold enough in Bristol.

Cheers!"

You can share. There’s lots of local firms in my area (lodge type places) offering free accommodation to key workers and it’s expected to be shared

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

in a hostel, we're not allowed to share rooms to limit infection and no commercial bookings allowed

takeaways a treat until its 3 times a day for 4 months now

if going to bristol i think the travelodges are closed

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Hotels and Airbnb accommodation is only supposed to be for people in the same household or support bubble. There's no such thing as a work bubble. If sharing a van, you should be following the "additional measures" by wearing masks and keeping the windows open.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Have you sucked each other off yet?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Have you sucked each other off yet?"

Aw ffs you would thing this was a swinging site.....oh hang on..

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

If you are sharing an office/workspace you can share an Airbnb, you're still at work.

By *iguy for funMan  over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

word on the street is that takeaways can contain vegetables.

no idea re overnight staying rules though - soz

"If you are sharing an office/workspace you can share an Airbnb, you're still at work."

Absolute weapons grade horseshit.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"in a hostel, we're not allowed to share rooms to limit infection and no commercial bookings allowed

takeaways a treat until its 3 times a day for 4 months now

if going to bristol i think the travelodges are closed"

Booked wife premier inn £29 a night at Crawley

By *arah_11TV/TS  over a year ago

Yeadon/Leeds

"Hotels and Airbnb accommodation is only supposed to be for people in the same household or support bubble. There's no such thing as a work bubble. If sharing a van, you should be following the "additional measures" by wearing masks and keeping the windows open."

Agree with this. There is no such thing as a work bubble

Just because you work with someone does not mean that you can break other guidelines

If the hotel offers twin rooms do it, they know the rules better than us.

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Hotels and Airbnb accommodation is only supposed to be for people in the same household or support bubble. There's no such thing as a work bubble. If sharing a van, you should be following the "additional measures" by wearing masks and keeping the windows open."

Should there be a work bubble? Maybe it's something the governments missed?

North West

"Hotels and Airbnb accommodation is only supposed to be for people in the same household or support bubble. There's no such thing as a work bubble. If sharing a van, you should be following the "additional measures" by wearing masks and keeping the windows open.

Should there be a work bubble? Maybe it's something the governments missed?"

No, there's absolutely no need for work colleagues to stay overnight etc together. If two or more people need to stay away for work, it's very easy and safest to have separate rooms. Yes it costs more, but so does having your workforce off sick. Sharing a vehicle is also discouraged under the rules for obvious reasons. Basically, in the workplace, we're supposed to stay 2m apart etc and reduce interaction with others. The fact offices (a confined space) have the highest incidence of Covid outbreaks tells us that "bubbling" would only encourage those outbreaks further. Sharing s hotel room is even higher risk than sharing an office. Rooms are usually incredibly small and I've never stayed in a hotel where you can open the windows and get a breeze through it. So no, work bubbles should not be a thing.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Hotels and Airbnb accommodation is only supposed to be for people in the same household or support bubble. There's no such thing as a work bubble. If sharing a van, you should be following the "additional measures" by wearing masks and keeping the windows open.

No. There are already a great range of bubbles that cover situations that are essential and unavoidable. Each member of a bubble connects potentially very easily into a huge web of interconnected families and individuals, where infection can roam.

For many, work is already stopped or heavily changed in how its done, to allow it to continue. If businesses cannot adapt to remove the great risks of their staff and the public, they should join the other organisations, many of whom have not operated at all since last March. A guy wants vegetables for his diet and health but has a limited accommodation budget - if there's insufficient flexibility there, then it's not appropriate to be doing that work, if it means that society carries the burden of the business, via the virus being enabled.

Accommodation providers have rules on which people are allowed to share rooms, which are legally mandated. Individuals have a duty to comply with this, just as employers do for their staff.

North West

Also if employers require staff to stay overnight, they should be paying appropriate subsistence money for food etc, as well as the accommodation in a Covid secure place.

police spoke to me other week in a service station because there was me and the lad who works with me in same van eating a McDonalds lol he said we should have masks on Windows open ect, I told him I only work with him he is the only person out side my household I come into contact with and we have been like this all the way through since March we don't mix with other people on site, eat our dinner in the van have our own portalloo with a padlock on, police man said he was happy with that and said we are in a work bubble and was glad to hear that we aren't mixing with co workers on site and had taken steps to be care full.

Should there be a work bubble? Maybe it's something the governments missed? police spoke to me other week in a service station because there was me and the lad who works with me in same van eating a McDonalds lol he said we should have masks on Windows open ect, I told him I only work with him he is the only person out side my household I come into contact with and we have been like this all the way through since March we don't mix with other people on site, eat our dinner in the van have our own portalloo with a padlock on, police man said he was happy with that and said we are in a work bubble and was glad to hear that we aren't mixing with co workers on site and had taken steps to be care full."

Work bubbles still don't exist, but it sounds like the copper concerned had a realistic outlook on life and was happy that you had taken all reasonable precautions.

By *limBobStretchedPantsMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Hey, I’m hoping there is someone more knowledgeable than me who can assist here.

Cheers!"

Try and look for some serviced accommodation. That way you will get a kitchen and you can cook for yourself. It would be like having a house mate.

Also in construction, and I have to share a place with a colleague for a week to and this is what we are doing.

North West

Cheers!

Try and look for some serviced accommodation. That way you will get a kitchen and you can cook for yourself. It would be like having a house mate.

Also in construction, and I have to share a place with a colleague for a week to and this is what we are doing. "

At least with serviced apartments you'd have your own bedroom (or you should). Sharing a bedroom should be avoided in the current circumstances and it's still the advice that separate accommodation (including bathrooms and kitchens) are what should be provided. It's the employer who should be providing it.

By *arah_11TV/TS  over a year ago

Yeadon/Leeds

Should there be a work bubble? Maybe it's something the governments missed? police spoke to me other week in a service station because there was me and the lad who works with me in same van eating a McDonalds lol he said we should have masks on Windows open ect, I told him I only work with him he is the only person out side my household I come into contact with and we have been like this all the way through since March we don't mix with other people on site, eat our dinner in the van have our own portalloo with a padlock on, police man said he was happy with that and said we are in a work bubble and was glad to hear that we aren't mixing with co workers on site and had taken steps to be care full."

Just because a policeman said it, it doesn't mean that it is correct or true. As someone else as said it sounds like he's listened and decided not to take action

Work bubbles do not exist

The employer should have a risk assessment in place regarding your covid safe practices

If you are the employer and don't then...

Good luck to you and your colleague. If one family gets covid then likely both will

Could be worse you could be travelling 3 hours per day to work and back with 4 in the van.

"Could be worse you could be travelling 3 hours per day to work and back with 4 in the van."

You could be.

But you shouldn't be. Absolutely no excuse, shit management and should be fined / closed down.

"Could be worse you could be travelling 3 hours per day to work and back with 4 in the van."

And we wonder why numbers aren’t going down fast ...

I suspect most of the lack of significant reduction in cases is workplace transmission and then onwards into homes (and then onward with various support/childcare bubbles and the much higher number of kids in schools).

Just hope employers are taking the measures seriously.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Could be worse you could be travelling 3 hours per day to work and back with 4 in the van.

And we wonder why numbers aren’t going down fast ...

I suspect most of the lack of significant reduction in cases is workplace transmission and then onwards into homes (and then onward with various support/childcare bubbles and the much higher number of kids in schools).

Just hope employers are taking the measures seriously. "

It's tragic that almost a year after this started, right when we've been having the worst hospitalisations, deaths etc, that businesses are treating this as if they've not heard of it.

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

If you follow good hygiene and dont snuggle up on the sofa, separate rooms.. Its no different to sharing an office space with distanced desks etc.

People have had covid in the same household and not caught it.

Legally, I'm not sure but there are exemptions for essential workers.

Your company should be able to advise.. They will have recent protocol, legalities and policy.

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

I don't know what your company is like but they should cover your extra costs for traveling separately

Cheers!"

Could you both get tested beforehand?

North West

Cheers!

Could you both get tested beforehand? "

That's not 100% foolproof though. One could be in the very early stages of infection where the virus is less likely to be detected (false negative) or one could contract it during the course of their stay (from a shop, workplace etc) and then pass it to the other.

In the current circumstances, employers should be providing separate accommodation, including separate bathrooms and kitchens.

Cheers!

That's not 100% foolproof though. One could be in the very early stages of infection where the virus is less likely to be detected (false negative) or one could contract it during the course of their stay (from a shop, workplace etc) and then pass it to the other.

In the current circumstances, employers should be providing separate accommodation, including separate bathrooms and kitchens."

Agree its not foolproof but nothing is if you need to work.

North West

Cheers!

In the current circumstances, employers should be providing separate accommodation, including separate bathrooms and kitchens.

Agree its not foolproof but nothing is if you need to work. "

The employer will unfortunately have to do what many other employers have had to do (like my own) and foot the extra cost of keeping their staff safe. It'd be bad business sense to have two sick staff and even worse, two dead staff.

What an absolute clown thread. No wonder we are in shit. Just made up nonsense... people making up their own rules because they think it's OK.

National lockdown the rules are STAY AT HOME. fuck my life.

Your employer should have covid risk assessment in place. And these don't include eating McDonald's in your van, make believe work bubbles... it's only us, or I need a fridge.

OP I suggest the real question is how do you eat healthy on your own! To which the answer is easier.

Plus have you sucked each other off yet?

Should there be a work bubble? Maybe it's something the governments missed? police spoke to me other week in a service station because there was me and the lad who works with me in same van eating a McDonalds lol he said we should have masks on Windows open ect, I told him I only work with him he is the only person out side my household I come into contact with and we have been like this all the way through since March we don't mix with other people on site, eat our dinner in the van have our own portalloo with a padlock on, police man said he was happy with that and said we are in a work bubble and was glad to hear that we aren't mixing with co workers on site and had taken steps to be care full.

Just because a policeman said it, it doesn't mean that it is correct or true. As someone else as said it sounds like he's listened and decided not to take action

Work bubbles do not exist

The employer should have a risk assessment in place regarding your covid safe practices

If you are the employer and don't then...

Good luck to you and your colleague. If one family gets covid then likely both will "

He subcontracts to me on a selfemployed basis, no driving license and he has a missus and 2 kids, we discussed him working at the beginning of the first lock down and I left it up to him to chose to work. He decided a grand a week or sit at home and try and claim something of the goverment He choose come to work and as he has no driving licence he has to travel with me and we are both aware if one of us gets covid the other will have it and will have to isolate accordingly.

This is where it boils down to how you/we all take responsibility for our own health etc. I'm also a subcontractor who until recently worked all over the country, but I decided to minimise my work area and only work locally until everything's settled down. I've lost around 40% (maybe more) of my usual work and income because of it, but my family's health is more important than any money. I appreciate everyone's circumstance is different but (and sorry if I sound rude) "I need vegetables" isn't an amazing reason (imo) to risk sharing rooms etc. I personally have worked for a few companies that continue to send their employees away in shared accommodation (and up until very recently, sharing the same room) and I think they're absolute t*****s as they're multimillion pound companies, so it's well within their budget to provide separate rooms. It just adds to the "Builders/Construction workers are numpties" view on us. Sorry for the rant

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Is it not possible to buy a tub of hummus or sour cream dip to eat with celery, carrot and peppers in a hotel room, plus some fruit, to make your takeaway healthier ?

» Add a new message to this topic