FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Holidays

Holidays

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iker boy 69 OP   Man  over a year ago

midlands

I had my dream holiday cancelled last year and was gutted, but thought things would be ok by now, so decided to rebook for this year. Now im praying for the phone call to say its off again, as i really dont want to go, and either be stuck in my room, complex or isolate when i come back. Why cant they just say from next week, all travel is off till further notice, rather thsn dangling carrots with certain dates thrown in here and there

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Can you not cancel and reclaim back on insurance considering, I’m assuming, it was rebooked before all of this ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why when your last one was cancelled did you go and book it again?

No one knows when this will be over so they can’t put a date on when COVID will be over ,life will get better but in time and only when people follow the rules so this will go away

midlands

"Why when your last one was cancelled did you go and book it again?"

As my post said, my original one was for last april, and i thought itd be under control by now, so when it was available to rebook, i did

We did the same thing because we we rebooked it in May last year for June this year and genuinely thought that that would be OK.

Also if we asked for our money back we probably would be still waiting because friends of ours are and we got a free upgrade because we rebooked rather than asked for money back. Lots of companies were offering incentives to rebook rather than cancel.

"Why when your last one was cancelled did you go and book it again?

As my post said, my original one was for last april, and i thought itd be under control by now, so when it was available to rebook, i did"

I booked mine in january for may last year...the day after news was breaking out from china about it. I knew by mid February that it was unlikely to happen.

I didn't get a refund until August as I wanted the cash and not a voucher for this year.

So there was no way I'd tie money up until it's safe to do so.

As my post said, my original one was for last april, and i thought itd be under control by now, so when it was available to rebook, i did

I booked mine in january for may last year...the day after news was breaking out from china about it. I knew by mid February that it was unlikely to happen.

I didn't get a refund until August as I wanted the cash and not a voucher for this year.

So there was no way I'd tie money up until it's safe to do so."

Yes but the problem was we were booked for June and when we tried to contact the company in March we were told that they were only dealing at the moment with holidays booked up till April and not to contact them until may by which point there was a back log so they were offering quite big incentives to rebook.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Yes but the problem was we were booked for June and when we tried to contact the company in March we were told that they were only dealing at the moment with holidays booked up till April and not to contact them until may by which point there was a back log so they were offering quite big incentives to rebook."

Some didn’t offer refunds at all, however the option to rebook for a new date over the next year. I rebooked and ensured I got it in writing that if it moves again, very likely, I will be able to move it for another year.

Yes but the problem was we were booked for June and when we tried to contact the company in March we were told that they were only dealing at the moment with holidays booked up till April and not to contact them until may by which point there was a back log so they were offering quite big incentives to rebook.

Some didn’t offer refunds at all, however the option to rebook for a new date over the next year. I rebooked and ensured I got it in writing that if it moves again, very likely, I will be able to move it for another year. "

We were told we could have a we found but they were taking up to a year to process so it was made quite clear to us if we didn't Reebok we wouldn't see the money for quite some time.

We don't know yet whether we can go ahead for June and we will wait and see but the hotel Re bookable But the flights we are not too sure about but they were quite cheap so we are not too worried.

Some didn’t offer refunds at all, however the option to rebook for a new date over the next year. I rebooked and ensured I got it in writing that if it moves again, very likely, I will be able to move it for another year.

We were told we could have a we found but they were taking up to a year to process so it was made quite clear to us if we didn't Reebok we wouldn't see the money for quite some time.

We don't know yet whether we can go ahead for June and we will wait and see but the hotel Re bookable But the flights we are not too sure about but they were quite cheap so we are not too worried."

Refund

loads of people moved their dates out a year expecting things would be back to normal by now

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Yes but the problem was we were booked for June and when we tried to contact the company in March we were told that they were only dealing at the moment with holidays booked up till April and not to contact them until may by which point there was a back log so they were offering quite big incentives to rebook."

I wouldn’t pre book and pay anything in this climate , what if they go bust like STA travel? Just buy a flight a couple of days before , reserve direct and then pay for hotels when you check in. If they have your money and refuse to refund it all you can ask your credit card company to start a section 75 claim

It was the same for me..when I said in Feb that I thought it was unlikely to happen. I had to wait until late april for the flights to get cancelled.

I had booked the hotels to travel around and eventually got my money back on them...apart from 2 nights in one of the hotels.

So as it was all planned by myself...vouchers would not do it,so I held out for the cash. Oh I've got until may to use them 2 nights up...but it's not going to happen methinks.

loads of people moved their dates out a year expecting things would be back to normal by now "

I wasnt one of them

It was the same for me..when I said in Feb that I thought it was unlikely to happen. I had to wait until late april for the flights to get cancelled.

I had booked the hotels to travel around and eventually got my money back on them...apart from 2 nights in one of the hotels.

So as it was all planned by myself...vouchers would not do it,so I held out for the cash. Oh I've got until may to use them 2 nights up...but it's not going to happen methinks."

Yes we don't have a package but the hotel we can cancel up to one month before and Reebok we may lose flight money but when not too fast about that. Like I said we will wait and see what the situation is and restrictions and also if we have to pay for tests because that would be more expensive than the flights.

So as it was all planned by myself...vouchers would not do it,so I held out for the cash. Oh I've got until may to use them 2 nights up...but it's not going to happen methinks.

Yes we don't have a package but the hotel we can cancel up to one month before and Reebok we may lose flight money but when not too fast about that. Like I said we will wait and see what the situation is and restrictions and also if we have to pay for tests because that would be more expensive than the flights."

I hope it comes off for you

I'm just going to do skyscanner for 2 weeks before the next one whenever it feels right

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The deal is that travel is not permitted, except for the tiny amount of exceptions. We assume that we will have more free travel this year but shouldn't take it as a given, unfortunately.

Even if we can go, there may be few who want us or the conditions are prohibitive for us.

I'd wait and assume that we can't, meaning people should get full refunds, whereas insurance may have excesses to pay.

The government haven't been great and any guidance I'd not rely on as their track record is so abysmal

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

We don't know yet whether we can go ahead for June and we will wait and see but the hotel Re bookable But the flights we are not too sure about but they were quite cheap so we are not too worried."

Some blatant product placement there in that first paragraph

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

We where booked with TUI and when they cancelled we got all money back not rebooting anything but looking out for October 2022

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

OP where were you going on your dream holiday ?

We did the same thing because we we rebooked it in May last year for June this year and genuinely thought that that would be OK.

Also if we asked for our money back we probably would be still waiting because friends of ours are and we got a free upgrade because we rebooked rather than asked for money back. Lots of companies were offering incentives to rebook rather than cancel. "

Same for us we have rebooked twice now and will again in June if we can't go.

It all paid for.

Do we see it as there is a holiday there waiting for us for when we can go.

Its something to look forward too as we both are working all the way through this.

midlands

"OP where were you going on your dream holiday ?"

Mexico

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"OP where were you going on your dream holiday ?

Mexico"

Hopefully you will get there one day soon

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

we booked 1 for fuertaventura nov last year with jet2 got money back with in 2 weeks not booking till we think its safe

"OP where were you going on your dream holiday ?

Mexico"

You'll be ok there. Just drinks lots of Tequila. Apparently Vodka works in Belarus.

» Add a new message to this topic