FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Stats and records

Stats and records

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Now I see a lot of similar statements online and people quoting me in person have done so, this is things like that there's no flu deaths recorded and they're actually being listed as covid...

Anyone who actually knows if this is genuine or not?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"Now I see a lot of similar statements online and people quoting me in person have done so, this is things like that there's no flu deaths recorded and they're actually being listed as covid...

Anyone who actually knows if this is genuine or not?"

Coroners, they'll know.

E

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Now I see a lot of similar statements online and people quoting me in person have done so, this is things like that there's no flu deaths recorded and they're actually being listed as covid...

yep true heard it from a guy I work with who heard it off a guy in the pub that's nan plays bingo with a the nan of a women who works in a shop that over heard some one saying that they thought they are counting flu deaths as covid

Its all there in black and white on the official government website. They dont even hide it, but they dont advertise it either. Last time i looked a couple of weeks ago they stated only 375 flu deaths in the past 10 months compared to the usual number of 30,000. The numbers are there its just for people to work it out for themselves.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Coroners, they'll know.

E"

This..

Op, 697,000 died in 2020 of which 85,000 were covid..

Pretty sure the rest weren't all hit by buses..

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"Its all there in black and white on the official government website. They dont even hide it, but they dont advertise it either. Last time i looked a couple of weeks ago they stated only 375 flu deaths in the past 10 months compared to the usual number of 30,000. The numbers are there its just for people to work it out for themselves."

Given Corona has become the ' new flu' it's likely to take its place in the future.. And we will be having annual covid not annual flu jabs too I shouldn't wonder

That would make sense..

Anyone who actually knows if this is genuine or not? yep true heard it from a guy I work with who heard it off a guy in the pub that's nan plays bingo with a the nan of a women who works in a shop that over heard some one saying that they thought they are counting flu deaths as covid "

Something like that sentiment yes

The South

Coroners, they'll know.

E

This..

Pretty sure the rest weren't all hit by buses.. "

It does make me laugh when people question how few cases of flu there were last year.

Er, No-one going out, social distancing, masks, sanitizing hands and surfaces.

It's neither rocket science or a conspiracy, just good old plain logic.

E

"Its all there in black and white on the official government website. They dont even hide it, but they dont advertise it either. Last time i looked a couple of weeks ago they stated only 375 flu deaths in the past 10 months compared to the usual number of 30,000. The numbers are there its just for people to work it out for themselves."

I read the worst flu years on recent record had average of 22k but I understand what you mean.

So does this mean flu isn't killing people like it used to because covid is getting to them sooner?

The South

"Its all there in black and white on the official government website. They dont even hide it, but they dont advertise it either. Last time i looked a couple of weeks ago they stated only 375 flu deaths in the past 10 months compared to the usual number of 30,000. The numbers are there its just for people to work it out for themselves.

I read the worst flu years on recent record had average of 22k but I understand what you mean.

So does this mean flu isn't killing people like it used to because covid is getting to them sooner? "

Read my last post.

E

Coroners, they'll know.

E

This..

Pretty sure the rest weren't all hit by buses.. "

What I should have explained clearer is that it's all respiratory illness being recorded as covid according to certain people

Also I don't in anyway trust everything I read or am told. Hardly anything from anyone for that matter

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Anyone who actually knows if this is genuine or not? yep true heard it from a guy I work with who heard it off a guy in the pub that's nan plays bingo with a the nan of a women who works in a shop that over heard some one saying that they thought they are counting flu deaths as covid "

Was his name Richard? The guy with the beard and "I ?? mum" tattoo? About 5 '10"? Yeah he told me he knows where the wmd are in Iraq too

"Its all there in black and white on the official government website. They dont even hide it, but they dont advertise it either. Last time i looked a couple of weeks ago they stated only 375 flu deaths in the past 10 months compared to the usual number of 30,000. The numbers are there its just for people to work it out for themselves.

So does this mean flu isn't killing people like it used to because covid is getting to them sooner?

Read my last post.

E"

I will assure you I am educated enough to be able to read critical data and interpret it more than it's face value I can safely say.

I do know there's too many people unable to process figures and data sets like that, which adds to the mess

Tin town

I'm interested where you got the figure you state as "the usual number of 30000 flu deaths in 10 months to January"? Would you mind sharing the source?

I'm interested where you got the figure you state as "the usual number of 30000 flu deaths in 10 months to January"? Would you mind sharing the source? "

seemed a bit high to me as I read the highest figure was from 18 and that reached 22k but either way there's many less flu deaths this year

So does this mean flu isn't killing people like it used to because covid is getting to them sooner? "

Yes I was just going to say the on average 30000 a year don't die a flu. There are many reasons why there aren't as many cases of flu.

The 1st being the uptake of the flu vaccine in 2020 hit record highs, The 2nd being the people that are most likely to be hospitalised with flu are the people that are shielding or being very very careful because they are the same people that are vulnerable to covid.

The 3rd reason being we are not mixing as much.

So it makes perfect sense to me that there aren’t as many cases.

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

Coroners, they'll know.

E

This..

It does make me laugh when people question how few cases of flu there were last year.

E"

By your logic there should be very few COVID cases then.

They both transmit pretty much the same, but we only hear about on of them.

Tin town

Coroners, they'll know.

E

This..

E

They both transmit pretty much the same, but we only hear about on of them. "

How do you work that one out? I think that's your "logic" and nobody else's at work there.

Yes I was just going to say the on average 30000 a year don't die a flu. There are many reasons why there aren't as many cases of flu.

The 1st being the uptake of the flu vaccine in 2020 hit record highs, The 2nd being the people that are most likely to be hospitalised with flu are the people that are shielding or being very very careful because they are the same people that are vulnerable to covid.

The 3rd reason being we are not mixing as much.

So it makes perfect sense to me that there aren’t as many cases. "

my original point was that I keep hearing that practically all respiratory illness deaths are being listed as covid for cause, even some cancer deaths! and that's a widely touted statement.

Id completely agree lorna that there's got to be some likely causes such as the ones you list as to why thats happened

By *eard-lincolnMan  over a year ago

torremolinos

Upto October there was 13,100 flu deaths In 2020.

The last quarter of the year isn’t showing yet.

However the ONS reported just under 1000 in the first 3 weeks of jan this year

Since 2000 the average is around 17,000

Coroners, they'll know.

E

This..

E

even at the start of the pandemic realisation in early feb it was understood that covid is far more contagious than flu ie the mention of the 'R' number to symbolise the rate in which it spreads... anything potential 1 or above is thought to be pandemic potential. There's no data to know what covid 'R' potential is but I seem to remember it being categorised as having maybe 2-3! seasonal flu is about 0.7-0.8 WITHOUT lockdowns and facemasks and sanitising etc

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

Coroners, they'll know.

E

This..

E

No they don't.

The average strain of flu has an R number of 1.28

Covid is 3 or 4 minimum.

People with flu have symptoms and usually struggle to get out of bed. Therefore we don't have spread in the community in the same way as with covid.

It really isn't difficult to understand why there is hardly any flu but we still need such tight restrictions for covid.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

Coroners, they'll know.

E

This..

E

even at the start of the pandemic realisation in early feb it was understood that covid is far more contagious than flu ie the mention of the 'R' number to symbolise the rate in which it spreads... anything potential 1 or above is thought to be pandemic potential. There's no data to know what covid 'R' potential is but I seem to remember it being categorised as having maybe 2-3! seasonal flu is about 0.7-0.8 WITHOUT lockdowns and facemasks and sanitising etc"

If seasonal flu was 0.7-0.8 it wouldn't exist....

Tin town

"Upto October there was 13,100 flu deaths In 2020.

Since 2000 the average is around 17,000"

Don't be quoting sourced facts!

The South

Coroners, they'll know.

E

This..

E

No they don't.

The average strain of flu has an R number of 1.28

Covid is 3 or 4 minimum.

People with flu have symptoms and usually struggle to get out of bed. Therefore we don't have spread in the community in the same way as with covid.

It really isn't difficult to understand why there is hardly any flu but we still need such tight restrictions for covid."

It's really really difficult for some to grasp, blindingly obvious to many others.

E

torremolinos

Don't be quoting sourced facts! "

Oh yes sorry.

I just don’t get why no one uses the ONS stats page. It has the answer to every question if you can be bothered to click your mouse 5 or 6 times.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

1. People are spreading germs less because of social distancing. The distancing is based on a disease with an R0 of 2-3, while flu (source quick Google) seems to be about 1.3. So a less contagious disease will be suppressed harder.

2. Everyone's been saying "flu plus Covid equals super bad juju", so flu shot uptake has been higher, particularly for at risk groups

3. Covid deaths derive from a positive Covid test, which one would not get from flu, as they're completely different viruses

Tin town

Oh yes sorry.

I just don’t get why no one uses the ONS stats page. It has the answer to every question if you can be bothered to click your mouse 5 or 6 times. "

No, it takes all sorts, I suspect much is sourced from mates and social groups whom they have misplaced trust in or who align with their belief systems.

Manchester (she/her)

Oh yes sorry.

I just don’t get why no one uses the ONS stats page. It has the answer to every question if you can be bothered to click your mouse 5 or 6 times.

No, it takes all sorts, I suspect much is sourced from mates and social groups whom they have misplaced trust in or who align with their belief systems."

There are some "interesting" sites out there that say. Umm. Things?

Since 2000 the average is around 17,000"

That's per YEAR not per 3 weks!

torremolinos

That's per YEAR not per 3 weks!"

yes I should have put per year at the end of that last sentence . Incase anyone gets confused

Coroners, they'll know.

E

This..

E

even at the start of the pandemic realisation in early feb it was understood that covid is far more contagious than flu ie the mention of the 'R' number to symbolise the rate in which it spreads... anything potential 1 or above is thought to be pandemic potential. There's no data to know what covid 'R' potential is but I seem to remember it being categorised as having maybe 2-3! seasonal flu is about 0.7-0.8 WITHOUT lockdowns and facemasks and sanitising etc

If seasonal flu was 0.7-0.8 it wouldn't exist.... "

Are you sure about that?

Because I don't think that's quite how it works.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 31/01/21 17:24:00]

Yes, it seems that everything is about covid and nothing else, very strange. I guess that there wont be hay fever symptoms this year?

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes, it seems that everything is about covid and nothing else, very strange. I guess that there wont be hay fever symptoms this year?"

Nope, my seasonal allergies continue, like we'd expect if there were a pandemic unrelated to hayfever

Tin town

Oh yes sorry.

No, it takes all sorts, I suspect much is sourced from mates and social groups whom they have misplaced trust in or who align with their belief systems.

There are some "interesting" sites out there that say. Umm. Things?"

Well in fairness until this pandemic, I can say I'd never visited the gov.uk or ons or bmj websites... And always was minded it would be a cold day in hell before I actually went to a govt website for accurate numbers... Then the pandemic stated and I realised I wasn't 16 any more.

Manchester (she/her)

Oh yes sorry.

There are some "interesting" sites out there that say. Umm. Things?

Well in fairness until this pandemic, I can say I'd never visited the gov.uk or ons or bmj websites... And always was minded it would be a cold day in hell before I actually went to a govt website for accurate numbers... Then the pandemic stated and I realised I wasn't 16 any more. "

"Yes, it seems that everything is about covid and nothing else, very strange. I guess that there wont be hay fever symptoms this year?

Nope, my seasonal allergies continue, like we'd expect if there were a pandemic unrelated to hayfever"

Mine doesnt and it just seem to just be seasonal, like sneezing, allergy tablets helps with it.

Nobody here who can confirm first hand how deaths are recorded?

Tin town

"Nobody here who can confirm first hand how deaths are recorded?"

I can confirm for the death certificate I have in front of me. But not sure that's really want you are wanting.

What is the point you are trying to make?

Manchester (she/her)

"Nobody here who can confirm first hand how deaths are recorded?"

The last death certificate I've seen in person was 2013.

"Nobody here who can confirm first hand how deaths are recorded?

I can confirm for the death certificate I have in front of me. But not sure that's really want you are wanting.

What is the point you are trying to make? "

I just see there's people I know of and here on other posts continuing to state that even things like flu deaths are listed as covid.

https://fullfact.org/online/flu-not-eradicated/

that's one link but I swear I know people who're adamant this is not true

Manchester (she/her)

I just see there's people I know of and here on other posts continuing to state that even things like flu deaths are listed as covid.

that's one link but I swear I know people who're adamant this is not true "

I think people are using whatever they can grasp at, the state of confusion, people's misunderstanding of areas of life that we never thought much about before. It's misinformation

Pure speculation on my part.

I think people are using whatever they can grasp at, the state of confusion, people's misunderstanding of areas of life that we never thought much about before. It's misinformation

Pure speculation on my part."

of course everything's speculation so far from what I can see, I was just trying to see if there are any people who ACTUALLY have a hand in death records to confirm the speculation or dispel it.

Manchester (she/her)

Pure speculation on my part.

of course everything's speculation so far from what I can see, I was just trying to see if there are any people who ACTUALLY have a hand in death records to confirm the speculation or dispel it.

"

I really don't know why anyone thinks the NHS are that bloody incompetent.

We trust society to do all sorts of things, apparently, except this, when they make shit up for... why the hell would they do that.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

If that was the case why is flu / pneumonia in the top ten causes of death stats

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I know someone whose father died of Covid on Monday last week and her husband died yesterday (Monday). She still denies Covid. Go figure

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

does it matter and is it going to change anything?

Anyone who actually knows if this is genuine or not? does it matter and is it going to change anything?"

well that reads rather facetious from here

It doesn't specifically to me but it kind of does matter in the grand scheme of things, as many people including threads on these very forums show people saying that the official government statistics are somehow deliberately misleading the public to believe 'it's worse than it actually is'; I'd say was their standpoint.

» Add a new message to this topic