FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Tested positive 7 days after a vaccinne ?

Tested positive 7 days after a vaccinne ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ohn n jodie OP   Couple (MM)  over a year ago

warrington

Mum had vaccinne 9 days ago, , now got a positive result back yesterday ? Can the vaccinne have contributed to this and must she still follow track and trace isolation etc to the letter ? Doesnt the vaccinne contain a small amount of the virus which coukd lead to a " positive" result ? She has no symptoms and has had no contact since vaccination

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Mum had vaccinne 9 days ago, , now got a positive result back yesterday ? Can the vaccinne have contributed to this and must she still follow track and trace isolation etc to the letter ? Doesnt the vaccinne contain a small amount of the virus which coukd lead to a " positive" result ? She has no symptoms and has had no contact since vaccination"

I am not a doctor but sounds very unlikely the vaccine made your mum positive, as theres just an information of the virus in the vaccine (not the actual virus), also I think they body takes 3 weeks to build up enough resistance ... she probably caught it somewhere, maybe even the hospital when she went to get vaccinated! Who knows!

Also there might be a chance she’s a false positive?

Has she tested negative before the vaccine? If so, how close before?

It could be that she was already positive at the time of being vaccinated if she’s asymptomatic and wasn’t tested prior.

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

Vaccine will not cause a positive test.

Vaccine takes 14 to 21 days to start working.

So can contract covid in the meantime

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

The recommendations are the first dose takes up to 21 days to help the bodies immune system, it does not mean a person can't catch and spread it after that and after the second dose..

She could have caught it before or likely within days of the jab..

Not saying it's the case with this person but we know a friend's patent caught it also within ten days as they visited someone not yet vaccinated..

"Has she tested negative before the vaccine? If so, how close before?

It could be that she was already positive at the time of being vaccinated if she’s asymptomatic and wasn’t tested prior."

Exactly! Takes 4-5 days for the virus to replicate lots in the body so yes, also this!

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

If she has no symptoms why did she have the test?

warrington

Two days before vaccine she tested negative , what im wondering is do i now have to isolate for 10 days or is it likely to be a dodgy test ( i had covid in july )

warrington

"If she has no symptoms why did she have the test?"
she has a weekly test through her job , also got the vaccine through her job , thanks for your concern

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"Two days before vaccine she tested negative , what im wondering is do i now have to isolate for 10 days or is it likely to be a dodgy test ( i had covid in july ) "
If she testes positive she has to isolate or get another test.

in Lancashire

"Two days before vaccine she tested negative , what im wondering is do i now have to isolate for 10 days or is it likely to be a dodgy test ( i had covid in july ) "

If you're in the criteria etc then yes the rules apply..

warrington

If second test is negative are we all ok not to isolate

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"If she has no symptoms why did she have the test? she has a weekly test through her job , also got the vaccine through her job , thanks for your concern"

Is it a lateral flow test from her job, we have to book a test if we throw a positive to confirm its not a false positive

The vaccine doesn't stop you catching covid and spreading it...it just reduces the chances of dying from it

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

If she has a weekly test then she must be in a job with a high risk of catching it

warrington

"If she has no symptoms why did she have the test? she has a weekly test through her job , also got the vaccine through her job , thanks for your concern

Is it a lateral flow test from her job, we have to book a test if we throw a positive to confirm its not a false positive"

no it was not a lateral flow test,shes been told the tack and trace as already kicked in now so pointless re testing and the 10 day isolation will apply regardless

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

There’s a small chance it’s a false positive. It does happen.

If you’ve been around her, you would be a contact and have to isolate, I reckon. They would probably disregard your own positive test given it was that long ago.

Worth mentioning if/when you or your mother is contacted though.

warrington

"Two days before vaccine she tested negative , what im wondering is do i now have to isolate for 10 days or is it likely to be a dodgy test ( i had covid in july )

There’s a small chance it’s a false positive. It does happen.

If you’ve been around her, you would be a contact and have to isolate, I reckon. They would probably disregard your own positive test given it was that long ago.

Worth mentioning if/when you or your mother is contacted though."

cheers

No you cannot contract the virus from the vaccine; it doesn’t contain the virus at all.

It can take 7-10 days from the date of injection to get some protection and maximum protection wouldn’t happen until 7-10 days after the second injection.

Hope she’s feeling ok.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"If she has no symptoms why did she have the test?"
they are encouraging people to be tested if asymptomatic in many places. I'm being tested 2 to 3 times a week currently.

And to answer the op. No the vaccine can not give you covid as it's not a live virus and it can take few weeks to give you any immunity,and even then it doesn't stop you catching it or spreading it...just limits the symptoms

warrington

Shes fine at the moment , lives on her own , woukd anyone who has been within 2 metres of her have to isolate or even in the same house?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The recommendations are the first dose takes up to 21 days to help the bodies immune system, it does not mean a person can't catch and spread it after that and after the second dose..

She could have caught it before or likely within days of the jab..

Not saying it's the case with this person but we know a friend's patent caught it also within ten days as they visited someone not yet vaccinated.."

Agreed.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Regardless of when somebody had the vaccine they can still contract covid, they are just unlikely to have a strong symptoms once the vaccine is active, and they are also less likely to be a burden on the NHS.

Having the vaccine will make no difference (as far as I'm aware) to somebody actually catching covid

Takes 3wks for vaccine to be effective.

Also theres no covid in vaccine!

It's a protein binding agent that works on antibody reproduction

Yes you have to self isolate, you must have been in close contact with her or you would not ask. Your mother clearly has Coronavirus as she tested positive, and it is both your responsibilities to not spread it to others. This should be clear to you both already.

If you don't isolate if told to and track and trace find out you can be fined

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

If you test positive to a lateral flow test then you isolate and get a full test, if you can, LFT is not as reliable as the full test.

Many health are workers are given an LFT kit to test themselves twice a week. I know one who tested positive with their first test, went for a full test and tested negative.

I would rather LFT gave a false positive than a false negative.

Leeds

"If you test positive to a lateral flow test then you isolate and get a full test, if you can, LFT is not as reliable as the full test.

"

He said it wasn't a lateral flow test

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"Vaccine will not cause a positive test.

So can contract covid in the meantime"

Correct

And it may be possible to contract the virus even after 21 days of being vaccinated.

The purpose of the vaccine is to prevent you from getting severely ill and be hospitalised.

There is no evidence (yet) that the vaccine stops you from getting infected.

By *unandfriendship4uMan  over a year ago

sheffield

You sill test positive after vaccine. Its designed to give the symptoms for your immune system to kick in and adapt

in Lancashire

There needs to be a public information push about after the vaccination and what any vaccine actually does, whilst recipients are told at the centre post the jab there seems to be a lot of misconceptions in general..

Manchester (she/her)

"You sill test positive after vaccine. Its designed to give the symptoms for your immune system to kick in and adapt "

You only test positive if you've contracted it, as it only uses a portion of the viral protein.

Leeds

"You still test positive after vaccine. "

If you test positive after the vaccine no NHS or care home workers would have been able to return to work for ten days after their jabs

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"If she has a weekly test then she must be in a job with a high risk of catching it"

Not necessarily, M used to have weekly tests to make sure he wasn't taking anything into his place of work, in addition to making sure he hasn't caught anything while at work.

Pre Covid, but it would be the same now.

E

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"You sill test positive after vaccine. Its designed to give the symptoms for your immune system to kick in and adapt "

No you don't. You test positive if you have covid. The vaccine does not make you test positive.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Shes fine at the moment , lives on her own , woukd anyone who has been within 2 metres of her have to isolate or even in the same house?"

Yes you will need to isolate. On a positive note though,the vaccine WILL help her immune system combat the virus.

Cal

Leeds

"M used to have weekly tests to make sure he wasn't taking anything into his place of work, in addition to making sure he hasn't caught anything while at work.

E"

What infection was he being tested for pre Covid ?

My understanding of the vaccine is that it mainly stops you being (very) ill. You can still catch covid-19 and still transmit it to others. It is still too early to determine whether the vaccine reduces either risk.

Therefore, even if you are vaccinated, if you are tested positive, your contacts should behave in exactly the same way as contacts of someone who has not been vaccinated.

My understanding and happy to be corrected.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"M used to have weekly tests to make sure he wasn't taking anything into his place of work, in addition to making sure he hasn't caught anything while at work.

E

What infection was he being tested for pre Covid ?"

Not just infections. If he'd cut himself shaving he couldn't go in.

Laboratory "stuff".

E

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

At present all the approved vaccines:

1. Reduce the effects of the illness if you contract it (reducing probability of needing hospitalisation and also needing to be in ICU) - but the level of this varies between vaccines and whether you also have the 2nd booster dose.

2. Do not stop you contracting Covid.

3. So far have no evidence they stop you from spreading Covid.

In fact there is a concern that people who have been vaccinated become careless and complacent and continue spreading Covid!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"At present all the approved vaccines:

1. Reduce the effects of the illness if you contract it (reducing probability of needing hospitalisation and also needing to be in ICU) - but the level of this varies between vaccines and whether you also have the 2nd booster dose.

In fact there is a concern that people who have been vaccinated become careless and complacent and continue spreading Covid!"

My guess would be that as to your point 3 above... Infections will go up absolutely as we all think we are immunised. But hopefully hospitalisations slowly decrease.

In fact there is a concern that people who have been vaccinated become careless and complacent and continue spreading Covid!"

i think the idea is once enough people have been vaccinated we wont care if its still being spread about because even if you catch it you wont be at material risk of harm , but we are still a long way away from that point

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

In fact there is a concern that people who have been vaccinated become careless and complacent and continue spreading Covid!

My guess would be that as to your point 3 above... Infections will go up absolutely as we all think we are immunised. But hopefully hospitalisations slowly decrease. "

Not for one moment claiming expertise in virology but I believe there is some hope that as more ppl are vaccinated leading to less severe symptoms it may also mean that it reduces the viral load others are exposed to also therefore reducing potential severity in those exposed but not yet vaccinated.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I posted this previously in a different thread, but seems relevant:

When someone is vaccinated, they may still be able to catch covid but:

1. They will be less likely to.

2. If they do catch it, they are very likely to recover faster.

3. Because they recover faster, their viral load will be smaller, so they will be less infectious.

If the vaccine is only 50% effective in all three of these aspects, it would mean that the R factor for a vaccinated person would drop to half (item 1), and to half of that (item 2), and to half of that (item 3) = total effect of R going to one eighth for a vaccinated person compared with a non vaccinated person.

At the moment, even with the majority of people taking lots of precautions, R is hovering around 1 - meaning that the number of new cases per day is not going up particularly, but neither is it going down.

This means for a vaccinated person the R could be down in the range 0.1 to 0.2 - but for everyone else it will still be about 1.

While the number of non-vaccinated much outweighs the vaccinated, the reduction in R averaged across the population is not great. But as soon as more than half have been jabbed, the average R factor will start to drop quickly.

So it's at this halfway point that we should start to see the number of cases falling off quickly. Also, that will be the time when people can start to gather together a bit more (though still taking care) without R going back above 1.

At round about the three quarters vaccinated point, we should be able to get a situation where the number currently infectious is dropping right down, and something approaching normal life can be resumed. There will still be cases popping up, but instead of outbreaks growing and growing, they will tend to shrink. We'll still need to avoid big crowds and such for a while - no stadium concerts with 20,000 people only inches apart. But it'll get so that smaller events will be okay - pubs and clubs will open, you'll be able to go to the cinema, fab social parties will resume...

But only when 2 jabs, more than half the population, and a month or two for the active case numbers to fall.

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

Hope she’s ok

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"Mum had vaccinne 9 days ago, , now got a positive result back yesterday ? Can the vaccinne have contributed to this and must she still follow track and trace isolation etc to the letter ? Doesnt the vaccinne contain a small amount of the virus which coukd lead to a " positive" result ? She has no symptoms and has had no contact since vaccination"

Sounds like your Mum already had it ? Was she tested in the 10 days leading up to getting the vaccine ?

warrington

Shes fine at the moment , tganks so much for asking , hope the fact shes had the vaccinne will help her

warrington

Yes , tested negative 2 days before getting the vaccination

Leeds

" Was she tested in the 10 days leading up to getting the vaccine ? "

She must have been as OP said she was tested weekly

im not trying to be a dick here as i don’t think the intention of the post was to mislead

but mum gets a test weekly for work, but was vaccinated 9 days ago and just got a positive so that would suggest she has been tested twice in that period

mum has had no contact since the vaccine but mum appears to have been around OP (this is contact and what contact has OP had through work etc which are effectively brought into the bubble too) and will likely have gone for or received grocery shopping and has presumably had to interact with the outside world to submit at least the test where she was positive (and has she not been working)

the only reason in posting this is i think many of us are a bit like that tv show secret eaters when it comes to covid contact ... because its an invisible disease we think our risk is almost at zero til you actually map out your interactions and get an idea of what your extended contact bubble really looks like

"im not trying to be a dick here as i don’t think the intention of the post was to mislead

but mum gets a test weekly for work, but was vaccinated 9 days ago and just got a positive so that would suggest she has been tested twice in that period

mum has had no contact since the vaccine but mum appears to have been around OP (this is contact and what contact has OP had through work etc which are effectively brought into the bubble too) and will likely have gone for or received grocery shopping and has presumably had to interact with the outside world to submit at least the test where she was positive (and has she not been working)

the only reason in posting this is i think many of us are a bit like that tv show secret eaters when it comes to covid contact ... because its an invisible disease we think our risk is almost at zero til you actually map out your interactions and get an idea of what your extended contact bubble really looks like "

should have added this wasn’t a criticism but i think we generally think because we are careful our risk should be zero when actually its so easily spread that we are all still at risk its just been reduced

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

Yes, she needs to self isolate to the letter, why would she not just because she had vaccine?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The vaccines are not able to infect anyone, as there's no virus inside them. Depending on which 1 is given, they are developed from either messenger RNA, which stimulates the body to produce proteins that the body then forms immunity to, or an inactive different virus shell that contains the parts that the body creates immunity to.

These vaccines and the body's creation of immunity will take some time to work within us. The immune system is complex and does more than creating antibodies, which is 1 part of our response.

After a couple of days there would be minimal levels of immunity and the advice is specific to each vaccine, upon effective immunity would exist. Search for the specific vaccine given, to find the number of weeks when it should be in place. After the jab someone may feel a little poorly - not that this is the case for your mother who caught the virus - as our body recognises a foreign entity inside it and starts mounting its defenses.

Going out to a public arena is certainly a place that presents an environment where infections can be picked up, so her trip may have given her the opportunity to get the virus. She would hopefully create an immune response to the real virus and subsequently to the prompts from the vaccine. There is no bar from people who have had the infection from having the vaccines, so she should be fine, subject to her symptoms.

No you don't and no it doesn't.

The vast majority of people have no side effects at all from the vaccine so that is not true.

Central

"The vaccines are not able to infect anyone, as there's no virus inside them. Depending on which 1 is given, they are developed from either messenger RNA, which stimulates the body to produce proteins that the body then forms immunity to, or an inactive different virus shell that contains the parts that the body creates immunity to.

These vaccines and the body's creation of immunity will take some time to work within us. The immune system is complex and does more than creating antibodies, which is 1 part of our response.

After a couple of days there would be minimal levels of immunity and the advice is specific to each vaccine, upon effective immunity would exist. Search for the specific vaccine given, to find the number of weeks when it should be in place. After the jab someone may feel a little poorly - not that this is the case for your mother who caught the virus - as our body recognises a foreign entity inside it and starts mounting its defenses.

Going out to a public arena is certainly a place that presents an environment where infections can be picked up, so her trip may have given her the opportunity to get the virus. She would hopefully create an immune response to the real virus and subsequently to the prompts from the vaccine. There is no bar from people who have had the infection from having the vaccines, so she should be fine, subject to her symptoms. "

And if infected, we have to still follow the same behaviour as if we'd not had the vaccine. We have to follow all of the rules, for lockdown etc that everyone is meant to do, for our own and others' protection.

Tin town

"im not trying to be a dick here as i don’t think the intention of the post was to mislead

the only reason in posting this is i think many of us are a bit like that tv show secret eaters when it comes to covid contact ... because its an invisible disease we think our risk is almost at zero til you actually map out your interactions and get an idea of what your extended contact bubble really looks like "

Very true, and I thought that was part of the point of the phone app, to tell you when you'd had a relevant collision with somoene testing positive. I'm not aware of many people any more who actually use it.

London

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

The vaccines don’t necessarily prevent you from catching it... it helps mitigate the seriousness of it if you do catch it...

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I think it does

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

The vaccine does not contain the virus so you cannot catch covid from the jab.

The vaccine only reduces the symptoms of the virus..it does not make you immune to getting it or spreading it.

Leeds

"She has had no contact since vaccination"

Did she go into work after the vaccination and also to get the test that was positive ?

warrington

. Im afraid ypu failed in not trying to be a dick on this occasion x

warrington

Of course she went into work after the caccination , you dont have to isolate aftef having the vaccine !

Then is tested every midweek through work , whilst at work wears full ppe

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Applying a little bit of critical thinking, it could be that the rtPCR test is actually picking up the mRNA in the vaccine.

Think about it. The test is designed so that wee primers find and amplify sequences that would code for spike protein. Most ppl don't realise that this test is not a 1 to 1 process... meaning the primers are not directly amplifying viral genetic material because the virus in this case is an RNA virus.

So to get any sort of result, you first need to generate a DNA version of the target in the viral 'starting' material.

This DNA product is then amplified to generate multiple copies until the product can be measured.

I don't see why the vaccine mRNA for spike protein would look wildly different to that carried by the actual virus.

In which case, why couldn't a PCR test potentially pick it up? What's to differentiate between the source? Spike protein mRNA is spike protein mRNA after all.

the only reason in posting this is i think many of us are a bit like that tv show secret eaters when it comes to covid contact ... because its an invisible disease we think our risk is almost at zero til you actually map out your interactions and get an idea of what your extended contact bubble really looks like . Im afraid ypu failed in not trying to be a dick on this occasion x"

my post originally wasnt a dig at you , was just an example of how i think we all downplay our risk assuming not having parties means we are safe but if we care to actually connect the dots there are still lots of examples of interaction in our lives that give the virus opportunity to get at us

however since your post immediately following this says of course she went to work you dont have to isolate after a vaccine (i had been giving the benefit if the doubt that maybe she worked from home or had some annual leave) it appears now that your OP was total garbage and your mother has in fact had contact with people following the vaccine so its pretty clear there were plenty of opportunities for her to catch it

so was the point of the post to falsely try panic people that the vaccine can make you sick

warrington

the only reason in posting this is i think many of us are a bit like that tv show secret eaters when it comes to covid contact ... because its an invisible disease we think our risk is almost at zero til you actually map out your interactions and get an idea of what your extended contact bubble really looks like . Im afraid ypu failed in not trying to be a dick on this occasion x

my post originally wasnt a dig at you , was just an example of how i think we all downplay our risk assuming not having parties means we are safe but if we care to actually connect the dots there are still lots of examples of interaction in our lives that give the virus opportunity to get at us

however since your post immediately following this says of course she went to work you dont have to isolate after a vaccine (i had been giving the benefit if the doubt that maybe she worked from home or had some annual leave) it appears now that your OP was total garbage and your mother has in fact had contact with people following the vaccine so its pretty clear there were plenty of opportunities for her to catch it

so was the point of the post to falsely try panic people that the vaccine can make you sick "

. #### Wow, you really are living up to your ‘ dick ‘ billing , And theres me worried sick about my mother and trying to do the right thing for her , shes an old lady who may struggle to fight this nasty virus , Would not wish this on anybody , not even you !

Depending on the vaccine your mother received would depend on how that vaccine worked.

However, in short, no it couldn’t. So as the virus can survive on door knobs etc (called fomite infections) she could have picked it up from that. Depending on the type of test (PCR vs Lateral Flow) it could have been a false positive.

The vaccine takes around 3 weeks to build immunity from the first exposure, if you want to talk about all of this in more detail then drop me a message and I’ll tell you all about it.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Of course she went into work after the caccination , you dont have to isolate aftef having the vaccine !

Then is tested every midweek through work , whilst at work wears full ppe"

Unfortunately OP, there are many, many people catching it at work, even if they are wearing full PPE.

That’s particularly the case if they work in places like hospitals or care homes where the virus is prevalent.

They’ll usually have done nothing wrong and often won’t be able to pinpoint where they were exposed to it.

It might be worth asking what the quality of the PPE she is wearing at work. If she came close to colleagues, customers etc while wearing ordinary masks etc, she could easily be considered a contact.

the only reason in posting this is i think many of us are a bit like that tv show secret eaters when it comes to covid contact ... because its an invisible disease we think our risk is almost at zero til you actually map out your interactions and get an idea of what your extended contact bubble really looks like . Im afraid ypu failed in not trying to be a dick on this occasion x

so was the point of the post to falsely try panic people that the vaccine can make you sick . #### Wow, you really are living up to your ‘ dick ‘ billing , And theres me worried sick about my mother and trying to do the right thing for her , shes an old lady who may struggle to fight this nasty virus , Would not wish this on anybody , not even you !"

i hope your mum doesn’t get sick i really do but you already said she has no symptoms

if it makes you feel better to attack me no skin off my nose

but i fail to understand how trying to blame the vaccine for her positive result and find out if you can both get out of having to quarantine is trying to do the right thing by her

your post was purposefully full of misinformation that you haven’t just clarified later... you’ve come back and said the complete opposite

None of the covid vaccines contain the virus as a whole as they are not live attenuated vaccines, so there is no chance that the vaccine is giving a “false positive” result. It is known that people can have the virus and be infectious for 48 hours before symptoms

Show. No vaccine works immediately as they are basically tricking your immune system into thinking that it’s encountered the real infection and stimulates antibody and/or cell mediated immune response. This can take anywhere up to 21 days therefore it is possible that she contracted the virus shortly after her vaccination (mean time after exposure to showing symptoms is about 4/5 days). Hope that helps

"Vaccine will not cause a positive test.

So can contract covid in the meantime"

Leeds

"And theres me worried sick about my mother and trying to do the right thing for her , shes an old lady who may struggle to fight this nasty virus "

An old lady who works in a frontline job ? Hopefully as she has had one dose of the vaccine she won't be too badly effected

Central

"Applying a little bit of critical thinking, it could be that the rtPCR test is actually picking up the mRNA in the vaccine.

Think about it. The test is designed so that wee primers find and amplify sequences that would code for spike protein. Most ppl don't realise that this test is not a 1 to 1 process... meaning the primers are not directly amplifying viral genetic material because the virus in this case is an RNA virus.

So to get any sort of result, you first need to generate a DNA version of the target in the viral 'starting' material.

This DNA product is then amplified to generate multiple copies until the product can be measured.

I don't see why the vaccine mRNA for spike protein would look wildly different to that carried by the actual virus.

In which case, why couldn't a PCR test potentially pick it up? What's to differentiate between the source? Spike protein mRNA is spike protein mRNA after all. "

The genetic material gained via the vaccine and the genetic material that the PCR tests for are different and thus would not trigger a false positive test result.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"Of course she went into work after the caccination , you dont have to isolate aftef having the vaccine !

Caught the real deal while waiting for jab, at work or somewhere else.

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

"Applying a little bit of critical thinking, it could be that the rtPCR test is actually picking up the mRNA in the vaccine.

In which case, why couldn't a PCR test potentially pick it up? What's to differentiate between the source? Spike protein mRNA is spike protein mRNA after all. "

This sounds possible, although I don't have right knowledge to say either way.

There has been several cases of care homes having major outbreaks of covid shortly after the first jab.

No indication whether they are sick, but a large number of positive tests.

One in Highland capital, one in Basingstoke. The most interesting one being in italy.

That particular care home had extremely good procedures in place and up until that point had had zero positive tests. A week after vaccination they had nearly 30.

All these have only been reported in local papers only.

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

You said she has no contacts since having the vaccine when clearly she has as she’s been to work

Coventry

In which case, why couldn't a PCR test potentially pick it up? What's to differentiate between the source? Spike protein mRNA is spike protein mRNA after all.

This sounds possible, although I don't have right knowledge to say either way.

There has been several cases of care homes having major outbreaks of covid shortly after the first jab.

No indication whether they are sick, but a large number of positive tests.

One in Highland capital, one in Basingstoke. The most interesting one being in italy.

That particular care home had extremely good procedures in place and up until that point had had zero positive tests. A week after vaccination they had nearly 30.

All these have only been reported in local papers only."

The spikes are most likely to do with complacency post vaccine. The number of people who think vaccine = complete immunity (even though it states in the fact sheet you get that you can still get it and it’s been publicised a lot) is madness.

I know one hospital senior manager who has been tearing her hair out over the last few weeks over the amount of staff, patients and families who keep disregarding protocols because “well he/I had the vaccine so it’s safe now...”

warrington

Ive never said at any point that i " wanted to get out " of quarantining , i was merely asking advice on here as to wether or not i needed to !, there are some knowledgable people on here whose advice ive greatly apreciated ( it may be of use to you one day , id likened it to having the flu jab( rightly or wrongly) were ive had it 5 times and each year ive developed a cold within days of having it , i presume because my immune system has dropped. ? I was wondering if the vaccinne may do the same ?, ps for your i formation my poor mother is now in bed and not feeling very well at all , is that what your wanting to hear ??

warrington

"And theres me worried sick about my mother and trying to do the right thing for her , shes an old lady who may struggle to fight this nasty virus

An old lady who works in a frontline job ? Hopefully as she has had one dose of the vaccine she won't be too badly effected "

. Please read earlier posts , ive already stated she had the vaccine

warrington

You said she has no contacts since having the vaccine when clearly she has as she’s been to work "

. Meant she had no contact at work without her full ppe on , maybe they should advise people not to go to work and stay in a padded cell for 21 days after the Vaccinne until they recieve the second one ?? Who knows ?

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"The vaccine doesn't stop you catching covid and spreading it...it just reduces the chances of dying from it"

This is not yet known.

Tin town

"Ive never said at any point that i " wanted to get out " of quarantining , i was merely asking advice on here as to wether or not i needed to !, there are some knowledgable people on here whose advice ive greatly apreciated ( it may be of use to you one day , id likened it to having the flu jab( rightly or wrongly) were ive had it 5 times and each year ive developed a cold within days of having it , i presume because my immune system has dropped. ? I was wondering if the vaccinne may do the same ?, ps for your i formation my poor mother is now in bed and not feeling very well at all , is that what your wanting to hear ??"

Wishing your mum a speedy recovery. Whatever the circumstances this can be very nasty.

Had the jab start Dec, a week later my colleague who also had the jab and tested positive, a few days after that another colleague who also had it the same day tested positive. First lady had a mild cold, other lady had more symptoms (both fine now).

I do know of an establishment that had the jab all in one day and a few days later four people came down with it, apparently the doctor that did the jab tested positive the day after doing the jabs.

Danish x

"Had the jab start Dec, a week later my colleague who also had the jab and tested positive, a few days after that another colleague who also had it the same day tested positive. First lady had a mild cold, other lady had more symptoms (both fine now).

I do know of an establishment that had the jab all in one day and a few days later four people came down with it, apparently the doctor that did the jab tested positive the day after doing the jabs.

Danish x"

*Edit not start of Dec, start of Jan x

Tin town

"Had the jab start Dec, a week later my colleague who also had the jab and tested positive, a few days after that another colleague who also had it the same day tested positive. First lady had a mild cold, other lady had more symptoms (both fine now).

Danish x"

Jesus wept... You'd think they'd ensure that the very people giving the jab would be firstly max pped up, secondly were not themselves infectious. Thirdly that everyone being jabbed would be masked up.

Having said that. If the source of the infection was the infected Dr... How long does a jab take? 2 mins? 3 mins? So unless the environment was not being wiped down in between patients it can only come from aerosols.... And shows how infectious this thing is... 3 mins breathing the same air with 2 masks between them.. And they still caught it. Holy crap.

Leeds

How many jabs would this doctor do in a day ? Why would only four people catch it ?

Tin town

"How many jabs would this doctor do in a day ? Why would only four people catch it ?"

It doesn't seem to follow logic in either its infections, or its impact when infected.... My mums care home had 3 infections. All ladies of similar age. 2 recovered, apparently fine. Mum sadly didn't. 66 people not infected at all (they were all tested).

warrington

"Ive never said at any point that i " wanted to get out " of quarantining , i was merely asking advice on here as to wether or not i needed to !, there are some knowledgable people on here whose advice ive greatly apreciated ( it may be of use to you one day , id likened it to having the flu jab( rightly or wrongly) were ive had it 5 times and each year ive developed a cold within days of having it , i presume because my immune system has dropped. ? I was wondering if the vaccinne may do the same ?, ps for your i formation my poor mother is now in bed and not feeling very well at all , is that what your wanting to hear ??

Wishing your mum a speedy recovery. Whatever the circumstances this can be very nasty. "

. Thanks so much xx

Leeds

"The vaccine doesn't stop you catching covid and spreading it...it just reduces the chances of dying from it

This is not yet known."

Preliminary studies have shown this.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"The vaccine doesn't stop you catching covid and spreading it...it just reduces the chances of dying from it

This is not yet known.

Preliminary studies have shown this."

The data coming back from Israel is showing a reduction in the covid cases as well as deaths and severe illness. They can't say how much the protection is yet but there is some.

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

This is not yet known.

Preliminary studies have shown this."

Studies? But vaccine is well tested? Yeah right

Manchester (she/her)

This is not yet known.

Studies? But vaccine is well tested? Yeah right "

Cancer is exceedingly well studied and yet studies continue.

Could it be that we can always learn new things? That things are incredibly complicated?

Huh. Who knew

This is not yet known.

The data coming back from Israel is showing a reduction in the covid cases as well as deaths and severe illness. They can't say how much the protection is yet but there is some."

We still have a lot to learn about how effective the vaccine is at preventing spread but it is definitely a promising indication.

Leeds

This is not yet known.

Don't put words in my mouth..I didn't say the vaccine had been well tested.

London

This is not yet known.

The only thing the studies show so far is: that the vaccine prevents severe illness if you become infected.

Coventry

You said she has no contacts since having the vaccine when clearly she has as she’s been to work . Meant she had no contact at work without her full ppe on , maybe they should advise people not to go to work and stay in a padded cell for 21 days after the Vaccinne until they recieve the second one ?? Who knows ?"

People can only reply to what you actually say, on the basis of not being mindreaders. No need to get arsey with people because they replied to what you said rather than what you meant

Hope your mum feels better soon

Manchester (she/her)

This is not yet known.

The data coming back from Israel is showing a reduction in the covid cases as well as deaths and severe illness. They can't say how much the protection is yet but there is some.

We still have a lot to learn about how effective the vaccine is at preventing spread but it is definitely a promising indication."

It is. For the moment we have to be cautious and assume not.

Central

This is not yet known.

Each vaccine has its own test trials that will aim to uncover the safety and efficacy of them. Following the trials, countries' medicine regulators then evaluate the results, before deciding whether to approve and licence them. The regulator is whete it stops at. The producer can continue with other trials, to acquire greater knowledge that may not have been possible in the former period, prior to its licensing.

In an emergency situation, such as a major epidemic, it's potentially wiser to get a vaccine that has evidence of it being safe and that it works, made available to the public before, for example, knowing the finer details of all of its benefits. This is especially true, when so many alternative vaccines are in development and production, that could lead to people having 1 vaccine that gives more safety for a year, before being given a different vaccine in the future, that potentially may have even better advantages.

The early testing is about safety and efficacy, to demonstrate that something is OK to use, being safe enough and that it has demonstrable abilities to help.

We'll have some unknown factors about both the illness and the treatments for now but these will become more understood over time. We do things progressively, as with the rest of life.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

The genetic material gained via the vaccine and the genetic material that the PCR tests for are different and thus would not trigger a false positive test result. "

Sorry... how is that? Please elaborate.

According to my understanding covid19 has a positive sense single strand RNA genome that essentially acts as messenger RNA (mRNA) that can be directly translated into viral proteins.

How is the genetic material in the mRNA vaccine any different except that it is only spike protein generating part?

qRT-PCR involves reverse transcription of the RNA material which produces a DNA version. The region of this relating to the spike protein gene will then be amplified by PCR.

Although the majority of PHE evaluated PCR tests don't amplify the spike protein region, at least two of them do. Who is to say which lab uses which?

Of the ones that do, I can't quite see why the test could not pick up any vaccine mRNA

» Add a new message to this topic