FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > European kids

European kids

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usybee73 OP   Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

From what I understand French and German kids are at school.

Our government said they are following the scientists in not sending the kids in.

Whose right?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Absolute no brainier this, get the schools open. Ridiculous it’s even being discussed. Crazy bonkers.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I imagine that all governments will be examining the unique conditions in their own countries, given that the effect has not been uniform. They'll also be addressing mitigation policies.

The same science can well come up with different solutions in different environments

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

That’s that then. Settled. Close the thread.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Given that the disease is still running rampant and there is potentially a new strain just emerged.. probally best to tread carefully before putting thousands of kids back in the same environment.

in the sticks

So our science advisers are wrong? What else are they wrong about?

Manchester (she/her)

"So our science advisers are wrong? What else are they wrong about?"

I certainly didn't say that

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Given that the disease is still running rampant and there is potentially a new strain just emerged.. probally best to tread carefully before putting thousands of kids back in the same environment. "

Have to agree already been few different strains who’s to say a new strain may affect young kids. Not easy to make kids keep to two meters apart.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"From what I understand French and German kids are at school.

Our government said they are following the scientists in not sending the kids in.

Whose right? "

Well I hate to break it to you,but almost every school is still open in some capacity some at greatly reduced numbers but many with upto 50% full.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I imagine that all governments will be examining the unique conditions in their own countries, given that the effect has not been uniform. They'll also be addressing mitigation policies.

The same science can well come up with different solutions in different environments "

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

School staff need to be vaccinated before schools open imo

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Schools are a hub be between all communities and ages, a readily accessible route for virus transfusion. It's right to be cautious about reopening those interconnections, when everybody else needs to be isolated.

Some or none may have got it right. We've got a poor track record. There's more evidence now and it's more essential than ever that we follow it. It's a highly dangerous time to take any further wrong, poorly thought through steps.

in the sticks

Whose right?

Well I hate to break it to you,but almost every school is still open in some capacity some at greatly reduced numbers but many with upto 50% full.

"

But full capacity in France and Germany, who are way behind the vaccine rate compared to the UK

So is anyone going to attempt to answer or question, or just .... Bury their heads in the sand

Manchester (she/her)

Whose right?

But full capacity in France and Germany, who are way behind the vaccine rate compared to the UK

So is anyone going to attempt to answer or question, or just .... Bury their heads in the sand"

Different situations. Different mitigation methods.

Therefore different justification. Even with the same science.

You're most welcome

in the sticks

Whose right?

So is anyone going to attempt to answer or question, or just .... Bury their heads in the sand

You're most welcome "

Prove your point

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Fooking bigger news, Amazon boss has just stood down.

That should be a warning to us all.

Anyway, back to the scaremongering!

liverpool

Whose right?

So is anyone going to attempt to answer or question, or just .... Bury their heads in the sand"

Arent their death rates lower than ours?

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

Would be interesting to see what their death and transmission rates look like compared to ours, also if they closed schools over the first lockdown this time last year (almost)

Manchester (she/her)

Whose right?

You're most welcome

Prove your point "

Prove what? That different results come from different situations?

That's self evident.

in the sticks

Whose right?

You're most welcome

Prove your point

That's self evident."

In that case no ... won't bother interacting in future as it gets boring quite fast, and feel free to start your own threads

Manchester (she/her)

Oh I'm sorry logical inference is insufficiently entertaining for you. This global pandemic pile of bodies business sure is a barrel of laughs.

"Would be interesting to see what their death and transmission rates look like compared to ours, also if they closed schools over the first lockdown this time last year (almost)"

Here's part of it

Deaths Today

Germany 990

France 485

I can't answer as to why but France has a higher case rate than us even with a lower test rate. However, they have a higher population and lower death rates too.

I don't know what to make of all this though

Manchester (she/her)

"Would be interesting to see what their death and transmission rates look like compared to ours, also if they closed schools over the first lockdown this time last year (almost)

Here's part of it

Deaths Today

Germany 990

France 485"

Lower rates than the UK per capita. Unsurprising.

"Would be interesting to see what their death and transmission rates look like compared to ours, also if they closed schools over the first lockdown this time last year (almost)

Here's part of it

Deaths Today

Germany 990

France 485

Lower rates than the UK per capita. Unsurprising."

Per capita the only place worse then us in Europe is Belgium...but today's death toll there is only 32.

Manchester (she/her)

Here's part of it

Deaths Today

Germany 990

France 485

Lower rates than the UK per capita. Unsurprising.

Per capita the only place worse then us in Europe is Belgium...but today's death toll there is only 32."

Yes. But, although apparently insufficiently entertaining, that would potentially be one factor playing into the opening of German and French schools.

Whose right? "

How can you possibly compare German scientific advice to ours?

Whose right? "

Well we've been dubbed "plague island", usually the scientists are only right if it's politically expedient

"Oh I'm sorry logical inference is insufficiently entertaining for you. This global pandemic pile of bodies business sure is a barrel of laughs."

I shouldn’t laugh... but I am

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I read somewhere that the science says they should go for a full shutdown again but macron doesnt want to but it may well happen in the coming week to coincide with a 2 week half term if the cases keep rising.

By *d4funtimesMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

Whose right? "

There, proper medical masks are compulsory in the classrooms. When families don't or can't afford them, the councils give them free to kids and don't chase up parents to 50p back. Here, they were banned in the classroom. It is not helping when kids are asymptomatic with high viral load, acting as a reservoir of the infections.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I found this article an interesting read ‘ Is France right to keep its schools open during the pandemic?’ on the local . fr (remove the spaces)

One big difference is all teachers and students aged 6 and above need to wear masks all day at school

On a mooch

As for Germany most schools remain closed, my relatives kids are still at home and not expected back before 14 February and likely to be extended home work

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

Whose right? "

Well I guess our government scientists are basing their theories on the UK, not France or Germany, Lots of variables such as infection rates etc, according to some people we can't compare death rates, how can we compare other rates and what gets done to combat them between countries.

If we were really interested in learning something we might find useful, then we could ask ourselves what and why we are doing things differently to somewhere like New Zealand...

I got friends over in Germany and there kids are not at school,still doing home schooling till march at the earliest

Our youngest used to do mon wens fri

One week and tues third the next week but today is his last day Ashe is dropping out.

Imho all schools should be closed..

T

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

No one is right, every country is trying what it thinks is the right way to stem the flow of transmission, the way sars-cov-2 transmits is through close contact and not frequently washing/sanitising our hands, with these new strains it probably should be 2m apart again, but on your day to day activities how many people even manage to do that, the supermarkets Isles are not wide enough, so the one way system should be re Introduced for example

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

Whose right?

You're most welcome

Prove your point

That's self evident.

In that case no ... won't bother interacting in future as it gets boring quite fast, and feel free to start your own threads "

Seems like you're not interested in what other people have to say and you already know the answer to you own question.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"So our science advisers are wrong? What else are they wrong about?

I certainly didn't say that"

Funny how something that's clearly written, and quite obvious, can be completely (and wilfully) twisted to mean something completely different.

E

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Whose right?

"

I agree, cycled past my local primary last week it was rammed with kids out in the playground on lunch break, I have friends who can’t cope at home as working so have sent their kids in and they are not key workers.

Manchester (she/her)

Whose right?

You're most welcome

Prove your point

That's self evident.

In that case no ... won't bother interacting in future as it gets boring quite fast, and feel free to start your own threads

Seems like you're not interested in what other people have to say and you already know the answer to you own question."

It would seem to be a poor reason to begin a conversation in a forum.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Whose right? "

Sorry to burst your bubble but German schools are not open and won't be for at least a couple more weeks, more likely longer.

Whose right?

Well I guess our government scientists are basing their theories on the UK, not France or Germany, Lots of variables such as infection rates etc, according to some people we can't compare death rates, how can we compare other rates and what gets done to combat them between countries.

If we were really interested in learning something we might find useful, then we could ask ourselves what and why we are doing things differently to somewhere like New Zealand... "

That's pointless as Bern said many times. More people in Lancashire than New Zealand

Manchester (she/her)

Whose right?

If we were really interested in learning something we might find useful, then we could ask ourselves what and why we are doing things differently to somewhere like New Zealand...

That's pointless as Bern said many times. More people in Lancashire than New Zealand "

So?

Are we not an island?

Greater population in Taiwan and they've had eight deaths. Not today. Total.

Let's pretend we're a first world sovereign nation and can be treated like adults

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

Whose right?

You're most welcome

Prove your point

That's self evident.

Seems like you're not interested in what other people have to say and you already know the answer to you own question.

It would seem to be a poor reason to begin a conversation in a forum. "

True to form though.

E

liverpool

Whose right?

That's pointless as Bern said many times. More people in Lancashire than New Zealand "

Look at the figures of Japan compared to ours.

On a mooch

Whose right?

That's pointless as Bern said many times. More people in Lancashire than New Zealand

Look at the figures of Japan compared to ours."

Completely different culture in so many ways - to name a few, follow the rules, basic respect for others and healthier diet

By *erriAnneTV/TS  over a year ago

The shire

"Absolute no brainier this, get the schools open. Ridiculous it’s even being discussed. Crazy bonkers. "

And last time the r number shot up at a ridiculous rate. For the sake of a few more weeks keep them closed. Absolute madness to open them. Can't believe its even being discussed. Crazy bonkers.

Whose right?

So?

Are we not an island?

Greater population in Taiwan and they've had eight deaths. Not today. Total.

Let's pretend we're a first world sovereign nation and can be treated like adults "

Yes, obviously we are an island but absolutely cannot compare,

Population density or is that not a major factor???

Now you're stretching it. Taiwan. Haha dear me

Whose right?

Actually, if you're going to maje comparisons, why not compare cities within miles of Wuhan? How many deaths in Beijing or other Eastern cities?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Whose right?

If we were really interested in learning something we might find useful, then we could ask ourselves what and why we are doing things differently to somewhere like New Zealand... "

I might have to punch the next person who thinks the UK can be compared to New Zealand when it comes to controlling Covid

teleford

Whose right?

There is limited value in comparing nations figures, the methodology in each country’s figures and testing processes is vastly different

Manchester (she/her)

Whose right?

There is limited value in comparing nations figures, the methodology in each country’s figures and testing processes is vastly different "

The UK claims it's world beating repeatedly. And yet when people try to make comparisons we're told it's unreasonable. Why?

Same science, same sovereignty. Island advantage. Advance warning compared to some countries

Or is "world beating" just a lullaby or lie to tell ourselves?

I like holding adults to standards so we can improve.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

Whose right? "

Kids in Berlin are not at school

I only read like the first 10 posts in this thread and felt like my IQ took a deeper dive than sterling pound after the Brexit vote.

South

We have the highest number of kids per class than any European county we also operate in the smallest classrooms. Most European schools ‘full capacity’ is our 50-60% which is the level most schools are open to now anyway.

South

Whose right?

I’ve answered .. see above

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Whose right?

One issue, we are not in Germany or France. Maybe the EU are advising schools in those countries, differently to the UK.

Whose right? "

Each country has very different adherence, social and demographic issues. Science for one may not necessarily be the right science for another.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Genuine question ~ The government hope to have the top 4 priority groups vaccinated by mid February and then move on down the list. They can then think about opening schools up at some point in March. What difference does it make that vunerable and older people have had the vaccine to whether school's open again or not?

I think I'm missing something here, or just being a bit thick!

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Lippy kids on the corner again......Lippy kids on the corner begin settling like crows

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

"We have the highest number of kids per class than any European county we also operate in the smallest classrooms. Most European schools ‘full capacity’ is our 50-60% which is the level most schools are open to now anyway. "

Bullshit, Irish government also keep saying that, where did u get that info? Mostly everywhere is around 20-30 kids in the class and schools are open in most countries

South

"We have the highest number of kids per class than any European county we also operate in the smallest classrooms. Most European schools ‘full capacity’ is our 50-60% which is the level most schools are open to now anyway.

Bullshit, Irish government also keep saying that, where did u get that info? Mostly everywhere is around 20-30 kids in the class and schools are open in most countries "

Stastia education data ... 32 kids in my class. 34 in the year above ... KS1 is capped at 30 KS2 no upper limit. Year before last I had 34

The United Kingdom had an average of 26 students per class in 2018, the highest in Europe in that year. Europe's largest country, Germany had an average class size of 21 students, while Luxembourg had an average of just 15.9 students per class.

South

"Genuine question ~ The government hope to have the top 4 priority groups vaccinated by mid February and then move on down the list. They can then think about opening schools up at some point in March. What difference does it make that vunerable and older people have had the vaccine to whether school's open again or not?

I think I'm missing something here, or just being a bit thick! "

Just means less pressure on NHS as the ones that are most likely to need hospitalisation will be vaccinated. So virus will be around just kill less people

South

"We have the highest number of kids per class than any European county we also operate in the smallest classrooms. Most European schools ‘full capacity’ is our 50-60% which is the level most schools are open to now anyway.

Bullshit, Irish government also keep saying that, where did u get that info? Mostly everywhere is around 20-30 kids in the class and schools are open in most countries "

I recently surveyed 500 primary school teachers in the UK - 20% had less than 30 (none less that 28) 90% had 30-35 and 10% had more than 35

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/05/up-to-100-uk-children-a-week-hospitalised-with-rare-post-covid-disease

"

It has been reported that there have been big outbreaks in primary schools in Lombardia and Israel at the moment too, no links for that yet

Costa Blanca Spain...

Whose right?

One issue, we are not in Germany or France. Maybe the EU are advising schools in those countries, differently to the UK."

Advice? Possibly. However lockdown and school closures are down to individual member states.

Reading some of the comments it seems that some posters still believe the original post. It is NOT correct.

I will say it one more time.

German schools are CLOSED!

And will be for a while yet.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Genuine question ~ The government hope to have the top 4 priority groups vaccinated by mid February and then move on down the list. They can then think about opening schools up at some point in March. What difference does it make that vunerable and older people have had the vaccine to whether school's open again or not?

Just means less pressure on NHS as the ones that are most likely to need hospitalisation will be vaccinated. So virus will be around just kill less people "

Thanks, I get that but Boris has said that when the vunerable are vaccinated that's when he can consider opening schools up.

South

Just means less pressure on NHS as the ones that are most likely to need hospitalisation will be vaccinated. So virus will be around just kill less people

Thanks, I get that but Boris has said that when the vunerable are vaccinated that's when he can consider opening schools up."

Because children while not usually seriously ill are plague rats and vectors of transmission and would bring the virus home to vulnerable. Once vulnerable are protected then there is less risk of hospitals being overwhelmed.

Whose right?

I might have to punch the next person who thinks the UK can be compared to New Zealand when it comes to controlling Covid "

Absolutely

Whose right?

There is limited value in comparing nations figures, the methodology in each country’s figures and testing processes is vastly different

The UK claims it's world beating repeatedly. And yet when people try to make comparisons we're told it's unreasonable. Why?

Same science, same sovereignty. Island advantage. Advance warning compared to some countries

I like holding adults to standards so we can improve."

Ok, other than Israel, name countries that are beating our vaccination programme

"Given that the disease is still running rampant and there is potentially a new strain just emerged.. probally best to tread carefully before putting thousands of kids back in the same environment.

Have to agree already been few different strains who’s to say a new strain may affect young kids. Not easy to make kids keep to two meters apart. "

Playing devils advocate here.

But follow this train of thought forward and do we never send children back in to formal education on the off chance that there might be a new strain of virus or illness that will effect children more. And there for forever damage our children’s future by having sub standard home education and no formal qualifications ( I realise no all home educated children will receive sub standard education. But believe a significant amount will)

On a mooch

"Given that the disease is still running rampant and there is potentially a new strain just emerged.. probally best to tread carefully before putting thousands of kids back in the same environment.

Have to agree already been few different strains who’s to say a new strain may affect young kids. Not easy to make kids keep to two meters apart.

Playing devils advocate here.

But follow this train of thought forward and do we never send children back in to formal education on the off chance that there might be a new strain of virus or illness that will effect children more. And there for forever damage our children’s future by having sub standard home education and no formal qualifications ( I realise no all home educated children will receive sub standard education. But believe a significant amount will)

"

It doesn’t bear thinking about, enough treating them like lepers in the forum as it is but then saying no sorry you can’t go to school, get an education, socialise with your friends because there is no vaccine for you but the adults can be out and about, live a normal life.

School isn’t just text book learning it is social interaction and how to be around other people which you will not learn from a computer screen

Manchester (she/her)

Whose right?

Ok, other than Israel, name countries that are beating our vaccination programme "

First tell me why we can't ever compare when it's bad.

Because this is exactly my point.

We're amazing when it suits us but it's not fair when it doesn't. This is juvenile.

Manchester (she/her)

Our world in data. The league table of *fully* vaccinated by percentage of population (because no I do not accept the government bait and switch) is as follows.

Israel, UAE, Denmark, Italy, Slovenia, Iceland, Spain, Malta, Estonia, Poland, Germany, Romania, UK.

The UK is thirteenth, or twelfth if we exclude Israel. You're welcome.

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

The other restrictions are much tighter in France. People here wouldn’t accept the 6pm-6am curfew, nor the rest of the restrictions. They certainly wouldn’t accept filling a form every time they left home after 6pm or kids over 6 wearing masks all day in school.

It’s not like France chucked the doors open. You’re comparing apples with pears.

liverpool

"Our world in data. The league table of *fully* vaccinated by percentage of population (because no I do not accept the government bait and switch) is as follows.

Israel, UAE, Denmark, Italy, Slovenia, Iceland, Spain, Malta, Estonia, Poland, Germany, Romania, UK.

The UK is thirteenth, or twelfth if we exclude Israel. You're welcome."

Hang on a minute..boris said we were beating all Europe?

Manchester (she/her)

"Our world in data. The league table of *fully* vaccinated by percentage of population (because no I do not accept the government bait and switch) is as follows.

Hang on a minute..boris said we were beating all Europe?"

Only if we define things conveniently to suit us. It's a bit "I win because of the rules I made up to ensure I win". Juvenile.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

Only if we define things conveniently to suit us. It's a bit "I win because of the rules I made up to ensure I win". Juvenile."

Even when we're the best in the world, we're not really, when we play by their rules...

The vaccines are a massive bonus, but lets not kid ourselves there was any skill or judgement involved in the decision making process to secure them. They basically threw 100's of millions at any pharmaceutical company of any repute, thankfully not serco then, in the hope that some produced a working vaccine, fortunately the bet paid off in quite a good way, 5 of 7 vaccines so far have show a range of results from extremely useful and better. We'd be looking at a billion or so down the drain if the companies hadn't been so successful.

A gamble that paid off doesn't turn the last year into anything other than the shit show it was.

Manchester (she/her)

Only if we define things conveniently to suit us. It's a bit "I win because of the rules I made up to ensure I win". Juvenile.

Even when we're the best in the world, we're not really, when we play by their rules...

The vaccines are a massive bonus, but lets not kid ourselves there was any skill or judgement involved in the decision making process to secure them. They basically threw 100's of millions at any pharmaceutical company of any repute, thankfully not serco then, in the hope that some produced a working vaccine, fortunately the bet paid off in quite a good way, 5 of 7 vaccines so far have show a range of results from extremely useful and better. We'd be looking at a billion or so down the drain if the companies hadn't been so successful.

A gamble that paid off doesn't turn the last year into anything other than the shit show it was. "

Agreed.

And I don't want it to be this way. I elected to make the UK my home. I love this country.

But we're not going to get better by saying "we're world beating because we say so, no comparisons allowed, neener neener world beating". We get better by acknowledging we could have done better and learning from our mistakes.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

A gamble that paid off doesn't turn the last year into anything other than the shit show it was.

Agreed.

And I don't want it to be this way. I elected to make the UK my home. I love this country.

But we're not going to get better by saying "we're world beating because we say so, no comparisons allowed, neener neener world beating". We get better by acknowledging we could have done better and learning from our mistakes."

Absolutely. Learning and improving is the only way that we will ever get through this crisis.

Or we can just keep locking down too late, opening up too soon, using children as a vector to ensure it spreads wider, and readily importing new strains from abroad every day.

Do you want to still be doing the lockdown/openup dance next year, and the year after, and the year after? I don't.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

My niece has been off since last February. They went back briefly in September but have been back in lockdown since then. She'll be returning on Monday but it's alternate weeks to allow social distancing.

My sister is nervous about her going back but has no choice as the kids are given access codes for on line learning. The codes are only for the weeks she's not in school, so if she doesn't go in she can't join online.

She lives in Milan.

Costa Blanca Spain...

I'd love to see your source for that.

Even if true (which I doubt) using the word "fully" at this point in the vaccination roll out is (at least) disingenuous and more than misleading.

liverpool

Even if true (which I doubt) using the word "fully" at this point in the vaccination roll out is (at least) disingenuous and more than misleading.

"

Why do you doubt it?

Why is it misleading?

Whose right?

Ok, other than Israel, name countries that are beating our vaccination programme

We're amazing when it suits us but it's not fair when it doesn't. This is juvenile."

Bless

Manchester (she/her)

"

I don't know why it's misleading. A full course is required. Before that it's a partial treatment which no medical authority has authorised.

I don't know if I'm allowed to link it. Our World in Data, under "What share of the population has been fully vaccinated against Covid-19?"

Can you give the link to that data?

Manchester (she/her)

Whose right?

We're amazing when it suits us but it's not fair when it doesn't. This is juvenile.

Bless"

Ninth or tenth in Europe. World beating.

Bless.

So how about that world beating death rate, now I've come up with the data?

Manchester (she/her)

Can you give the link to that data? "

I'm not sure if it's allowed, but I've named the site and the header above.

Whose right?

It was answered very clearly already. You've just chosen to ignore it and carry on with your bias agenda. Which is a ridiculous conclusion to start with.

Whose right?

Bless

Bless.

So how about that world beating death rate, now I've come up with the data?"

Which is better 10 vulnerable people with 2 doses or 1000 with 1 dose.

Manchester (she/her)

Whose right?

Bless

Bless.

Which is better 10 vulnerable people with 2 doses or 1000 with 1 dose."

Our full vaccination rate is 0.74%.

Whose right?

Bless

Bless.

Our full vaccination rate is 0.74%. "

That’s not what I asked.

Manchester (she/her)

Whose right?

Bless

Bless.

That’s not what I asked."

I think the two should be balanced, which we are not doing. We are ramping up first jabs and claiming it's world beating.

Ten million versus half a million.

Whose right?

Bless

Bless.

That’s not what I asked.

I think the two should be balanced, which we are not doing. We are ramping up first jabs and claiming it's world beating.

Ten million versus half a million."

This government have spectacularly cocked up nearly everything to do with this pandemic however with the prevalence of Covid in the U.K. I think PHE are correct on this one.

The figures produced by AZ appears to support them.

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

Having looked at the info on Ourworldindata, the total number of FULL vaccinations of the countries that have been listed above are:

Israel 1.8 m

UAE 253K

Denmark 100K

Italy. 948K

Slovenia 29K

Iceland. 5K

Spain. 1.9m

Malta. 6K

Estonia. 16K

Poland. 395K

Germany. 830K

RomanIa. 163K

UK 496K

In terms of overall vaccinations, UK’s figure is about 11 million, Israel 4.9m, UAE 3.9m, Germany 3.0, Italy 2.3m and Spain 1.9m

E.& O.E.

Manchester (she/her)

"Having looked at the info on Ourworldindata, the total number of FULL vaccinations of the countries that have been listed above are:

Israel 1.8 m

UAE 253K

Denmark 100K

Italy. 948K

Slovenia 29K

Iceland. 5K

Spain. 1.9m

Malta. 6K

Estonia. 16K

Poland. 395K

Germany. 830K

RomanIa. 163K

UK 496K

In terms of overall vaccinations, UK’s figure is about 11 million, Israel 4.9m, UAE 3.9m, Germany 3.0, Italy 2.3m and Spain 1.9m

E.& O.E.

"

Correct.

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

"Having looked at the info on Ourworldindata, the total number of FULL vaccinations of the countries that have been listed above are:

Israel 1.8 m

UAE 253K

Denmark 100K

Italy. 948K

Slovenia 29K

Iceland. 5K

Spain. 1.9m

Malta. 6K

Estonia. 16K

Poland. 395K

Germany. 830K

RomanIa. 163K

UK 496K

E.& O.E.

Correct."

From those figures, we are 6million ahead of Israel and 8million ahead of Germany in overall vaccinations.

From a personal perspective, I’m OK with as many of the elderly and vulnerable as possible receiving the first dose as a matter of priority.

Manchester (she/her)

"

From those figures, we are 6million ahead of Israel and 8million ahead of Germany in overall vaccinations.

From a personal perspective, I’m OK with as many of the elderly and vulnerable as possible receiving the first dose as a matter of priority."

Percentage of population matters, and whether one prioritises full or partial vaccination.

The original thing was "look at the ways in which the UK are awesome". I think it's an unusual choice with vaccination which I dearly hope pays off, but it's unorthodox and risky. Hardly a glowing report on our overall performance.

I trust the government, yes they have made mistakes but , no government has ever gone through this before , but so far Boris and co have done good

liverpool

"I trust the government, yes they have made mistakes but , no government has ever gone through this before , but so far Boris and co have done good "

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"

From a personal perspective, I’m OK with as many of the elderly and vulnerable as possible receiving the first dose as a matter of priority.

Percentage of population matters, and whether one prioritises full or partial vaccination.

The original thing was "look at the ways in which the UK are awesome". I think it's an unusual choice with vaccination which I dearly hope pays off, but it's unorthodox and risky. Hardly a glowing report on our overall performance."

I think it's back to the selective bias, eager to spout 'world beating', like a d*unken parrot at any opportunity but carefully misdirecting attention, as there's such an huge range of failures in their trail.

Manchester (she/her)

"

The original thing was "look at the ways in which the UK are awesome". I think it's an unusual choice with vaccination which I dearly hope pays off, but it's unorthodox and risky. Hardly a glowing report on our overall performance.

I think it's back to the selective bias, eager to spout 'world beating', like a d*unken parrot at any opportunity but carefully misdirecting attention, as there's such an huge range of failures in their trail. "

Agreed.

As much as I want some 'us ' time again and some kind of routine for our kid again for people to say it doesn't effect kids is a joke. I mean our respiratory systems are all the same right ? Even if it's not generally causing the kids to many issues personally it's still travelling with them and effecting those more vulnerable I'd assume

Manchester (she/her)

"As much as I want some 'us ' time again and some kind of routine for our kid again for people to say it doesn't effect kids is a joke. I mean our respiratory systems are all the same right ? Even if it's not generally causing the kids to many issues personally it's still travelling with them and effecting those more vulnerable I'd assume "

There is an age correlation with severe disease (younger, less severe), although there's definitely groups of children who have long term effects. The systemic inflammatory disorder, particularly seen in children (although rare) is concerning.

teleford

Whose right?

I like holding adults to standards so we can improve."

Yes it’s a lie. The problem is finding data that is genuinely comparable.

Manchester (she/her)

Whose right?

Yes it’s a lie. The problem is finding data that is genuinely comparable."

There isn't any one for one comparison, but to say any comparison is invalid is only marginally better than "only positive comparisons are valid"

teleford

Whose right?

There isn't any one for one comparison, but to say any comparison is invalid is only marginally better than "only positive comparisons are valid""

What I’m saying in comparing stats like deaths per million doesn’t give the full picture when looked at in isolation. Different procedures in terms of testing and recording, different levels of truth in the figures too and different demographics, it’s complicated. Some countries simply don’t record Covid deaths as Covid deaths!

Manchester (she/her)

Whose right?

There isn't any one for one comparison, but to say any comparison is invalid is only marginally better than "only positive comparisons are valid"

What I’m saying in comparing stats like deaths per million doesn’t give the full picture when looked at in isolation. Different procedures in terms of testing and recording, different levels of truth in the figures too and different demographics, it’s complicated. Some countries simply don’t record Covid deaths as Covid deaths! "

Agreed, and figures will be messy for a variety of reasons, it's a crisis

But I think that broad comparison can be drawn between, say, first world countries or first world countries with similar cultures. It would seem that some want to dismiss any unfavourable comparison to the UK for reasons which are nonsense.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"I trust the government, yes they have made mistakes but , no government has ever gone through this before , but so far Boris and co have done good "

So far boris and co have got it wrong more often than if they had just flipped a coin! If we used the method of letting a gerbil run around in a box and looking which square it shat on first, it would do a better job than the government.

» Add a new message to this topic