FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > vax working

vax working

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adrq OP   Man  over a year ago

monaghan

I am no expert but does any one think the vax is working with 10,0000000 got the jab but cases no sign of dropping ???????????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Firstly cases are dropping and have been for a couple of weeks but that's because of lock down.

Secondly most of that 10 million Have I may had one does and 6 to 7 million had it less than 4 weeks ago.

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

How long will it be before it sinks in with some people that the vaccine doesn't kick in straight away and the vaccine won't stop you having covid but hopefully symptoms will be milder when you do contact covid.

By *ogloomMan  over a year ago

Levens

"How long will it be before it sinks in with some people that the vaccine doesn't kick in straight away and the vaccine won't stop you having covid but hopefully symptoms will be milder when you do contact covid."

Probably when the next generation have gone back to school and get taught about all this in history lessons.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

There will be no major effect until more than half the population is fully jabbed, when the herd immunity action should start to kick in. The number of infected at any one time should start dropping each disease generation as more than half the population are protected. With fewer infectious people around, it becomes more unlikely that you bump into someone who has it, and thus less likely you will catch it even if you're not yet vaccinated.

It builds into a virtuous circle, and the disease vanishes ever faster.

Each million people vaccinated before the halfway point will make a small dent in the new cases. But each million after the halfway point will have an ever bigger effect.

"There will be no major effect until more than half the population is fully jabbed, when the herd immunity action should start to kick in. The number of infected at any one time should start dropping each disease generation as more than half the population are protected. With fewer infectious people around, it becomes more unlikely that you bump into someone who has it, and thus less likely you will catch it even if you're not yet vaccinated.

Each million people vaccinated before the halfway point will make a small dent in the new cases. But each million after the halfway point will have an ever bigger effect."

You're good with this whole maffs fing innit, Polly

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

Polly definitely knows her stuff!

"Polly definitely knows her stuff!"

Indeed

She told me at the beginning of covid " we will need health certificates to get on planes"

I laughed.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It takes e weeks for the immunity to start its effectiveness, which removes millions from your total OP. I think you misunderstood all of the lag times on infection, hospital admissions, deaths, immunity etc.

By *exycouplesswingCouple  over a year ago

tunbridge wells

"It takes e weeks for the immunity to start its effectiveness, which removes millions from your total OP. I think you misunderstood all of the lag times on infection, hospital admissions, deaths, immunity etc. "

Is that a unit of time in Yorkshire?

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Polly definitely knows her stuff!"

Well she needs to "put the kettle on"

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"I am no expert but does any one think the vax is working with 10,0000000 got the jab but cases no sign of dropping ???????????"

7 day average 7th jan was about 57k cases. 7 day average yesterday was 21k.

If you look at the graphs, the ramp up and ramp down are symmetrical. Compare this to the first peak. The drop in cases is far quicker.

No idea if this is due to the vaccine, lockdown or even a change in the virus but complete nonsense to say cases aren't dropping.

"There will be no major effect until more than half the population is fully jabbed, when the herd immunity action should start to kick in. The number of infected at any one time should start dropping each disease generation as more than half the population are protected. With fewer infectious people around, it becomes more unlikely that you bump into someone who has it, and thus less likely you will catch it even if you're not yet vaccinated.

Each million people vaccinated before the halfway point will make a small dent in the new cases. But each million after the halfway point will have an ever bigger effect."

. Sorry but this makes no sense whatsoever. Put simply people aged over 50 in the uk make up approximately 25% of the population, yet according to the national office of statistics they account for approximately 99% of covid deaths. Surely once the oldest 25% of the population are fully vaccinated there should be a massive drop in fatalities.

I had a vax was ok for a bit but soon slowed down and became worse and worse as time passed in the end I put my hand in my pocket and got a dyson not looked back since.

» Add a new message to this topic