FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lockdown blues

Lockdown blues

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Definitely starting to feel a lot the lockdown blues ! Seems like never ending ...

How are you guys doing mentally? Are you coping?

Anyone out there , do let it out

Xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some days are better than others.

Thanks for asking x

By *lackCherry...Woman  over a year ago

North East

I'll be honest im struggling at the moment. Hard to be in a good head space when it just never ends. I miss adult company

Welcome to the new normal

I've been struggling to even go out for a walk

By *oungJayyMan  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Struggling a little, missing the social interaction and intimacy of others thy

"I'll be honest im struggling at the moment. Hard to be in a good head space when it just never ends. I miss adult company "

I totally feel u!! Sending big hugs

It is really hard mentally to be isolated and also seeing the days kinda merge altogether ...

Literally been joking on vid call with some friends how I’d need to book a therapist at the end of this ...

Not sure if it’s just a joke anymore ...

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Still working as did in 1st and 2nd lockdown but it is beginning to get to me now. Almost 12 mths of being told what we can and cant do or see. No social life.even have to go shopping alone

But hopefully all worth it WHEN we get back to normal

K

By *istyblue1967Man  over a year ago

manchester

just pissed off

im lucky im still working during the week

but weekend comes and its just rubbish

"Still working as did in 1st and 2nd lockdown but it is beginning to get to me now. Almost 12 mths of being told what we can and cant do or see. No social life.even have to go shopping alone

But hopefully all worth it WHEN we get back to normal

K "

Hoping this is the tail end of this... thinking that lockdown 1+2+3 equals more than 150 days (and counting).. oh my ...

totally mentally fatigued

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I am working full time so just taking one day at a time and only looking forward one day as I mark the day off the calendar, that helps me not despair too much

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Was always bored from the start just getting used to having no life ,

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I make each day as memorable as possible, though also have a routine, that seems to help my sanity.

Short bits of exercise are better than none.

By *iguy for funMan  over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

i'm ok at the moment - massively better than in Mar - June. Working home really did my head in and returning to the office massively helped. I have started going to bed earlier in the eve's although to read rather than go to sleep so there might something in this blue light before bed thing that people talk about. possibly helps footy is still on tv.

Not sure why though as I live alone in a two up two down with no garden and am now on notice for potential redundancy and can't massively see that i could get another job.

By *aul happyMan  over a year ago

tilgate crawley

its a rollercoaster

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

I’m relocating. Using lockdown to formulate my escape plan.

Had enough. Getting out of this shit hole as soon as I can fly.

"its a rollercoaster "

Totally. A standstill rollercoaster

"I've been struggling to even go out for a walk "

im the same, curtains closed ignoring the phone work during the week and sleep at the weekend

for some reason total avoidance of the outside and people is the easiest way for me to cope

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Up and down like it is for most I guess

I look forward to the weekend after work all week, then im like what now , can't do anything just sit around

"I've been struggling to even go out for a walk

im the same, curtains closed ignoring the phone work during the week and sleep at the weekend

for some reason total avoidance of the outside and people is the easiest way for me to cope "

I wish I could ignore my phone but my mother would be calling me umpteen times a day. I have to force myself to even take my rubbish out to my bin. I feel safer inside and don't want to be round anyone

Some days can be hard but I cope better when at work

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Getting fatter.

for some reason total avoidance of the outside and people is the easiest way for me to cope

I wish I could ignore my phone but my mother would be calling me umpteen times a day. I have to force myself to even take my rubbish out to my bin. I feel safer inside and don't want to be round anyone"

ive been getting a hard time for it but never been a close family anyway would have gone months without talking before so i can cope with ignoring it once a week or so now

i find its just easier to pretend the outside doesnt exist until im actually allowed to rejoin it properly

I wish I could ignore my phone but my mother would be calling me umpteen times a day. I have to force myself to even take my rubbish out to my bin. I feel safer inside and don't want to be round anyone

ive been getting a hard time for it but never been a close family anyway would have gone months without talking before so i can cope with ignoring it once a week or so now

i find its just easier to pretend the outside doesnt exist until im actually allowed to rejoin it properly"

I can understand that. I'm not that close to mine but they don't understand anything I'm going through. I suffered an awful break up last May so of course that made lockdown even worse but this time round just seems different and there are just things I can't and won't discuss with my mother. She just wouldn't get it

"Getting fatter."

I’ve definitely increased my snacking in this third round of lockdown. The only thing that kind of fills the void inside of me lol

By *ower Couple - NorfolkCouple  over a year ago

The Annex

I’m getting such an itchy hand... need to flog someone!!

Frustration is awful..

I am taking it one day at a time.

Some days are better than others, but every day feels like a Sunday, and not in a good way. I am furloughed so have lost track of the days.

By *LAchillesMan  over a year ago

Near Ross

I miss hugging people.

I REALLY miss hugging people!

By *irtydevil666Man  over a year ago

bristol

Good days bad days

What i find the hardest is seeing how well others are coping...doing Joe wicks...baking cakes...home schooling easy....fuck off,its hard enough being a single parent in normal times.....I have gone weeks without actual adult contact..thats not a phone call

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I would say I'm I'm doing average. I don't feel full of joy or fulfilled, but I'm trying to get through each day day by day. Everyday feels like groundhog Day and I feel like I'm in limbo, but I still have food on the table and am managing to heat my house.

I'm very grateful for the things I have, I just feel quite 'empty' about everything.

By *iss InnocenceWoman  over a year ago

Coventry/Bristol

Am a single mum who work 3-4 days a week doing 12.5 shifts and work with a lovely bunch of girls but I can’t get motivated on my days off to do anything

Just sit on sofa watching Netflix’s but couldn’t tell u what I watched as it just a blurry.

Am missing see my friends and their kids

Feel sorry for my son beening on his own all the time in room weather am at home or work he just stays in his room

I only seen my family once since this all started last March as we live in different city’s

I only meet my niece once since she was born last May and my Nephew twice

We video call but it’s not the same

By *iss InnocenceWoman  over a year ago

Coventry/Bristol

Everyday is Groundhog Day

Got 2 weeks holiday coming up but can’t go anywhere Shuld be going Tenerife for the halftime with friends but that’s out the window. every time I’ve had annual leave the past year it’s been a waste of time as been in lockdown it’s just a waste of holiday time

Im quite enjoying the steadier pace of life to be honest so I'm not actually minding the restrictions at all, looking forward to them been lifted and getting back to normal life when we can tho but in the mean time quite like it been going on some lovely walks with my dog instead of the normal routes had a lot less hang overs and it's given me abit of time to think and reflect about how I'm going to lead my life in the future and the changes I'm going to make. I do work a hell of a lot so lock down hasn't nearly been as hard on me as a lot of people forced to stay home all the time so I have had a bit of a blinkers look at lock down.

By *ames_LondonMan  over a year ago

Deal

I went fitness mad in the previous lockdown but I don’t enjoy running etc particularly, it was just something to do. This time I’m not leaving the house, just working and sleeping. I am worried that we have a lot more of this to come.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

"Im quite enjoying the steadier pace of life to be honest so I'm not actually minding the restrictions at all, looking forward to them been lifted and getting back to normal life when we can tho but in the mean time quite like it been going on some lovely walks with my dog instead of the normal routes had a lot less hang overs and it's given me abit of time to think and reflect about how I'm going to lead my life in the future and the changes I'm going to make. I do work a hell of a lot so lock down hasn't nearly been as hard on me as a lot of people forced to stay home all the time so I have had a bit of a blinkers look at lock down. "

It’s good you think that, but, things aren’t going to be normal here for years reading between the lines. They keep moving the goal posts. Remember last March, it was for just 3 weeks... then it’ll all be over by Christmas. It’ll never end. They’re talking about restrictions being in place for another 2-3 years. The government are Sage’s puppets and orchestrating everything. They’re enjoying themselves and the power way to much now to let this go anytime soon.

The U.K. is a sinking ship at the moment and no place to be for the foreseeable. If and when you can I’d get the hell out of here if you want some semblance of a normal life any time soon.

"Im quite enjoying the steadier pace of life to be honest so I'm not actually minding the restrictions at all, looking forward to them been lifted and getting back to normal life when we can tho but in the mean time quite like it been going on some lovely walks with my dog instead of the normal routes had a lot less hang overs and it's given me abit of time to think and reflect about how I'm going to lead my life in the future and the changes I'm going to make. I do work a hell of a lot so lock down hasn't nearly been as hard on me as a lot of people forced to stay home all the time so I have had a bit of a blinkers look at lock down.

It’s good you think that, but, things aren’t going to be normal here for years reading between the lines. They keep moving the goal posts. Remember last March, it was for just 3 weeks... then it’ll all be over by Christmas. It’ll never end. They’re talking about restrictions being in place for another 2-3 years. The government are Sage’s puppets and orchestrating everything. They’re enjoying themselves and the power way to much now to let this go anytime soon.

The U.K. is a sinking ship at the moment and no place to be for the foreseeable. If and when you can I’d get the hell out of here if you want some semblance of a normal life any time soon. "

That's a nice and cheery reply lol. Must add I don't watch/ read the news or actively find anything out ignorance is bliss and me knowing bout the future won't help anyone especially me so think I will just stay positive and carry on as Iam.

"Definitely starting to feel a lot the lockdown blues ! Seems like never ending ...

How are you guys doing mentally? Are you coping?

Anyone out there , do let it out

Xx "

Super tough to be honest. Work has been horrendous and there’s no respite in a home life that is all about the mundane and keeping going.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Im quite enjoying the steadier pace of life to be honest so I'm not actually minding the restrictions at all, looking forward to them been lifted and getting back to normal life when we can tho but in the mean time quite like it been going on some lovely walks with my dog instead of the normal routes had a lot less hang overs and it's given me abit of time to think and reflect about how I'm going to lead my life in the future and the changes I'm going to make. I do work a hell of a lot so lock down hasn't nearly been as hard on me as a lot of people forced to stay home all the time so I have had a bit of a blinkers look at lock down.

The U.K. is a sinking ship at the moment and no place to be for the foreseeable. If and when you can I’d get the hell out of here if you want some semblance of a normal life any time soon. "

There will be changes yes, it's a global pandemic and as we've seen with new variants it's a flexible situation..

Who is talking about restrictions being in place for 2-3 years, have they said what they may be, do you have a reputable source for this claim?

Tbh mate if you feel that way just go..

"I went fitness mad in the previous lockdown but I don’t enjoy running etc particularly, it was just something to do. This time I’m not leaving the house, just working and sleeping. I am worried that we have a lot more of this to come. "

I feel that, I didn’t particularly go crazy with fitness in the first lockdown but was inspired to work on myself, be more creative etc, a time to be able to get to do more about the self development...

Fast forward to now and I’m totally drained and can’t seem to be able to have the same energy.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Without wishing to generalise, it seems we and a lot of our introverted friends are coping a lot more successfully with lockdown than most of our more extroverted friends. There will probably be psychology papers written on this in the years to come.

It's in interesting subject to be sure, and if I try to analyse the groups, some certain similarities are evident.

***Introverted Friends (15+ couples)***

- All share multiple shared common hobbies, many quite esoteric and time-consuming, several collaborative across multiple groups.

- Leisure time spent on hobbies

- Not very big on going out

- Pretty much to a person, strong LGBTQIA+ supporters/members

- Very keen on news/current affairs, not just domestically but internationally as well

- 95% Pagan/Atheist/Agnostic/Humanist

- Definitely not Conservative. Very left learning and EU supporting.

- Non-mainstream lifestyles

- Mostly high-income, uni-educated, some multiple doctorates.

- Frightfully middle-class

- Perhaps 2/15 couples with children. Rest do not have children nor want them.

- Above average prevalence of mental health issues.

- Average age 40-50

***Extroverted Friends (4-5 couples)***

- Traditional hobbies

- Leisure time spent with family and TV mostly

- Big on going out

- Average awareness of domestic affairs. Little to no awareness of international affairs.

- 1-2 Christian. Rest Agnostic.

- Mostly Conservative. Some far-right. Some middle ground.

- Mainstream lifestyles

- Mid to high income. Some uni-educated.

- Middle-class

- About average prevalence of mental health issues, though it appears to be increasing in this group due to lockdown.

- All have children.

- Average age 40-50

Now, let me make one thing clear. I'm not roasting either group. Just pointing out the different socio-economic groups I mix with. We all mix in different circles.

But I felt it interesting to compare the two in response to how different groups I know are dealing with the lockdown.

To be fair, both groups are suffering from lockdown issues, and exacerbations in some mostly dormant and well-controlled anti-social behaviours are rising, but as a whole the first group seem to be suffering less in general.

Since lockdown, we're barely kept in contact with the second group, but regularly speak/zoom/online game with the former group.

I've tried to think why that is, and the second group we find very hard to relate to. We feel they and us struggle to find things to say to each other. They are not adroit with technology as much as the first group and we surmise they have enough on their plate with families to deal with.

But yes, the difference in how groups within our own circles deal with things is striking.

By *hinChin40Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Keep it strong everyone can’t be much longer now

"Without wishing to generalise, it seems we and a lot of our introverted friends are coping a lot more successfully with lockdown than most of our more extroverted friends. There will probably be psychology papers written on this in the years to come.

It's in interesting subject to be sure, and if I try to analyse the groups, some certain similarities are evident.

***Introverted Friends (15+ couples)***

- All share multiple shared common hobbies, many quite esoteric and time-consuming, several collaborative across multiple groups.

- Leisure time spent on hobbies

- Not very big on going out

- Pretty much to a person, strong LGBTQIA+ supporters/members

- Very keen on news/current affairs, not just domestically but internationally as well

- 95% Pagan/Atheist/Agnostic/Humanist

- Definitely not Conservative. Very left learning and EU supporting.

- Non-mainstream lifestyles

- Mostly high-income, uni-educated, some multiple doctorates.

- Frightfully middle-class

- Perhaps 2/15 couples with children. Rest do not have children nor want them.

- Above average prevalence of mental health issues.

- Average age 40-50

***Extroverted Friends (4-5 couples)***

- Traditional hobbies

- Leisure time spent with family and TV mostly

- Big on going out

- Average awareness of domestic affairs. Little to no awareness of international affairs.

- 1-2 Christian. Rest Agnostic.

- Mostly Conservative. Some far-right. Some middle ground.

- Mainstream lifestyles

- Mid to high income. Some uni-educated.

- Middle-class

- About average prevalence of mental health issues, though it appears to be increasing in this group due to lockdown.

- All have children.

- Average age 40-50

Now, let me make one thing clear. I'm not roasting either group. Just pointing out the different socio-economic groups I mix with. We all mix in different circles.

But I felt it interesting to compare the two in response to how different groups I know are dealing with the lockdown.

To be fair, both groups are suffering from lockdown issues, and exacerbations in some mostly dormant and well-controlled anti-social behaviours are rising, but as a whole the first group seem to be suffering less in general.

Since lockdown, we're barely kept in contact with the second group, but regularly speak/zoom/online game with the former group.

I've tried to think why that is, and the second group we find very hard to relate to. We feel they and us struggle to find things to say to each other. They are not adroit with technology as much as the first group and we surmise they have enough on their plate with families to deal with.

But yes, the difference in how groups within our own circles deal with things is striking."

i find this post and the conclusions drawn in it completely bizarre but i think to avoid making assumptions about your assumptions all ill say is that there appears to be alot of personal bias in this and actually to an outsider it sounds like you just ditched the friends who were not sharing your exact lockdown experience and might have needed a bit more support (and i am not one of the households stuck at home with kids so thats not from a bitter place)

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Other than perhaps NZ or possibly China there's nowhere else to go.. We are all in same boat.. And everyone is looking at restrictions for the next two or three years.. That's just how it is.. So we all just need to buckle up and learn how to live with it I would say..

You aren't or indeed anyone is nt going to be able to change things

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"

i find this post and the conclusions drawn in it completely bizarre but i think to avoid making assumptions about your assumptions all ill say is that there appears to be alot of personal bias in this and actually to an outsider it sounds like you just ditched the friends who were not sharing your exact lockdown experience and might have needed a bit more support (and i am not one of the households stuck at home with kids so thats not from a bitter place) "

Sorry, I did veer off the original tangent somewhat. You are absolutely right, there is an unintentional personal bias, because I'm the only one doing the sampling within my own echo-chamber.

You're right, re-reading it does looks we ditched certain friends. If I can elucidate further, the second group are more acquaintances we'd see twice or so a year. We just tend to hear from them via others second-hand I suppose. Sorry for the confusion.

"What i find the hardest is seeing how well others are coping...doing Joe wicks...baking cakes...home schooling easy....fuck off,its hard enough being a single parent in normal times.....I have gone weeks without actual adult contact..thats not a phone call"

Are they coping? Or are they putting a smiley face on things to hide the absolute shit show that their life is behind closed doors.

I know some people who are. It's their way of coping though. They post happy pics on Facebook but in reality they're on the edge and really struggling. X

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Had a bit of a wobble last month thinking i can put up with this shit any longer.but then thought to myself i got roof over my head food in my stomach and all the comforts i need so what have i really got to moan about

"

i find this post and the conclusions drawn in it completely bizarre but i think to avoid making assumptions about your assumptions all ill say is that there appears to be alot of personal bias in this and actually to an outsider it sounds like you just ditched the friends who were not sharing your exact lockdown experience and might have needed a bit more support (and i am not one of the households stuck at home with kids so thats not from a bitter place)

Sorry, I did veer off the original tangent somewhat. You are absolutely right, there is an unintentional personal bias, because I'm the only one doing the sampling within my own echo-chamber.

You're right, re-reading it does looks we ditched certain friends. If I can elucidate further, the second group are more acquaintances we'd see twice or so a year. We just tend to hear from them via others second-hand I suppose. Sorry for the confusion."

fair enough, i think if you only see each other a couple of times a year the motivation to try keep up virtually now is low , especially when everyones chat is “what you been up to since we last spoke , eh wee bit of diy and moved from bedroom to kitchen and back again”

i think many of us feel like the most boring version of ourselves just now as most of the interesting parts of our lives have been stripped away

its also hard to not have personal bias which i think you see alot on the “are people complying with lockdown threads” some of us only see really high compliance and others feel like nobody around them are following the rules , we naturally then assume that is replicated across the country

» Add a new message to this topic