FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Rufus Hound out in public

Rufus Hound out in public

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

I don’t follow the show or anything sorry if this has been posted already

Rufus Hound was waiting for a test result and went out in public with his family anyway:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9229813/Pictured-Dancing-Ices-Rufus-Hound-strolls-park-waiting-POSITIVE-Covid-test-result.html

I dunno, I was ill with a very high temperature recently, turned out not to be Covid, but it never occurred to me to go outside while I was waiting for the test result. Or is it not a big deal?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Seems like a bit of an irresponsible thing to do.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If you are ill enough to suspect and be tested for it, you should isolate. There's no room for uncertainty on this.

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I don’t follow the show or anything sorry if this has been posted already

Rufus Hound was waiting for a test result and went out in public with his family anyway:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9229813/Pictured-Dancing-Ices-Rufus-Hound-strolls-park-waiting-POSITIVE-Covid-test-result.html

I dunno, I was ill with a very high temperature recently, turned out not to be Covid, but it never occurred to me to go outside while I was waiting for the test result. Or is it not a big deal?"

You might actually have been positive. My BF had 2 tests come back negative, we were sure he had Covid because of the symptoms, and sure enough a few weeks later he had an antibody test with a very high antibody count indicating he'd had Covid recently. The test to see if you have Covid is unreliable, especially when people have to do the swabbing themselves as they just can't bring themselves to stick that swab half way up to their brain for some reason!

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

No idea who rufus hound is, but if report is true he is an utterly irresponsible arsehole. If he is a

television personality in a position to influence the behaviour of others he should be censured, and required to take part in some sort of public safety broadcasting. Something like "hi, I'm rufus, and I'm an arsehole who put people in danger by my thoughtless behaviour. Don't be a rufus, don't be an arsehole." And if he won't, his contract should be terminated.

westerham

"I don’t follow the show or anything sorry if this has been posted already

I dunno, I was ill with a very high temperature recently, turned out not to be Covid, but it never occurred to me to go outside while I was waiting for the test result. Or is it not a big deal?

You might actually have been positive. My BF had 2 tests come back negative, we were sure he had Covid because of the symptoms, and sure enough a few weeks later he had an antibody test with a very high antibody count indicating he'd had Covid recently. The test to see if you have Covid is unreliable, especially when people have to do the swabbing themselves as they just can't bring themselves to stick that swab half way up to their brain for some reason!"

I was definitely worried although my only symptom was a really high temperature. I ended up having two tests and doing the maximum rummaging around in the back of my throat that I could manage. There’s a suggestion that tests done by nurses are more reliable because they can accurately poke around the back of the throat without making people vomit.

But as I say, I never went out at all until I was confident I was negative. I don’t think he should have been outside while he was apparently waiting on a test result.... and it turned out the positive.

By *irtydevil666Man  over a year ago

bristol

What a twat he is......

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If you are ill enough to suspect and be tested for it, you should isolate. There's no room for uncertainty on this. "

I'm not in the least bit surprised though. Nothing will happen to him.

There are people at work who openly say they won't isolate if track and trace contact them as being at risk, unless they have symptoms.

I am avoiding them literally like the plague.

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

When I was tested pre Christmas the info clearly states you are isolating until your result comes back, then of positive that’s when you count your isolation days from, it is clear & unambiguous.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"When I was tested pre Christmas the info clearly states you are isolating until your result comes back, then of positive that’s when you count your isolation days from, it is clear & unambiguous."

It's been clear since we used a drive thru test centre in June. That's what the leaflet said that we were told to keep.

I didn't know he's been out and about but I read he tested positive for Covid and been put off Dancing On Ice. Seems a very selfish and irresponsible thing to do x

If your rich famous or a dull celebrity you can do whatever you want that’s the way it is

Rufus Hound , whoever that is, had to google...Toad from wind in the willows apparently and also Manchester bombing conspiracy theorist. seems like the role of toad was made for him

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

I work for a big supermarket chain. I had to take a test, which thankfully was negative, but was told I had to be in work unless/until test came back positive.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

" a few weeks later he had an antibody test with a very high antibody count indicating he'd had Covid recently. "

How do I get an anti body test ?

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

" a few weeks later he had an antibody test with a very high antibody count indicating he'd had Covid recently.

How do I get an anti body test ? "

put a pic on here and see how many likes it gets

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

" a few weeks later he had an antibody test with a very high antibody count indicating he'd had Covid recently.

How do I get an anti body test ? "

Gov.uk website

Leeds

"

Gov.uk website"

Thank you

Leeds

It says "this test is not widely available yet". Nothing else !

I,be tried a couple of times to get an antibody test. But when I looked they were only available to Carers and healthcare workers x

Leeds

Thanks for the information

"I work for a big supermarket chain. I had to take a test, which thankfully was negative, but was told I had to be in work unless/until test came back positive. "

I know someone who was told the same. They work for Morrisons.

A bit like Rita Ora who throws a birthday party but is happily appearing on our screens ironically in the Masked singer.

By *tudiousPipWoman  over a year ago

W Yorks

Rufus Hound had a swab test cos he was told by test n trace that he'd potentially been in contact with someone who later tested positive. He's asymptomatic, but tested positive. He's isolating.

Interestingly, days before the recent articles, he posted on his Twitter feed that he'd been contacted by a tabloid threatening to muck rake if he didn't give them an interview about his Covid story. This was before he tested positive. I guess they wanted him to throw the contact under the bus and do the hand wringing 'missed opportunity' thing over missing a week on Dancing on Ice. He refused.

The positive test and subsequent removal from DoI (miss 2 weeks and you're out) was a godsend to them. They are bottom feeders.

Leeds

He falsely claimed on Twitter that Theresa May let the Manchester Arena bombing go ahead because it would be good for the Tories in the run up to the election.

westerham

"Rufus Hound had a swab test cos he was told by test n trace that he'd potentially been in contact with someone who later tested positive. He's asymptomatic, but tested positive. He's isolating.

Interestingly, days before the recent articles, he posted on his Twitter feed that he'd been contacted by a tabloid threatening to muck rake if he didn't give them an interview about his Covid story. This was before he tested positive. I guess they wanted him to throw the contact under the bus and do the hand wringing 'missed opportunity' thing over missing a week on Dancing on Ice. He refused.

The positive test and subsequent removal from DoI (miss 2 weeks and you're out) was a godsend to them. They are bottom feeders. "

Most of the mass media has been absolutely awful throughout this crisis, I've posted on other threads about it.

But as far as I can see no one forced Rufus Hound to go out in public while awaiting a test result.

Leeds

And how would the papers know he was going to test positive ?

westerham

"And how would the papers know he was going to test positive ? "

Fair chance there's a lot more going on here that's not been said, celebrity world seems a bit lax behaviour wise compared to us plebs.

"Rufus Hound had a swab test cos he was told by test n trace that he'd potentially been in contact with someone who later tested positive. He's asymptomatic, but tested positive. He's isolating.

The positive test and subsequent removal from DoI (miss 2 weeks and you're out) was a godsend to them. They are bottom feeders.

Most of the mass media has been absolutely awful throughout this crisis, I've posted on other threads about it.

But as far as I can see no one forced Rufus Hound to go out in public while awaiting a test result. "

» Add a new message to this topic