FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > South African variant

South African variant

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *pursChick aka Shortie OP   Woman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Very limited numbers have been found, however 11 cases have been identified as having no links to travel. Therefore, mobile testing units are being sent to certain areas to complete a 16+ test.

Good to see some proactive early response to a variant they have concerns over

South Africa variant: Urgent testing after community cases found

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55889391

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just seen on sky news that they have found 105 case of it.

On a mooch

"Just seen on sky news that they have found 105 case of it."

That’s right and all but 11 of them linked to travel to South Africa or other cases. It’s this 11 they are worried about and that it may be a community spread, hence the testing in specific postcodes

"Just seen on sky news that they have found 105 case of it.

That’s right and all but 11 of them linked to travel to South Africa or other cases. It’s this 11 they are worried about and that it may be a community spread, hence the testing in specific postcodes "

Ah right so it's 11 through community spread...as you said let's hope the fast response gets on top of it

On a mooch

That’s right and all but 11 of them linked to travel to South Africa or other cases. It’s this 11 they are worried about and that it may be a community spread, hence the testing in specific postcodes

Ah right so it's 11 through community spread...as you said let's hope the fast response gets on top of it "

Here’s hoping

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

They are going to be doing door to door testing in the affected postcodes I've just read.

It's good they've made a quick decision on this for a change.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The postcodes have been published, which can forewarn people who may be getting symptoms.

Perhaps a total lockdown would be better in these postcodes, with essential food and other items having managed delivery by the government. At some point I think we will have to get to that type of strategy, to really get much more on top of outbreaks.

By *heartsasoneCouple  over a year ago

north of Plymouth

2 weeks ago SA strain was found in uk just the numbers are increasing.

Once again we are a island and we should have closed all borders and mean close nothing in or out.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"The postcodes have been published, which can forewarn people who may be getting symptoms.

Perhaps a total lockdown would be better in these postcodes, with essential food and other items having managed delivery by the government. At some point I think we will have to get to that type of strategy, to really get much more on top of outbreaks. "

Yep I'd go with complete isolation for all but they should get 60% to 80% of pay and shopping etc delivers even if army is called in to help

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

"The postcodes have been published, which can forewarn people who may be getting symptoms.

Perhaps a total lockdown would be better in these postcodes, with essential food and other items having managed delivery by the government. At some point I think we will have to get to that type of strategy, to really get much more on top of outbreaks. "

Thought we were in lockdown

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Perhaps a total lockdown would be better in these postcodes, with essential food and other items having managed delivery by the government. At some point I think we will have to get to that type of strategy, to really get much more on top of outbreaks.

Thought we were in lockdown"

House arrest lock down

That’s right and all but 11 of them linked to travel to South Africa or other cases. It’s this 11 they are worried about and that it may be a community spread, hence the testing in specific postcodes "

Horse has bolted- one case of community transmission in Perth and they go immediately for a full 5 day lockdown.

How can this spread during our lockdown?

Answer: It’s not a hard enough lockdown.

Border should have been shut, this could have serious implications.

By *arrowman1000Man  over a year ago

harrow

The vitus mutates..so why wouldn't a variant the same as SA variety not be found in UK...without any apparent contact with SA...not a medic...but not rocket science

House arrest lock down"

That is how china got it down and to be honest when we find new variants I think localised heavy lockdowns maybe the only way to control it once found.

"The vitus mutates..so why wouldn't a variant the same as SA variety not be found in UK...without any apparent contact with SA...not a medic...but not rocket science"

I wondered this too.

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

"The vitus mutates..so why wouldn't a variant the same as SA variety not be found in UK...without any apparent contact with SA...not a medic...but not rocket science"

It gives the media another rona bandwagon to dine out on for a few weeks.

Not a virus expert either it would seem

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I believe they are doing tests in the London postcode of N17 which is Tottenham I live 5-10 miles away so I wouldn’t be too surprised if my postcode is one they carry out tests in the near future.

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

House arrest lock down

That is how china got it down and to be honest when we find new variants I think localised heavy lockdowns maybe the only way to control it once found."

What a terrifying thought.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

At last the government is reacting quickly and positively they are learning

By *iguy for funMan  over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

hopefully everyone affected embraces and takes part in track and trace (and yes before anyone starts on the politics/efficiency of the system i know it's not been brilliant) rather than looking for ways not to answer/provide details.

Horse has bolted- one case of community transmission in Perth and they go immediately for a full 5 day lockdown.

How can this spread during our lockdown?

Answer: It’s not a hard enough lockdown.

Border should have been shut, this could have serious implications."

Yes a border fuckup.. AGAIN!

Why do they dither and delay?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Yep I'd go with complete isolation for all but they should get 60% to 80% of pay and shopping etc delivers even if army is called in to help "

I agree. The UK hasn't been 100% committed to stopping the virus, whilst it's not reimbursing people who should isolate.

On a mooch

That’s right and all but 11 of them linked to travel to South Africa or other cases. It’s this 11 they are worried about and that it may be a community spread, hence the testing in specific postcodes At last the government is reacting quickly and positively they are learning"

Slowly but a good reaction to early data, in my opinion

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

House arrest lock down

That is how china got it down and to be honest when we find new variants I think localised heavy lockdowns maybe the only way to control it once found."

Based on some people's behaviour so far, that's probably correct, but I don't think the government has the balls to do it.

» Add a new message to this topic