FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Face masks

Face masks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I see or hear of a lot of people not wearing them, some claiming exemption.

Now forgive me for being ignorant or seemingly that I've not read other sources but I see no actual reason for not doing so

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There are the legitimate exemptions.

There is no list of conditions contrary to popular belief and a lot of people that say there are exempt are not actually exempt.

The official government guidelines on thiss are you are exempt from wearing a face covering if you physically cannot put one on the wear one or take one off or doing so causes severe distress.

This could be due to mental health issues, Severe anxiety, Neurological conditions, Being on the autism spectrum or learning difficulties.

"There are the legitimate exemptions.

There is no list of conditions contrary to popular belief and a lot of people that say there are exempt are not actually exempt.

The official government guidelines on thiss are you are exempt from wearing a face covering if you physically cannot put one on the wear one or take one off or doing so causes severe distress.

This could be due to mental health issues, Severe anxiety, Neurological conditions, Being on the autism spectrum or learning difficulties."

I will add or if you have a condition and your doctor has advised against it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Tons of official information on this and countless threads discussing the tiny number of people who don't wear them.

Focus on yourself and what you can do physically to keep you and others safer

"I see or hear of a lot of people not wearing them, some claiming exemption.

Now forgive me for being ignorant or seemingly that I've not read other sources but I see no actual reason for not doing so"

My daughter has severe learning disabilities and will not wear a mask.

She has no understanding of the Coronavirus situation whatsoever. She doesn't know about viruses, masks, vaccines ect.

She is exempt on mental health grounds.

We are not currently going in shops but I can't stop taking her indefinitely.

Things in life are not so black and White as you think OP.

There are people who just don't want to wear a mask but there are also people who cannot wear a mask.

I hope this helps to educate you on this matter a little.

Now forgive me for being ignorant or seemingly that I've not read other sources but I see no actual reason for not doing so

She has no understanding of the Coronavirus situation whatsoever. She doesn't know about viruses, masks, vaccines ect.

There are people who just don't want to wear a mask but there are also people who cannot wear a mask.

"

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

There is official guidliles available, but its easier to ask a bunch of random's on a swinger site

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

This could be due to mental health issues, Severe anxiety, Neurological conditions, Being on the autism spectrum or learning difficulties.

I will add or if you have a condition and your doctor has advised against it. "

But there's still lots of people taking the piss who aren't exempt.

I can give you two recent examples in two different areas.

In a shop in Aldershot 4 guy's jumped out of their flatbed truck and all walked into same shop exclaiming that they all had asthma and didn't need a mask.

All purchased ciggies and jumped back into van lit up ciggies and drove off.

Down in Gosport similar case a couple both walking down street smoking walked into shop said they are exempt due to asthma and didn't need mask's.

I'm asthmatic, have anxiety, chest problems as a result of covid and I work and have to mask up all day every day and anyone who is asthmatic will tell you, that if someone is asthmatic and can smoke they are more than able two wear a paper mask for two minutes.

I really wish people would stop defending these idiot .

Yes there's plenty of people with legitimate reasons not to wear a mask but generally speaking these people are sensible and no-one has an issue with them.

But people are and will bend the rules just to be like the cool kids smoking behind the bike shed at school.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

Now forgive me for being ignorant or seemingly that I've not read other sources but I see no actual reason for not doing so"

As pointed out by others there are legitimate reasons you arent aware of. However, I have no idea why some people use some conditions as an excuse. I was in a local hardware store where everything is behind the counter. A guy in his 30s (work man type) comes in after me and goes to another till. He is asked about a mask. The reply was "i have asthma". He was literally in the store for 1 minute. Sorry, but 99% sure this was just a excuse because he didnt want to wear one.

From asthma.org.uk

"Do I have to wear a face covering if I have asthma?

Most people with asthma, even if it’s severe, can manage to wear a face mask for a short period of time, and shouldn't worry if they need to wear one. Wearing a mask does not reduce a person’s oxygen supply or cause a build-up of carbon dioxide. You may have read stories that say that it can, but this isn’t true.

Some people with asthma tell us that face coverings can make breathing feel more difficult, which might be uncomfortable. It’s a good idea to try wearing a face covering at home, or on a short walk around the block first. It might not feel comfortable straight away, so give it a chance."

Falkirk

In a shop in Aldershot 4 guy's jumped out of their flatbed truck and all walked into same shop exclaiming that they all had asthma and didn't need a mask.

Down in Gosport similar case a couple both walking down street smoking walked into shop said they are exempt due to asthma and didn't need mask's.

I'm asthmatic, have anxiety, chest problems as a result of covid and I work and have to mask up all day every day and anyone who is asthmatic will tell you, that if someone is asthmatic and can smoke they are more than able two wear a paper mask for two minutes.

Yes there's plenty of people with legitimate reasons not to wear a mask but generally speaking these people are sensible and no-one has an issue with them.

But people are and will bend the rules just to be like the cool kids smoking behind the bike shed at school.

"

It's a very easy loophole to exploit.

Unless it is an offical authority asking why they aren't wearing a mask nobody has to divulge any information other than "they are exempt".

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

........face masks again

Just wear one no excuses.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"

Asthmatic people can smoke you know. Its idiotic but just because they smoke doesn't mean they don't have asthma. My NG an had emphacema (sp?) but smoked like a trouper. She passed away years ago so can't comment on her mask wearing etiquette. I'd like to believe she would have worn one.

That being said I have friends with severe lung conditions (one has had half of one lung removed as a child) yet they bang age to wear masks on the rare occasion they go out. There are very few genuine physical medical reasons why you'd be unable to wear a mask.

Anxiety and stress reasons are slightly different (I would include those with learning difficulties in this group). Those with trauma around things coveting their nose and mouth, claustrophobia etc. I know when I wear mine I can sometimes feel like I can't breathe, my chest starts to feel a little tight etc. Sometimes it feels like it's taking over my face and going over my eyes so I walk round making the oddest faces trying to keep it in place (thank god I'm wearing the mask so people can't see )

Falkirk

[Removed by poster at 05/02/21 08:11:02]

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 05/02/21 09:29:33]

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"........face masks again

Just wear one no excuses. There not excuses they are Government reasons why you don’t have to wear a Muzzle "

Muzzle

This again

Help help some cloth on my face I'm so oppressed

Herne Bay

There are many Government exemptions why people do not have to wear a face nappy ,just google long list all valid

All the people I know who said they couldn't wear one in the beginning, are wearing one now. Make of that whatever yo wish...

Manchester (she/her)

"There are many Government exemptions why people do not have to wear a face nappy ,just google long list all valid "

Well that's us told. All that scientific evidence that they help, including protecting those who can't wear them, and someone calls them a name.

Pandemic over, take that scientists.

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"There are many Government exemptions why people do not have to wear a face nappy ,just google long list all valid "

It's ironic that the ones who complain about a face "nappy" are the ones who need it most, given the vast volumes of verbal diarrhoea which they tend to spew forth into the world.

Herne Bay

"There are many Government exemptions why people do not have to wear a face nappy ,just google long list all valid

It's ironic that the ones who complain about a face "nappy" are the ones who need it most, given the vast volumes of verbal diarrhoea which they tend to spew forth into the world. "

So are you are saying there are not many Government exemptions? or you just don’t like the fact that there is ?

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"There are many Government exemptions why people do not have to wear a face nappy ,just google long list all valid

It's ironic that the ones who complain about a face "nappy" are the ones who need it most, given the vast volumes of verbal diarrhoea which they tend to spew forth into the world. So are you are saying there are not many Government exemptions? or you just don’t like the fact that there is ? "

Naturally there are valid exemptions, but I'm simply saying that most face mask complaints, especially those which refer to them in childishly derogatory terms like 'muzzle' or 'nappy', are a load of shite. Steaming, useless shite.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"

My son has autism so I completely understand but to diffuse any potential situations ie stares , comments etc, maybe just let her wear a lanyard saying she is exempt?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I Never said asthmatic people don't smoke.

I was making the point that if an asthmatic can and does smoke then his/her condition isn't so bad to exclude them from wearing a mask and I find it impossible to believe that 4 twenty something old guys going into a shop together in dirty work clothes all have a condition soooo bad they can't wear a mask for 5 mins.

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

We are in Spain where the wearing of face masks has been rigidly enforced by the Guardia Civil. Can't remember the last person seen not wearing one!

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

Can someone explain to me why it still spreads like wildfire, with so many people wearing them?

Not an anti any thing, just wondered.

By *perfectpair5050Couple  over a year ago

marlbourgh

It’s quite sad that the people that are not wearing them for things like asthma are the ones that need to wear them the most seems a bit strange to me

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

"Can someone explain to me why it still spreads like wildfire, with so many people wearing them?

Not an anti any thing, just wondered."

Masks aren't the only thing that helps stop the spread. Right now we are paying for Christmas rule relaxation particularly in terms of hospitalisation. Our borders are still open, there are reports daily of large gatherings etc. Also so many people are working in jobs where social distancing is difficult.

In short, the list of reasons is endless

"Can someone explain to me why it still spreads like wildfire, with so many people wearing them?

If pubs,restaurants and places that you can't wear a mask were open....then you would see it spreading like wild fire..

Manchester (she/her)

They're not worn in all places, not everyone obeys the rules, masks are one of many measures to reduce spread, a more transmissible variant.

Do you think that people wear masks 24/7?

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

As long as we accept self certificated exemptions there will always be doubts to the validity of peoples use of the mask exemption.

We can't expect the NHS to start trolling through all their records to start issuing exemption cards to all the people that really need them either so we just have to accept that someone not wearing a mask is something we shouldn't allow to annoy us.

"As long as we accept self certificated exemptions there will always be doubts to the validity of peoples use of the mask exemption.

We can't expect the NHS to start trolling through all their records to start issuing exemption cards to all the people that really need them either so we just have to accept that someone not wearing a mask is something we shouldn't allow to annoy us. "

And just avoid them, the same as we should be avoiding people with masks. We don't know if we or them have been infected.

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

Okehampton

What is the reason they can't use a face shield. That doesn't interfere with their breathing.

Always taken a view, if someone is fit enough to walk around the shops they are fit enough to wear some sort of shield.

Manchester (she/her)

"What is the reason they can't use a face shield. That doesn't interfere with their breathing.

Always taken a view, if someone is fit enough to walk around the shops they are fit enough to wear some sort of shield."

Because you don't know someone else's medical history.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Well that's us told. All that scientific evidence that they help, including protecting those who can't wear them, and someone calls them a name.

Pandemic over, take that scientists."

If they really help that much how come cases have risen since nappies became mandatory? And I mean pretty much as soon as! (Surely nothing to do with people not being educated on how to actually wear one, but wait, better wear a dirty one than god forbid not wear one at all!)

"What is the reason they can't use a face shield. That doesn't interfere with their breathing.

Always taken a view, if someone is fit enough to walk around the shops they are fit enough to wear some sort of shield."

It's still something on their head, in their face. Some people can't cope with that.

Possibly through disability, mental health issues, past abusive situations, etc.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

They're not worn in all places, not everyone obeys the rules, masks are one of many measures to reduce spread, a more transmissible variant."

Would seem like a valid answer only it doesn't explain how come cases started rapidly rising instead of falling. Surely this extra "protection" would have helped reduce the spread?

Manchester (she/her)

Pandemic over, take that scientists.

If they really help that much how come cases have risen since nappies became mandatory? And I mean pretty much as soon as! (Surely nothing to do with people not being educated on how to actually wear one, but wait, better wear a dirty one than god forbid not wear one at all!)

"

Compulsory from July. Rapid rise not until September. Huge jump December on.

It's almost as if the things are unconnected and other factors play a bigger role.

I must say I am here for the retro mask tantrums it's so 2020

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

Do you think that people wear masks 24/7?"

No, I do have serious doubts over there effectiveness. Like we now laugh at the masks for the black death.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

We should be thankful many other countries do not allow for exemptions. Italy doesnt or didn't.

My daughter has learning difficulties, she's also on the extremely clinically vulnerable list. So we made a game of it as she doesn't understand about covid. We also made her mask as she has a very different need size wise for one..

She wears it with pride now .. not that she can go out anywhere currently x

Some will wear a mask even though they have difficulties and may be exempt, some will walk around without a mask but will know exactly what their rights are and are fully prepared to screech them loudly at whoever questions them. Humanity.

"We should be thankful many other countries do not allow for exemptions. Italy doesnt or didn't.

My daughter has learning difficulties, she's also on the extremely clinically vulnerable list. So we made a game of it as she doesn't understand about covid. We also made her mask as she has a very different need size wise for one..

She wears it with pride now .. not that she can go out anywhere currently x"

Italy and Spain and actually almost every country does have exemptions but the diffrence is people have to have something from a doctor to prove there are exempt.

"We should be thankful many other countries do not allow for exemptions. Italy doesnt or didn't.

Italy and Spain and actually almost every country does have exemptions but the diffrence is people have to have something from a doctor to prove there are exempt."

when I was there it clearly said the only exemption was under 5s. Even an old guy with oxygen tank had to wear a mask...and many places In Italy made it face masks of a certain quality not just face coverings.

In Sicily I had to get a new face mask to go into that airport and fly home. As cloth ones werent permitted

Italy and Spain and actually almost every country does have exemptions but the diffrence is people have to have something from a doctor to prove there are exempt. when I was there it clearly said the only exemption was under 5s. Even an old guy with oxygen tank had to wear a mask...and many places In Italy made it face masks of a certain quality not just face coverings.

In Sicily I had to get a new face mask to go into that airport and fly home. As cloth ones werent permitted "

If you Google it, it comes up that they do have exemptions and gives a list or exemptions.

Italy and Spain and actually almost every country does have exemptions but the diffrence is people have to have something from a doctor to prove there are exempt. when I was there it clearly said the only exemption was under 5s. Even an old guy with oxygen tank had to wear a mask...and many places In Italy made it face masks of a certain quality not just face coverings.

In Sicily I had to get a new face mask to go into that airport and fly home. As cloth ones werent permitted

If you Google it, it comes up that they do have exemptions and gives a list or exemptions. "

maybe they just dont take advantage of it then. As saw no one except kids not wearing a mask. Shops clearly were signed." No mask,no service, no exceptions. "

I do think that many that could wear one dont ..

Okehampton

Any other Twat want to give me crap for the comments i have put here, by sending messages to our account, rather than give their rationale on this Forum.

They believe all they are doing is obeying what they read on a Government website.

His view is "i dont have to wear it, so i wont" and "i enjoy pissing people off when asked to put a covering on"...Idiots.

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 05/02/21 16:00:09]

evesham

"Any other Twat want to give me crap for the comments i have put here, by sending messages to our account, rather than give their rationale on this Forum.

They believe all they are doing is obeying what they read on a Government website.

His view is "i dont have to wear it, so i wont" and "i enjoy pissing people off when asked to put a covering on"...Idiots."

I think I've had conversations with the same person lol

Like I said to him, if the exemption is genuine then all good but if its just because 'I can' then it's wrong. The government have left whacking grwat loop holes for people to skip through for fear of offending or upsetting people and that is why we have such a prolonged situation.

Manchester (she/her)

"Any other Twat want to give me crap for the comments i have put here, by sending messages to our account, rather than give their rationale on this Forum.

His view is "i dont have to wear it, so i wont" and "i enjoy pissing people off when asked to put a covering on"...Idiots."

I think such messages should be reported.

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

I’m going to mention the elephant in the room... Masks don’t actually work. The Denmark proved this quite comprehensively.

evesham

"As long as we accept self certificated exemptions there will always be doubts to the validity of peoples use of the mask exemption.

We can't expect the NHS to start trolling through all their records to start issuing exemption cards to all the people that really need them either so we just have to accept that someone not wearing a mask is something we shouldn't allow to annoy us. "

Why not. They've got lists of clinically extremely vulnerable people who have been sent letters and emails to shield.

By *rjimMan  over a year ago

nr bristol

So it has been a year now with people clapping at the sky, wearing a mask in a car when on their own and in open spaces.

Can we assume that all the mask lovers have had enough time and scientific reasoning to ...

not be a kilo overweight ?

not be smoking ?

not be drinking ?

not doing 420

as they are all bad for you and will cause you to kill someone by taking up a needed bed in the NHS.

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

We can't expect the NHS to start trolling through all their records to start issuing exemption cards to all the people that really need them either so we just have to accept that someone not wearing a mask is something we shouldn't allow to annoy us.

Why not. They've got lists of clinically extremely vulnerable people who have been sent letters and emails to shield. "

And it’s a massive admin job lol. Don’t have time to breath now doing covid vax never mind adding more admin too it lol x

Manchester (she/her)

"I’m going to mention the elephant in the room... Masks don’t actually work. The Denmark proved this quite comprehensively. "

BMJ, The curious case of the Danish mask study, 2020

"Except that if you read the published paper you find almost the exact opposite. The trial is inconclusive rather than negative, and it points to a likely benefit of mask wearing to the wearer—it did not examine the wider potential benefit of reduced spread of infection to others—and this even in a population where mask wearing isn’t mandatory and prevalence of infection is low. This finding is in keeping with summaries of evidence from Cochrane." (Footnotes omitted)

"........face masks again

Just wear one no excuses. "

There are exemption.. Not excuses

Manchester

"I’m going to mention the elephant in the room... Masks don’t actually work. The Denmark proved this quite comprehensively.

"Except that if you read the published paper you find almost the exact opposite. The trial is inconclusive rather than negative, and it points to a likely benefit of mask wearing to the wearer—it did not examine the wider potential benefit of reduced spread of infection to others—and this even in a population where mask wearing isn’t mandatory and prevalence of infection is low. This finding is in keeping with summaries of evidence from Cochrane." (Footnotes omitted)"

Did you read the study? There really is nothing curios about it... apart from the fact that it’s doesn’t quite fit the narrative.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

Why not. They've got lists of clinically extremely vulnerable people who have been sent letters and emails to shield. "

Purely workload, if it can be done with a single keystroke then yes, do it, if it's going to take 1000's of hours to complete then have they really got the time?

Manchester (she/her)

"I’m going to mention the elephant in the room... Masks don’t actually work. The Denmark proved this quite comprehensively.

"Except that if you read the published paper you find almost the exact opposite. The trial is inconclusive rather than negative, and it points to a likely benefit of mask wearing to the wearer—it did not examine the wider potential benefit of reduced spread of infection to others—and this even in a population where mask wearing isn’t mandatory and prevalence of infection is low. This finding is in keeping with summaries of evidence from Cochrane." (Footnotes omitted)

Did you read the study? There really is nothing curios about it... apart from the fact that it’s doesn’t quite fit the narrative. "

The curious thing is the title in the BMJ article: I'm citing the article I'm quoting from.

Have you read it? Do you know how to interpret the data?

Because the same thing as I've just cited explicitly says that Facebook deemed that it said masks don't work. When that's not what it says.

Huh. Facts. Funny how they work.

evesham

Why not. They've got lists of clinically extremely vulnerable people who have been sent letters and emails to shield.

Purely workload, if it can be done with a single keystroke then yes, do it, if it's going to take 1000's of hours to complete then have they really got the time? "

I'm guessing you have not heard of outsourcing the NHS do it all the time. I'm not expecting nurses to be stuffing envelopes

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

Purely workload, if it can be done with a single keystroke then yes, do it, if it's going to take 1000's of hours to complete then have they really got the time?

I'm guessing you have not heard of outsourcing the NHS do it all the time. I'm not expecting nurses to be stuffing envelopes "

I have heard of it... but then everyone moans the nhs is going private. Can’t win ha!

I wasn’t thinking nurses, I was thinking the admin staff

Manchester

Did you read the study? There really is nothing curios about it... apart from the fact that it’s doesn’t quite fit the narrative.

The curious thing is the title in the BMJ article: I'm citing the article I'm quoting from.

Have you read it? Do you know how to interpret the data?

Because the same thing as I've just cited explicitly says that Facebook deemed that it said masks don't work. When that's not what it says.

Huh. Facts. Funny how they work."

Calm down dear, no need to get in a tiz. You can interpret data however you like, you’ve proven that with the way constantly advocate for Lockdowns. The BMJ article you refer to is an opinion piece. Have you actually read the study as apposed reading somebody else’s interpretation of it? So Facebook say what’s right and wrong now? Hmmmm I wouldn’t trust them, do you know they are private company with vested interests? Did you know they sell the data of the people that use it? I think Facebook is the reason the world is so divided to be honest and I certainly don’t think they should be deciding what’s right and wrong.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"

Yes all true but if you believe in Darwinism, Karma as I do or simply avoiding smoking because it kills you

you can reassure yourself by the fact that at least 2 out of that van will likely die a quite ugly and horrible death early from some kind of smoking-related illness .. or all 4 of them might get Covid and snuff it even faster!

Either way .. like so many idiots now across the world ignoring/bending rules and pretending they are immune to any form of virus or pandemic .. their own ignorance, stubbornness and stupidity will eventually wipe them out ..

Manchester (she/her)

"

Calm down dear, no need to get in a tiz. You can interpret data however you like, you’ve proven that with the way constantly advocate for Lockdowns. The BMJ article you refer to is an opinion piece. Have you actually read the study as apposed reading somebody else’s interpretation of it? So Facebook say what’s right and wrong now? Hmmmm I wouldn’t trust them, do you know they are private company with vested interests? Did you know they sell the data of the people that use it? I think Facebook is the reason the world is so divided to be honest and I certainly don’t think they should be deciding what’s right and wrong."

Correct. It is.

I have the Danish mask study open in front of me.

Numbers were selected for statistical power. However, as mask compliance was 46%, the confidence is immediately reduced.

I quote directly from the study.

"adherence may influence the protective influence of masks"

"The findings, however, should not be used to conclude that a recommendation for everyone to wear masks would not be effective in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infection"

"study participants' exposure was overwhelmingly to persons not wearing masks"

"The potential benefits of a community-wide recommendation to wear masks include combined prevention and source control for symptomatic and asymptomatic persons, improved attention, and reduced potential stigmatization of persons wearing masks to prevent infection of others"

"The most important limitation is that the findings are inconclusive"

"Reduction in release of virus from infected persons into the environment may be the mechanism for mitigation of transmission in communities where mask use is common or mandated"

"While we await additional data to inform mask recommendations, communities must balance the seriousness of COVID-19, uncertainty about the degree of source control and protective effect, and the absence of data suggesting serious adverse effects of masks"

Okehampton

The question is, for all those that are exempt or those that just refuse.

Would you wear an oxygen mask, when laying in ITU.

Manchester

"

Calm down dear, no need to get in a tiz. You can interpret data however you like, you’ve proven that with the way constantly advocate for Lockdowns. The BMJ article you refer to is an opinion piece. Have you actually read the study as apposed reading somebody else’s interpretation of it? So Facebook say what’s right and wrong now? Hmmmm I wouldn’t trust them, do you know they are private company with vested interests? Did you know they sell the data of the people that use it? I think Facebook is the reason the world is so divided to be honest and I certainly don’t think they should be deciding what’s right and wrong.

Correct. It is.

Numbers were selected for statistical power. However, as mask compliance was 46%, the confidence is immediately reduced.

"The findings, however, should not be used to conclude that a recommendation for everyone to wear masks would not be effective in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infection"

"The potential benefits of a community-wide recommendation to wear masks include combined prevention and source control for symptomatic and asymptomatic persons, improved attention, and reduced potential stigmatization of persons wearing masks to prevent infection of others"

"Reduction in release of virus from infected persons into the environment may be the mechanism for mitigation of transmission in communities where mask use is common or mandated"

"While we await additional data to inform mask recommendations, communities must balance the seriousness of COVID-19, uncertainty about the degree of source control and protective effect, and the absence of data suggesting serious adverse effects of masks""

Boring is it? I can also cherry pick the bits I like to -

“In this community-based, randomized controlled trial conducted in a setting where mask wearing was uncommon and was not among other recommended public health measures related to COVID-19, a recommendation to wear a surgical mask when outside the home among others did not reduce, at conventional levels of statistical significance, incident SARS-CoV-2 infection compared with no mask recommendation.”

The fact of the matter is wearing a mask made no significant difference. If you counter into that the fact that social distancing tends to go out of the window, because people actually believe they DO work, then they could in-fact have a negative impact. You’ve also got the people that don’t change them regularly, Higher chance of a Bacterial infections perhaps. More harm than good?? Perhaps.

If only all this wonderful science was put out there properly, instead of all this crap that’s flying around to build fear.

"

Correct. It is.

"While we await additional data to inform mask recommendations, communities must balance the seriousness of COVID-19, uncertainty about the degree of source control and protective effect, and the absence of data suggesting serious adverse effects of masks"

“In this community-based, randomized controlled trial conducted in a setting where mask wearing was uncommon and was not among other recommended public health measures related to COVID-19, a recommendation to wear a surgical mask when outside the home among others did not reduce, at conventional levels of statistical significance, incident SARS-CoV-2 infection compared with no mask recommendation.”

The fact of the matter is wearing a mask made no significant difference. If you counter into that the fact that social distancing tends to go out of the window, because people actually believe they DO work, then they could in-fact have a negative impact. You’ve also got the people that don’t change them regularly, Higher chance of a Bacterial infections perhaps. More harm than good?? Perhaps.

If only all this wonderful science was put out there properly, instead of all this crap that’s flying around to build fear. "

Can you just clarify

Are you saying masks make no difference in the spread of viruses?

Manchester (she/her)

So, taking your quote: in a situation very unlike the one we now are in, it didn't show an effect strong enough to be definitive. Looking to the data, with a 46% compliance rate.

Not "they don't work", and definitely not "masks are dangerous".

And not the only study, and indeed one that's been pulled apart repeatedly.

The strength of the study and the robust results speak volumes as to the legitimacy of your position.

Manchester

"So, taking your quote: in a situation very unlike the one we now are in, it didn't show an effect strong enough to be definitive. Looking to the data, with a 46% compliance rate.

The strength of the study and the robust results speak volumes as to the legitimacy of your position. "

I’m a simple man, I like definitive outcomes. Do they work? No. Simples.

And as I said earlier If you counter into that the fact that social distancing tends to go out of the window, because people actually believe they DO work, then they could in-fact have a negative impact.

Manchester

"

Correct. It is.

If only all this wonderful science was put out there properly, instead of all this crap that’s flying around to build fear.

Can you just clarify

Are you saying masks make no difference in the spread of viruses?"

Yeh that’s what I’m saying. In the largest study to date it was shown that wearing a mask made no significant difference. If you counter into that the fact that social distancing tends to go out of the window, because people actually believe they DO work, then they could in-fact have a negative impact.

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

Nope. My friend suffers huge problems with asthma and still wears one. There’s plenty of nice fit ones. People just don’t give a shit.

Frimley

"

Correct. It is.

Can you just clarify

Yeh that’s what I’m saying. In the largest study to date it was shown that wearing a mask made no significant difference. If you counter into that the fact that social distancing tends to go out of the window, because people actually believe they DO work, then they could in-fact have a negative impact. "

Point to one study and we’ll find counter studies. Just wear the fucking mask and get on with it. It’s hardly an inconvenience.

Manchester (she/her)

"So, taking your quote: in a situation very unlike the one we now are in, it didn't show an effect strong enough to be definitive. Looking to the data, with a 46% compliance rate.

The strength of the study and the robust results speak volumes as to the legitimacy of your position.

And as I said earlier If you counter into that the fact that social distancing tends to go out of the window, because people actually believe they DO work, then they could in-fact have a negative impact."

This paper does not give a definitive result, it's inconclusive, as it says itself. And it's not the only paper, just the one chucked around by some as definitive proof. (Misleading, misread? By one side of the argument? Noooo )

It seems you want a simple easy answer, and so your feelings lead you to conclude that an inconclusive study means that masks don't work.

You're entitled to your feelings. Fortunately they don't influence policy.

Manchester

And as I said earlier If you counter into that the fact that social distancing tends to go out of the window, because people actually believe they DO work, then they could in-fact have a negative impact.

This paper does not give a definitive result, it's inconclusive, as it says itself. And it's not the only paper, just the one chucked around by some as definitive proof. (Misleading, misread? By one side of the argument? Noooo )

It seems you want a simple easy answer, and so your feelings lead you to conclude that an inconclusive study means that masks don't work.

You're entitled to your feelings. Fortunately they don't influence policy."

Inconclusive means they don’t work. If you can show me a conclusive study which shows they do I’d be happy to read it?

I’m not trying to rewrite policies (or is it Government guidelines), I just think it’s good to share what you know, especially on something as important as this. People wearing masks and thinking they are protected might actually be doing more harm than good.

Manchester

"

Correct. It is.

Can you just clarify

Yeh that’s what I’m saying. In the largest study to date it was shown that wearing a mask made no significant difference. If you counter into that the fact that social distancing tends to go out of the window, because people actually believe they DO work, then they could in-fact have a negative impact.

Point to one study and we’ll find counter studies. Just wear the fucking mask and get on with it. It’s hardly an inconvenience."

Charming. Go on then, please point me to a counter study which shows they do work? Until then I’m afraid you’ll have to pipe down. If you want to wear a mask, great. But I won’t just because you swore at me.

Manchester (she/her)

Inconclusive means they don’t work. If you can show me a conclusive study which shows they do I’d be happy to read it?

I’m not trying to rewrite policies (or is it Government guidelines), I just think it’s good to share what you know, especially on something as important as this. People wearing masks and thinking they are protected might actually be doing more harm than good. "

I'm unsure if you're unaware of scientific vocabulary or you're lying through your teeth.

Either way, your "masks definitely don't work" study is some fucking weak sauce. It even says it's looking for more data on masks, which would be odd if it were a negative study.

Checkmate, face nappy wearers! ... Not so much

Manchester

I’m not trying to rewrite policies (or is it Government guidelines), I just think it’s good to share what you know, especially on something as important as this. People wearing masks and thinking they are protected might actually be doing more harm than good.

I'm unsure if you're unaware of scientific vocabulary or you're lying through your teeth.

Either way, your "masks definitely don't work" study is some fucking weak sauce. It even says it's looking for more data on masks, which would be odd if it were a negative study.

Checkmate, face nappy wearers! ... Not so much "

Hmmm yeh ok. You gonna give me a study which shows they conclusively do work? I’ve given you one which shows they conclusively don’t. No significant difference was the outcome. Which, to me, means they don’t work.

And what about the fact a)social distancing goes out the window because people believe they are protected. b)people don’t keep them properly sanitised. It would be tempting to reuse considering the cost of them, especially to the poorest in our society.

Are these factors just swept under the carpet in the ideal world you live in?

Manchester (she/her)

Hmmm yeh ok. You gonna give me a study which shows they conclusively do work? I’ve given you one which shows they conclusively don’t. No significant difference was the outcome. Which, to me, means they don’t work.

And what about the fact a)social distancing goes out the window because people believe they are protected. b)people don’t keep them properly sanitised. It would be tempting to reuse considering the cost of them, especially to the poorest in our society.

Are these factors just swept under the carpet in the ideal world you live in?"

You're the one who made the claim. That this study definitely shows that masks do not work.

Your social distancing claim is unevidenced.

You may search the literature if you feel like learning more.

Manchester

Are these factors just swept under the carpet in the ideal world you live in?

You're the one who made the claim. That this study definitely shows that masks do not work.

Your social distancing claim is unevidenced.

You may search the literature if you feel like learning more.

"

I put it another way for you. Does it show they do work? Or can you pass me a study that does?

Social distancing not be affected? This may just be your trouble, you can’t see what’s in front of you. A simple trip to Tesco will make you realise that social distancing goes out of the window. You don’t need a study for that.

Dirty masks doing more harm than good. You avin that?

Manchester (she/her)

You may search the literature yourself.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Yes there are exceptions! But imo people who cant wear them shd stay away from densely crowded places so as to protect others!

By *hoco DMan  over a year ago

Clapham

Yes there are exceptions! But imo people who cant wear them shd stay away from densely crowded places so as to protect others! "

and those who can should do the same to protect themselves

ashford

Yes there are exceptions! But imo people who cant wear them shd stay away from densely crowded places so as to protect others!

and those who can should do the same to protect themselves "

Have no choice I work in supermarket! X

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

Amazon sells exemption badges which is disgusting

Frimley

"

Correct. It is.

Can you just clarify

Point to one study and we’ll find counter studies. Just wear the fucking mask and get on with it. It’s hardly an inconvenience.

Charming. Go on then, please point me to a counter study which shows they do work? Until then I’m afraid you’ll have to pipe down. If you want to wear a mask, great. But I won’t just because you swore at me."

It was a general statement, not directly to you. But you’re definitely part of the problem and selfish as hell to boot. Most people are working together on this... anyone who isn’t does not care about others

Manchester

"You may search the literature yourself. "

Right ok, I’ll take it you can’t find one then. Thought not.

Frimley

https://royalsociety.org/-/media/policy/projects/set-c/set-c-facemasks.pdf?la=en-GB&hash=A22A87CB28F7D6AD9BD93BBCBFC2BB24

Manchester

"

Correct. It is.

Can you just clarify

Charming. Go on then, please point me to a counter study which shows they do work? Until then I’m afraid you’ll have to pipe down. If you want to wear a mask, great. But I won’t just because you swore at me.

It was a general statement, not directly to you. But you’re definitely part of the problem and selfish as hell to boot. Most people are working together on this... anyone who isn’t does not care about others"

You see this is where we differ. If masks don’t work then people should know, they shouldn’t be bullied into submission, certainly not with a guilt trip. I think you’re part of the problem but wouldn’t call you selfish, it’s more a lack of understanding

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"Tons of official information on this and countless threads discussing the tiny number of people who don't wear them.

"

They all must shop where I do all at the same time then

"The question is, for all those that are exempt or those that just refuse.

"

That's a but nasty. There are a lot of people who are genuinely exempt and cannot wear one. How nasty is your comment

Nope. My friend suffers huge problems with asthma and still wears one. There’s plenty of nice fit ones. People just don’t give a shit."

Ok, a very close friend of mine was violently assaulted (can't say the word obviously) and she was bound and gagged and she, for reasons that may be beyond your comprehension, cannot cope with her face being covered at all. You may not see a reason but if ever you'd been in that situation, then you'd understand. Plus, what about the autistic and disabled. You just want to take away their rights. Why?

"

Correct. It is.

Can you just clarify

Point to one study and we’ll find counter studies. Just wear the fucking mask and get on with it. It’s hardly an inconvenience."

It is to some. Pure discrimination

"

Correct. It is.

Can you just clarify

Charming. Go on then, please point me to a counter study which shows they do work? Until then I’m afraid you’ll have to pipe down. If you want to wear a mask, great. But I won’t just because you swore at me."

Actually, I read it as though they're a bully. Shout and swear is what bullies do.

Yes there are exceptions! But imo people who cant wear them shd stay away from densely crowded places so as to protect others! "

Ah so you advocate them not going to the supermarket? That is discrimination. Once you've got rid of the disability discrimination laws, what's next? Gender? Colour. You choose. You're the one wanting to abandon discrimination laws

and those who can should do the same to protect themselves "

Masks have never claimed to be protective

"

Correct. It is.

Can you just clarify

It was a general statement, not directly to you. But you’re definitely part of the problem and selfish as hell to boot. Most people are working together on this... anyone who isn’t does not care about others"

Absolutely no need to use profanity

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Ah so you advocate them not going to the supermarket? That is discrimination. Once you've got rid of the disability discrimination laws, what's next? Gender? Colour. You choose. You're the one wanting to abandon discrimination laws "

We don't allow blind people to drive, but I'm not aware of any blind people successfully suing on the grounds of disability discrimination.

"Tons of official information on this and countless threads discussing the tiny number of people who don't wear them.

They all must shop where I do all at the same time then "

And do you refuse entry to someone that is exempt?

Manchester

Ah so you advocate them not going to the supermarket? That is discrimination. Once you've got rid of the disability discrimination laws, what's next? Gender? Colour. You choose. You're the one wanting to abandon discrimination laws

We don't allow blind people to drive, but I'm not aware of any blind people successfully suing on the grounds of disability discrimination. "

If a blind person can pass the test, they can drive.

We don't allow blind people to drive, but I'm not aware of any blind people successfully suing on the grounds of disability discrimination. "

What a simpleton to even contemplate saying such a stupid thing. Dear me. No wonder we're in lockdown. Stupidity is more infectious than covid

Totally immature statement. The irony.

By *hoco DMan  over a year ago

Clapham

Have no choice I work in supermarket! X"

you choose to go to work like those who choose not to wear a mask

what I think what you mean is that you have no "free choice" (a choice of two more desirable out comes) as you got bills you have to pay,like those who can't wear masks still have to eat and may not have a support network to help get food ect.

I hope this dose not come across I'm attacking you, I just wanted point out that we are all bound by a system that gives the majority of no free choice in some circumstances

"

Cant work out if you're either trolling or seriously stupid??

I must say that in my neck of the woods i see very few people entering shops without a mask. Certainly not enough to warrant the hand wringing and indignation i read about on here.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"

We don't allow blind people to drive, but I'm not aware of any blind people successfully suing on the grounds of disability discrimination.

Cant work out if you're either trolling or seriously stupid??"

Merely pointing out that safety can override disability discrimination laws.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Can't understand why people are concerned if others aren't because if you do wear a mask good it's a life choice they have made and shouldn't be a concern for another if those following rules to protect are keeping themselves safe

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Can't understand why people are concerned if others aren't because if you do wear a mask good it's a life choice they have made and shouldn't be a concern for another if those following rules to protect are keeping themselves safe "

That statement is exactly why people are so concerned whether you're wearing a face mask or not.

Newcastle

"Can't understand why people are concerned if others aren't because if you do wear a mask good it's a life choice they have made and shouldn't be a concern for another if those following rules to protect are keeping themselves safe

That statement is exactly why people are so concerned whether you're wearing a face mask or not."

But shouldn't be they hear like most of us daily number of deaths so if they choose to add to it it's their choice can't teach stupidity

Central

"Can't understand why people are concerned if others aren't because if you do wear a mask good it's a life choice they have made and shouldn't be a concern for another if those following rules to protect are keeping themselves safe

That statement is exactly why people are so concerned whether you're wearing a face mask or not.

But shouldn't be they hear like most of us daily number of deaths so if they choose to add to it it's their choice can't teach stupidity "

Mask wearing has long been viewed as a help to others, to prevent the mask wearer with infection, from infecting others. There may be a benefit to the wearer, but not to the extent of medical grade masks.

Far as I’m concerned it’s condoms & n95s all the way. Be safe people

Central

"I must say that in my neck of the woods i see very few people entering shops without a mask. Certainly not enough to warrant the hand wringing and indignation i read about on here. "

I've not seen anyone without a mask for months. I hope that those unable or needing to wear them have not been hounded from the daily lifestyle that they deserve to, amongst us.

Newcastle

But shouldn't be they hear like most of us daily number of deaths so if they choose to add to it it's their choice can't teach stupidity

Mask wearing has long been viewed as a help to others, to prevent the mask wearer with infection, from infecting others. There may be a benefit to the wearer, but not to the extent of medical grade masks. "

I totally understand it's important but if people choose not to they shouldn't be entitled to care or treatment should they feel unwell why put NHS at risk should be a strict law

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Wow

I did smile to myself yesterday, I was in the local shop and there was a man I assume from the council talking to the owner about what measures they have in place (not many) the owner was saying "I don't let anyone in without a facemask unless they can prove it" as a man was standing at the checkout with no face mask on (he all fairness he could have been a regular and he has proven this), also in the same row of shops we have a chippy, the owner said to doughnut one night "if you come in here without a mask, I won't challenge you".

I don't go in many shops but the ones I do majority of people wear masks, infact the guy yesterday was the first time I haven't seen someone without a mask in a shop for a very long time.

Danish x

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

"

Well said.. Some People are too quick to judge.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

I’m not trying to rewrite policies (or is it Government guidelines), I just think it’s good to share what you know, especially on something as important as this. People wearing masks and thinking they are protected might actually be doing more harm than good. "

Inconclusive does not mean masks don't work.

E

The South

"

Correct. It is.

Can you just clarify

Two men stand facing each other, naked and pissing. Both men get pissed on.

Two men stand facing each other pissing, one man wears pants, one man gets pissed on.

Two men stand facing each other pissing, both wear pants. Neither man gets pissed on.

It's really really really simple.

E

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

I really struggle with paper masks, bizarrely I have no problem wearing large industrial masks with 3x 1 way valves and 2 filtration canisters in. However they only protect me as the outgoing air is unfiltered.

Okehampton

That's a but nasty. There are a lot of people who are genuinely exempt and cannot wear one. How nasty is your comment"

Nasty ? No not at all. I see first hand, people that are laying there, some in their final days, some that we have no hope of saving.

My comment was based purely and simply on my earlier post.

Some on here, will believe one Study, some will believe or disbelieve another.

Some will not wear any sort of cover, whether it be a mask or a shield, because they just don't want too, as they like to be different.

Some will cite, mental health reasons.

If wearing some sort of prevention helps to reduce Covid it is a good thing. Even if it is just psychological.

There will be a very small proportion of people that really can't wear a cover, but quite a few that are on a Government exceptions list, just won't, even if the could just for an hourly shop.

This is not political, this is real life and in many cases sadly death.

"I really struggle with paper masks, bizarrely I have no problem wearing large industrial masks with 3x 1 way valves and 2 filtration canisters in. However they only protect me as the outgoing air is unfiltered. "

Laggy band with a piece from a paper mask over the valve?

The South

A medical point of view.

Retired Surgeon Sam Laucks, has this to say about wearing masks:

I have spent the past 39 years working in the field of surgery. For a significant part of that time, I have worn a mask. I have worked with hundreds (probably thousands) of colleagues during those years, who have also worn masks. Not a single one us of became ill, pa55ed out or died from lack of oxygen. Not a single one of us became ill, pa55ed out or died from breathing too much carbon dioxide. Not a single one us of became ill, pa55ed out or died from rebreathing a little of our own exhaled air. Let’s begin here by putting those scare tactics to rest!

It is true that some people, with advanced lung diseases, may be so fragile that a mask could make their already-tenuous breathing more difficult. If your lungs are that bad, you probably shouldn’t be going out in public at the present time anyway; the consequences if you are exposed to Covid-19 would likely be devastating.

“But”, you ask, “can’t viruses go right through the mask, because they are so small?” (“Masks keep viruses out just as well as a chain link fence keeps mosquitoes out,” some tell us.)

It is true that individual virus particles can pass through the pores of a mask; however, viruses don’t move on their own.

They do not fly across the room like a mosquito, wiggle through your mask like a worm, or fly up your nose like a gnat.

The virus is essentially nothing more than a tiny blob of genetic material. Covid-19 travels in a Carrier. That carrier is a fluid droplet, fluid droplets that you expel when you cough, sneeze, sing, laugh, talk or simply exhale. Most of your fluid droplets will be stopped from entering the air in the room if you are wearing a mask. Wearing a mask is a very efficient way to protect others if you are carrying the virus (even if you don’t know that you are infected). In addition, if someone else’s fluid droplets happen to land on your mask, many of them will not pass through. This gives the wearer some additional protection, too.

But, the main reason to wear a mask is to protect others. Even if you don’t care about yourself, wear your mask to protect your neighbours, co-workers and friends!

A mask is certainly not 100% protective. However, it appears that the severity of Covid-19 infection is at least partially “dose-dependent.” In other words, the more virus particles that enter your body, the sicker you are likely to become. Why not decrease that volume if you can? “What have you got to lose?!”

“But doesn’t a requirement or a request to wear a mask violate my constitutional rights?” You’re also not allowed to go into the grocery store if you are not wearing pants. You can’t yell “fire” in the Produce Department. You’re not allowed to urinate on the floor in the Frozen Food Section. Do you object to those restrictions? Rules, established for the common good, are component of a civilized society.

“But aren’t masks uncomfortable?” Some would say that underwear or shoes can be uncomfortable, but we still wear them. (Actually, being on a ventilator is pretty darned uncomfortable, too!) Are masks really so bad that you can’t tolerate them, even if they will help keep others healthy?

“But won’t people think I’m a snowflake or a wimp if I wear a mask?” I hope you have enough self-confidence to overcome that.

“But won’t I look stupid if I wear a mask?” I’ve decided not to dignify that question with an answer.

“But I never get sick; I’m not worried.” Well, then, wear a mask for the sake of the rest of us who are not so perfect!

There is good evidence that masks make a real difference in diminishing the transmission of Covid-19. Please, for the sake of others (and for the sake of yourself), wear your mask when in public. It won’t kill you!

P.S. - And, by the way, please be sure that BOTH your nose and mouth are covered!

Recommendations around mask usage are confusing. The science isn't. Evidence shows that masks are extremely effective to slow the coronavirus and may be the best tool available right now to fight it.”

Yep it's a respitory virus and while washing our hands had some benefits....it was always always 95% chance you were going to get infected via the airways then of your hands...

what I think what you mean is that you have no "free choice" (a choice of two more desirable out comes) as you got bills you have to pay,like those who can't wear masks still have to eat and may not have a support network to help get food ect.

I hope this dose not come across I'm attacking you, I just wanted point out that we are all bound by a system that gives the majority of no free choice in some circumstances

"

To be fair, it does sound like an attack on someone you don't know and don't consider their situation.

"

Cant work out if you're either trolling or seriously stupid??"

I think the latter

"

Merely pointing out that safety can override disability discrimination laws."

How can they? They CANNOT override ANY discrimination laws. What's next? Discrimination against gender, sexual preferences, colour? You choose

That's a but nasty. There are a lot of people who are genuinely exempt and cannot wear one. How nasty is your comment

Nasty ? No not at all. I see first hand, people that are laying there, some in their final days, some that we have no hope of saving.

Some will not wear any sort of cover, whether it be a mask or a shield, because they just don't want too, as they like to be different.

If wearing some sort of prevention helps to reduce Covid it is a good thing. Even if it is just psychological.

There will be a very small proportion of people that really can't wear a cover, but quite a few that are on a Government exceptions list, just won't, even if the could just for an hourly shop.

"

So does cancer, dementia, old age, suicide but forget about the 600,000 who die yeah?

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"

Kindness and tolerance. It'll take us far.

ashford

Ah so you advocate them not going to the supermarket? That is discrimination. Once you've got rid of the disability discrimination laws, what's next? Gender? Colour. You choose. You're the one wanting to abandon discrimination laws "

Not at all ! Just stay away from supermarkets! Whilst this is going on! If u cant for whatever reason wear a mask then yes stay away! X

ashford

Masks have never claimed to be protective "

Ohh that old chestnut? x

ashford

"

There Is allways choice! And there is a network to help people get food! No one is gonna starve! X

ashford

"

Merely pointing out that safety can override disability discrimination laws."

Exactly!! X

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

the evidence has been well summarised by Sebastian Rushworth M.D. in his article

Covid-19: New evidence on face masks

Which you can find via Google

Hint: i wear a mask when out but the evidence doesn't suggest Im being protected

Okehampton

So does cancer, dementia, old age, suicide but forget about the 600,000 who die yeah? "

I will leave it with you, You clearly have a much better understanding of Covid than I do. I bow to your superior knowledge on the subject.

My whole NHS career has been completed wasted. 30 odd years as a senior ITU professional has taught me nothing at all.

The Stress, the strain breakdowns, PTSD hasn't been worth it at all.

The only thing it has taught me, no matter how hard we work, no matter what we have trained for, no matter what we have seen. Someone will quote me a figure that they have picked up from someone, somewhere.

I totally apologise, for even bothering. You win. Good luck.

I don't really know why so many people need to do things that require a mask I don't need a mask and as yet haven't worn one because I don't go any where that would require one quite frankly if I'm getting close enough to someone to need a mask I'm to close to them seems unnecessary to do all these things people are cladding as essential and I work full time don't go without any thing and live a normal life without missing out on anything really, only time it will change and I will need to wear a mask is when pubs and restraunts reopen

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't really know why so many people need to do things that require a mask I don't need a mask and as yet haven't worn one because I don't go any where that would require one quite frankly if I'm getting close enough to someone to need a mask I'm to close to them seems unnecessary to do all these things people are cladding as essential and I work full time don't go without any thing and live a normal life without missing out on anything really, only time it will change and I will need to wear a mask is when pubs and restraunts reopen "

You haven't been in a supermarket?

Probably says he stays 2 metres away from everyone

Fat fingers my eyes are rolling now

"I don't really know why so many people need to do things that require a mask I don't need a mask and as yet haven't worn one because I don't go any where that would require one quite frankly if I'm getting close enough to someone to need a mask I'm to close to them seems unnecessary to do all these things people are cladding as essential and I work full time don't go without any thing and live a normal life without missing out on anything really, only time it will change and I will need to wear a mask is when pubs and restraunts reopen

You haven't been in a supermarket?"

no have had my shopping delivered for about 4 years now never had time to go shopping so used to just end up paying a fortune in co-op so started having it delivered so much easier just do my shopping on my phone when ever I want.

ashford

"I don't really know why so many people need to do things that require a mask I don't need a mask and as yet haven't worn one because I don't go any where that would require one quite frankly if I'm getting close enough to someone to need a mask I'm to close to them seems unnecessary to do all these things people are cladding as essential and I work full time don't go without any thing and live a normal life without missing out on anything really, only time it will change and I will need to wear a mask is when pubs and restraunts reopen "

Exactly this the only place I wear one is work in supermarket! If I had not been made redundant I wouldn't have had to wear one either! Have allways had on line shopping x

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't really know why so many people need to do things that require a mask I don't need a mask and as yet haven't worn one because I don't go any where that would require one quite frankly if I'm getting close enough to someone to need a mask I'm to close to them seems unnecessary to do all these things people are cladding as essential and I work full time don't go without any thing and live a normal life without missing out on anything really, only time it will change and I will need to wear a mask is when pubs and restraunts reopen

You haven't been in a supermarket? no have had my shopping delivered for about 4 years now never had time to go shopping so used to just end up paying a fortune in co-op so started having it delivered so much easier just do my shopping on my phone when ever I want. "

I've not been shopping online to save spots for the physically vulnerable, and I mask when meeting delivery people. Shrug. (I'm not going anywhere else at the moment or any time soon)

ashford

You haven't been in a supermarket? no have had my shopping delivered for about 4 years now never had time to go shopping so used to just end up paying a fortune in co-op so started having it delivered so much easier just do my shopping on my phone when ever I want.

I've not been shopping online to save spots for the physically vulnerable, and I mask when meeting delivery people. Shrug. (I'm not going anywhere else at the moment or any time soon)"

There is plenty of slots for everyone not just vulnerable! Otherwise I wouldn't have a job x

Manchester (she/her)

You haven't been in a supermarket? no have had my shopping delivered for about 4 years now never had time to go shopping so used to just end up paying a fortune in co-op so started having it delivered so much easier just do my shopping on my phone when ever I want.

I've not been shopping online to save spots for the physically vulnerable, and I mask when meeting delivery people. Shrug. (I'm not going anywhere else at the moment or any time soon)

There is plenty of slots for everyone not just vulnerable! Otherwise I wouldn't have a job x"

There's a 2-3 week waiting period in my area, I'm afraid. So I leave it

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Yes I'm amazed you have never needed to wear a mask. I wore one when a plumber came to my house, when I thanked my neighbours who left birthday presents for my twins on the doorstep, when I went to pay my respects to a funeral cortege in my street. How are you living "a normal life" if you never have human interaction ?

There is plenty of slots for everyone not just vulnerable! Otherwise I wouldn't have a job x"

only days I can never get a slot is Friday, Saturday but that's fine with me Tuesday,Thursday and Sunday evening never have anyone on then so loads of slots available for everyone.

"Yes I'm amazed you have never needed to wear a mask. I wore one when a plumber came to my house, when I thanked my neighbours who left birthday presents for my twins on the doorstep, when I went to pay my respects to a funeral cortege in my street. How are you living "a normal life" if you never have human interaction ? "
I do have human interaction but I don't need to go close to people to use the interaction the goverment guideline is 2 meters I don't go any nearer than that,I work on building sites all over the country,I have site meetings with clients I do all sorts but just don't go closer than 2 metres it's not difficult I'm obviously lucky I work out doors and drive so dont need masks to catch busses or go indoors ECT.

ashford

There is plenty of slots for everyone not just vulnerable! Otherwise I wouldn't have a job x only days I can never get a slot is Friday, Saturday but that's fine with me Tuesday,Thursday and Sunday evening never have anyone on then so loads of slots available for everyone. "

Yes there is allways slots! I get mine from tesco although work in another one! And iceland on rare occasion I use them allways have next day delivery I like the Gregg's vegan frozen food they do x

People saying there are plenty of slots yes but you have to book 2 weeks in advance.

It is not a case of being able to book your shopping for a week's time in most cases and I live in a major city.

In fact with testo I haven't been able to get a slot with them for the last 4 weeks so it very much depends on where you live. The slot prices have also gone up as Asda's have gone up from about £3 pounds to in some cases £7.

Manchester (she/her)

"People saying there are plenty of slots yes but you have to book 2 weeks in advance.

It is not a case of being able to book your shopping for a week's time in most cases and I live in a major city.

In fact with testo I haven't been able to get a slot with them for the last 4 weeks so it very much depends on where you live. The slot prices have also gone up as Asda's have gone up from about £3 pounds to in some cases £7.

"

Yes, prices up and waiting times much bigger. So I'm doing my bit. If I catch it I'm low risk (I had a suspected case). So I don't book a slot because I hope it might go to someone who needs it more.

"People saying there are plenty of slots yes but you have to book 2 weeks in advance.

"

must depend where you live I booked asda yesterday morning for Tuesday evening £2.50 delivery but I'm quite rural.

Beside from food shopping or work what else are people doing where they need a mask just curious?

Yes, prices up and waiting times much bigger. So I'm doing my bit. If I catch it I'm low risk (I had a suspected case). So I don't book a slot because I hope it might go to someone who needs it more."

I will also add this is with priority slots.

We can get sainsbury's but normally even with priority is 9 days away now im not knocking this but I'm just saying it is not as easy as people are trying to make out. City's actually seem to have more demand and lower capacity than rural areas.

must depend where you live I booked asda yesterday morning for Tuesday evening £2.50 delivery but I'm quite rural. "

My sister lives on the Isle of Wight and can get deliveries with asda much quicker and cheaper than I can in London.

Manchester (she/her)

"Beside from food shopping or work what else are people doing where they need a mask just curious?"

That's all, but I'm not doing anything else involving people

ashford

must depend where you live I booked asda yesterday morning for Tuesday evening £2.50 delivery but I'm quite rural. "

Yes think the bigger supermarkets u have to book in advance I've got tesco coming monday that I booked 3 weeks ago u just have to b Davey and get a bulk lot! And deliveroo now pick up from co op if u run out of stuff and as for the delivery charge petrol would cost or taxis if u dont drive would b far more than the delivery charges x

Not at all ! Just stay away from supermarkets! Whilst this is going on! If u cant for whatever reason wear a mask then yes stay away! X"

I didn't say I couldn't but there are people who can't wear a mask and there are government approved exemptions.

So you're saying they should starve?

Not at all ! Just stay away from supermarkets! Whilst this is going on! If u cant for whatever reason wear a mask then yes stay away! X"

Just exactly where did I say I can't wear a mask. See, you're trying to bully

ashford

Not at all ! Just stay away from supermarkets! Whilst this is going on! If u cant for whatever reason wear a mask then yes stay away! X

I didn't say I couldn't but there are people who can't wear a mask and there are government approved exemptions.

So you're saying they should starve? "

We all know that wont happen! X

"

Merely pointing out that safety can override disability discrimination laws.

Exactly!! X"

Absolutely not..

This comes up a lot and the answer usually is just get a delivery slot but where I live it's a 3 week wait, Then get told just have deliveries from the co-op well thats £3 pound a pop.

Also people are forgetting that the face covering rules will be in place for at least another 18 months but yes there are many that want them shut away and not to be seen in public.

So does cancer, dementia, old age, suicide but forget about the 600,000 who die yeah?

I will leave it with you, You clearly have a much better understanding of Covid than I do. I bow to your superior knowledge on the subject.

My whole NHS career has been completed wasted. 30 odd years as a senior ITU professional has taught me nothing at all.

The only thing it has taught me, no matter how hard we work, no matter what we have trained for, no matter what we have seen. Someone will quote me a figure that they have picked up from someone, somewhere.

"

Exactly what I expected. Sarcastic and facetious.

Leeds

"

Of course not. There are home deliveries, click and collect or friends, neighbours or volunteers who can do food shopping. When I was in Vietnam in March there were no mask exemptions. You wore one even in the street or you couldn't go out.

"

Of course not. There are home deliveries, click and collect or friends, neighbours or volunteers who can do food shopping. When I was in Vietnam in March there were no mask exemptions. You wore one even in the street or you couldn't go out. "

A quick Google search showed me Vietnam does have some face covering exemptions there is very few countries that don't but the difference is you have to have a document from your doctor.

We all know that wont happen! X"

No, you assume it won't happen

ashford

Just exactly where did I say I can't wear a mask. See, you're trying to bully "

Jeez ! I didnt say u ! I was genaralizing! No bullying going on! X

We keep going round in circles with this discussion there is absolutely no reason why somebody who is face covering exempt should have to rely on friends and neighbours or why they should have to rely on deliveries because no supermarket is refusing entry to exempt people it is a simple as that it's just that some in society would rather these people were shut away and not seen. I was in a supermarket last week for the 1st time in months and saw 6 members of staff wearing Langyards and not a face covering and that was a tesco store. So should these people get the sack?

"We keep going round in circles with this discussion there is absolutely no reason why somebody who is face covering exempt should have to rely on friends and neighbours or why they should have to rely on deliveries because no supermarket is refusing entry to exempt people it is a simple as that it's just that some in society would rather these people were shut away and not seen. I was in a supermarket last week for the 1st time in months and saw 6 members of staff wearing Langyards and not a face covering and that was a tesco store. So should these people get the sack?"

No send them outside on trolley collection

"We keep going round in circles with this discussion there is absolutely no reason why somebody who is face covering exempt should have to rely on friends and neighbours or why they should have to rely on deliveries because no supermarket is refusing entry to exempt people it is a simple as that it's just that some in society would rather these people were shut away and not seen. I was in a supermarket last week for the 1st time in months and saw 6 members of staff wearing Langyards and not a face covering and that was a tesco store. So should these people get the sack?

No send them outside on trolley collection "

It really is ridiculous isn't it.

"We keep going round in circles with this discussion there is absolutely no reason why somebody who is face covering exempt should have to rely on friends and neighbours or why they should have to rely on deliveries because no supermarket is refusing entry to exempt people it is a simple as that it's just that some in society would rather these people were shut away and not seen. I was in a supermarket last week for the 1st time in months and saw 6 members of staff wearing Langyards and not a face covering and that was a tesco store. So should these people get the sack?

"

No it's called a sense of humour.

ashford

No it's called a sense of humour."

yes we all need one of those! X

No it's called a sense of humour."

Huh?

I know you were joking but I was added that its ridiculous that many actually would advocate that.

Okehampton

Exactly what I expected. Sarcastic and facetious. "

Cant work out if your expectation was high or low, but hey, as usual You are right again. Keep up the good work.

"Beside from food shopping or work what else are people doing where they need a mask just curious?"

Flying abroad.

All these discussions about masks, references to studies etc is all fair enough, but most masks worn really do not fit.

I always wear my mask but not the standard as they do not make a seal around your face.

Surely we should all be wearing face fitted masks?.

Manchester

"

Correct. It is.

Can you just clarify

Two men stand facing each other pissing, one man wears pants, one man gets pissed on.

Two men stand facing each other pissing, both wear pants. Neither man gets pissed on.

E"

No piss on their pants then?

I’m just going off the results of the study, I wonder if they conducted the piss test? This might have saved them a lot of time.

Leeds

There must have been piss on the floor

The South

"

Correct. It is.

Can you just clarify

E

No piss on their pants then?

I’m just going off the results of the study, I wonder if they conducted the piss test? This might have saved them a lot of time."

Yes. On the inside.

E

The South

"There must have been piss on the floor"

Wellingtons are a key part of Covid PPE.

E