FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lockdown weight gains

Lockdown weight gains

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So here goes, I didn't want to admit a few extra pounds when going up clothing sizes, but just tried on a watch which used to be slack, it's now tight, how much toll has the lock down had on people?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

About half a stone and a waist size up

It's pretty much all gone on my belly

By *uttyandbeeCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

The wallet is heavier thats for sure, what we used to spend a bit extra on we cant, simple economics really

"About half a stone and a waist size up

It's pretty much all gone on my belly"

Same here but probably put on a stone unfortunately

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

It's pretty much all gone on my belly

Same here but probably put on a stone unfortunately"

Same, was doing ok til golf closed. 2 or 3 rounds a week was helping but feeling it now without it. Needing better weather to get out again and also get cycling again.

64lbs down

(sorry)

It's all good and well wearing masks and staying 10ft apart but all this weight gain will eventually put more strain on the NHS...just because you're locked down doesn't mean you can't exercise at home and watch what you eat.

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

No i lost weight. Because not needing to eat as much as I was not working as much. And not filling up my vehicle with fule. So not temptation snacks as I fill up.

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple  over a year ago

Cheam

Luckily we don’t own scales but I may have gained a tad here and there

"64lbs down

(sorry) "

Well done Amber

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Was doing great. Then let myself go a bit. Then Christmas happened. Bit of a bloater at the minute.

By *atyaWoman  over a year ago

North West

Covid curves & lockdown love handles that need to go.

I've lost about 5 kilos because there's nobody around to remind me to eat

By *agan_PairCouple  over a year ago

portchester

Both have lost about 150lbs each since the first lockdown thanks to better eating, no booze and taking up running ... we’ve gone in to 2021 feeling amazing ..

"64lbs down

(sorry)

Well done Amber "

Thanks!

"Both have lost about 150lbs each since the first lockdown thanks to better eating, no booze and taking up running ... we’ve gone in to 2021 feeling amazing .."

WOW

Amazing!!!

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"64lbs down

(sorry) "

38lns down sorry not sorry

"64lbs down

(sorry)

38lns down sorry not sorry "

I'm lucky enough to have been working through both lockdowns and being in a routine and also still training, but I've been eating more than I need to. Ramped up the training recently and seeing some good results.

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

Down a stone thanks to getting Covid and in hospital but survived it so I'm more than happy

Those that have gained a little don't worry it will come off again and those that have lost well done.

John

"64lbs down

(sorry) "

You know I think you have done an amazing job. X

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 06/02/21 21:53:46]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I still have my 6pack. I dont let any event stop me with my fitness goals that I have

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

I’m up 3kg, all intentional. Mrs C has been losing weight as planned too.

"64lbs down

(sorry)

You know I think you have done an amazing job. X"

"64lbs down

(sorry)

38lns down sorry not sorry "

Well done!!

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"64lbs down

(sorry)

38lns down sorry not sorry

Well done!! "

Thank you - you too

I've had to give up wearing clothes, nothing fits anymore, good job I don't need to leave the house

Mentally a massive toll. I was doing so well before the lockdown, walking 20,000 steps a day and eating well and will power was strong.

Now I'm probably a stone heavier and increasing. Its a kind of whats the point? Don't feel there is much to look forward to and can't see an end in sight

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"So here goes, I didn't want to admit a few extra pounds when going up clothing sizes, but just tried on a watch which used to be slack, it's now tight, how much toll has the lock down had on people?"
I went up from 14stone to nearly 20stone.. started to lose it again now but still having bad days x

I'm the opposite. No gym, losing weight about a stone. Not fucking happy.

J

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Mentally a massive toll. I was doing so well before the lockdown, walking 20,000 steps a day and eating well and will power was strong.

Now I'm probably a stone heavier and increasing. Its a kind of whats the point? Don't feel there is much to look forward to and can't see an end in sight "

Personally the point is staying in shape to better fight any illness, or infection, that this will be over & I want to be able to take advantage as soon as it is, also the routine gives shape to a day, a week, a month & it seems soon to be a year of less routine although still working, not always at work, that routine in itself ensures that I eat well & fuel the routine, it also ensures I do get out of the house come rain or shine as I have goals to achieve.

Yep about 10 lbs added, mainly cake

"Mentally a massive toll. I was doing so well before the lockdown, walking 20,000 steps a day and eating well and will power was strong.

Now I'm probably a stone heavier and increasing. Its a kind of whats the point? Don't feel there is much to look forward to and can't see an end in sight

Personally the point is staying in shape to better fight any illness, or infection, that this will be over & I want to be able to take advantage as soon as it is, also the routine gives shape to a day, a week, a month & it seems soon to be a year of less routine although still working, not always at work, that routine in itself ensures that I eat well & fuel the routine, it also ensures I do get out of the house come rain or shine as I have goals to achieve."

All I do is work, I have worked since all this started without a break and I work 14 hour shifts. I think you have a good point about fighting any illness or infection but I haven't even had so much as a cough or a cold for a couple of years? My immunity is really good. Mentally though I just don't have the inspiration that I did before lockdown.

About a stone...

But will get it off..just need some mojo and clubs to open.

Pjs and cake on a sat night currently

"About a stone...

Pjs and cake on a sat night currently"

Same, honey comb cheese cake

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I have actually lost about a stone since this time last year, no pub trips, no meals out, no popping into town for shopping and having coffee and cake, no coffee meets (again with cake) - no takeaways to speak of.

so nothing that normally puts my weight on, plus i have been working extra hours and that can be strenuous work, so by the end of lockdown i may be thin and sexy (NOT)

Smug old me has lost 2.5 stone since sept 2020..

Running and watching what I eat

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"I have actually lost about a stone since this time last year, no pub trips, no meals out, no popping into town for shopping and having coffee and cake, no coffee meets (again with cake) - no takeaways to speak of.

so nothing that normally puts my weight on, plus i have been working extra hours and that can be strenuous work, so by the end of lockdown i may be thin and sexy (NOT) "

Same more work less drink lost a stone

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

I've seen a guy in the chat room recently who get more ripped/toned and when I asked, he said he has nothing to do other than workout at home.

Congrats to him. Respect.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

2 stone.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I see the irony in staying home so I don't catch a virus that affects obese people more than others, and putting on weight.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm not taking an obsessive focus on it, as I'd prefer to care about my wellbeing overall. My weight is within 1/4 stone but I'm not exercising as much as I used to, which I take most interest in. Holistic health gains and balance are more important than just what some scales show.

Enjoy some comfortable clothes with me for a while, that have a little wiggle room.

Lockdown poundage not good, but eating & drinking in one of the few joys at the moment

By *iking 777Man  over a year ago

Kirkwall

Yip caught sight in the mirror and thought fec you fat nacker not good

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

I took up exercise, have lost huge amounts of weight. Blood pressure down, heart rate down. Rather proud of myself

"About a stone...

Same, honey comb cheese cake "

ohhh see now I'm craving cheesecake and all I have is grapes x

By *anKinkyMan  over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

Have just stayed at steady weight,been working non stop through it all, but don't feel as healthy mentally and physically as I used to

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

What people should use this variable time is too exercise because this helps the body to build up a strong immune system and good circulation which is very important now yes easy for me to say this it's getting the motivation I struggle with this too but once you start no stopping so fix a date on the calendar and begin it's nice to have a fast metabolism so you can eat anything without showing the pounds and important understand what you are eating learn more the benefits it provides..... we are humans on planet which is earth people have learned loads so learn about you how your body functions around you your lifestyle remember everyone is different and it takes time to gain

I wrote this to hopefully helps because genetically no body is the same but how much does anyone know about the ability of a person because each person never knows reach out and try helping another..... I've not put on weight but mentally draining because training was my release and covid19 has added to my important things to do so lost weight but ate correct sorry op

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Up, down, up, down

Lost weight under my boobs so i am up a cup size

Newcastle

"About a stone...

Same, honey comb cheese cake ohhh see now I'm craving cheesecake and all I have is grapes x "

Cheesecake is one of my wonders of the world but long time since I had one you have made my mouth watering

I've been hitting the home gym but it's so bloody cold and wet it's hard to wanna train after work really missing the gym

"What people should use this variable time is too exercise because this helps the body to build up a strong immune system and good circulation which is very important now yes easy for me to say this it's getting the motivation I struggle with this too but once you start no stopping so fix a date on the calendar and begin it's nice to have a fast metabolism so you can eat anything without showing the pounds and important understand what you are eating learn more the benefits it provides..... we are humans on planet which is earth people have learned loads so learn about you how your body functions around you your lifestyle remember everyone is different and it takes time to gain

I wrote this to hopefully helps because genetically no body is the same but how much does anyone know about the ability of a person because each person never knows reach out and try helping another..... I've not put on weight but mentally draining because training was my release and covid19 has added to my important things to do so lost weight but ate correct sorry op"

I know all this but I think about exercising, then end up sitting watching something and eating instead. While the weather was nice I would walk a bit but I've gone from obese to morbidly obese since march last year... and finding it hard work to find the motivation to bring it back down.

I'm spending more time sat down than ever before just due to changes in what I'm doing. I am doing about 400 extra miles a week in my car due to volunteering and 2 to 3 hundred extra miles going between my house and my partners ( we are bubbled up so can and due to his work and my kids cant live at one place or the other)

I did buy myself an exercise bike 2 weeks ago. And have been slowly increasing my use.... can use it while I'm doing my volunteering phone calls.. I have lost 1st 10lb since new year so it is going down but this week I've out on 4lb

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"Lockdown poundage not good, but eating & drinking in one of the few joys at the moment "

That's how I feel as well.

I make it food and drink choices until around 4 or 5 p.m.

Then not quite as good

20lbs on. Totally deserved though! I was popping Ferrero Roche like grapes.

Back on Slimming World for 4 weeks now and 9lb off. Just under a stone left to shift

Newcastle

"I see the irony in staying home so I don't catch a virus that affects obese people more than others, and putting on weight.

"

It can do but it's having the motivation which everyone suffers with so letting the mind think cross a date so the mind is prepared then yes it's about the person the ability to want to but having a focus it's possible nothing ever is as a human body it those who have control over it how it functions I never ever judge anyone but have learned through my own body training it took me years before my body decided to act everyone controls their own bodies it's understanding and knowledge and pushing focusing

Newcastle

"What people should use this variable time is too exercise because this helps the body to build up a strong immune system and good circulation which is very important now yes easy for me to say this it's getting the motivation I struggle with this too but once you start no stopping so fix a date on the calendar and begin it's nice to have a fast metabolism so you can eat anything without showing the pounds and important understand what you are eating learn more the benefits it provides..... we are humans on planet which is earth people have learned loads so learn about you how your body functions around you your lifestyle remember everyone is different and it takes time to gain

I wrote this to hopefully helps because genetically no body is the same but how much does anyone know about the ability of a person because each person never knows reach out and try helping another..... I've not put on weight but mentally draining because training was my release and covid19 has added to my important things to do so lost weight but ate correct sorry opI know all this but I think about exercising, then end up sitting watching something and eating instead. While the weather was nice I would walk a bit but I've gone from obese to morbidly obese since march last year... and finding it hard work to find the motivation to bring it back down.

I'm spending more time sat down than ever before just due to changes in what I'm doing. I am doing about 400 extra miles a week in my car due to volunteering and 2 to 3 hundred extra miles going between my house and my partners ( we are bubbled up so can and due to his work and my kids cant live at one place or the other)

I did buy myself an exercise bike 2 weeks ago. And have been slowly increasing my use.... can use it while I'm doing my volunteering phone calls.. I have lost 1st 10lb since new year so it is going down but this week I've out on 4lb"

Firstly I'd like to complement you on having motivation to do this as that is or can be the main struggling part seems like you are doing what you feel your body needs to be done did you know as you stated sitting down a lot are some very good stretch exercises because people might think oh sitting even as a occupation easy the body takes the stress it's easy and not time consuming I believe each and everyone should do it when out of bed or after long-day at work sitting in a chair because is about posture which is very important to the circulation

Ps sure you'll do ok darling as you found motivation the struggle I struggle too but I'm not over weight but less then I prefer for my age

By *uth 50Woman  over a year ago

Leeds/Huddersfield

No alcohol, no restaurants and 2 stone lighter. Plenty of walking, the hardest part will be keeping it off after lockdown

I've put on about 6 kilos, working from home and no football. Picture I have up is from about 3 weeks ago. Need to sort that out! I got a second hand rowing machine. It's just been used as a clothes horse. Just ordered an exercise bike. It will probably have the same fate!

I eat healthily enough but I've put on a bit of tummy weight. I'm putting that down to not getting out for enough walks due dizziness that I've recently had, as the last time I went out I had a dizzy turn and collapsed. Need to rest and steady myself before going out again x

The only things that are fitting me properly these days are earrings and scarves. Yikes!

Newcastle

"I've put on about 6 kilos, working from home and no football. Picture I have up is from about 3 weeks ago. Need to sort that out! I got a second hand rowing machine. It's just been used as a clothes horse. Just ordered an exercise bike. It will probably have the same fate! "

You don't need machine use your own body most people who lift weights can't lift own body weight it's be technique just like lifting weights trust me I wouldn't say is I haven't myself tried x good luck

Newcastle

"I eat healthily enough but I've put on a bit of tummy weight. I'm putting that down to not getting out for enough walks due dizziness that I've recently had, as the last time I went out I had a dizzy turn and collapsed. Need to rest and steady myself before going out again x "
firstly sorry

But try meditation so your body is able to relax people forget the body and mind the mind most important reminder each other learns if you're focus more about you you have better ability

"I eat healthily enough but I've put on a bit of tummy weight. I'm putting that down to not getting out for enough walks due dizziness that I've recently had, as the last time I went out I had a dizzy turn and collapsed. Need to rest and steady myself before going out again x firstly sorry

But try meditation so your body is able to relax people forget the body and mind the mind most important reminder each other learns if you're focus more about you you have better ability "

Thank you but I don't think that's really going to help my labyrinthitis as I have to take medication for it. However meditation might take my mind off the stress right now. Thanks x

Newcastle

I'd just like to explain you might think it's easy life never is learn from you your health and fitness not having a pop at at anyone but I need to get back to training

"I'd just like to explain you might think it's easy life never is learn from you your health and fitness not having a pop at at anyone but I need to get back to training"

I'm trying to take care of my mind now and open to any suggestions x

"I've put on about 6 kilos, working from home and no football. Picture I have up is from about 3 weeks ago. Need to sort that out! I got a second hand rowing machine. It's just been used as a clothes horse. Just ordered an exercise bike. It will probably have the same fate!

You don't need machine use your own body most people who lift weights can't lift own body weight it's be technique just like lifting weights trust me I wouldn't say is I haven't myself tried x good luck"

I started a burpee / plank challenge. And bribed myself with treats for doing 60 days. I did maybe 3! Motovation is hard to come by. But I do love bikes so maybe if I enjoy it more I'll stick at it

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Fair play to all, weight up or down, the main thing is you are keeping in good spirits and able to talk about it

i did put a few pounds on but still a size 8 as ive stopped the cake so those few pounds nearly have gone

"It's all good and well wearing masks and staying 10ft apart but all this weight gain will eventually put more strain on the NHS...just because you're locked down doesn't mean you can't exercise at home and watch what you eat."

No but it seems people are less likely to

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

I had stayed the same weight the whole way through, then in early January I was put on a new medication. This is to help work towards surgery I need. The nurse said I would probably gain weight and I’ve put on 7lbs. I’m hoping that it won’t go up any more and I’m trying to be more careful with my eating habits.

I’m missing swimming so much, as can’t go currently anyway and I haven’t felt safe to go even when it’s open. It was my way to exercise without making my arthritis flare up. I’m hoping further into 2021 I will finally feel able to go again.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

It's pretty much all gone on my belly"

your not alone there mate.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

If anything it’s stayed the same

I stick to my meals (and I never ate three meals a day before lockdown) and alcohol consumption is non existent, so balanced themselves out.

Newcastle

"I'd just like to explain you might think it's easy life never is learn from you your health and fitness not having a pop at at anyone but I need to get back to training

I'm trying to take care of my mind now and open to any suggestions x"

Ever thought about taking up an unusual hobby which you never thought you would enjoy but see a lovely outcome from this the world is full of ideas x

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Personally the point is staying in shape to better fight any illness, or infection, that this will be over & I want to be able to take advantage as soon as it is, also the routine gives shape to a day, a week, a month & it seems soon to be a year of less routine although still working, not always at work, that routine in itself ensures that I eat well & fuel the routine, it also ensures I do get out of the house come rain or shine as I have goals to achieve.

All I do is work, I have worked since all this started without a break and I work 14 hour shifts. I think you have a good point about fighting any illness or infection but I haven't even had so much as a cough or a cold for a couple of years? My immunity is really good. Mentally though I just don't have the inspiration that I did before lockdown."

Sorry to hear that, difficult to find your mojo sometimes, but I find that one thing leads to another. I have set a long term goal of 2021km running in 2021, so I have to keep chipping away & all the rest follows. Find your goal & see how that shapes the rest of your life.

"I'd just like to explain you might think it's easy life never is learn from you your health and fitness not having a pop at at anyone but I need to get back to training

I'm trying to take care of my mind now and open to any suggestions x

Ever thought about taking up an unusual hobby which you never thought you would enjoy but see a lovely outcome from this the world is full of ideas x"

I know if would be great to have a bit of variety in my life lol x

» Add a new message to this topic