FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Antivaxxers

Antivaxxers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Aka pro-diseasers

I cannot understand why people let go of science and reason to become this kind of madman who intentionally puts at risk the future of humanity, by denying their kids receiving any kind of vaccines, and thus putting already eradicated diseases back on the tracks. I mean childhood used to be dangerous, really dangerous. Then vaccinations came along and we eradicated things like smallpox.

Like climate change deniers they ignore and attack good science, investing faith in crazy Americans and David icke, finding a half cocked conspiracy theory more convincing than peer reviewed clinical data stretching back decades.

A healthy antivaxxer's kid will live a long life, dying from natural causes at the age of three, generally from polio, measles, typhoid, diphtheria, smallpox etc.

Like climate change deniers they ignore and attack good science, investing faith in crazy Americans and David icke, finding a half cocked conspiracy theory more convincing than peer reviewed clinical data stretching back decades.

Rant over

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

I am not an anti vaxer, however, my mother is. I had no childhood immunisations due to multiple allergies and have managed to live to the ripe old age of 45, so, "A healthy antivaxxer's kid will live a long life, dying from natural causes at the age of three, generally from polio, measles, typhoid, diphtheria, smallpox etc." is not necessarily so...

By *e CapCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Because somehow the humanity made it from monkey days to 20th century without any vaccine. Since the vaccine came into play we nearly managed to destroy ourselves and the planet. Maybe we are the virus and COVID is Earths vaccine against us.

"I am not an anti vaxer, however, my mother is. I had no childhood immunisations due to multiple allergies and have managed to live to the ripe old age of 45, so, "A healthy antivaxxer's kid will live a long life, dying from natural causes at the age of three, generally from polio, measles, typhoid, diphtheria, smallpox etc." is not necessarily so...

"

Not necessarily no; you can have unprotected sex with someone with an sti and there’s a chance you still might not catch anything!

Basingstoke

A good ,balanced life will take a lot further than any vaccine cocktail.

"Because somehow the humanity made it from monkey days to 20th century without any vaccine. Since the vaccine came into play we nearly managed to destroy ourselves and the planet. Maybe we are the virus and COVID is Earths vaccine against us. "

True, but people used to have about 12 kids in the hope some would survive. This is not needed today. There aren’t kids on crutches everywhere or on iron lungs.

Humanity is more like a parasite than a virus. Don’t get me started on the sixth extinction caused by a certain biped

"A good ,balanced life will take a lot further than any vaccine cocktail. "

No, I’m quite sure it was a far reaching vaccinations programme that eradicated smallpox, not a good balanced life.

Measles can also have a crippling long-term effect on children's immune systems, leaving them susceptible to other infectious diseases. Aside from localized outbreaks associated with parents living a blanched life/ refusing vaccinations for their children, measles has been largely eliminated in most affluent countries.

Mumps is exceedingly rare however there were 3,500 cases in a 2009 outbreak centred around New York’s orthodox Jewish community where vaccination take up is low.

With a cheap and effective vaccine, cases of polio across the world have plunged by nearly 99% since 1988.

Would you advocate we stop vaccinating against these diseases, bring em back?

Basingstoke

How much do we owe to the vaccine though? We don’t know. The medicine evolved, the understanding of the different diseases increased, Access to more nutritious food , access to water, minerals, vitamins etc all played a part in our “ success “.

Basingstoke

I am not an antivaxxer but I don’t think the vaccine is the answer for everything.

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

Anti vaccination is a real indicator of someone’s mentality. Stupid.

Frimley

"How much do we owe to the vaccine though? We don’t know. The medicine evolved, the understanding of the different diseases increased, Access to more nutritious food , access to water, minerals, vitamins etc all played a part in our “ success “."

Nope, you don’t. But a shit lot of really smart mother fuckers do know. And they say take it.

"How much do we owe to the vaccine though? We don’t know. The medicine evolved, the understanding of the different diseases increased, Access to more nutritious food , access to water, minerals, vitamins etc all played a part in our “ success “."

Well we still had clean water and good food (with a lot less pesticides in it) yet when people were vaccinated en mass against polio suddenly they stopped getting it. A fall of 99% in polio cases since the cheap effective vaccine rolled out across the world - and you think it’s down to vitamin pills? How many sub Saharan Africans nip to Holland & Barrett. Don’t think vitamin supplements played any part of driving polio out of Africa.

The science behind vaccination is widely supported with peer reviewed published data. It is good science. The tactic used to spread anti vaccine propaganda, to sew this confusion and mistrust, is the same one once used by tobacco companies to fight against claims smoking causes cancer, and used by Exxon/Mobil and other oil companies to deny climate change science. Creating doubt by attacking good scientific evidence.

Basingstoke

If we keep pumping all sorts of drugs in our body at some point our innate immune system will become so weak that may succumb to a real deadly virus. Imagine something infectious like Measles and deadly like Ebola. All of us kaput.

By *iveralandssklpMan  over a year ago

Turkey

As they say "You cabt cure stupidity"

It's a bit like smokers who think that that will never suffer from heart disease or COPD. Or heavy drinkers who think their liver won't be affected.

I will expect the usual "iknow some one who smoked 100 cigarettes a day and lived to be a 100 years old and my friend drinks 2 bottles of vodka a day and in his nineties.

Get real and listen to science, the Who has announced that because of vaccines Smallpox has been eradicated

Basingstoke

"How much do we owe to the vaccine though? We don’t know. The medicine evolved, the understanding of the different diseases increased, Access to more nutritious food , access to water, minerals, vitamins etc all played a part in our “ success “.

Nope, you don’t. But a shit lot of really smart mother fuckers do know. And they say take it. "

Just because you might be stupid doesn’t mean everyone on this forum is stupid. Those “smart mother fuckers” are not all of them as smart as you may think. They are not stupid but not genius either, at least majority of them.

"If we keep pumping all sorts of drugs in our body at some point our innate immune system will become so weak that may succumb to a real deadly virus. Imagine something infectious like Measles and deadly like Ebola. All of us kaput. "

Ebola’s deadliness is what stops it wiping us all out. It’s so fast and deadly it never has time to quietly spread in the background. Outbreaks are quickly manageable.

Vaccines are not drugs, most are inactive versions of the little wiggy that our bored immune systems can practice beating up.

Drugs generally cause changes in cell structure to achieve a desired effect.

Used in moderation they are massively beneficial. Used excessively they will make you Ill. However, anything is a poison, it’s just a question of amount.

Even pure water will kill you in sufficient quantities.

Basingstoke

I don’t deny that vaccine eradicated smallpox but that doesn’t mean that vaccine is the answer for everything.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

I am offended especially if the anti-vaxxers use religion as their reason.

However there are some who are hesitant in receiving the Covid vaccine and yet not an anti-vaccine.

Basingstoke

I know how Ebola works, I know how drugs work... can I have a different opinion, or at least slightly different because I mostly agree with you just not on everything?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I know Navy Bio Chemist and he says there is not enough long term data on the effects of any vaccine for covid.. he literally is one of the people working with covid

Is he an anti vaxxer?

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I don't believe everyone would need the vaccine but those who would a poor lifestyle, a weak immune system, don't understand basic hygiene

London&Dublin

"I know Navy Bio Chemist and he says there is not enough long term data on the effects of any vaccine for covid.. he literally is one of the people working with covid

Is he an anti vaxxer? "

Exactly.

Folks who see a conspiracy in everything are not questioned or even doubters, there's something deeper going on in their heads.

Most seem to be gossip ers, at my place of work at any rate.

I had an anti Vaxer telling me that they could track us through the jab.

He also thinks the earth is flat.

The problem is these folks win over the usually level headed for some reason with half cocked untruths.

Strange times indeed.

Newcastle

Once this has gone it's coming back in 10 years is this vaccine protect I think so second round

What I want to know, how many anti vaxxers of a certain generation went raving and got off their tits regularly?!

Danish x

Newcastle

Why has some countries only had less than 100 deaths

Newcastle

Climate has a huge part to play

Basingstoke

"I am offended especially if the anti-vaxxers use religion as their reason.

However there are some who are hesitant in receiving the Covid vaccine and yet not an anti-vaccine. "

So one of the most incompetent prime ministers in British history and one of the most incompetent prime ministers in Europe at the moment ( fact not supposition) tells me to take a jab. Some smart guys told him is good. Twice three weeks apart. The jab is not screened properly, so basically I am a guinea pig. Then he changes the prescription. He is not a scientist but he can ,even though the smart guys tell him is not okay. Now ,because he run out of first jabs he tells me he has a better prescription... two different jabs... they may work better. Now ,I am very healthy person, balanced diet, never ill in my life, flue barely touched me, no elderly people living with me. How crazy or how stupid I can be to take those jabs?

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"I know Navy Bio Chemist and he says there is not enough long term data on the effects of any vaccine for covid.. he literally is one of the people working with covid

Is he an anti vaxxer?

Exactly. "

He may not be an anti vaxxer.. Though he is implying people should be from what he said

Is he an anti vaxxer? "

Well how would I know that? I don’t know him, you tell me.

It seems to be oxymoronic to point out there is no long term data on something that is brand new. By effects, did he mean side effects or efficacy?

Phases one to three clinical trials look at safety and efficacy (is it safe and does it work compared to a placebo?) This data is already available for most vaccines. Currently there are no problems reported. There is good published evidence the vaccines are safe and effective.

Long term, only time will tell but then again this is the same for every drug or vaccine ever made and is known as stage 4. Postmarketing studies to delineate risks, benefits, and optimal use. These are ongoing during the drug's lifetime of active medical use.

Your bio chemist friend should be aware of all this, and may well decide that he wants to wait ten years to see what the long term effects are, that’s his choice. The thalidomide scandal saw the strict procedures we have today brought in. I would encourage everyone to get a covid vaccination.

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"Once this has gone it's coming back in 10 years is this vaccine protect I think so second round"

Eh ?

"I am not an anti vaxer, however, my mother is. I had no childhood immunisations due to multiple allergies and have managed to live to the ripe old age of 45, so, "A healthy antivaxxer's kid will live a long life, dying from natural causes at the age of three, generally from polio, measles, typhoid, diphtheria, smallpox etc." is not necessarily so...

"

I went to school with a blind, deaf girl who could also not talk......Her condition was caused by her mother catching German Measles whilst pregnant, due to not being vaccinated.

The kids next door to me caught Whooping Cough, I could hear them wretching Thier guts up in the night with horrendous coughing. Thier mother didn't get them vaccinated.

I know 2 wheel chair bound adults who cannot walk.. They caught polio as children....Their mother didn't get them vaccinated.

I just blew your anti Vax comments right out of the water.

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

"

You, like kids who can’t have vaccines for medical reasons, will have benefitted from the other kids around you being vaccinated.

There’s a massive difference between one or two kids not being vaccinated and the days before vaccinations existed and common diseases ran rife.

My Great-Granny had 14 kids. None vaccinated because they weren’t around. 9 died of measles. My mum had 4 kids. 1 couldn’t be vaccinated. He’s still alive, but he didn’t have to play roulette with measles etc because his pals, classmates, siblings and cousins were vaccinated.

London&Dublin

Is he an anti vaxxer?

Exactly.

He may not be an anti vaxxer.. Though he is implying people should be from what he said "

He doesn't.

He just say that there is not enough long term date on the potential side effects.

On a personal note, I really support vaccination (BCG, MMR, polio, hep B : compulsory in my country) and has also agreed to receive the Covid vaccine.

However I can still understand his particular concern regarding the long term side effects (esp of one or two certain brand names).

London&Dublin

Data (not date)

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

You gotta love how so many people think this is a black or white yes or no situation. Totally reflects the poisonous nature of tribalist echo chamber mentality that social media algorithms perpetuate.

There is a LOT of middle ground here yet few people seem willing to hold a civilised and courteous discussion looking at all sides of an argument. Instead they become increasingly entrenched in a single, sometimes myopic, viewpoint on pretty much everything.

Civilised discourse is dying. Questioning the prevalent view is about progress otherwise we would still think the sun revolved around the earth and the earth was flat.

This thread started off slamming anti vaxxers. IMO many/most theories put forward by anti vaxxers are plain weird (inc 5G, Bill Gates etc) but amongst the more crackpot conspiracy theories there will be nuggets of genuine area of concern.

The Covid vaccines have been produced VERY quickly. Yes that is in part due to the huge funding and a large patient base to undertake research. Trials have been accelerated and for the most part this is explainable and supported by peer reviewed scientific research. But when is fast too fast?

There ARE areas that have not been covered by the research (not enough time) that includes, amongst other things a lack of research in vaccine impacts on other drugs and medicines someone is taking. There ARE some concerns about a possible impact on fertility. The vaccines have not been licensed for under 16s (as far as I know). The stage 4 trial did not happen - the vaccine rollout is a live stage 4 trial. There is no research (for obvious reasons) on long term side effects.

There is also, quite rightly, a general mistrust around the ethics of big pharma (with many historical precedents).

So just remember that not everyone raising a concern or worry about having a vaccine is an anti vaxxer. Some are just more cautious and less trusting of people or organisations that have a poor ethical record.

London&Dublin

"

So just remember that not everyone raising a concern or worry about having a vaccine is an anti vaxxer. Some are just more cautious and less trusting of people or organisations that have a poor ethical record."

Thank you.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 06/02/21 09:29:06]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"I am not an antivaxxer but I don’t think the vaccine is the answer for everything."
That is right and same here

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

"What I want to know, how many anti vaxxers of a certain generation went raving and got off their tits regularly?!

Danish x"

What became popular at raves was discovered and synthesised in 1912, before becoming popular in the late 80's... That's nearly 70 years testing.

I'd agree if you were talking about the now banned 'legal highs' they really were untested substances.

I wish all the antis and non mask wearers would go and work in hospitals and give the nurses chance , I suspect not

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

A long standing movement almost as old as vaccination. I've been loosely following them for years. The mental leaps are extraordinary and the seamless jump argument to argument when things go against them stunning to watch. Amazing chutzpah I'd never dare

They're seeing a moment in the sun right now.

(All comments based on my observation over a decade or more, not on anyone in this thread)

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"You gotta love how so many people think this is a black or white yes or no situation. Totally reflects the poisonous nature of tribalist echo chamber mentality that social media algorithms perpetuate.

There is a LOT of middle ground here yet few people seem willing to hold a civilised and courteous discussion looking at all sides of an argument. Instead they become increasingly entrenched in a single, sometimes myopic, viewpoint on pretty much everything.

Civilised discourse is dying. Questioning the prevalent view is about progress otherwise we would still think the sun revolved around the earth and the earth was flat.

This thread started off slamming anti vaxxers. IMO many/most theories put forward by anti vaxxers are plain weird (inc 5G, Bill Gates etc) but amongst the more crackpot conspiracy theories there will be nuggets of genuine area of concern.

The Covid vaccines have been produced VERY quickly. Yes that is in part due to the huge funding and a large patient base to undertake research. Trials have been accelerated and for the most part this is explainable and supported by peer reviewed scientific research. But when is fast too fast?

There ARE areas that have not been covered by the research (not enough time) that includes, amongst other things a lack of research in vaccine impacts on other drugs and medicines someone is taking. There ARE some concerns about a possible impact on fertility. The vaccines have not been licensed for under 16s (as far as I know). The stage 4 trial did not happen - the vaccine rollout is a live stage 4 trial. There is no research (for obvious reasons) on long term side effects.

There is also, quite rightly, a general mistrust around the ethics of big pharma (with many historical precedents).

So just remember that not everyone raising a concern or worry about having a vaccine is an anti vaxxer. Some are just more cautious and less trusting of people or organisations that have a poor ethical record."

Well said these companies making the jabs are doing it for profit not the good of mankind and there record is not great at telling the truth.

"You gotta love how so many people think this is a black or white yes or no situation. Totally reflects the poisonous nature of tribalist echo chamber mentality that social media algorithms perpetuate.

So just remember that not everyone raising a concern or worry about having a vaccine is an anti vaxxer. Some are just more cautious and less trusting of people or organisations that have a poor ethical record.

Well said these companies making the jabs are doing it for profit not the good of mankind and there record is not great at telling the truth.

"

The oxford is being sold at cost presently...though they are getting involved with Pfizer. Let's see where that goes.

Plymouth

The oxford is being sold at cost presently...though they are getting involved with Pfizer. Let's see where that goes."

Isn't it at cost to poorer nations so they can manufacture generic versions. I think the UK and other wealthier nations are paying a higher price for it. Our government has pumped in around a billion to various pharmaceutical companies to help with research costs. If their research has been funded by us, through government than profits made should be minimal, they have smaller overheads for the whole process.

Frimley

"How much do we owe to the vaccine though? We don’t know. The medicine evolved, the understanding of the different diseases increased, Access to more nutritious food , access to water, minerals, vitamins etc all played a part in our “ success “.

Nope, you don’t. But a shit lot of really smart mother fuckers do know. And they say take it.

Just because you might be stupid doesn’t mean everyone on this forum is stupid. Those “smart mother fuckers” are not all of them as smart as you may think. They are not stupid but not genius either, at least majority of them.

"

The scientists in those labs are smarter than you and me. Vaccines are the only reason certain killer dies eases are now not an issue. Anyone not taking the vaccine is basically saying they want people dead.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

[Removed by poster at 06/02/21 10:39:12]

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Well we still had clean water and good food (with a lot less pesticides in it) yet when people were vaccinated en mass against polio suddenly they stopped getting it. A fall of 99% in polio cases since the cheap effective vaccine rolled out across the world - and you think it’s down to vitamin pills? How many sub Saharan Africans nip to Holland & Barrett. Don’t think vitamin supplements played any part of driving polio out of Africa.

The science behind vaccination is widely supported with peer reviewed published data. It is good science. The tactic used to spread anti vaccine propaganda, to sew this confusion and mistrust, is the same one once used by tobacco companies to fight against claims smoking causes cancer, and used by Exxon/Mobil and other oil companies to deny climate change science. Creating doubt by attacking good scientific evidence. "

The type of person who would buy their vitamins from Holland & Barrett are just gullible enough to be duped into anti vax propaganda

The scientists in those labs are smarter than you and me. Vaccines are the only reason certain killer dies eases are now not an issue. Anyone not taking the vaccine is basically saying they want people dead."

Love the irony from a couple of smokers......

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

However there are some who are hesitant in receiving the Covid vaccine and yet not an anti-vaccine.

So one of the most incompetent prime ministers in British history and one of the most incompetent prime ministers in Europe at the moment ( fact not supposition) tells me to take a jab. Some smart guys told him is good. Twice three weeks apart. The jab is not screened properly, so basically I am a guinea pig. Then he changes the prescription. He is not a scientist but he can ,even though the smart guys tell him is not okay. Now ,because he run out of first jabs he tells me he has a better prescription... two different jabs... they may work better. Now ,I am very healthy person, balanced diet, never ill in my life, flue barely touched me, no elderly people living with me. How crazy or how stupid I can be to take those jabs? "

Yes bojo is an idiot.

Yes bojo is changing the recommended vaccination regime, either because he is listening to idiots or for purely political purposes.

Yes I am appalled at the idea of the uk population being involuntarily used in an unlicensed trial of changing the between jabs period, and especially appalled at the idea of "mix and match, well there's no evidence it'll be bad".

All of this tells me that our government are incompetent and probably criminal in their behaviour. However it does not mean i mistrust covid vaccination. Getting the vaccination programme going is possibly the only thing that the government has done right throughout this crisis, and yes they are on the verge of fucking that up as well.

So hold the government to account, speak out against the useless self-serving criminal twats. But please don't get sucked into the antivax conspiracy theory crap that is trying to sabotage the only possiblity for us to climb out of the hole we are in and maybe get back to something like normal life.

Wow you pro diseases certainly are a touchy lot. Had an interesting selection in my inbox this morning.

A certain couple who believe themselves to be hot admonished me for my misguided views, told me rimming and anal sex was disgusting, hid their profile & blocked me to deny me the right to reply. I guess that shows the confidence they have in their own misguided views.

Misguided views? I’m sorry but that isutter bollocks, my views on vaccination are overwhelmingly supported by reason and 50 years of good science.

To others that quote the works of outliers; there have always been contrarians and people out to make a name for themselves in the scientific community. Fred Seitz and Fred Singer are two examples of scientists that joined forces with conservative think tanks and private corporations to challenge the scientific consensus on many contemporary issues. They had their own reasons, one was an avowed anti communist that saw using science to harm American economic interests such as big tobacco and big oil as an affront. That darling of the anti vaxxers Dr Andrew Wakefield had a vested financial interest in selling separate vaccinations as opposed to the MMR. The damage that man has caused in unconscionable.

These same people will cherry pick data and present an alternative view. Some people love challenging norms and scientific evidence. Like climate change deniers, there is no valid debate or position held by anti vaxxers. I won’t call them idiots, as the more intelligent a person is, the more entrenched and assured of their position they are. But really to fly in the face of overwhelming medical evidence and good science, to hold views that are frankly dangerous to the species, is selfish and yes, idiotic.

"Aka pro-diseasers

I cannot understand why people let go of science and reason to become this kind of madman who intentionally puts at risk the future of humanity, by denying their kids receiving any kind of vaccines, and thus putting already eradicated diseases back on the tracks. I mean childhood used to be dangerous, really dangerous. Then vaccinations came along and we eradicated things like smallpox.

A healthy antivaxxer's kid will live a long life, dying from natural causes at the age of three, generally from polio, measles, typhoid, diphtheria, smallpox etc.

Rant over

"

Here's something for you to consider, maybe there are people who see that with each medicine comes a substantial list of side effects, a good number of those preety gruesome and debilitating. Maybe seeing that the things that are meant to help you in general everyday life and that have been common place for many many years having such bad downsides instills a severe distrust of medicine that is designed to treat and combat deadly diseases.

Basingstoke

The scientists in those labs are smarter than you and me. Vaccines are the only reason certain killer dies eases are now not an issue. Anyone not taking the vaccine is basically saying they want people dead."

I don’t know about you but, even though I am not a scientist, I am pretty confident that majority of those guys are not smarter than me.

I don’t want people dead, I just don’t want myself dead or even worst ,with who knows what kind of side effects. Maybe I will change my mind in 6-7 years when more research has been done but until then, pass. I am not scared of dying but I’m scared of becoming a vegetable.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"

That may be because people getting vaccinated keeps infection of disease down. Smallpox has been eradicated worldwide and Polio suppressed as Measles mumps and Rubella. I wish a meningitis vaccine had been around if it had I wouldnt have been nearly killed buy if, lost my hearing and had to suffer years of misunderstanding, and ridicule at school and as an adult. This is why I cannot understand anti science anti vaccination, and flat earth advocates.

"Aka pro-diseasers

Rant over

"

Silly reasoning and too much nonsense to take seriously.

Do you work as an editor for the mail or Sun. Theres a lot of similar logic in the assumptions

Brighton

So one of the most incompetent prime ministers in British history and one of the most incompetent prime ministers in Europe at the moment ( fact not supposition) tells me to take a jab. Some smart guys told him is good. Twice three weeks apart. The jab is not screened properly, so basically I am a guinea pig. Then he changes the prescription. He is not a scientist but he can ,even though the smart guys tell him is not okay. Now ,because he run out of first jabs he tells me he has a better prescription... two different jabs... they may work better. Now ,I am very healthy person, balanced diet, never ill in my life, flue barely touched me, no elderly people living with me. How crazy or how stupid I can be to take those jabs?

Yes bojo is an idiot.

Yes bojo is changing the recommended vaccination regime, either because he is listening to idiots or for purely political purposes.

Yes I am appalled at the idea of the uk population being involuntarily used in an unlicensed trial of changing the between jabs period, and especially appalled at the idea of "mix and match, well there's no evidence it'll be bad".

All of this tells me that our government are incompetent and probably criminal in their behaviour. However it does not mean i mistrust covid vaccination. Getting the vaccination programme going is possibly the only thing that the government has done right throughout this crisis, and yes they are on the verge of fucking that up as well.

So hold the government to account, speak out against the useless self-serving criminal twats. But please don't get sucked into the antivax conspiracy theory crap that is trying to sabotage the only possiblity for us to climb out of the hole we are in and maybe get back to something like normal life."

Very good post

Plymouth

And are all immigrants are here to steal your job...

And are all benefits claimants are lazy work shy clowns...

Has the vaccine been through all the normal long term testing?

There is a long lists of drugs that were tested, licensed and released and then withdrawn due to discovering serious side effects not originally discovered or covered up. Can you or anyone else personally guarantee that this will not happen with these vaccines?

Manchester (she/her)

The scientists in those labs are smarter than you and me. Vaccines are the only reason certain killer dies eases are now not an issue. Anyone not taking the vaccine is basically saying they want people dead.

There is a long lists of drugs that were tested, licensed and released and then withdrawn due to discovering serious side effects not originally discovered or covered up. Can you or anyone else personally guarantee that this will not happen with these vaccines?

"

Perhaps the most significant delay in vaccine testing is money.

... What would cause a vaccine trial to go quicker? Money being thrown at it.

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

Remind us all how great the swine fever vaccine was in 2009 ? As I recall it was a rushed vaccine that wasn't tested properly over enough time, and even now there are ongoing law suits due to side effects.

You might also want to explain why someone needs a vaccine if their immune system is perfectly capable without needing a new dna blueprint injected into them.

Science is undoubtedly a great addition in certain places, but relying on it for solutions to everything is a slippery road. If scientists were totally infallible then religion would be gone for a start.

"Because somehow the humanity made it from monkey days to 20th century without any vaccine. Since the vaccine came into play we nearly managed to destroy ourselves and the planet. Maybe we are the virus and COVID is Earths vaccine against us. "
I keep thinking that same thing.

Plymouth

... What would cause a vaccine trial to go quicker? Money being thrown at it."

Governments have been funding the pharmaceutical companies to the tune of 100s of millions, all the money in the world can't make a 12 month test take 6 months, can it? As it's the time scale that is the important factor.

Sticking someone in a hypobaric chamber does speed the process up a bit, not sure if it's measurable in a scientific way or relevant though. It's usually used to speed up the oxygen intake process for recovery. How do you accelerate a long term test?

By *aturasqCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

"Anti vaccination is a real indicator of someone’s mentality. Stupid. "

"Because somehow the humanity made it from monkey days to 20th century without any vaccine. Since the vaccine came into play we nearly managed to destroy ourselves and the planet. Maybe we are the virus and COVID is Earths vaccine against us. I keep thinking that same thing.

"

We did Indeed and will continue to do so. The issue behind the vast majority of the responses is to do with SELF preservation, not about the best for others, it's about PERSONAL liberties, not about collectively working together. It doesn't play into the narrative that this place is bigger than you or me. We are but a micron in the script but need to be accepted recognised as much bigger than that.

Manchester (she/her)

Governments have been funding the pharmaceutical companies to the tune of 100s of millions, all the money in the world can't make a 12 month test take 6 months, can it? As it's the time scale that is the important factor.

Sticking someone in a hypobaric chamber does speed the process up a bit, not sure if it's measurable in a scientific way or relevant though. It's usually used to speed up the oxygen intake process for recovery. How do you accelerate a long term test?

"

Part of the speeding up here has been "pause testing while we get more money".

The industry might be funded, but x lab doing y research still needs to apply for funding. In fact last I checked Moderna research into whether their vaccine slows Covid transmission is on hold for this very reason.

There are plenty of explanations out there for other shortening of research, none of which is nefarious.

Brighton

... What would cause a vaccine trial to go quicker? Money being thrown at it."

I said similar above. The speed of Covid vaccine development has been very fast. Several factors at play; level of investment, access to a very large pool of research subjects, multiple studies feeding in data, collapsed timeframes for each stage trial and in some cases running them concurrently. And no stage 4 trial (they are using the widespread rollout to the public as a stage 4).

People are citing “decades of research” but ignoring the point that that only pertains to vaccines that are decades old. They have long term studies observing long term side effects and interactions with other medicines.

There is nothing wrong with healthy scepticism and asking questions as opposed to blind acceptance of “authority”

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I don’t know about you but, even though I am not a scientist, I am pretty confident that majority of those guys are not smarter than me.

"

That'll be why they're in laboratories creating treatments which will save millions while you're proclaiming your intelligence on a swingers site forum.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"

You’re probably here due to herd immunity and other being immunised though. Had you been a child now with the increase in anti vaxxer measles is now breaking out in schools so I’m guessing you wouldn’t have been that lucky.

Manchester (she/her)

I said similar above. The speed of Covid vaccine development has been very fast. Several factors at play; level of investment, access to a very large pool of research subjects, multiple studies feeding in data, collapsed timeframes for each stage trial and in some cases running them concurrently. And no stage 4 trial (they are using the widespread rollout to the public as a stage 4).

People are citing “decades of research” but ignoring the point that that only pertains to vaccines that are decades old. They have long term studies observing long term side effects and interactions with other medicines.

There is nothing wrong with healthy scepticism and asking questions as opposed to blind acceptance of “authority” "

Your point is the opposite of mine.

My point is that this has been sped up because scientists haven't had to apply and wait for funding at several stages.

You see healthy scepticism, I see denialism from people who don't even know enough to formulate questions that make sense.

South

"Because somehow the humanity made it from monkey days to 20th century without any vaccine. Since the vaccine came into play we nearly managed to destroy ourselves and the planet. Maybe we are the virus and COVID is Earths vaccine against us. I keep thinking that same thing.

"

Jesus life expectancy was 40. People had 12 kids in the hope that a few would survive, people died from simple infections and that’s just 150 years ago. History isn’t moonlight and roses it’s being kicked out of your village to die alone if you have an infectious disease.

South

There is nothing wrong with healthy scepticism and asking questions as opposed to blind acceptance of “authority”

My point is that this has been sped up because scientists haven't had to apply and wait for funding at several stages.

You see healthy scepticism, I see denialism from people who don't even know enough to formulate questions that make sense. "

This ... vaccination take so long to approve as they have usually a lack of resources the world’s best resources in time and money has been thrown at this not to mention the work previously done for the SAARS vaccine. It’s not a new family of virus’s either ...

Brighton

You see healthy scepticism, I see denialism from people who don't even know enough to formulate questions that make sense. "

Not sure if you were saying this but It isn’t only due to funding. That was my point.

Manchester (she/her)

Jesus life expectancy was 40. People had 12 kids in the hope that a few would survive, people died from simple infections and that’s just 150 years ago. History isn’t moonlight and roses it’s being kicked out of your village to die alone if you have an infectious disease."

I've lived with a condition for 22 years, that before Victorian times would have been fatal. I live a normal life apart from medication (precisely dosed and synthesised since the 1950s).

I've had life saving surgery twice

I've never had food make me really ill, I've relied on clean drinking water. I've escaped the serious diseases that used to kill a lot of children. Polio only became paralysing after hygiene improved.

I've been in car accidents that would have been fatal with earlier technology.

Thanks science!

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"

But!

What you are forgetting is that all of the others who were vaccinated have protected you by being vaccinated

Manchester (she/her)

You see healthy scepticism, I see denialism from people who don't even know enough to formulate questions that make sense.

Not sure if you were saying this but It isn’t only due to funding. That was my point."

No, but they've been very clear about how they've streamlined the process and their data is publicly available.

Plymouth

"

People were dying at the age of 40 ish for most of those times though. Middle age was old age in those days. With most of the worlds modern population living twice as long, some people even giving birth to children when a couple hundred years earlier they would have been lucky to still be alive, the world is straining to cope and we're ruining it with ever increasing growth.

There is nothing unprecedented about pandemics, we have no problem remembering the dead from wars that ended before the last pandemic occurred, we were just unprepared, all the advances we've made in medical science couldn't keep up with the advances we've made to transportation though... In 1917 it would have taken the vast majority of people a few months to get here from Wuhan, they're doing it in 15 hours now...

Most drugs are a compromise if the information leaflets are anything to go by. It's a numbers game, not to be looked at on a personal risk level as long as that risk is very small... If for example covid killed 1.5% of victims and a vaccine caused 0.0015% to die, then it would be a vast number of reduced deaths, some unfortunately will still not survive.

My current thought process is, if vaccinated people are going to become asymptomatic carriers, then when everyone who wants a vaccination has one, the country will open up, fully. Anyone unvaccinated will then have mix with a population that is say 90% vaccinated and carrying the virus... It would seem by that basic premise that to be unvaccinated will almost guarantee themselves a dose of covid.

By *audyandMichaelCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

You, like kids who can’t have vaccines for medical reasons, will have benefitted from the other kids around you being vaccinated.

There’s a massive difference between one or two kids not being vaccinated and the days before vaccinations existed and common diseases ran rife.

My Great-Granny had 14 kids. None vaccinated because they weren’t around. 9 died of measles. My mum had 4 kids. 1 couldn’t be vaccinated. He’s still alive, but he didn’t have to play roulette with measles etc because his pals, classmates, siblings and cousins were vaccinated."

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

When the coronavirus is over and a large proportion of the world has been vaccinated, people will start looking at the long term side effects, real or imagined. The mmr scaremongering will have nothing on the illnesses that will supposedly have been caused by the vaccine.

Basingstoke

"I don’t know about you but, even though I am not a scientist, I am pretty confident that majority of those guys are not smarter than me.

That'll be why they're in laboratories creating treatments which will save millions while you're proclaiming your intelligence on a swingers site forum. "

For some unknown reason some people here have the wrong assumption that all the people on this site must be the average Joe. What makes you think that highly intelligent people can not be swingers?

Brighton

Not sure if you were saying this but It isn’t only due to funding. That was my point.

No, but they've been very clear about how they've streamlined the process and their data is publicly available. "

Yes but that data also shows that some checks & balances have not been undertaken and there are, understandably, some areas where there is no data or research.

Again I say this is not a black or white, yes or no argument. There are shades of grey and people should be allowed to raise questions.

For every conspiracy theorist anti vax nutter there is an evangelical putting 100% trust in those in authority. I think both viewpoints are as stupid and dangerous as each other.

Edinburgh

"When the coronavirus is over and a large proportion of the world has been vaccinated, people will start looking at the long term side effects, real or imagined. The mmr scaremongering will have nothing on the illnesses that will supposedly have been caused by the vaccine."

And thus the baseless paranoia of an antivaxxer is exposed. Too many b movies, not enough rational thinking. Oh for a vaccine against dull wits.

Brighton

That'll be why they're in laboratories creating treatments which will save millions while you're proclaiming your intelligence on a swingers site forum.

For some unknown reason some people here have the wrong assumption that all the people on this site must be the average Joe. What makes you think that highly intelligent people can not be swingers?"

Well said - 2 degrees and a Masters b/w us!

Edinburgh

For some unknown reason some people here have the wrong assumption that all the people on this site must be the average Joe. What makes you think that highly intelligent people can not be swingers?"

I know there are some highly intelligent swingers... but you can usually tell them from the less intelligent ones from what they post

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

My parents ensured we received every vaccine available. I did the same for my children and usually get the yearly flu jab: didn't last year as I didn't go out. I'm pro vaccine but will not be rushing to get the covid jab even though I'm high risk.

Why? A year ago we'd not heard of covid 19, yet a vaccine has been produced and distributed in less time than it takes to pass dog food and the elderly and ethnic minorities are being pushed to the front to receive it:demographics usually seen as disposable. Tuskegee experiment springs to mind, so no thanks.

Can work from home and limit the people I come in contact with as I have been doing for the past eleven months. I will watch to see what the side effects are etc then reevaluate.

Well the amount of hate mail I refined this morning was sad if not predictable.

I’m immoral, and anal sex and rimming are discussing (sic) my views are misguided.

Actually they aren’t, they are founded on sound reason and good science.

Yes there are always contrarian scientists who such as Fred Seitz and Fred Singer, who claim smoking doesn’t cause cancer and burning fossil fuels isn’t causing climate change. These men were scientists and phds who held respected positions on society’s and boards. They were still idiots.

The weight of peer reviewed papers and scientific consensus allows me as an economist to judge that the maths says the safe bet here is vaccination.

Thanks to the childish cold pairing that sent the message about me being misguided and immoral and then pre blocking me when I was offline so I couldn’t reply. That’s playground level stuff.

Manchester (she/her)

"Well the amount of hate mail I refined this morning was sad if not predictable.

I’m immoral, and anal sex and rimming are discussing (sic) my views are misguided.

Actually they aren’t, they are founded on sound reason and good science.

Yes there are always contrarian scientists who such as Fred Seitz and Fred Singer, who claim smoking doesn’t cause cancer and burning fossil fuels isn’t causing climate change. These men were scientists and phds who held respected positions on society’s and boards. They were still idiots.

The weight of peer reviewed papers and scientific consensus allows me as an economist to judge that the maths says the safe bet here is vaccination.

Thanks to the childish cold pairing that sent the message about me being misguided and immoral and then pre blocking me when I was offline so I couldn’t reply. That’s playground level stuff."

Surprises me not at all, I'm afraid. Par for the course.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Personally I think there needs to be a clear distinction made between an "AntiVaxxer" and someone who chooses nit to be vaccinated. I have no issue with the latter as people are entitled to make their own choices and that choice impacts a small number of people.

Real AntiVaxxers are not just refusing to ve vaccinated, but actively discouraging others from being vaccinated too. There is a huge amount of false information circulating suggesting that vaccines are dangerous, filled with tracking chips, modifying our DNA, controlling our thoughts etc... this is truly dangerous. There has been some speculation that "big pharma" are actually funding Anti-Vax groups because vaccinations generate considerably less profit than long ongoing treatments of illnesses do.

Cal

By *eprechauninaWoman  over a year ago

G

[Removed by poster at 06/02/21 12:29:33]

By *eprechauninaWoman  over a year ago

G

"Personally I think there needs to be a clear distinction made between an "AntiVaxxer" and someone who chooses nit to be vaccinated. I have no issue with the latter as people are entitled to make their own choices and that choice impacts a small number of people.

"

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

Is he an anti vaxxer? "

No, he's a logical thinker.

There is literally mountains of long term data on the effects of vaccines for polio, Measles, mumps, rubella, the flu etc for one reason.

They've been around for decades.

The C19 vaccine hasn't been around long enough for long term data. That's the very definition of long term.

I think the "I'm not taking the C19 vaccine because there's no long term data" brigade are a bit dim if they can't work out why.

E

"As they say "You cabt cure stupidity"

It's a bit like smokers who think that that will never suffer from heart disease or COPD. Or heavy drinkers who think their liver won't be affected.

I will expect the usual "iknow some one who smoked 100 cigarettes a day and lived to be a 100 years old and my friend drinks 2 bottles of vodka a day and in his nineties.

Get real and listen to science, the Who has announced that because of vaccines Smallpox has been eradicated

"

40 years out of date with that one.

So what you're saying is people shouldn't smoke, shouldn't drink. Why not start on meat eating or something equally as weird because it's their lifestyle. Let's make everyone eat bread irrespective whether they have an intolerance. Your world doesn't exist. As it's a sex site why not suggest that nobody has sex because it could be harmful?

Brighton

Is he an anti vaxxer?

There is literally mountains of long term data on the effects of vaccines for polio, Measles, mumps, rubella, the flu etc for one reason.

The C19 vaccine hasn't been around long enough for long term data. That's the very definition of long term.

I think the "I'm not taking the C19 vaccine because there's no long term data" brigade are a bit dim if they can't work out why.

E"

Are they dim for saying there is no long term data (the assumption being they don’t understand the concept of elapsed time) or dim because they would rather wait until there is long term data?

However there are some who are hesitant in receiving the Covid vaccine and yet not an anti-vaccine. "

Perhaps you wouldn't be do offended if you had religious beliefs that prevented you taking the vaccine

So one of the most incompetent prime ministers in British history and one of the most incompetent prime ministers in Europe at the moment ( fact not supposition) tells me to take a jab. Some smart guys told him is good. Twice three weeks apart. The jab is not screened properly, so basically I am a guinea pig. Then he changes the prescription. He is not a scientist but he can ,even though the smart guys tell him is not okay. Now ,because he run out of first jabs he tells me he has a better prescription... two different jabs... they may work better. Now ,I am very healthy person, balanced diet, never ill in my life, flue barely touched me, no elderly people living with me. How crazy or how stupid I can be to take those jabs? "

You say fact not supposition. OK prove it

The South

Is he an anti vaxxer?

E

Are they dim for saying there is no long term data (the assumption being they don’t understand the concept of elapsed time) or dim because they would rather wait until there is long term data?"

I think my post answers your question pretty clearly to be honest.

Let me ask you a question. If someone is waiting for long term data, how long would you suggest is long enough?

E

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I'm not an anti-vaxxer nor am I a conspiracy theorist. However I am a bit uneasy about having a covid vaccine (not that I will be asked for quite some time).

This time last year we had barely heard of covid 19 now its ALL we hear about. Obviously it's an illness which has caused harm and damage and grief, yet for 95% of people catching it causes nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

Thanks to the marvels of modern science we have (what we are lead to believe is) an effective vaccine. Obviously for those most at risk the pros outweigh the risks. But for me I worry about the potential for negative side effects in the future (for example a decade hence). As someone in the least at risk category I question whether being vaccinated will carry more risk than potential reward. I wonder whether it would be in best interests for all if only the vulnerable were vaccinated and the surplus either distributed to less well off countries or saved to give the more vulnerable more frequent "top ups" (akin to an annual flu jab)?

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Well we still had clean water and good food (with a lot less pesticides in it) yet when people were vaccinated en mass against polio suddenly they stopped getting it. A fall of 99% in polio cases since the cheap effective vaccine rolled out across the world - and you think it’s down to vitamin pills? How many sub Saharan Africans nip to Holland & Barrett. Don’t think vitamin supplements played any part of driving polio out of Africa. "

That's one racist arrogant comment if i ever heard one. Seriously, do you even realise you are implying there is some sort of inferiority in black people's immune systems that requires western medical intervention...as if they had not survived for centuries with this saviour?

Seriously?

So science is your religion?

It doesn't give you the right to look down on anyone.

It's one thing to support vaccination programmes but you can't blindly throw everyone who doesn't take a vaccine under a bus....some people are prone to conditions which mean vaccination is not even an option for them but you don't even seem to acknowledge that

Seriously the intolerance of some people is no better than religious intolerance. Why can't people just be kinder and more accepting?

Is it because you believe your life and death is in the hands of science/ medicine?

Because that's just one big insecurity.

And im sad that you're so afraid that the only way you are able to deal with it is by condemning anyone who doesn't share your limited world view, without having the decency to explore why.

Yet another thread demanding people agree with them and people in power or be seen as irresponsible, dangerous, selfish nutjobs.

You're allowed your opinion and options just as much as other allowed their opinions and concerns.

The South

"I'm not an anti-vaxxer nor am I a conspiracy theorist. However I am a bit uneasy about having a covid vaccine (not that I will be asked for quite some time).

This time last year we had barely heard of covid 19 now its ALL we hear about. Obviously it's an illness which has caused harm and damage and grief, yet for 95% of people catching it causes nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

Thanks to the marvels of modern science we have (what we are lead to believe is) an effective vaccine. Obviously for those most at risk the pros outweigh the risks. But for me I worry about the potential for negative side effects in the future (for example a decade hence). As someone in the least at risk category I question whether being vaccinated will carry more risk than potential reward. I wonder whether it would be in best interests for all if only the vulnerable were vaccinated and the surplus either distributed to less well off countries or saved to give the more vulnerable more frequent "top ups" (akin to an annual flu jab)?"

Any idea how many people the 5% of people who do catch it is?

People throw low percentage numbers around like confetti, without grasping how many people that tiny weeny number actually represents.

E

I went to school with a blind, deaf girl who could also not talk......Her condition was caused by her mother catching German Measles whilst pregnant, due to not being vaccinated.

The kids next door to me caught Whooping Cough, I could hear them wretching Thier guts up in the night with horrendous coughing. Thier mother didn't get them vaccinated.

I know 2 wheel chair bound adults who cannot walk.. They caught polio as children....Their mother didn't get them vaccinated.

I just blew your anti Vax comments right out of the water."

I went to school with a boy on crutches and his parents had a vaccination that destroyed his life.

My ex's sister in laws daughter died from anaphylaxis due to an injection.

You didn't blow the anti vax comments out of the water. You just put your experience on the argument.

There are 1,000's of cases against drug companies and medical professionals whether injections or some other method. One word.. Thalidomide.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"When the coronavirus is over and a large proportion of the world has been vaccinated, people will start looking at the long term side effects, real or imagined. The mmr scaremongering will have nothing on the illnesses that will supposedly have been caused by the vaccine.

And thus the baseless paranoia of an antivaxxer is exposed. Too many b movies, not enough rational thinking. Oh for a vaccine against dull wits."

That was not a comment for or against vaccination or the covid vaccine in particular. Just a suggestion of the how people will look for the cause of any future ailments in the vaccine they were given. They will be endless future enquiries into whether there is a link between particular vaccines and illnesses.

It seems to have triggered a knee jerk reaction from you though.

London&Dublin

Perhaps you wouldn't be do offended if you had religious beliefs that prevented you taking the vaccine "

I believe that every religion has a council that will make decisions.

If those individuals' decision not to receive the vaccine is according to their religious council, then it is acceptable.

I am a practising muslim (I know, I might not be a good muslim/a sinner as I am in this site and crossdress, but practising muslim nonetheless) and we have our religious 'fatwa' council which already made a decision that receiving the vaccine is "harus" = acceptable.

In fact, none of the vaccines are considered "haram".

I am offended if for eg. a fellow muslim say they cannot receive the vaccine due to religion, when in fact it is not forbidden.

So the people who genuinely and I mean genuinely cannot have the vaccine INCLUDING the under 16's who aren't getting it, want people dead? Wow, that's some dots badly joined up there.

You're actually trying the next stage which is coercion and bullying

"Aka pro-diseasers

Rant over

Silly reasoning and too much nonsense to take seriously.

Do you work as an editor for the mail or Sun. Theres a lot of similar logic in the assumptions

"

Brighton

Is he an anti vaxxer?

E

Are they dim for saying there is no long term data (the assumption being they don’t understand the concept of elapsed time) or dim because they would rather wait until there is long term data?

I think my post answers your question pretty clearly to be honest.

Let me ask you a question. If someone is waiting for long term data, how long would you suggest is long enough?

E"

I genuinely do not know what should constitute “long term” in this context. For me this is all about balance of risk vs probability.

Someone above already said something similar but to paraphrase (with made up numbers)...

If the risk of developing serious health/life threatening condition from Covid is 0.2% but the risk of a serious health/life threatening side effect from the vaccine is 0.02% then having the vaccine is less risky.

But a counter argument is that those with no underlying health conditions who are fit have a 98% chance of not developing serious illness from Covid so should they still decide to put a new vaccine into their body or should they decide to wait for more research data?

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Perhaps you wouldn't be do offended if you had religious beliefs that prevented you taking the vaccine "

Still struggling with this and the people who are using arguments as some form of mitigation I'm afraid.

I sorry but I just can't accept the opinions and intentions of people looking at the ' grey ' areas in all this over and over.

You are acting like some sort of ' right on ' 60s hippies frankly.

Human rights, choice, not trusting big pharma and all the other excuses being put forward etc These aI see as ' delay' tactics to check everything is okay before we use the vaccine right?

This would be a fair enough comment if we actually have the luxury of time to do that. I suggest we don't have the time. The government agrees with me that's why everyone's getting vaccinated so quickly. No conspiracy theories about £ here thanks!

What is the alternative? a lot of you suggest we need to wait till it's safe'.How long for 2, 3, 10 years? I suggest more boffins and chemists have been involved in the ' safety ' aspect of this than pretty much anything else in our history. Countless hours of testing and re-testing. That's enough for me! and it should be for everyone else too! see if the vaccine is safe? or has no adverse reaction?

I'm afraid I see this continued reluctance as a sign you are happy for the lockdown to continue and allow more people to die whilst we test and re-test the vaccine ..

bare facts!

We haven't timed for this folks! I suggest when the time comes you all roll up your sleeves take the risk so we can all start to live properly again

When all said if this doesn't kill you something else will. Most of us take in so many other toxins into the body nicotine, alcohol, drugs, medical and recreational, food additives aspartame etc it is kind of hypocritical not to actually allow someone to give us some form of medicine to save lives and put the world back on its axis again now isn't it?

Let's just get this done and move on before we all die of the sheer boredom of waiting for things to be 100 per cent perfect ..

Edinburgh

"When the coronavirus is over and a large proportion of the world has been vaccinated, people will start looking at the long term side effects, real or imagined. The mmr scaremongering will have nothing on the illnesses that will supposedly have been caused by the vaccine.

And thus the baseless paranoia of an antivaxxer is exposed. Too many b movies, not enough rational thinking. Oh for a vaccine against dull wits.

That was not a comment for or against vaccination or the covid vaccine in particular. Just a suggestion of the how people will look for the cause of any future ailments in the vaccine they were given. They will be endless future enquiries into whether there is a link between particular vaccines and illnesses.

It seems to have triggered a knee jerk reaction from you though."

It was a comment with very little to say other than to mention current "scaremongering" then point at some vague, potentially bleak future in which the vaccine will be blamed for the new ills of humankind... delving into your crystal ball to pick out a whiff of dystopia to come. Yawn.

Coventry

Remind us all how great the swine fever vaccine was in 2009 ? As I recall it was a rushed vaccine that wasn't tested properly over enough time, and even now there are ongoing law suits due to side effects.

You might also want to explain why someone needs a vaccine if their immune system is perfectly capable without needing a new dna blueprint injected into them.

Science is undoubtedly a great addition in certain places, but relying on it for solutions to everything is a slippery road. If scientists were totally infallible then religion would be gone for a start.

"

The reason there are legal cases ongoing with the Pandermix isn’t because it wasn’t tested properly, it’s because it was known there was issues with it and it was still used. Totally different issue.

Coventry

So the people who genuinely and I mean genuinely cannot have the vaccine INCLUDING the under 16's who aren't getting it, want people dead? Wow, that's some dots badly joined up there.

You're actually trying the next stage which is coercion and bullying "

There’s a huge difference between “not taking” and “can’t have”

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

I'm not an anti vaxxer (does it really need two 'x's?) but left to me I would probable not have bothered to take the vaccine in the same way as I've never bothered with the 'flu jab.

The advantages to me of taking it are that

1. It may well be effective.

2. My smug friends who've had it already won't keep nagging me to have it.

3. If I die as a result of having the jab instead of as a result of not looking after my health generally, it will give me someone else to blame rather than myself!

I'm booked for two day's time. Mainly because I found somewhere which appears to be incredible easy to visit. Also I'm nosey to see what else is open in the Bluewater shopping centre.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"I'm not an anti-vaxxer nor am I a conspiracy theorist. However I am a bit uneasy about having a covid vaccine (not that I will be asked for quite some time).

Thanks to the marvels of modern science we have (what we are lead to believe is) an effective vaccine. Obviously for those most at risk the pros outweigh the risks. But for me I worry about the potential for negative side effects in the future (for example a decade hence). As someone in the least at risk category I question whether being vaccinated will carry more risk than potential reward. I wonder whether it would be in best interests for all if only the vulnerable were vaccinated and the surplus either distributed to less well off countries or saved to give the more vulnerable more frequent "top ups" (akin to an annual flu jab)?

Any idea how many people the 5% of people who do catch it is?

People throw low percentage numbers around like confetti, without grasping how many people that tiny weeny number actually represents.

E"

That would be pprox 3.5 million people (in this country). Who would undoubtedly be in a position where the potential advantages of vaccination would vastly outweigh the potential negatives.

The South

And thus the baseless paranoia of an antivaxxer is exposed. Too many b movies, not enough rational thinking. Oh for a vaccine against dull wits."

To put the vaccine argument in two camps.

On one side you have, hundreds of scientists and researchers along with 10’s of thousands of volunteers testing the vaccine.

Backing up decades of research in mRNA vaccines. Together with the vast sums of money pumped in to this research by multiple governments around the world.

When normally scientists are spending a lot of time scrabbling around for funding for research.

Don’t forget there are now multiple vaccines now becoming available.

Pfizer, Moderna, Oxford Astra Zenica, Russian developed one - Sputnik, Chinese one, Johnson & Johnson, plus some others.

All who undergo full independent examination of their effectiveness by the relevant countries regulatory bodies.

In the UK all the approval and the research papers are published in the public domain for all to read.

But on the other hand you have someone who has watched "I am Legend" and says this is how the zombie apocalypse starts.

E

That'll be why they're in laboratories creating treatments which will save millions while you're proclaiming your intelligence on a swingers site forum. "

I wonder how well this comment will age? I suspect that the benefit to risk ratio, regarding "smart people creating treatments in labs" is going be a very hot topic at some point this year.

Edinburgh

I wonder how well this comment will age? I suspect that the benefit to risk ratio, regarding "smart people creating treatments in labs" is going be a very hot topic at some point this year. "

Sure, let's review in context of changes to excess mortality levels over the coming months. I look forward to it

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

It seems to have triggered a knee jerk reaction from you though."

On the point about baseless paranoia and not enough rational thinking..

How do you exactly define that?

Im a trained scientist with experience in developing cancer vaccines as well as lung cancer treatment.

Personally i can't help being curious about so many aspects of covid pathogenesis and proposed treatments or vaccination strategies. It's like I can't help being philosophical about it all.... it's this kind of thinking that drove me to do a PhD in the first place. So I'll start reading up on non- mainstream topics

E.g. what does S protein do exactly? If we're introducing this protein into our bodies via vaccination... what will that protein do aside from trigger the intended immune response.... because it's a protein, does it impact cell signaling processes? So i look at the published literature and find studies on spike protein mediated cell signaling. And im not surprised. It's a protein. It has a job to do or else it wouldn't exist. But is it a sensible strategy to start introducing this protein into our bodies so it can mediate those signaling processes? Well that's where the consequences of S protein mediated signaling pathways might be concerning.

Yet the annoying thing is some would label me an anti vaxxer just for being inquisitive and questioning anything or highlighting gaps in the knowledge base.

So should we stop? Thinking that it is. Trying to research and connect past and current research on covid and vaccine developments? Should we just roll over and outsource all of our thinking and accept that it's all being done for us?

Or do people need to accept that there are lines of thinking which drive scientists to go into the labs each day and do more research? And accept that if we do want to know more, we need to be tolerant of people asking questions or sharing views outwith the readers digest obtained via mainstream media?

Basingstoke

Do people realise that the efficiency of those vaccines hasn’t been tested in normal life, just under lockdown or social distancing conditions? Also , slowly but surely, with so many cases reported daily and many more asimptomatic people not having a clue if they had it maybe we are somehow approaching a level of herd immunisation?

Edinburgh

It seems to have triggered a knee jerk reaction from you though.

On the point about baseless paranoia and not enough rational thinking..

How do you exactly define that?

Im a trained scientist with experience in developing cancer vaccines as well as lung cancer treatment.

Personally i can't help being curious about so many aspects of covid pathogenesis and proposed treatments or vaccination strategies. It's like I can't help being philosophical about it all.... it's this kind of thinking that drove me to do a PhD in the first place. So I'll start reading up on non- mainstream topics

E.g. what does S protein do exactly? If we're introducing this protein into our bodies via vaccination... what will that protein do aside from trigger the intended immune response.... because it's a protein, does it impact cell signaling processes? So i look at the published literature and find studies on spike protein mediated cell signaling. And im not surprised. It's a protein. It has a job to do or else it wouldn't exist. But is it a sensible strategy to start introducing this protein into our bodies so it can mediate those signaling processes? Well that's where the consequences of S protein mediated signaling pathways might be concerning.

Yet the annoying thing is some would label me an anti vaxxer just for being inquisitive and questioning anything or highlighting gaps in the knowledge base.

So should we stop? Thinking that it is. Trying to research and connect past and current research on covid and vaccine developments? Should we just roll over and outsource all of our thinking and accept that it's all being done for us?

Or do people need to accept that there are lines of thinking which drive scientists to go into the labs each day and do more research? And accept that if we do want to know more, we need to be tolerant of people asking questions or sharing views outwith the readers digest obtained via mainstream media?

"

Erm... I would attribute baseless paranoia, and a lack of rational thinking, to a comment which displayed both those features.

Your comment and analysis didn't so...

And by and large, farming out the majority of our thinking is what we all do... or have you developed your own combustion engine to power a car to drive around in? Have you researched microchip technology so you can use a phone? I'm guessing not.

Our society functions thanks to our reliance on the expertise of other people. So who do you choose to believe if you don't have a PhD in the subject? You find credible sources and form a view... or you buy into a lot of bullshit and come up with nonsense like so many posters on here. I have very little tolerance for the latter.

Perhaps you wouldn't be do offended if you had religious beliefs that prevented you taking the vaccine

Still struggling with this and the people who are using arguments as some form of mitigation I'm afraid.

I sorry but I just can't accept the opinions and intentions of people looking at the ' grey ' areas in all this over and over.

You are acting like some sort of ' right on ' 60s hippies frankly.

Human rights, choice, not trusting big pharma and all the other excuses being put forward etc These aI see as ' delay' tactics to check everything is okay before we use the vaccine right?

This would be a fair enough comment if we actually have the luxury of time to do that. I suggest we don't have the time. The government agrees with me that's why everyone's getting vaccinated so quickly. No conspiracy theories about £ here thanks!

What is the alternative? a lot of you suggest we need to wait till it's safe'.How long for 2, 3, 10 years? I suggest more boffins and chemists have been involved in the ' safety ' aspect of this than pretty much anything else in our history. Countless hours of testing and re-testing. That's enough for me! and it should be for everyone else too! see if the vaccine is safe? or has no adverse reaction?

I'm afraid I see this continued reluctance as a sign you are happy for the lockdown to continue and allow more people to die whilst we test and re-test the vaccine ..

bare facts!

We haven't timed for this folks! I suggest when the time comes you all roll up your sleeves take the risk so we can all start to live properly again

When all said if this doesn't kill you something else will. Most of us take in so many other toxins into the body nicotine, alcohol, drugs, medical and recreational, food additives aspartame etc it is kind of hypocritical not to actually allow someone to give us some form of medicine to save lives and put the world back on its axis again now isn't it?

Let's just get this done and move on before we all die of the sheer boredom of waiting for things to be 100 per cent perfect ..

"

Well I'm heartened to see that the Government agrees with you.. Was that on a recent cabinet meeting or by personal zoom calls to all of the Government?

You are not in any position to critise me. I only said about religious beliefs. That's their choice. As regards to human rights etc, that's more the last 30/40 years. Perhaps you think your spouting the great war which incidentally was 1914/1918.

Just exactly where did I say anything about £ conspiracy?

Perhaps being sober when replying to a thread would benefit your cause

There are many, many people who cannot have the vaccine and there's plenty of people who won't accept hours and hours of testing as it's usually decades it takes to develop.

Btw, in case you're in any way concerned, I have had my injection. I'll say that again in case you missed it and think I said something else. I HAVE HAD MY INJECTION.

You can see what you want to but you certainly didn't see what I'd said but just decided to rant on your own opinion. Ah, sorry, the Government agrees with your opinion, I forgot.

You're just trying coercion and bullying.

People are allowed to have their own beliefs and choices.

In case you forgot

I HAVE HAD MY INJECTION

People can decide what good, alcohol, toxins or drugs into their own body and that is their right. It is NOT your right to attempt to force people to have an injection of vaccine they don't want.

Wake up. This is a free society, well not if you have your way obviously.

I don't want this lockdown to go on one second longer than it has to but people have rights and they must be respected whether it's their disability, religion, gender or colour.

I HAVE HAD MY INJECTION.

Just in case you have to ask