FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Pfizer biontech vaccine

Pfizer biontech vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else concerned about receiving the first dose of this vaccine and subsequent rumours that maybe not enough of the vaccine for the 2nd dose 12 weeks later?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yep

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

Yes had it, no not concerned there won't be a second.

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

My 90yr old Mother had her first jab late dec and a follow up was arranged for 3 weeks later in mid Jan.

In early Jan the 2nd jab was cancelled and she has not been given another date.

No as not going to get vaccinated till May, and have faith in the NHS .

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

My gp is doing the jabs three weeks apart all the elderlies in my road have had both ... appears that they’re making their own rules up.

I think now more than ever we just need to keep the faith what’s the alternative refuse the first jab?

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

I’ve had mine.

And no not really, the alternative was not having it all (some seems better than none to me).

And I don’t believer we’ve ever really had a genuine picture of stock issues or availability so until mine gets cancelled, I’ll not listen cos I don’t think anyone posting about stock levels really has a clue haha x

"My gp is doing the jabs three weeks apart all the elderlies in my road have had both ... appears that they’re making their own rules up.

I think now more than ever we just need to keep the faith what’s the alternative refuse the first jab? "

It's not really about refusing the jab though.

As the op said there are serious misgivings about the time lag between jabs of Pfizer. Then add to it what is going on with Europe over the vaccines...

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

In Leeds they have switched to Oxford AstraZeneca now.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Had 1st, not concerned about delay as still following the rules

was lucky enought to have mine done in the first wave so had both with 3 week gap

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

Had my first dose last week due to my job. However, I am now concerned it may not be as efficient (as 2nd dose not due until 1st of April) as it was originally claimed due to government going against the manufacturer's recommendation. Apparently, Pfizer only tested the efficacy of their vaccine when given 21 days (3 weeks) apart, not 12 weeks apart.

"Had my first dose last week due to my job. However, I am now concerned it may not be as efficient (as 2nd dose not due until 1st of April) as it was originally claimed due to government going against the manufacturer's recommendation. Apparently, Pfizer only tested the efficacy of their vaccine when given 21 days (3 weeks) apart, not 12 weeks apart. "
exactly my point..

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

"Had my first dose last week due to my job. However, I am now concerned it may not be as efficient (as 2nd dose not due until 1st of April) as it was originally claimed due to government going against the manufacturer's recommendation. Apparently, Pfizer only tested the efficacy of their vaccine when given 21 days (3 weeks) apart, not 12 weeks apart. exactly my point.."

It is, I hope, still better than not having any vaccine.

"No as not going to get vaccinated till May, and have faith in the NHS ."
I have faith in NHS too..Im a NHS worker! Unfortunately it's out of NHS control as to what happens..thanks to our government who decides

"In Leeds they have switched to Oxford AstraZeneca now. "

They have done that in my local area as well because they are going to start The 2nd vaccines of the Pfizer.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"My gp is doing the jabs three weeks apart all the elderlies in my road have had both ... appears that they’re making their own rules up.

I think now more than ever we just need to keep the faith what’s the alternative refuse the first jab? "

Woohoo! Freethinkers Rock!

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"My 90yr old Mother had her first jab late dec and a follow up was arranged for 3 weeks later in mid Jan.

In early Jan the 2nd jab was cancelled and she has not been given another date."

If their has been a cancellation it's up to the individual to book another appointment as I have been advised for my mother should this happen

There's a couple more vaccines just being released as single dose ones and not needing to be stored in anything other than the normal fridges in GP surgeries. I think this may be be the way forward and the double dose one may not be procured if the EU tries to continue to block its export.

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

What would happen if they gave someone a different jab for the second one

By *est_Mids_Nice_GuyMan  over a year ago

willenhall

I had mine Xmas time and felt like I’d been kicked in the arm by a donkey. But I was fine after that. Was supposed to have my second jab 2 weeks but on the day of the jab it was moved to 12.

I’m getting fed up of having to wear a respirator all the time now

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"There's a couple more vaccines just being released as single dose ones and not needing to be stored in anything other than the normal fridges in GP surgeries. I think this may be be the way forward and the double dose one may not be procured if the EU tries to continue to block its export."

The newer vaccines are likely to become available later in the year. 2 this week have had safety and efficacy data released, showing their success. They still need approval/licensing and their production processes have to be completed and scaled up.

As we can see with these existing vaccines, production and management of their distribution isn't necessarily problem free.

It's concerning that we could be getting problems for those who may have unfulfilled supplies for their 2nd jab. I'm wanting to keep some optimism, despite our year of troubles

By *un guy 30Man  over a year ago

hyde

Any jab is going to be better than none but I think we’re got at least another 6 months of some kind of restitutions

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"What would happen if they gave someone a different jab for the second one "

We're not sure at present. It may prove an effective boost to their initial immunity but there haven't been trials. The vaccines have differences that are greater than if they were just 2 brands of the same product technology. The UK has stated the intention of giving the same vaccines for each shot as their primary goal.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"What would happen if they gave someone a different jab for the second one

We're not sure at present. It may prove an effective boost to their initial immunity but there haven't been trials. The vaccines have differences that are greater than if they were just 2 brands of the same product technology. The UK has stated the intention of giving the same vaccines for each shot as their primary goal. "

As far as I'm aware, there has been zero testing of mix & match vaccination. It might be okay. Or it might give only partial immunity. Or no immunity. Or it might have some drastically horrible effect. Basically nobody knows, and imho it's utterly scandalous for the government to even allow the possibility of this happening, it's effectively an unlicensed human trial of a medical procedure that has been advised against by Pfizer.

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

Just arranged my first today and second due in April so fingers crossed here! No idea which one it's going to be though?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

We're not sure at present. It may prove an effective boost to their initial immunity but there haven't been trials. The vaccines have differences that are greater than if they were just 2 brands of the same product technology. The UK has stated the intention of giving the same vaccines for each shot as their primary goal.

As far as I'm aware, there has been zero testing of mix & match vaccination. It might be okay. Or it might give only partial immunity. Or no immunity. Or it might have some drastically horrible effect. Basically nobody knows, and imho it's utterly scandalous for the government to even allow the possibility of this happening, it's effectively an unlicensed human trial of a medical procedure that has been advised against by Pfizer."

Have the Goverment even made such a suggestion then?

Asked my daughter about this (she'sa GP). She did some checking and reckons would make no difference.

Some of the vaccines are formulated differently but they all trigger your own body to produce antibodies against the virus. It's these antibodies that protect you...not the vaccine itself.

There are NO plans to mix/match anyway.....

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

I’m getting fed up of having to wear a respirator all the time now"

Why will having the second jab stop you needing a respirator ?

"

I’m getting fed up of having to wear a respirator all the time now

Why will having the second jab stop you needing a respirator ?"

I seen that last night and the answer would be no.

Not until the whole of the uk has been inoculated...and when travelling to anywhere outside the uk even after inoculation.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fortunately, the NHS are doing this, rather than the Tories and their pals, so a spectacular fuck up is unlikely.

By *irtyd468Man  over a year ago

North

A doctor on the BBC just answered this very question (yes I know some of you dont like the BBC) He said that there have been no trails for this at the moment but having two different jabs may actually be no bad thing.

I think he said its called a heterologous vaccine but I could be wrong and the spelling may be incorrect.

A doctor on the BBC just answered this very question (yes I know some of you dont like the BBC) He said that there have been no trails for this at the moment but having two different jabs may actually be no bad thing.

I think he said its called a heterologous vaccine but I could be wrong and the spelling may be incorrect.

"

I seen that too ,it was dr tanktop

But there was too many May's about it for me.

By *irtyd468Man  over a year ago

North

But there was too many May's about it for me."

Yes more definitely has to be known before they can even think of doing this.

One thing is sure, there's a lot of speculation and assumptions to news. I find it incredible the leaps some make in their assumptions, usually driven by an agenda or preconceptions. Another driving factor is the need for the immediate. Sadly we don't really live in the immediate though many if us expect and assume it.

Manchester (she/her)

But there was too many May's about it for me."

Yes.

The science of it is way beyond my comprehension. My sense is that now is not the time to experiment

But there was too many May's about it for me.

Yes.

The science of it is way beyond my comprehension. My sense is that now is not the time to experiment"

That is so cute, absolutely adorable.

Manchester (she/her)

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

One dose of the Pfizer vaccine still gives more protection than the two oxford ones put together. About 90% with first dose, the flu vaccine is only ever 40 to 60% efficient so already all of the covid ones are more effective.

The second one only brings it up a few %.

Most new innocculations will be with the Oxford version as there is more availability and logistics is easier.

Scotland has already said no one will be getting two different jabs, your second will be the same as your first.

» Add a new message to this topic