FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Any shielders?

Any shielders?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi, firstly how are you coping during being locked in again, away from work etc, any tips or tricks to help your mind stay clear and stable? Also to help not be so sedentary?

I have had quite a few little bits to keep active with luckily.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I have lots of hobbies. Plus still working from home.

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

Shielding but also still working from home

Doing more hours than usual it seems so no time to get inside my head thinking about shielding

I haven't got the 'luxury' to work from home in my profession, so I'm rather stuck

Also wondering if anyone of you peoples may have had information or actually already received your vaccination yet?

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Shielding, working from home and a carer. Just getting on with it cos what's the alternative? I don't feel spectacular but soldiering on prevents me from dwelling on it all. Insomnia has become a thing now though. Am currently trying to counter that with exercise which has been missing in my life since December.

"Also wondering if anyone of you peoples may have had information or actually already received your vaccination yet?"

My mum received a letter but doesn't mention anything about me being offered it but I'm not on any official register as a carer although she is now registered at same address as me and GP knows but I understand vaccinations aren't decided by GP surgeries but NHS?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Also wondering if anyone of you peoples may have had information or actually already received your vaccination yet?

My mum received a letter but doesn't mention anything about me being offered it but I'm not on any official register as a carer although she is now registered at same address as me and GP knows but I understand vaccinations aren't decided by GP surgeries but NHS? "

Hello. You can register with your GP as your mum's carer, I've just done this. I was told I would be priority in group 6. I care for 2 family members and this week was rushed into hospital and struggled to find help to look after them. I saw my GP on Monday and asked for an appointment for the jab, as I couldn't get ill again..she said they couldn't , they are very strict. But get yourself registered

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi, firstly how are you coping during being locked in again, away from work etc, any tips or tricks to help your mind stay clear and stable? Also to help not be so sedentary?

I have had quite a few little bits to keep active with luckily."

I'm shielding, it's not much fun at times but keeps me safe. I go for walks but avoid getting close to others walking.

I've had my first jab on saturday

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Had mine a couple of weeks ago.

"Also wondering if anyone of you peoples may have had information or actually already received your vaccination yet?

My mum received a letter but doesn't mention anything about me being offered it but I'm not on any official register as a carer although she is now registered at same address as me and GP knows but I understand vaccinations aren't decided by GP surgeries but NHS?

Hello. You can register with your GP as your mum's carer, I've just done this. I was told I would be priority in group 6. I care for 2 family members and this week was rushed into hospital and struggled to find help to look after them. I saw my GP on Monday and asked for an appointment for the jab, as I couldn't get ill again..she said they couldn't , they are very strict. But get yourself registered "

Thanks.. I'll do that!

chelmsford

Hello. You can register with your GP as your mum's carer, I've just done this. I was told I would be priority in group 6. I care for 2 family members and this week was rushed into hospital and struggled to find help to look after them. I saw my GP on Monday and asked for an appointment for the jab, as I couldn't get ill again..she said they couldn't , they are very strict. But get yourself registered

Thanks.. I'll do that! "

You're welcome I just phoned mine. Best wishes.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

I'm shielding but luckily I'm working from home, too, so not too bad. It's pretty lonely at times, but what can you do?

I've got my vaccination appointment this coming Saturday.

But I really need to be a bit more mobile - I'm putting on so much weight!

"Also wondering if anyone of you peoples may have had information or actually already received your vaccination yet?"

Ok so coincidentally earlier I got a call from my gp surgery to have my vaccine Saturday! I'm well happy and relieved that this will hopefully offer me and potentially others some protection against a nasty virus

"I'm shielding but luckily I'm working from home, too, so not too bad. It's pretty lonely at times, but what can you do?

But I really need to be a bit more mobile - I'm putting on so much weight! "

Yes I get the mobility part, I'm not so much gaining weight but think I'm getting very stiff and sure I have back pain from all the sitting around that I'm not normally akin to doing if at work!

I have done various bits around the house but it's nothing to really get your pulse raised and I've never been one for gyms or workouts, just going for the odd walk etc. here and there

By *erriAnneTV/TS  over a year ago

The shire

Learned to play electric piano last lockdown and during my allowed exercise I played a lot of golf. this one I'm just taking it day at a time. It can't be as long as last time. Can't wait for my jab

Thanks.. I'll do that!

You're welcome I just phoned mine. Best wishes."

Called my GP just now and they said that carers were not eligible. Certainly not in our area at least. I will speak to the oncologist later who may have some idea to confirm but I doubt she'll know tbh.

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

Thanks.. I'll do that!

Called my GP just now and they said that carers were not eligible. Certainly not in our area at least. I will speak to the oncologist later who may have some idea to confirm but I doubt she'll know tbh. "

Unofficial carers have been asked to make contact with GP practices near me to get booked in. Such a shame that it’s hit and miss!!! X

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

Thanks.. I'll do that!

Called my GP just now and they said that carers were not eligible. Certainly not in our area at least. I will speak to the oncologist later who may have some idea to confirm but I doubt she'll know tbh.

Unofficial carers have been asked to make contact with GP practices near me to get booked in. Such a shame that it’s hit and miss!!! X"

Unpaid is the better word... not unofficial... no offence intended

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

"I'm shielding but luckily I'm working from home, too, so not too bad. It's pretty lonely at times, but what can you do?

Yes I get the mobility part, I'm not so much gaining weight but think I'm getting very stiff and sure I have back pain from all the sitting around that I'm not normally akin to doing if at work!

I have done various bits around the house but it's nothing to really get your pulse raised and I've never been one for gyms or workouts, just going for the odd walk etc. here and there"

I'm definitely gaining weight cos all I'm doing is comfort eating

Shielding, working from home, and feel very lucky to have had the jab on NYE.

Thanks.. I'll do that!

Unofficial carers have been asked to make contact with GP practices near me to get booked in. Such a shame that it’s hit and miss!!! X

Unpaid is the better word... not unofficial... no offence intended "

I get ya. I was trying to think of the appropriate term myself. I think the gov expert committee are only recommending that carers be vaccinated but further guidance may materialise imminently. The recommendation was for carers to be registered with their GP in the meantime should legislation change.

Yes I know a shielder who is 50 who has had the vaccine so they have started that group in most areas so hopefully you won't have to wait long.

Thanks.. I'll do that!

Unofficial carers have been asked to make contact with GP practices near me to get booked in. Such a shame that it’s hit and miss!!! X"

Unofficial carers as long as they are registered with the GP as a carer are being included in group 6. They haven't started that group yet but also group 6 is the biggest group as its at least 8 million people so it will take time.

chelmsford

Thanks.. I'll do that!

I get ya. I was trying to think of the appropriate term myself. I think the gov expert committee are only recommending that carers be vaccinated but further guidance may materialise imminently. The recommendation was for carers to be registered with their GP in the meantime should legislation change. "

Oh dear. Have a look on CarersUK, it says unpaid carers are included on the priority list in Group 6. But you need to register with your GP. That should be nationwide. Sorry you're having this worry..

Thanks.. I'll do that!

I get ya. I was trying to think of the appropriate term myself. I think the gov expert committee are only recommending that carers be vaccinated but further guidance may materialise imminently. The recommendation was for carers to be registered with their GP in the meantime should legislation change.

Oh dear. Have a look on CarersUK, it says unpaid carers are included on the priority list in Group 6. But you need to register with your GP. That should be nationwide. Sorry you're having this worry.."

Thanks... This is what I was referring to really. The inclusion of carers in Priority 6 is currently just ADVICE from The Joint Committee on Vaccination but is due for review in early Feb which is now so will need to have our ear to the ground

chelmsford

Thanks.. I'll do that!

Oh dear. Have a look on CarersUK, it says unpaid carers are included on the priority list in Group 6. But you need to register with your GP. That should be nationwide. Sorry you're having this worry..

Thanks... This is what I was referring to really. The inclusion of carers in Priority 6 is currently just ADVICE from The Joint Committee on Vaccination but is due for review in early Feb which is now so will need to have our ear to the ground "

Ok, areas must be different, I had to see my GP again and she confirmed I was priority group 6, when I asked. We'll have to wait and see. I hope your mum is ok. X

Thanks.. I'll do that!

Thanks... This is what I was referring to really. The inclusion of carers in Priority 6 is currently just ADVICE from The Joint Committee on Vaccination but is due for review in early Feb which is now so will need to have our ear to the ground

Ok, areas must be different, I had to see my GP again and she confirmed I was priority group 6, when I asked. We'll have to wait and see. I hope your mum is ok. X"

It shouldn't be the areas are different because it is a national roll out but some areas seem more organised than on the ball than others.

chelmsford

Thanks.. I'll do that!

Ok, areas must be different, I had to see my GP again and she confirmed I was priority group 6, when I asked. We'll have to wait and see. I hope your mum is ok. X

It shouldn't be the areas are different because it is a national roll out but some areas seem more organised than on the ball than others. "

Yes they are Lorna. Sooner the better though

I've just had a little look online and it does look like the decision has been made for unpaid carers to be in group 6 but I can't post any links because their not from Main news outlets but charities.

It's definitely looking that way but it is also looking like from what people have said the news hasn't filtered down to surgeries.

chelmsford

"I've just had a little look online and it does look like the decision has been made for unpaid carers to be in group 6 but I can't post any links because their not from Main news outlets but charities.

It's definitely looking that way but it is also looking like from what people have said the news hasn't filtered down to surgeries. "

Yes, that's how I understand it Lorna. Ive spoken twice to my Gp and to the nurse who jabbed my dad and she said group 6 for unpaid carers.

Thanks.. I'll do that!

Ok, areas must be different, I had to see my GP again and she confirmed I was priority group 6, when I asked. We'll have to wait and see. I hope your mum is ok. X"

Thanks... She is a bit wary of everything right now and unless she hears something straight from the mouth of her consultant is naturally nervous going forwards. My sister doesn't help matters by always questioning everything. But I have now booked it for next Friday in between her fortnightly chemotherapy which we've assured she'll be able to cope with which was mum's concern. I'll still register as her carer but won't hold my breath and simply wait my turn like everyone else.

chelmsford

Thanks.. I'll do that!

Thanks... She is a bit wary of everything right now and unless she hears something straight from the mouth of her consultant is naturally nervous going forwards. My sister doesn't help matters by always questioning everything. But I have now booked it for next Friday in between her fortnightly chemotherapy which we've assured she'll be able to cope with which was mum's concern. I'll still register as her carer but won't hold my breath and simply wait my turn like everyone else. "

Bless her, she will be naturally nervous about anything at the moment , because of her journey with cancer. Sounds like you are doing a great job supporting her

Thanks.. I'll do that!

Thanks... She is a bit wary of everything right now and unless she hears something straight from the mouth of her consultant is naturally nervous going forwards. My sister doesn't help matters by always questioning everything. But I have now booked it for next Friday in between her fortnightly chemotherapy which we've assured she'll be able to cope with which was mum's concern. I'll still register as her carer but won't hold my breath and simply wait my turn like everyone else.

Bless her, she will be naturally nervous about anything at the moment , because of her journey with cancer. Sounds like you are doing a great job supporting her "

Well I wish I could cook homemade food for her like how she does it. But I'm doing my best!

chelmsford

Thanks.. I'll do that!

Bless her, she will be naturally nervous about anything at the moment , because of her journey with cancer. Sounds like you are doing a great job supporting her

Well I wish I could cook homemade food for her like how she does it. But I'm doing my best! "

And I'm sure she really appreciates it..it's lovely when someone else cooks for you

I have just checked and adult carers that are unpaid are now in group 6.

If you look at the breakdown of who is in that group Adult unpaid carers have been added to that at the bottom.

"I have just checked and adult carers that are unpaid are now in group 6.

If you look at the breakdown of who is in that group Adult unpaid carers have been added to that at the bottom. "

Just to add ease and officially on the government website but I found it it really useful website actually called the green book which gives you a really good breakdown all the stats as well.

They have been added a long side younger adults in care home or supported settings.

chelmsford

If you look at the breakdown of who is in that group Adult unpaid carers have been added to that at the bottom.

Just to add ease and officially on the government website but I found it it really useful website actually called the green book which gives you a really good breakdown all the stats as well.

They have been added a long side younger adults in care home or supported settings. "

Thanks Lorna

By *istress-MazikeenWoman  over a year ago

bolton

Had my first vaccination on Tuesday.

Had my first vaccination on Tuesday."

I have done various bits around the house but it's nothing to really get your pulse raised and I've never been one for gyms or workouts, just going for the odd walk etc. here and there

I'm definitely gaining weight cos all I'm doing is comfort eating "

I was hoping this thread may not only be informative to a fellow reclusive but maybe inspiring to give you willpower to fill your time with other things, ironically shagging/swinging would be ideal to count some of those lonely uncomfortable moments away.

I do see light at the end of the tunnel and things will change for the better I'm adamant

I'm definitely gaining weight cos all I'm doing is comfort eating

I was hoping this thread may not only be informative to a fellow reclusive but maybe inspiring to give you willpower to fill your time with other things, ironically shagging/swinging would be ideal to count some of those lonely uncomfortable moments away.

I do see light at the end of the tunnel and things will change for the better I'm adamant "

I personally have tried to have at least one 'project' or task that I must do each day, but I'm good at setting things to do

They have been added a long side younger adults in care home or supported settings.

Thanks Lorna "

» Add a new message to this topic