FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccine nationalism

Vaccine nationalism

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Reports that some patients refusing the vaccine until the British one is out.. is this a surge in nationalism or a surge in patriotism or something else ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

"Reports that some patients refusing the vaccine until the British one is out.. is this a surge in nationalism or a surge in patriotism or something else ?"

It’s literally 6 people and a dog Tom, I shouldn’t let it stew your swede

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some will will have a preference to the one they want to have.

Its not many I dont think.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Some are more comfortable having the Oxford than the Pfizer as its older vaccine technology or because of the issue with sone allergic reactions in the beginning so I guess it depends on their reasons. Also not sure what you mean about until its out as the Oxford one is already in use.

By *ightkitty4uWoman  over a year ago

Epsom

I had the pifzer one, tbh I couldn’t tell the difference... they all taste the same

Seriously though as long as it works does it matter which one we have/get?

"I had the pifzer one, tbh I couldn’t tell the difference... they all taste the same

Seriously though as long as it works does it matter which one we have/get? "

My understanding as it only matters if you have certain allergies because the Oxford one does seem to be more suitable than the Pfizer one.

"Some are more comfortable having the Oxford than the Pfizer as its older vaccine technology or because of the issue with sone allergic reactions in the beginning so I guess it depends on their reasons. Also not sure what you mean about until its out as the Oxford one is already in use. "

Yes I was wondering that and has been in use widely in the UK for a few weeks now.

Chelmsford

It's like when some people buy a pair of trainers..

It's all in the name..

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

It’s already in use and all those I know have had the Oxford one as their first dose.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Reports that some patients refusing the vaccine until the British one is out.. is this a surge in nationalism or a surge in patriotism or something else ?"

A British one, how do you decide if it's British.

Maybe a surge in Toolery ?

Ever heard of Brexit?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Give me Pfizer or Moderna please.

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

"Give me Pfizer or Moderna please. "

Same, after my research and chose Pfizer everyone will have their reasons, hopefully it’s not just because it’s British!

(Different work sites had different vaccines)

"It's like when some people buy a pair of trainers..

It's all in the name.."

Not at all. That's like saying flip flops are the same as Wellingtons

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Didnt think you could actually choose . I know people I booked in asked which it was and to br fair it depended on how they were booked in.. national booking system was all the oxford one.. the other clinics were a mix of vaccines..

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"It's like when some people buy a pair of trainers..

It's all in the name.."

Do you sport a snazzy pair of dunlop thomas?

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

There may some absolute Darwin award recipients out there making a decision based on nationalism but a lot of people are saying they would prefer the AZ vaccine because:

1. It is using tried and tested bio tech (unlike others)

2. For the time being AZ are providing it at cost (so not making HUGE profits unlike others)

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Unfortunately your preference won't matter. It depends which vaccine they have in the clinic when your appointment comes up. The Oxford one is given to those who have had serious allergic reactions to vaccines previously as a precaution. Some seem to suffer worse side effects from the Oxford vaccine.

Chelmsford

"Unfortunately your preference won't matter. It depends which vaccine they have in the clinic when your appointment comes up. The Oxford one is given to those who have had serious allergic reactions to vaccines previously as a precaution. Some seem to suffer worse side effects from the Oxford vaccine. "

Some may arrive.. ask which one is available .. and then make their decision..

nottingham

"Unfortunately your preference won't matter. It depends which vaccine they have in the clinic when your appointment comes up. The Oxford one is given to those who have had serious allergic reactions to vaccines previously as a precaution. Some seem to suffer worse side effects from the Oxford vaccine.

Some may arrive.. ask which one is available .. and then make their decision.."

Put them to the bottom of the queue then. I've vaccinated 100s with both vaccines and all I've received is gratitude. People are happy to be vaccinated whichever one it is

Chelmsford

"Unfortunately your preference won't matter. It depends which vaccine they have in the clinic when your appointment comes up. The Oxford one is given to those who have had serious allergic reactions to vaccines previously as a precaution. Some seem to suffer worse side effects from the Oxford vaccine.

Some may arrive.. ask which one is available .. and then make their decision..

Put them to the bottom of the queue then. I've vaccinated 100s with both vaccines and all I've received is gratitude. People are happy to be vaccinated whichever one it is"

I agree... Power to you x

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Not been done yet, but in my area they seem to have both Pfizer and AZ available, and select according to whether patients have previously had any reaction to vaccines.

Personally i think i would rather have the one with the strawberry sprinkles. Or maybe the chocolate flavour? Oh, it's just so hard to decide

nottingham

"Not been done yet, but in my area they seem to have both Pfizer and AZ available, and select according to whether patients have previously had any reaction to vaccines.

Personally i think i would rather have the one with the strawberry sprinkles. Or maybe the chocolate flavour? Oh, it's just so hard to decide "

You definitely look like a strawberry sprinkles kinda gal xx

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

torremolinos

"Reports that some patients refusing the vaccine until the British one is out.. is this a surge in nationalism or a surge in patriotism or something else ?

It’s literally 6 people and a dog Tom, I shouldn’t let it stew your swede "

Is there a number published anywhere of how many people have actually refused to take the vaccine ?

nottingham

"Reports that some patients refusing the vaccine until the British one is out.. is this a surge in nationalism or a surge in patriotism or something else ?

Is there a number published anywhere of how many people have actually refused to take the vaccine ? "

I suspect refusals are those that choose not to make appointments. I think those currently eligible are likely to refuse as so many have been shielding. Maybe those numbers may rise as the age range lowers.

I'm not British, but what is wrong with patriotism or even nationalism?

Is there a number published anywhere of how many people have actually refused to take the vaccine ? "

I Don't think so.

There seems to be some articles that give anecdotal evidence from some vaccination centres but I did look and couldn't see any official figure.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

Being pedantic, there isnt a British vaccine, per say. AZ is an anglo-swedish company!

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

I think its pretty understandable.

The Pfizer vaccine is mRNA technology and this type of vaccine has never before been licensed for use.

The technology used in the Oxford vaccine has already been used to creat flu vaccines among other things.

There is simply no long-term data for the widespread use of mRNA vaccines.

If i had to pick on of the current available it would be the Oxford one for sure.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Is there a number published anywhere of how many people have actually refused to take the vaccine ?

I Don't think so.

There seems to be some articles that give anecdotal evidence from some vaccination centres but I did look and couldn't see any official figure. "

It would be hard to distinguish refusals from people who were ill on the day and couldn't have it, or like Captain Tom having other medication instead.

"I'm not British, but what is wrong with patriotism or even nationalism?"

nothing per se

it just seems like a petty thing to delay getting a vaccine for ... if anything its more patriotic to get the jab and help your country get back to normal than to delay waiting for a british version

totally get the people who choose between them for scientific reasons though

By *arrowman1000Man  over a year ago

harrow

All this posting is not helping some, who are already anxious...no point in posting....not important in grand scheme of things...

Leeds

"All this posting is not helping some, who are already anxious...no point in posting....not important in grand scheme of things..."

I find it interesting to see what different people's reactions to different vaccines is. It will help me be prepared when I get mine

Chelmsford

Bit strange that Trump called it the China strain and got slaughtered but it's in common language to call it the South Africa strain and the Kent strain and the Brazil strain..

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Bit strange that Trump called it the China strain and got slaughtered but it's in common language to call it the South Africa strain and the Kent strain and the Brazil strain.."

Trump was not just describing a particular strain. He repeatedly called Coronavirus as a whole a Chinese virus.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I certainly try to call them by the numbers.

B117 is a lot less problematic than lumping a region or group of people in with a problem.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"Bit strange that Trump called it the China strain and got slaughtered but it's in common language to call it the South Africa strain and the Kent strain and the Brazil strain..

Trump was not just describing a particular strain. He repeatedly called Coronavirus as a whole a Chinese virus."

It was also the way he pronounced china.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

"There may some absolute Darwin award recipients out there making a decision based on nationalism but a lot of people are saying they would prefer the AZ vaccine because:

1. It is using tried and tested bio tech (unlike others)

2. For the time being AZ are providing it at cost (so not making HUGE profits unlike others)"

This

The wider issue will I think come down to countries not recognising certain vaccines. The US for instance insisting on a US made vaccine rather that the Oxford one. We will inevitably have vaccine certification for travel and this will become a big talking point I think.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

" We will inevitably have vaccine certification for travel and this will become a big talking point I think."

One of 2 reasons why I agree to accept the vaccine.

Leeds

"The wider issue will I think come down to countries not recognising certain vaccines. The US for instance insisting on a US made vaccine rather that the Oxford one. We will inevitably have vaccine certification for travel and this will become a big talking point I think."

So how would I get a US made vaccine to be able to travel there ?

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Wasting the clinical time and, volenteers time.

Leeds

It is a totally unworkable idea. Frequent flyers would need multiple vaccines each year, all manufactured in various countries.

Chelmsford

"I certainly try to call them by the numbers.

B117 is a lot less problematic than lumping a region or group of people in with a problem."

And of course everyone will know exactly what you mean..

"I'm not British, but what is wrong with patriotism or even nationalism?"

Absolutely

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Bit strange that Trump called it the China strain and got slaughtered but it's in common language to call it the South Africa strain and the Kent strain and the Brazil strain..

Trump was not just describing a particular strain. He repeatedly called Coronavirus as a whole a Chinese virus.

It was also the way he pronounced china."

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

No it is a sign of stupidity

Refusing on that basis, it should just be treated as a Vax refusal. End of the queue

Chelmsford

Could they donate to someone else ?

No it is a sign of stupidity

Refusing on that basis, it should just be treated as a Vax refusal. End of the queue"

» Add a new message to this topic