FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Jumping que

Jumping que

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not sure on this, basically i suppose im a key worker, i do have asthma.

My job is installing patient lifting hoists, so im regularly in contact with vulnerable people, disabled, carers etc, also work in different hospitals in the South West.

Im very careful as much as can be, mask no exceptions, wash hands where i can and have a good supply of hand gel in the van.

I would like my vaccination asap and that would mean jumping the que which makes me feel for people who were more entitled to it quicker than me.

Another reason that causes me worry is i work on construction sites too, and ive found quite a few have no social distancing and quiet often see alot not wearing masks.

I don’t really know what to do, i would like my jab soon, how would i go about this and am i wrong to try to get it before im due it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Not sure how you’re expecting to be offered to jump the queue?

Has it been suggested if you hang around the hospital at the end of your shift they might have vaccines left over that must be used?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Not sure on this, basically i suppose im a key worker, i do have asthma.

My job is installing patient lifting hoists, so im regularly in contact with vulnerable people, disabled, carers etc, also work in different hospitals in the South West.

Im very careful as much as can be, mask no exceptions, wash hands where i can and have a good supply of hand gel in the van.

I would like my vaccination asap and that would mean jumping the que which makes me feel for people who were more entitled to it quicker than me.

Another reason that causes me worry is i work on construction sites too, and ive found quite a few have no social distancing and quiet often see alot not wearing masks.

I don’t really know what to do, i would like my jab soon, how would i go about this and am i wrong to try to get it before im due it."

Why should you jump the queue ?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Think you will have to wait.

I see some key workers in jobs specified by the Government being moved up the queue when stocks allow but probably not your sector.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I have been offered mine as a key worker, but I feel like I'm jumping the queue as I know there are people more deserving.

If you’ve been offered it, take it. You’re not taking anyone else’s place

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

As a carer for 2 family members, I asked , when I took them, if I could have the jab, as I am their sole carer, they said no they were going strictly by the groups..

You could possibly be in group 6 with a asthma but it has to be considered severe asthma.

If you are not in group 6 You will unfortunately have to wait until they do the moderate risk group (anyone who normally gets a free flu jab) It was in group 10 but has been removed so I am not sure what's going to happen with that.

"I have been offered mine as a key worker, but I feel like I'm jumping the queue as I know there are people more deserving. "

I'm assuming you must work in a health or social care setting?

If you have been offered it, take it.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

If you are on the governments list your company applies you can then book yourself on the website they direct you to ,you will need your nhs number and works number when you turn up.

"If you are on the governments list your company applies you can then book yourself on the website they direct you to ,you will need your nhs number and works number when you turn up."

Unless he works in a health and social or medical setting he won't be a priority based on occupation.

Also unless you fall into one of the top priority categories there is no way of jumping the queue and there isn't anything you could do.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"If you are on the governments list your company applies you can then book yourself on the website they direct you to ,you will need your nhs number and works number when you turn up.

Unless he works in a health and social or medical setting he won't be a priority based on occupation."

thats true

I don’t really know what to do, i would like my jab soon, how would i go about this and am i wrong to try to get it before im due it."

The vaccine doesn't stop you catching and transmitting the virus. It stops you getting so ill from it. Therefore you could still pass the virus to others. Carers are getting it earlier because if they catch it not only will they pass it on to their patients but there will be (and is) a shortage of carers left to care for patients. So no you should not get your vaccine early

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Imagine if you were allowed to queue jump how many others would expect the same. We all have our own thoughts about priorities for the vaccine. I think supermarket workers are at risk, teachers and police too. Unfortunately we can't change the priorities. Everyone has to wait their turn and minimise their own risks

"Imagine if you were allowed to queue jump how many others would expect the same. We all have our own thoughts about priorities for the vaccine. I think supermarket workers are at risk, teachers and police too. Unfortunately we can't change the priorities. Everyone has to wait their turn and minimise their own risks "

They probably will be priority in the next phase but we have to protect people most likely to get seriously sick and that is what the priority list is about.

If you're offered it as a key worker they are usually vaccines from unattended appointments or left over stock. Take it or it goes in the bin... not to someone at more risk. You aren't jumping the que.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

"Imagine if you were allowed to queue jump how many others would expect the same. We all have our own thoughts about priorities for the vaccine. I think supermarket workers are at risk, teachers and police too. Unfortunately we can't change the priorities. Everyone has to wait their turn and minimise their own risks

They probably will be priority in the next phase but we have to protect people most likely to get seriously sick and that is what the priority list is about."

Exactly

"If you're offered it as a key worker they are usually vaccines from unattended appointments or left over stock. Take it or it goes in the bin... not to someone at more risk. You aren't jumping the que."

That isn't true there is no reserve list of key workers.

In the early days the Pfizer vaccine was being given to anybody that was in the hospital or vaccination hub or could get there very quickly if it was the end of the day. Now that the majority of vaccines but are being given or the Oxford vaccine there is no short shelf life so this will not happen.

Police officers are being offered Pfizer vaccines at the end of the working day by clinics and vaccination centres. As are other key workers so long as they live within a certain catchment area of the vaccination site and get there within 30 mins. They go in the bin if they’re not used so go for it OP.

As a vaccinator..contact your gp and ask to go on their extra list.. we have vaccines left over at end of most clinics and contact our extra list on day.

If we dont use vaccine has to be discarded.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"As a carer for 2 family members, I asked , when I took them, if I could have the jab, as I am their sole carer, they said no they were going strictly by the groups.."
make sure hlyiur registered with your doctor as a carer and you will be called with group 6. Also some places are vaccinating carers alongside the people they care for.

At the end of today though most of the people coming in for last minute booked jabs were hospital staff

"As a vaccinator..contact your gp and ask to go on their extra list.. we have vaccines left over at end of most clinics and contact our extra list on day.

"

Is this just for the Pfizer because I wouldn't have thought that it would be the same for the Oxford one because of the way it stored.

I thought that was why they were waiting for the mass roll out for the Oxford so be interesting to know.

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

Don't forget that the EU want to be vaccinated with Astrazenica before you.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Im having mine Thursday, extremely vulnerable..... sod the EU ,England comes first ..

"Im having mine Thursday, extremely vulnerable..... sod the EU ,England comes first .."

Oh im really pleased as I knew you have been hoping to get it soon. X

"As a vaccinator..contact your gp and ask to go on their extra list.. we have vaccines left over at end of most clinics and contact our extra list on day.

Is this just for the Pfizer because I wouldn't have thought that it would be the same for the Oxford one because of the way it stored.

I thought that was why they were waiting for the mass roll out for the Oxford so be interesting to know."

Nope for oxford too.

Pfizer had 105 to give extra.

..after clinic session

Oxford had 95 extra to give or lose...

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Many groups and leaders have been pushing for their members to be prioritised for earlier vaccine.

Each type of group has risks from not being treated, with consent benefits from getting it.

These can be quantified and compared for them. How many infections, hospitalisations and deaths can be evaluated and it's probably better to do it this way, based on rational analysis.

The opportunity cost of overlooking groups who will tie up NHS resources is probably the better way, as once freed up, other NHS services can be eased into greater opening again, thereby improving health outcomes and saving other lives.

As for work practice issues that are dangerous, these need to be addressed urgently. Communication locally may or may not get results but the local authorities will investigate and take appropriate action. It's essential that all legally required at minimum, are always followed by employers staff, contractors etc, to keep them and all subsequent contracts, free from preventable infections, illness and deaths.

I thought that was why they were waiting for the mass roll out for the Oxford so be interesting to know.

Nope for oxford too.

..after clinic session

Oxford had 95 extra to give or lose..."

Oh I really thought that could be stored longer.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Im having mine Thursday, extremely vulnerable..... sod the EU ,England comes first .."
glad to hear it. X

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

Nope for oxford too.

..after clinic session

That is a disgrace

Nope for oxford too.

..after clinic session

Oh I really thought that could be stored longer."

Once drawn up.. has 6 hrs to be used

Nope for oxford too.

..after clinic session

Once drawn up.. has 6 hrs to be used"

So does that mean anything that's in the building has to be used that day?

Because surely they would only draw them when needed? sorry to ask lots of questions but I'm genuinely interested to see how it works.

Nope for oxford too.

..after clinic session

Because surely they would only draw them when needed? sorry to ask lots of questions but I'm genuinely interested to see how it works. "

Pfizer.. we had to use xx amount per day

Oxford.. too many were drawn up plus each vial was assumed 10 doses.but could get 11 or 12 out.. so had extra

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"As a carer for 2 family members, I asked , when I took them, if I could have the jab, as I am their sole carer, they said no they were going strictly by the groups..make sure hlyiur registered with your doctor as a carer and you will be called with group 6. Also some places are vaccinating carers alongside the people they care for.

At the end of today though most of the people coming in for last minute booked jabs were hospital staff "

Thanks Cali, I am registered

Thanks for the replies everyone, i think it might be a good idea to call my doctors to ask, at least i will know then, and if im offered i will take it amd not feel so bad for asking, if not i totally understand

Nope for oxford too.

..after clinic session

Because surely they would only draw them when needed? sorry to ask lots of questions but I'm genuinely interested to see how it works.

Pfizer.. we had to use xx amount per day

Oxford.. too many were drawn up plus each vial was assumed 10 doses.but could get 11 or 12 out.. so had extra"

Oh I see, thank you for explaining as I didn't understand how it worked.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I assumed we all had to just wait our turn as there are a lot of,people in the same position as you

Xx

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

Nope for oxford too.

..after clinic session

We have a prebooking system so know how many are still to come in.

Counts are made of number of doses at each station and by late afternoon we are sharing vials.

Wastage is minimal if any.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I thought care home workers had been offered the vaccine, as several carers in the area have had the first jab.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

When it's my turn, it's my turn.

I can wait a few more weeks/months/whenever.

Waiting is not going to kill me.

Going outside without the vaccine and contracting Covid is a different story, however.

I've been offered one of the legitimate vaccines through a legitimate source, but rules were being "bent" to accommodate me.

I said, "No thank you".

That's not my way and I could not in all good conscience agree to it. It felt morally and ethically wrong and did not sit well with me.

Suppose my dose could have helped a person in a tier above me that day, but they didn't receive it. And they caught Covid and got seriously ill or died ?

Not on my watch, thank you.

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

I'm also a key worker but I only work in a supermarket I mix with all types of different people every day

"I'm also a key worker but I only work in a supermarket I mix with all types of different people every day"

Hopefully in the next phase key workers like yourself will be given some priority. X

Well i had my vaccination today, what a relief to have had it.

I spoke to my doctors and they put me on the reserve list, luckily i was back from work early and was able to get there within the half hour they said, i asked the nurse she said they had 2 no shows today so i was called.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Speak to your doctor good luck

I don’t really know what to do, i would like my jab soon, how would i go about this and am i wrong to try to get it before im due it.Speak to your doctor good luck"

Thank you i had it this afternoon

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

You sound like an honorable person if this is worrying you. If you get offered a jab & the other option is it gets wasted, you are not jumping queues, you are doing something good for society in general, the vulnerable people you encounter at work & bonus for yourself as well. Take if it offered & sleep well...although your arm will probably ache.

"You sound like an honorable person if this is worrying you. If you get offered a jab & the other option is it gets wasted, you are not jumping queues, you are doing something good for society in general, the vulnerable people you encounter at work & bonus for yourself as well. Take if it offered & sleep well...although your arm will probably ache."

Thanks for your kind words, i should of made it more clear sorry about that but ive had my jab today, yes only very very slight ache but so far so good.

Yes what you’ve said is the reasons why i asked for it and i was lucky enough to have it.

Take care and thank you again.

You can still pass the virus to others even if your inoculated against covid.

The vaccination only limits the nasty effects of the virus if your ill

"You can still pass the virus to others even if your inoculated against covid.

The vaccination only limits the nasty effects of the virus if your ill"

Yes im fully aware of thi

» Add a new message to this topic