FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Virus...how it's changed us

Virus...how it's changed us

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *essi OP   Couple  over a year ago

suffolk

And by this I'm thinking outside the box..the things we all took for granted, popping down the shops, nipping to the pub for a drink with friends that ends up in a meal...etc etc

Discuss but please keep it pleasant, there's enough doom and gloom....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah. I do miss the pub to be fair. Anything else I’m not that bothered family know where I am or phone me not being rude to family but had my issues. The worse thing my girls are going crazy being stuck at home and missing there friends. Everything else well we can all do it on the internet.

Worse thing tho seeing Debenhams close ect. That’s awful the government won’t help them.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think it's exaggerated parts of human nature, for good and for ill. Shown people for who they are.

"Yeah. I do miss the pub to be fair. Anything else I’m not that bothered family know where I am or phone me not being rude to family but had my issues. The worse thing my girls are going crazy being stuck at home and missing there friends. Everything else well we can all do it on the internet.

Worse thing tho seeing Debenhams close ect. That’s awful the government won’t help them.

"

Debinghams was buggered long before covid came on the scene.

I should stress that Arcadia was a different matter though

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

"Worse thing tho seeing Debenhams close ect. That’s awful the government won’t help them.

"

Why mourn the loss of rubbish identikit chains of clothes shops? All they did was sell "fashion" people don't need, and which contributes to the planet destroying consumerism we are best rid of.

"Worse thing tho seeing Debenhams close ect. That’s awful the government won’t help them.

Why mourn the loss of rubbish identikit chains of clothes shops? All they did was sell "fashion" people don't need, and which contributes to the planet destroying consumerism we are best rid of."

And the job losses?

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

For me it’s walking down the street and seeing so many masks, people jumping out of your way like you’re a barrel of toxic waste. Might sound creepy but it was good seeing people’s faces, just a little smile here and there from a stranger. Gives you some hope, unfortunately the hope is dwindling as more and more people seem to be covering their face. That, for me, is the saddest part.

On the plus side, errrm can’t think of any. All I think of whilst in lockdowns is the adverse effects these lockdowns have on people’s mental health. I feel so sorry for these people, this unfortunately has been totally disregarded in favour of the lockdowns. I myself have never suffered from depression and on the whole I think I’m quite positive, however with all this going it’s started to affect me, can only imagine how people with actual mental health issues must be feeling.

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

"And the job losses?"

Gives people an opportunity to re-train and do something worthwhile.

On the plus side it has provoked some overweight people into seriously making the attempt to lose weight.

Can’t be bad both for them and for society at large . . . so to speak.

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

"And by this I'm thinking outside the box..the things we all took for granted, popping down the shops, nipping to the pub for a drink with friends that ends up in a meal...etc etc

Discuss but please keep it pleasant, there's enough doom and gloom...."

I took it for granted that I would get a cold every winter. This year however I haven’t, which has definitely made me think about how better to avoid getting one in the future.

I definitely took my friends and family for granted. I mean they were there to get together with whenever I wanted weren’t they?!

Hugging. I didn’t think it was something I was that bothered about, but I really miss hugging friends and family.

"On the plus side it has provoked some overweight people into seriously making the attempt to lose weight.

Can’t be bad both for them and for society at large . . . so to speak. "

Are you on a diet?

"And by this I'm thinking outside the box..the things we all took for granted, popping down the shops, nipping to the pub for a drink with friends that ends up in a meal...etc etc

People in my town have pulled together and volunteered to help their neighbours and strangers.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The huge huge positive for me is that I've healed my relationship with my parents.

I never dared hope that would be.

When things go seriously wrong, we share some very core values, and that's what matters most. I've rarely felt as foreign as this pandemic has made me feel - but I'm not crazy, just different.

It's been utterly excruciating having them be unreachable, but they're safe.

I think my father has told me he's proud of me more in the last eleven months than in the previous ten years. I've cried. A lot.

suffolk

People in my town have pulled together and volunteered to help their neighbours and strangers. "

That's so good to hear, thinking about the community and helping

suffolk

"The huge huge positive for me is that I've healed my relationship with my parents.

I never dared hope that would be.

When things go seriously wrong, we share some very core values, and that's what matters most. I've rarely felt as foreign as this pandemic has made me feel - but I'm not crazy, just different.

It's been utterly excruciating having them be unreachable, but they're safe.

I think my father has told me he's proud of me more in the last eleven months than in the previous ten years. I've cried. A lot."

That's great

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Why mourn the loss of rubbish identikit chains of clothes shops? All they did was sell "fashion" people don't need, and which contributes to the planet destroying consumerism we are best rid of.

And the job losses?"

Yes, but Phillip man of the people Green is doing ok in Monaco...on his yacht. We are all in this together..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

People in my town have pulled together and volunteered to help their neighbours and strangers. "

Ditto here, there's quite a few on the goodsam app too..

suffolk

People in my town have pulled together and volunteered to help their neighbours and strangers.

Ditto here, there's quite a few on the goodsam app too..

"

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

What's outside the box about this?

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

It’s certainly brainwashed 90% of people on here. Lol

By *lbinoGorillaMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"And the job losses?

Gives people an opportunity to re-train and do something worthwhile."

In the meantime, they pay their mortgages how?

Or are they acceptable collateral damage in your eyes? Especially if you get to snap up a few repossessed houses on the cheap?

» Add a new message to this topic