FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Advice please.

Advice please.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aleforfun22 OP   Man  over a year ago

Lancashire

Hi everyone just need my mind putting to rest.my mum had the virus jab yesterday and she's been ill all day sleeping aches and pains feeling sick .am I worrying about nothing or is it normal reactions she's all I've got left in life and I'm scared of losing her.thank you for advice x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

i in doubt ring for help and get a 2nd opinion

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"Hi everyone just need my mind putting to rest.my mum had the virus jab yesterday and she's been ill all day sleeping aches and pains feeling sick .am I worrying about nothing or is it normal reactions she's all I've got left in life and I'm scared of losing her.thank you for advice x"

My Dad had his 2 days ago, was throwing up and had bad headache for 36 hours after and falling asleep, he’s fine now just part of some side effects some get others don’t, keep an eye on her and seek medical advice if in doubt

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

"Hi everyone just need my mind putting to rest.my mum had the virus jab yesterday and she's been ill all day sleeping aches and pains feeling sick .am I worrying about nothing or is it normal reactions she's all I've got left in life and I'm scared of losing her.thank you for advice x"

Normal side effects, she should have been given a leaflet explaining that, can last about 36 hours at most

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My mum was exactly the same ...felt sore and wanting to sleep feeling cold ...lasted a couple of days now she’s fine ...she’s 83

Lancashire

Thank you everyone for your advice I've just took her a hot water bottle up and she said she got told she might have these symptoms told me not to worry (easier said than done ) but if she's still like this tomorrow I will phone the doctors thanks everyone x

Try not to worry. I manage a care home and they were all poorly for a couple of days. All good now though. Xx

By *oelDorianMan  over a year ago

vanaheim

I would ring just in case but from what I’ve read and heard these are some common side effects do you know which one she had?

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Get well soon to her. Side effects are a small price to pay for her safety.

Just like any other Vaccine, some get side effects and some don't.

Don't panic, she will be fine.

Lancashire

"Try not to worry. I manage a care home and they were all poorly for a couple of days. All good now though. Xx"
thank you I'm glad I posted now I'm getting a lot of positive feedback thank you

Completely normal reaction to a vaccine.

Drink plenty, and take paracetamol. But don't rely on the internet for advice - if you're still worried phone for advice.

Lancashire

"Just like any other Vaccine, some get side effects and some don't.

Don't panic, she will be fine.

"

thank you

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

She would've been given advice at time of the vaccine and a leaflet with further information you need to follow it's not in my opinion an answer on any site that could be correct because you know her health sorry if it comes across as being blunt but it's only way and if you are concerned call 111 ask a professional

Lancashire

"Get well soon to her. Side effects are a small price to pay for her safety. "
thank you and your right I'm glad she's had the jab and I'm sure she will be in a day or two when the after affects have gone

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Mrs had hers a couple of weeks ago and felt like crap the next day was fine by the day after.

I had mine Saturday and felt fine yesterday but feel like utter shitte today.

Call 111 if you are concerned

Lancashire

"Hi everyone just need my mind putting to rest.my mum had the virus jab yesterday and she's been ill all day sleeping aches and pains feeling sick .am I worrying about nothing or is it normal reactions she's all I've got left in life and I'm scared of losing her.thank you for advice x

She would've been given advice at time of the vaccine and a leaflet with further information you need to follow it's not in my opinion an answer on any site that could be correct because you know her health sorry if it comes across as being blunt but it's only way and if you are concerned call 111 ask a professional"

I didn't no that she had been given anything till a few minutes ago when I took her bottle up and asked her a couple of things.I'm getting plenty of posotive advice and feedback I think it's me just over worrying all the time about her.thank you

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's random whether any/what or no side effects can be experienced and the 2nd dose may be easier.

I'd contact NHS 111 or her GPs out of hours for advice, if uncertain. You can probably get the information leaflet advice online for her vaccine too, for fuller details.

Lancashire

"i in doubt ring for help and get a 2nd opinion"
I will do thank you

Sounds pretty normal. When I get the flu jab I feel tired and achey the next day.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Thank you everyone for your advice I've just took her a hot water bottle up and she said she got told she might have these symptoms told me not to worry (easier said than done ) but if she's still like this tomorrow I will phone the doctors thanks everyone x"

She will be ok I'm sure

Lancashire

"Sounds pretty normal. When I get the flu jab I feel tired and achey the next day. "
thank you I feel a lot easier now with people's replys.

Lancashire

"Thank you everyone for your advice I've just took her a hot water bottle up and she said she got told she might have these symptoms told me not to worry (easier said than done ) but if she's still like this tomorrow I will phone the doctors thanks everyone x

She will be ok I'm sure

"

thank you

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Hi everyone just need my mind putting to rest.my mum had the virus jab yesterday and she's been ill all day sleeping aches and pains feeling sick .am I worrying about nothing or is it normal reactions she's all I've got left in life and I'm scared of losing her.thank you for advice x

She would've been given advice at time of the vaccine and a leaflet with further information you need to follow it's not in my opinion an answer on any site that could be correct because you know her health sorry if it comes across as being blunt but it's only way and if you are concerned call 111 ask a professional I didn't no that she had been given anything till a few minutes ago when I took her bottle up and asked her a couple of things.I'm getting plenty of posotive advice and feedback I think it's me just over worrying all the time about her.thank you"

I totally understand your position but the leaflet will help and hopefully have a speedy recovery

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

If I were you I'd ring 111 and speak to a nurse for some reassurance otherwise you'll not get any sleep tonight!

I had it Sunday don’t feel great either try not to worry

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

She would've been given advice at time of the vaccine and a leaflet with further information you need to follow it's not in my opinion an answer on any site that could be correct because you know her health sorry if it comes across as being blunt but it's only way and if you are concerned call 111 ask a professional"

111 is very.... Erm

Patchy in my experience... Some OK, some absolute rubbish.

By *andAukCouple  over a year ago

leeds

I know someone who's partner has had it (health worker.) She had aches for a couple of days,generally feeling down. Was fine after a couple of days rest.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Thank you everyone for your advice I've just took her a hot water bottle up and she said she got told she might have these symptoms told me not to worry (easier said than done ) but if she's still like this tomorrow I will phone the doctors thanks everyone x"
they tell you that if the symptoms persist for more than 48 hours to consult your gp. All the vaccinations seem to have similar side effects and all of those are amoung the more common ones.

However there also seems to be sickness but going around ( had 8 friends and 2 of my older kids complain and have similar symptoms and not had the virus or vaccine. )

But if in doubt check with 111.... but do read the leaflets they give you.

Can be Normal if astra zeneca vaccine ( nhs vaccinator)

Drink fluids paracetamol. Should feel fine 2-5days

If unhappy contact 111

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

A friend had the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

Day after felt tired, sleepy and had the chills. She eased the worst of it with a hot water bottle, paracetamol, regular hydration and plenty of rest.

As others have said, contact 111 for extra guidance and reassurance.

I wish her all the best.

Lancashire

"If I were you I'd ring 111 and speak to a nurse for some reassurance otherwise you'll not get any sleep tonight!"
thank you everyone on here as been really helpfull I don't sleep much anyway I'm going to wait and see how she is tomorrow

Lancashire

Sorry if I've not replied to you all indivualy but thank you everyone for your comments means a lot and thank you for your advice.I guess I am just a panacking sort of person who wanted some advice and a piece of mind.thanks again everyone you have really helped xx

Normal side effects, she should have been given a leaflet explaining that, can last about 36 hours at most"

Oh thats interesting.

I know my partner didn't get a leaflet or told about any side effects actually neither did his mother. I was surprised by that, so should something be given out then?

Hope your mum feels better soon. X

Lancashire

"Hope your mum feels better soon. X"
thank you x

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Normal reaction in small minority of people. Can last for upto a week. Everyone is given a leaflet explaining possible side effects . K

Lancashire

"Normal reaction in small minority of people. Can last for upto a week. Everyone is given a leaflet explaining possible side effects . K "
thank you she's a lot better today think the worst of it is over now

» Add a new message to this topic