FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > What life could be like...

What life could be like...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

There's a story / report on BBC about tennis players at the aus open. Reading it made me quite emotional, the freedom to go and do things, when, where you want... With whom you want...

All as a result of leaders leading well and people doing what they need to, basically people pulling together. Enforced quarantine, travel bans, etc...

Have a read and see if it makes you crave getting some "normal" in your lives...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/55924528

We can get there.....lets pull together.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes it could have all been so different if ours had truly listened to the science all along.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm doing my best.

Manchester (she/her)

And... As priority groups begin to be rolled out in Australia and I hear how high up my family are...

I'm so fucking grateful that they're safe.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

It makes me sad and frustrated

The high Street is packed today, queues to get into the local shops, the lady in superdrug said its been the busiest day yet, I know I shall be spending my half term at home, because once the kids are off home learning, people will go out more and more

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"It makes me sad and frustrated

The high Street is packed today, queues to get into the local shops, the lady in superdrug said its been the busiest day yet, I know I shall be spending my half term at home, because once the kids are off home learning, people will go out more and more "

I would have to say its not the same here at all .. very quiet and mostly people arer staying at home .. which is encoraging

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

pull together but 2 meters apart!!!

Tin town

The high Street is packed today, queues to get into the local shops, the lady in superdrug said its been the busiest day yet, I know I shall be spending my half term at home, because once the kids are off home learning, people will go out more and more "

It makes you wonder what has to happen doesn't it? Lockdown my arse?! So why aren't "we" taking more responsibility? What aren't the shops? Where are the covid wardens / plod in all this...? What is essential in a Costa coffee and a slice of Victoria's cream filled sponge?

Tin town

The high Street is packed today, queues to get into the local shops, the lady in superdrug said its been the busiest day yet, I know I shall be spending my half term at home, because once the kids are off home learning, people will go out more and more

I would have to say its not the same here at all .. very quiet and mostly people arer staying at home .. which is encoraging

"

Round of applause for Stafford!

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

It makes you wonder what has to happen doesn't it? Lockdown my arse?! So why aren't "we" taking more responsibility? What aren't the shops? Where are the covid wardens / plod in all this...? What is essential in a Costa coffee and a slice of Victoria's cream filled sponge? "

I've seen one covid warden once in the whole 6 weeks I've been doing the school run and working. Never see any police down the high Street its so frustrating

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

Sounds like they have about the same level of freedom we had in the summer , which is not surprising as it’s bow mid summer for them ...

Manchester (she/her)

"Sounds like they have about the same level of freedom we had in the summer , which is not surprising as it’s bow mid summer for them ... "

And - apart from Victoria, I'm aware they were in lockdown - how about the freedom in the rest of Australia?

Western Australia has had one case in April. One. You know when they lifted all restrictions apart from travel? Last July (apart from the last five days to stamp out a potential outbreak from that one case).

nearby

Still you are comparing apples and oranges we have a completely different climate and population. There are way to many factors in play for comparison ... mind you no doubt the weather is boris’s fault too

Manchester (she/her)

"Still you are comparing apples and oranges we have a completely different climate and population. There are way to many factors in play for comparison ... mind you no doubt the weather is boris’s fault too "

What comparison would be fair, then?

We can't be world beating if comparison is invalid.

nearby

Comparisons are not valid in most things political or between countries all we can do is get on with what we have here, and things are looking pretty positive at the moment the current infections are on a decline people during is in a decline we’re doing an amazing job of getting the vaccine out there and it’s looking good for a decent summer of minimal restrictions.

Manchester (she/her)

"Comparisons are not valid in most things political or between countries all we can do is get on with what we have here, and things are looking pretty positive at the moment the current infections are on a decline people during is in a decline we’re doing an amazing job of getting the vaccine out there and it’s looking good for a decent summer of minimal restrictions."

Trillions down the tube, billions spaffed at mates, one of the worst death rates in the world

But Boris looked at a comb today. Amazing!

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"...

We can't be world beating if comparison is invalid."

Why do we have to be 'world beating'?

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

I was going to go into a shop today, but changed my mind, the newsagents staff were stood at the door smoking and not social distance and no mask.

I had to go to another one. Only to walk in and no masks. I really had no energy. Gladly i wore my mask.

Shop owners are just as bad in my opinion. They should be fined aswell.

Manchester (she/her)

"...

We can't be world beating if comparison is invalid.

Why do we have to be 'world beating'?"

It's what is so often claimed.

» Add a new message to this topic