FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > In the future

In the future

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usybee73 OP   Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

Lockdown down has ended, pubs and all shops are all open etc but the virus is still claiming a few lives

Will people be encouraged or discouraged to wear masks?

For example walking in the post office, will people be told to remove masks?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The answer to the 1st part of your question is people will probably die from covid for years to come in the same way they do with the flu.

It's the numbers that need hospital treatment thats the problem.

If it can be contained to small outbreaks or not as many people at the same time needing to go to hospital we shouldn't need another lockdown.

Regarding the 2nd part, who knows?

I have often said it is strange wearing something covering your face in a shop because I've seen shops have signs on the door saying do not cover your face before the pandemic.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Unless there is some terrible mutation that makes it much more deadly I would think covid will not enter most people minds in 2 to 3 years.

It will become like the flu, just "one of those things".

Mr

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

I think in care where I work masks could become norm for years now.

However shops and stuff if this dies right down probably not. I wouldnt wear one in a shop unless its required like now.

"I think in care where I work masks could become norm for years now.

However shops and stuff if this dies right down probably not. I wouldnt wear one in a shop unless its required like now. "

I would agree with this and it might be a requirement to have close contact treatment and also close contact beauty treatment maybe.

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

However shops and stuff if this dies right down probably not. I wouldnt wear one in a shop unless its required like now.

I would agree with this and it might be a requirement to have close contact treatment and also close contact beauty treatment maybe. "

Depends on the treatment I guess but its possible. Weve been asking for masks for years in work. We often catch stomach bugs or colds from clients.

I tell you what I caught noro once and I've never been so poorly ever.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Personally we can’t wait to ditch the muzzles sooo looking forward to that day

I would agree with this and it might be a requirement to have close contact treatment and also close contact beauty treatment maybe.

Depends on the treatment I guess but its possible. Weve been asking for masks for years in work. We often catch stomach bugs or colds from clients.

I tell you what I caught noro once and I've never been so poorly ever."

Ohhh iv had Noro 3 times! its horrendous isn't it.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Lockdown down has ended, pubs and all shops are all open etc but the virus is still claiming a few lives

Will people be encouraged or discouraged to wear masks?

For example walking in the post office, will people be told to remove masks?"

As ever. Won't that just be guided by the science?

I was in IKEA with a group of friends back in September 2019. And a group of Japanese Students were wearing masks. We got chatting and asked them why. They said that two of their group had colds, and it was normal to wear masks in school or in public and work spaces in such situations.

I may forever keep masks in our vehicles and handbags. We have always used sanitizer so that won't change.

I tell you what I caught noro once and I've never been so poorly ever."

I work in care and would like masks to become a permanent fixture. Like you say, the amount of times we have to deal with sickness bugs etc with no protection, and also to reduce transmission of things like colds, flu etc, especially when visitors are allowed back in

By *aul happyMan  over a year ago

tilgate crawley

after all this we have been through i have no complaints wearing a mask now or in the future if it helps me staying safe from viruses i dont really care what people say or think .. but i will look after my own well being

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"after all this we have been through i have no complaints wearing a mask now or in the future if it helps me staying safe from viruses i dont really care what people say or think .. but i will look after my own well being "

I'll definitely keep them for certain settings during flu season. People keep asking, well why didn't we do it for flu before?

It's an excellent question. And given the effect it's had on flu, I'm glad we now know to do better

We've been chatting for a while about the fact in the future if we've got a bit of a cough or cold we are more likely to stay in or ask people not to come round if they have a cold. We are also more likely to consider face coverings if we do have a cold and have to go out.

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Big fucking orgy. Just to make sure lockdown is over. Cannot wait. It’s going to be fantastic

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Our students have worn face masks here in the UK for years, mainly for air pollution reasons and they often got abused for it. I'd like to think that will not be the case in future years.

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Unfortunately I think the masks will be here to stay. Given the studies about the effectiveness of them, which actually prove they don’t work, are being swept right under the carpet, I can’t see them going any time soon. They could potentially do more harm than good, bacterial pneumonia will definitely be on the rise. Dont get me wrong in a sterile hospital environment, I’m sure they have their uses... but not for people out and about or walking round tesco. It’s become almost a badge of honour for some people too, oh look I wear my mask to protect you... erm soz but you’re not protecting me and you’re certainly not doing yourself any favours.

By *usybee73 OP   Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

"We've been chatting for a while about the fact in the future if we've got a bit of a cough or cold we are more likely to stay in or ask people not to come round if they have a cold. We are also more likely to consider face coverings if we do have a cold and have to go out. "

Done it years ago when in the pub game, if someone was sneezing, coughing etc used to tell them to leave and come back when they were better, yes they moaned but explained if so many got their cold I would lose x amount of customers and businesses

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"after all this we have been through i have no complaints wearing a mask now or in the future if it helps me staying safe from viruses i dont really care what people say or think .. but i will look after my own well being "

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The Covid legislation needs review and renewal points, which includes masks.

As lockdown eases, there will be multiple things that will be relaxed, probably in stages.

Depending on infection levels and vaccine take up, it will probably be fully fine not to wear 1 in just over a year, following any potential winter surge risk.

Other countries will vary of course.

By *lk GuyMan  over a year ago

sheffield

I think we will be told what to do more our human rights will be taken away this so called democracy doesnt excist and will become like china

Before i get shot down im just giving you MY opinion...

By *lk GuyMan  over a year ago

sheffield

[Removed by poster at 05/02/21 06:11:59]

I will continue to wear masks in certain scenarios.

I used to catch colds etc all the time. Not had one for a whole year. Its been great.

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 05/02/21 09:11:58]

"Unfortunately I think the masks will be here to stay. Given the studies about the effectiveness of them, which actually prove they don’t work, are being swept right under the carpet, I can’t see them going any time soon. They could potentially do more harm than good, bacterial pneumonia will definitely be on the rise. Dont get me wrong in a sterile hospital environment, I’m sure they have their uses... but not for people out and about or walking round tesco. It’s become almost a badge of honour for some people too, oh look I wear my mask to protect you... erm soz but you’re not protecting me and you’re certainly not doing yourself any favours."

Is not some of the issue really poor discipline around amount of time worn.. touching and moving it...

When really it should be put on.. remain untouched till removed and realistically..in an average day.. should be wearing 3 or more..and treating them and hazard..once worn?

Manchester

"Unfortunately I think the masks will be here to stay. Given the studies about the effectiveness of them, which actually prove they don’t work, are being swept right under the carpet, I can’t see them going any time soon. They could potentially do more harm than good, bacterial pneumonia will definitely be on the rise. Dont get me wrong in a sterile hospital environment, I’m sure they have their uses... but not for people out and about or walking round tesco. It’s become almost a badge of honour for some people too, oh look I wear my mask to protect you... erm soz but you’re not protecting me and you’re certainly not doing yourself any favours.

Is not some of the issue really poor discipline around amount of time worn.. touching and moving it...

When really it should be put on.. remain untouched till removed and realistically..in an average day.. should be wearing 3 or more..and treating them and hazard..once worn?"

I agree that won’t help, handling them will only make it worse but the fact of the matter is... they simply don’t work. The largest to study to date proves this. They also have a negative impact as social distancing tends to go out of the window because people actually think they do work and are protected by wearing one.

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

"I will continue to wear masks in certain scenarios.

I used to catch colds etc all the time. Not had one for a whole year. Its been great. "

Yeah but when you do get one you are gonna drop like a sack of potatoes.

By *athan 123Man  over a year ago

rochdale oldham border

I think we will always have to wear the masks in certain areas but ultimately it will be your choice

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Unfortunately I think the masks will be here to stay. Given the studies about the effectiveness of them, which actually prove they don’t work, are being swept right under the carpet, I can’t see them going any time soon. They could potentially do more harm than good, bacterial pneumonia will definitely be on the rise. Dont get me wrong in a sterile hospital environment, I’m sure they have their uses... but not for people out and about or walking round tesco. It’s become almost a badge of honour for some people too, oh look I wear my mask to protect you... erm soz but you’re not protecting me and you’re certainly not doing yourself any favours.

When really it should be put on.. remain untouched till removed and realistically..in an average day.. should be wearing 3 or more..and treating them and hazard..once worn?

I agree that won’t help, handling them will only make it worse but the fact of the matter is... they simply don’t work. The largest to study to date proves this. They also have a negative impact as social distancing tends to go out of the window because people actually think they do work and are protected by wearing one."

They do work! but not if you don't follow the rules hands face space

Trouble is some do not follow the rules suprise!

They are there to mittigate the spread of spray coming from you're mouth and nose nothing more.

Why do you think a surgen wears one? it's not for their protection it's yours

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

I think mask wearing will become normal during winter, cold and flu season it's something that we will continue to see.

Masks won’t be compulsory but they will stick around for some people in certain situations as they do in Japan and China

And we won’t look upon mask wearing as weird any more for those that do.

But for most of us most of the time they will disappear and as someone has said already, Covid will become just another seasonal hazard for those who are immunologically challenged - ie the old, the sick, and those with unhealthy lifestyles.

With a few exceptions these groups make up the vast majority of those who have died already and that will continue to be the case even after mass vaccination.

» Add a new message to this topic