FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Contact Tracing Legalities.

Contact Tracing Legalities.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *opsy Rogers OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

I'm aware that not isolating following a positive test may incur a £1000 fine but what is the law surrounding divulging potential contacts when asked?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"I'm aware that not isolating following a positive test may incur a £1000 fine but what is the law surrounding divulging potential contacts when asked?

I don't know . But imagine it's now mandatory you do it .. on the same level as refusing to provide your details or a drugs and alcohol test after an accident etc ..

You can do that of course ..refuse .. but will probably end up down the police station the same as for the other things ..

"

London

"I'm aware that not isolating following a positive test may incur a £1000 fine but what is the law surrounding divulging potential contacts when asked?

I don't know . But imagine it's now mandatory you do it .. on the same level as refusing to provide your details or a drugs and alcohol test after an accident etc ..

You can do that of course ..refuse .. but will probably end up down the police station the same as for the other things ..

"

That's a lot of probables and maybes and there's a whole load of difference between mandatory and law.

Is declining offering your identity or taking a drug or alcohol test illegal?

By *usybee73Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

It's quite laughable as don't even have to give your name to plod when stopped

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

That's a lot of probables and maybes and there's a whole load of difference between mandatory and law.

Is declining offering your identity or taking a drug or alcohol test illegal?"

I believe so yes

London

I believe so yes"

I've just checked and declining to provide your identity is perfectly legal the police can however, arrest you but only under a certain set of circumstances.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you don't give your contact details then the police have every right to find you. After all, what have you got to hide? X

I believe so yes

I've just checked and declining to provide your identity is perfectly legal the police can however, arrest you but only under a certain set of circumstances. "

Very much depends on the circumstances. There are times when refusing details is an offence. There are times when it isn't.

"If you don't give your contact details then the police have every right to find you. After all, what have you got to hide? X"

Sorry meant fine x

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

'you have the right to remain silent'

Thing is if you don't isolate you may get a £1000 fine but if I had to isolate so can't go to work it would cost me quite a bit more than a £1000 to be off work so not really a deterrent luckily I haven't been asked and in fairness I would isolate just to not be a knob.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"

Well I guess if you're meeting people at this current time that you shouldn't I think you have any protection and neither should you.

"'you have the right to remain silent'"

Thats in America

"'you have the right to remain silent'

Thats in America "

You also have a right to remain silent in the UK

[Removed by poster at 30/01/21 18:35:16]

Not in all circumstances

couple, us we him her.

"'you have the right to remain silent'"

Why?

Unless you have something to hide why would you want to stay silent??

"Not in all circumstances "

https://www.gov.uk/police-powers-to-stop-and-search-your-rights

"Not in all circumstances

https://www.gov.uk/police-powers-to-stop-and-search-your-rights"

Yes, thats is in relation to stop and search under s.1 Police and Criminal Evidence Act and similar circumstances.

There are other situations under which you are legally obliged to provide details.

Additionally under Code G of PACE withholding your name/address could give a power if arrest where previously no such power applied.

Yes, thats is in relation to stop and search under s.1 Police and Criminal Evidence Act and similar circumstances.

There are other situations under which you are legally obliged to provide details.

Additionally under Code G of PACE withholding your name/address could give a power if arrest where previously no such power applied.

"

I bow to your superior knowledge. BTW, I'd echo another poster. Why refuse if you have nothing to hide?

I bow to your superior knowledge. BTW, I'd echo another poster. Why refuse if you have nothing to hide?"

I tend to agree x

London

"If you don't give your contact details then the police have every right to find you. After all, what have you got to hide? X"

That's not quite what I was asking though.

London

I bow to your superior knowledge. BTW, I'd echo another poster. Why refuse if you have nothing to hide?"

Because the law supports it?

London

Well I guess if you're meeting people at this current time that you shouldn't I think you have any protection and neither should you."

Ta only I wasnt asking for opinion, I'm trying to find out if it's a law.

Is not divulging potential contacts following a positive C19 test punishable to the same degree as breaking isolation?

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"

It's called . . .

"Playing your part:

if you develop symptoms, you must continue to follow the rules to self-isolate with other members of your household and get a test to find out if you have coronavirus

if you test positive for coronavirus, you must share information promptly and accurately about your recent contacts through NHS Test and Trace to help us alert other people who may need to self-isolate

if you have had close recent contact with someone who has coronavirus, you must self-isolate if NHS Test and Trace advises you to do so

if you are returning from travel abroad it is important to check whether you need to self-isolate

This specific guidance applies in England only. All 4 administrations are working closely together to have a consistent and joined-up approach to testing and tracing."

It is a legal obligation to provide details for contact tracing purposes. If you refuse your case would get escalated to your local authority.

London

It's called . . .

"Playing your part:

if you develop symptoms, you must continue to follow the rules to self-isolate with other members of your household and get a test to find out if you have coronavirus

if you test positive for coronavirus, you must share information promptly and accurately about your recent contacts through NHS Test and Trace to help us alert other people who may need to self-isolate

if you have had close recent contact with someone who has coronavirus, you must self-isolate if NHS Test and Trace advises you to do so

if you are returning from travel abroad it is important to check whether you need to self-isolate

This specific guidance applies in England only. All 4 administrations are working closely together to have a consistent and joined-up approach to testing and tracing.""

Yep, I've read that too, I'm trying to find out the legalities although the word 'guidance' is telling.

There is a mismatch between the civil liberty lobby and the civil responsibility lobby. It has ever been thus.

Interesting question on the legal requirement to disclose contacts. I imagine the new emergency powers will compel you to do so, but I don't know. I shall research it.

London

"It is a legal obligation to provide details for contact tracing purposes. If you refuse your case would get escalated to your local authority. "

Thank you! Are you able to tell me where that info is? I can't find it on the gov.uk site.

"It is a legal obligation to provide details for contact tracing purposes. If you refuse your case would get escalated to your local authority.

Thank you! Are you able to tell me where that info is? I can't find it on the gov.uk site."

I'll PM you x

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

"

It seems a lot of people are just hanging up on Contact Tracing calls. These are positive individuals and Public Health would like to know so the contacts can be informed.

So they are not able to be chased up and the contacts go on to infect more people...

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's an offence to provide false information about contacts. It's morally dubious to let other people be put at risk of death. Each person that's infected by someone can be the first in a long chain of people who get sick, disabled or die. Who'd live with that on their conscience?

If you know you are infected, it's the best thing to do to make contact directly with anyone you think you may have infected. No need to wait for official tracers.

"It is a legal obligation to provide details for contact tracing purposes. If you refuse your case would get escalated to your local authority.

Thank you! Are you able to tell me where that info is? I can't find it on the gov.uk site.

I'll PM you x "

Oh wait can you wink me or something so I can PM you please

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Self-

Isolation) (England) Regulations 2020

Makes it a legal obligation to disclose name of all persons in the same household when you have tested positive or had close contact with a positive test.

London

I'll PM you x

Oh wait can you wink me or something so I can PM you please "

I'm out of your age range.

London

It seems a lot of people are just hanging up on Contact Tracing calls. These are positive individuals and Public Health would like to know so the contacts can be informed.

So they are not able to be chased up and the contacts go on to infect more people..."

Morally, awful but I'm after the legalities.

London

"It's an offence to provide false information about contacts. It's morally dubious to let other people be put at risk of death. Each person that's infected by someone can be the first in a long chain of people who get sick, disabled or die. Who'd live with that on their conscience?

If you know you are infected, it's the best thing to do to make contact directly with anyone you think you may have infected. No need to wait for official tracers. "

Thanks Sophie. Could you tell me where that info is please?

"The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Self-

Makes it a legal obligation to disclose name of all persons in the same household when you have tested positive or had close contact with a positive test."

I was just going to say this.

Obviously is difficult to know if somebody breeches this but I do think we all have a moral obligation to do so.

London

"The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Self-

Makes it a legal obligation to disclose name of all persons in the same household when you have tested positive or had close contact with a positive test."

Thanks Jennie, I'll have a dig around now.

Why?

Unless you have something to hide why would you want to stay silent??"

i didn't say you should. i was merely mentioning what ones rights are.

I'll PM you x

Oh wait can you wink me or something so I can PM you please

I'm out of your age range."

Oh, sorry. Try again now x

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Why?

Unless you have something to hide why would you want to stay silent??

i didn't say you should. i was merely mentioning what ones rights are.

"

Because onus of the prosecution is to prove guilt, the accused is not required to prove their innocence. Strategically it makes far more sense to say nothing in the beginning until fully aware of the case against

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Not in all circumstances "

You do actually "have the right to remain silent" in all circumstances relating to the police. It is rarely the correct action, but it is definitely "a right". Most of the time, refusing to cooperate is just going to waste a load of your own time.

If you are suspected of involvement in a crime, you will be detained until your identity can be ascertained.

[Removed by poster at 30/01/21 19:43:46]

"It's quite laughable as don't even have to give your name to plod when stopped"

You do if you are the driver of a motor vehicle, but if not, you are correct you don’t

You do actually "have the right to remain silent" in all circumstances relating to the police. It is rarely the correct action, but it is definitely "a right". Most of the time, refusing to cooperate is just going to waste a load of your own time.

If you are suspected of involvement in a crime, you will be detained until your identity can be ascertained.

"

that actually depends on many factors.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

that actually depends on many factors. "

Which are?

mostly wether the police can be bothered

Refusing to give details to Track & Trace whatever the punishment might be highlights that you have no respect for your friends, family or indeed any Human Being - in a nutshell - a Low Life!

"It's quite laughable as don't even have to give your name to plod when stopped

You do if you are the driver of a motor vehicle, but if not, you are correct you don’t"

Also if you are believed to be acting in an anti social manner or it is believed that your presence in an area is likely to contribute to alcohol related disorder

in the sticks

You do if you are the driver of a motor vehicle, but if not, you are correct you don’t

Also if you are believed to be acting in an anti social manner or it is believed that your presence in an area is likely to contribute to alcohol related disorder "

Same as anywhere, they have to charge you to get anywhere close ... under the specific act

in the sticks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-55842241

Also if you are believed to be acting in an anti social manner or it is believed that your presence in an area is likely to contribute to alcohol related disorder

Same as anywhere, they have to charge you to get anywhere close ... under the specific act "

Not true. Charging is the very last stage

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

So let's get this right.

Some people believe that if you test positive the £1000 penalty is a risk worth taking for continuing to spread the virus and killing people.

Other people believe that if you test positive, you should not inform the track and trace people of close contacts so that they can still potentially spread the virus and kill people.

And I bet they are the same idiots who say that the Government is mis-managing the crisis.

"So let's get this right.

Some people believe that if you test positive the £1000 penalty is a risk worth taking for continuing to spread the virus and killing people.

Other people believe that if you test positive, you should not inform the track and trace people of close contacts so that they can still potentially spread the virus and kill people.

And I bet they are the same idiots who say that the Government is mis-managing the crisis."

Bravo

London

And I bet they are the same idiots who say that the Government is mis-managing the crisis."

Who said they wouldn't inform track and trace about contacts?

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

And I bet they are the same idiots who say that the Government is mis-managing the crisis.

Who said they wouldn't inform track and trace about contacts?"

Interesting.....but why would you be asking about the legalities unless you are looking at the consequences of not doing so?

London

Interesting.....but why would you be asking about the legalities unless you are looking at the consequences of not doing so?"

Gosh, making such gross assumptions!

A lot of comments about powers to penalise those who refuse to provide contact details. The thing is how are the authorities expected to know that you have had any close contacts in the first place.

couple, us we him her.

Interesting.....but why would you be asking about the legalities unless you are looking at the consequences of not doing so?

Gosh, making such gross assumptions! "

But still don't understand why you are protesting so much if you have done nothing wrong?

I work with people who think this.

One colleague gleefully said if track and trace contacted her (as being a close contact of someone who tested positive), she would only isolate if she had symptoms.

"A lot of comments about powers to penalise those who refuse to provide contact details. The thing is how are the authorities expected to know that you have had any close contacts in the first place."

London

But still don't understand why you are protesting so much if you have done nothing wrong?"

I don't understand why you're making massive assumptions. It was a simple question and I owe you no explanation to the back story.

Is it really beyond your imagination to consider that there may be reasons other than the single one you have stated or are you fixated on the negative?

"It's quite laughable as don't even have to give your name to plod when stopped"

It's not laughable, there are a few videos circulating of them pulling up on people and attempting to nick them if they don't give a name or aren't able to prove why they are in that given area.

But still don't understand why you are protesting so much if you have done nothing wrong?

I don't understand why you're making massive assumptions. It was a simple question and I owe you no explanation to the back story.

Is it really beyond your imagination to consider that there may be reasons other than the single one you have stated or are you fixated on the negative?"

They are fixated (id say addicted) on the negative, these threads are full of people that twist a simple question into their own narrative so they can point fingers. Same sort of people that would probably assign rule breaking to a random neighbour because they heard loud music and have them bothered by the police.

stafford

Far too many barrack room lawyers in here and students from the 90s poll tax days gibbering in about ' rights'

Don't you understand it's up to everyone to make eachother safe ? It's also I suggest everyone's responsibility to assist the emergency services any way they can and take away a bit if the stress that comes from living in these times

Frankly refusing to give your details thus leading to an arrest and then taking an officer out from being able to do some other kind of police work ?

And as for deliberately obstructing anything Covid related? Words fail me!

You should all probably need to grow up a bit and act like adults I'd say !

stafford

'you have the right to remain silent'

Thats in America

You also have a right to remain silent in the

You do but by doing so you pretty much admit your guilt

Let's have it right!!??

The reality is they can only take your word for it.

I tested positive last year. They called me up went through where I'd been on the days leading up to my test, who I was in contact with etc.

I don't see how they would have known or been able to prove if I omitted anything during that phone call. (I didn't)

I'm gonna say this, having spoken to trace and trace myself and had 5 other family members dealing with them. a total waste of time , chocolate fire guard springs to mind.

» Add a new message to this topic