FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 30,000 at Aussie open

30,000 at Aussie open

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Australian tennis going to allow 30,000 daily this is going to be interesting, fingers crossed we can all start getting back to normal soon

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

"Australian tennis going to allow 30,000 daily this is going to be interesting, fingers crossed we can all start getting back to normal soon "

I read this and know for the big rugby league games at the end of last season, half capacity was allowed.

Fair play to Australia who seemed far more organised from the start and have a tracing system that's nimble and can help almost hyper local lockdowns if necessary.

"Australian tennis going to allow 30,000 daily this is going to be interesting, fingers crossed we can all start getting back to normal soon

I read this and know for the big rugby league games at the end of last season, half capacity was allowed.

Fair play to Australia who seemed far more organised from the start and have a tracing system that's nimble and can help almost hyper local lockdowns if necessary. "

They definately got it right closing the borders

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Promising like

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Australian tennis going to allow 30,000 daily this is going to be interesting, fingers crossed we can all start getting back to normal soon

Fair play to Australia who seemed far more organised from the start and have a tracing system that's nimble and can help almost hyper local lockdowns if necessary.

They definately got it right closing the borders "

Imagine having our lives back. Sigh

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

As a island out borders should have been closed in December 2019.

"As a island out borders should have been closed in December 2019. "

I would say as someone who had booked a ticket to south east Asia in mid January and the next day it started breaking out about covid. I could see the impact this was going to put on the world by the end of January...I would say that was the point we should have closed all borders.

But we still had 3 weekly flights coming in directly from wuhan to heathrow....I'm no scientists but it wasn't exactly rocket science to work this out...

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I have friends in Australia and they say there are no restrictions at all currently.

"I have friends in Australia and they say there are no restrictions at all currently."

I have a friend lives out there by look of her pics no restrictions lol! Don't think she can fly back yet though x

By *irtyd468Man  over a year ago

North

Great news . Hopefully the rest of the world will be able to follow suit when it is safe to do so.

I personally would rather stay in a longer lockdown now than come out to early and then having further lockdowns at a later date.

Manchester (she/her)

"I have friends in Australia and they say there are no restrictions at all currently."

My family have a mask mandate after a super super high of 90/100k. So high. So shocking

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I have friends in Australia and they say there are no restrictions at all currently.

My family have a mask mandate after a super super high of 90/100k. So high. So shocking "

Which part of Australia are they in?

My sister lives I. Australia there are restrictions they cannot move accross the country thy have to stay within there boundaries and they still have to be mindful if social distancing to a point otherwise they are living life as before just not able to travel etc.

By *69BANMan  over a year ago

Reading

[Removed by poster at 30/01/21 10:21:11]

By *69BANMan  over a year ago

Reading

"As a island out borders should have been closed in December 2019.

I would say as someone who had booked a ticket to south east Asia in mid January and the next day it started breaking out about covid. I could see the impact this was going to put on the world by the end of January...I would say that was the point we should have closed all borders.

But we still had 3 weekly flights coming in directly from wuhan to heathrow....I'm no scientists but it wasn't exactly rocket science to work this out..."

Absolute poppycock! COVID wasn't declared a pandemic till March and Oz didn't lockdown till 20 March. So Mystic Meg why weren't you working for the WHO if you have such brilliant foresight?

Manchester (she/her)

"I have friends in Australia and they say there are no restrictions at all currently.

My family have a mask mandate after a super super high of 90/100k. So high. So shocking

Which part of Australia are they in?"

Sydney.

Manchester (she/her)

But we still had 3 weekly flights coming in directly from wuhan to heathrow....I'm no scientists but it wasn't exactly rocket science to work this out...

Absolute poppycock! COVID wasn't declared a pandemic till March and Oz didn't lockdown till 20 March. So Mystic Meg why weren't you working for the WHO if you have such brilliant foresight?"

A lot of people were apparently saying "this could be bad". It's not magical foresight when it's happening right in front of your eyes... It's prudence. Might I suggest competence?

Absolute poppycock! COVID wasn't declared a pandemic till March and Oz didn't lockdown till 20 March. So Mystic Meg why weren't you working for the WHO if you have such brilliant foresight?"

Put it this way by the end of January I knew my flight would not be happening...I watched the WHO gobsmacked when they were telling us not to wear masks...I watched the Asian countries get a grip on this.

I was tuned in to what was happening and the smug west wasn't.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Sydney."

There's no sport in Sydney. They got special dispensation for the India test match but the two Sydney domestic teams have played all their games away from Sydney.

Manchester (she/her)

Sydney.

There's no sport in Sydney. They got special dispensation for the India test match but the two Sydney domestic teams have played all their games away from Sydney. "

I said they had a mask mandate, not about sport.

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Sydney."

My family are in Brisbane. I'm so thankful that Australia have taken a hardline with their restrictions, even though it meant I couldn't go there last year and probably not this year. I just want my Dad to survive.

Manchester (she/her)

Sydney.

My family are in Brisbane. I'm so thankful that Australia have taken a hardline with their restrictions, even though it meant I couldn't go there last year and probably not this year. I just want my Dad to survive."

Same, hard same.

It's been harder than ever having family so far away, but I'm so grateful they're not facing the danger that people here are.

"As a island out borders should have been closed in December 2019. "
I'd go as far as last Feb March should have been closed

Manchester (she/her)

"As a island out borders should have been closed in December 2019. I'd go as far as last Feb March should have been closed"

Yes. If Britain can't outperform her former penal colonies, at least she should have taken advantage of their close culture and strong ties to learn from them.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's phenomenal to see the results of other countries and leaders who took intelligent approaches to this virus. We're pretty much at the other end of the spectrum though, when we see the results around the world.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

My brother is in SW Australia.... he sent me photos of his recent wedding... it was lovely to see total normality.... so glad he is there as he suffers with copd and is nearly 70... dont fancy his chances as well over here.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

just over a year on. have the government taken control of our borders and shut them? have they introduced mandatory quarantine to incomming travellers? have they documented arrivals to the country or just waved them through immigration control?

Manchester (she/her)

"just over a year on. have the government taken control of our borders and shut them? have they introduced mandatory quarantine to incomming travellers? have they documented arrivals to the country or just waved them through immigration control? "

We've taken back control!

Apparently.

it wasnt declared it but the rumours were around and other countries suffering with a viral pneumonia from late 2019. I was in Italy and malta in late feb.. and it was declared an issue by then. When I flew in they were testing temperatures.. when I flew home nothing .... even on my way out of Malta they were testing random people

You know that covid existed a long time before it was leaked? China knew about it and rumours were circulating outside of China well before the world had the knowledge to take action.

flights of those who chose to holiday in destinations such as ski-resorts especially italy, along with large sports events and numerous rugby exchange visits were still operating past the lockdown on 23rd march. hundreds of thousands were entering the country since the first recorded case on 29th January with no records being kept. it seemed utterly bizarre at the time and continues to be. the calls for control render using the defence of 'hindsight' as nonsensical.

Manchester (she/her)

Absolute poppycock! COVID wasn't declared a pandemic till March and Oz didn't lockdown till 20 March. So Mystic Meg why weren't you working for the WHO if you have such brilliant foresight?

You know that covid existed a long time before it was leaked? China knew about it and rumours were circulating outside of China well before the world had the knowledge to take action. "

Evidence seems to suggest a few months last I checked.

It takes time for a country to identify a new health problem.

Like, oh, I dunno. The Kent variant?

You know that covid existed a long time before it was leaked? China knew about it and rumours were circulating outside of China well before the world had the knowledge to take action.

Evidence seems to suggest a few months last I checked.

It takes time for a country to identify a new health problem.

Like, oh, I dunno. The Kent variant?"

There's ongoing investigation by the Italians into whether it was known of by China as early as September in 2019, but regardless of that, they definitely knew what was happening and how serious it was by the beginning of December, and yet stilled failed to notify the WHO until the end of December.

What's done is done, however, if it had been handled right in the first place, maybe there would be less corpses.

Manchester (she/her)

Sure.

Like, say, the Kent variant?

"Sure.

Like, say, the Kent variant?"

No, not like the Kent variant. There is a huge difference between a nation who have more possible pandemic scares more than they have holidays, suppressing the information needed by the globe at the beginning of this saga, whilst simultaneously not doing anything to contain it, hence the devastation in italy, and a country who are already dealing with the fallout from that original deceit trying to respond to a variant and actually doing something to contain it to said country and stop it from making the numbers take off like a nasa rocket.

Manchester (she/her)

"Sure.

No, not like the Kent variant. There is a huge difference between a nation who have more possible pandemic scares more than they have holidays, suppressing the information needed by the globe at the beginning of this saga, whilst simultaneously not doing anything to contain it, hence the devastation in italy, and a country who are already dealing with the fallout from that original deceit trying to respond to a variant and actually doing something to contain it to said country and stop it from making the numbers take off like a nasa rocket. "

I mean that's an interesting spin on it.

I think negligence is negligence and the repeated negligence of the British brought about a Kent variant which is responsible for mass death and disability along with economic chaos.

But that's not fair, you cry. How dare you hold Boris to standards. He almost coloured in the lines today, he's doing his best!

"Sure.

No, not like the Kent variant. There is a huge difference between a nation who have more possible pandemic scares more than they have holidays, suppressing the information needed by the globe at the beginning of this saga, whilst simultaneously not doing anything to contain it, hence the devastation in italy, and a country who are already dealing with the fallout from that original deceit trying to respond to a variant and actually doing something to contain it to said country and stop it from making the numbers take off like a nasa rocket.

I mean that's an interesting spin on it.

I think negligence is negligence and the repeated negligence of the British brought about a Kent variant which is responsible for mass death and disability along with economic chaos.

But that's not fair, you cry. How dare you hold Boris to standards. He almost coloured in the lines today, he's doing his best!"

Nah, fuck Boris and his barber too. The man should be kicked into the middle of the Pacific. However, the variant is still just a twist in an ongoing situation that has plans and contingency plans already set up, and not creating more fear without the need may actually turn out to be a good plan. The start being suppressed though, is directly the reason why the virus has ravaged the world so viciously. This is China, they aren't the new kids on the block, they have probably the world's best knowledge base on pandemics and viruses, they would have known super fast that this was a huge danger, and at the very least allowed the rest of the world to be 3 weeks behind it right from the off.

it appears we are now a full year and 3 weeks behind them owing to our disasterous leadership. how long must we wait for the government to start to get a handle on the situation instead of floundering so far behind the curve with knee jerk reactions and u-turns after u-turn

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Australia have not had a domestic case of COVID in 13 days... so the larger audience is a test for things to come......

"Australia have not had a domestic case of COVID in 13 days... so the larger audience is a test for things to come......"

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2264588-australia-clamps-down-in-response-to-cases-of-uk-coronavirus-variant/

A good example of why they are doing so well.

"Australia have not had a domestic case of COVID in 13 days... so the larger audience is a test for things to come......"

Well hate to burst that bubble my sister in Perth has said they are going back to a full lockdown so cases have started again..

"Australia have not had a domestic case of COVID in 13 days... so the larger audience is a test for things to come......

Well hate to burst that bubble my sister in Perth has said they are going back to a full lockdown so cases have started again.. "

it's for 5 days due to what I posted above... it's to stop cases rising , after a security staff tested positive for the new variant from a quarantine hotel. So to stop thr spread western Australia has gone on a 5 day lockdown

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"it appears we are now a full year and 3 weeks behind them owing to our disasterous leadership. how long must we wait for the government to start to get a handle on the situation instead of floundering so far behind the curve with knee jerk reactions and u-turns after u-turn"

The UK has something like 2000 lorry drivers a day arriving without quarantine, the Aussie approach was never going to be possible.

» Add a new message to this topic