FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Obsessed with the virus

Obsessed with the virus

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Go on who comments in the virus forum more than they do the other areas

Personally speaking, I can't wait for there to be no need for this section. I find it draining. Yet I'm drawn to it. Like seeing a car crash. I know I shouldn't look ... but I have to

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Nope not obsessed with it I look time to time

And never watch the news

"Nope not obsessed with it I look time to time

And never watch the news "

I haven't been able to watch the news for years, I'm bullshit intolerant

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

And never watch the news

I haven't been able to watch the news for years, I'm bullshit intolerant "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And never watch the news

Lol.

If you're bs intolerant then these forums aren't the best place for you

I wouldn't say people are obsessed, I'd say that people want to talk about it and as its an appropriate space then people should be able to do that.

I look everyday to see if there is news I haven't seen elsewhere. I don't watch the news and only read Sky/BBC news on Thier apps. So sometimes I see things in the virus forum that I did not know.

It is quite addictive though. X

Not really obsessed, I did find myself getting drawn into posting quite a bit on here, still have a look and mostly resist commenting now

One of the other forums I'm on there is a dedicated Covid section that is run by a guy from a scientific background. It only features evidence backed information, no political slants, no second guessing, just facts.

Then there is the Fab section

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Perfect, absolutely perfect!

If summat catches my eye I'll look and comment. But can take it or leave it. Dont watch the news or read newspapers. Bored shitless and sick of hearing about it in general. We just do our bit, stick to the rules by the letter and hope theres light at the end of the tunnel.

J

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Go on who comments in the virus forum more than they do the other areas

Personally speaking, I can't wait for there to be no need for this section. I find it draining. Yet I'm drawn to it. Like seeing a car crash. I know I shouldn't look ... but I have to "

You clickbait you. Yeah I'm the same... Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

I'm trying to ween myself off it

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 07/02/21 10:11:09]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I dont and if they talk about it too much on the news. I just turn it off and watch something else

Personally speaking, I can't wait for there to be no need for this section. I find it draining. Yet I'm drawn to it. Like seeing a car crash. I know I shouldn't look ... but I have to "

That's how I find the Lounge. The fake sycophants and lpp.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Not drawn to it as such but it does resemble a battle ground at times. It's taken over from the politics forum at the height of the Brexit debate which was pretty nasty.

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

It’s the mix of total morons with people who think the sky is going to fall down. It’s popcorn fun

intriguing how many people don't watch the news.. tho C is the same. maybe im from the generation who is not used to apps etc. Maybe we miss something of our collective tho

d

Tin town

Personally speaking, I can't wait for there to be no need for this section. I find it draining. Yet I'm drawn to it. Like seeing a car crash. I know I shouldn't look ... but I have to

That's how I find the Lounge. The fake sycophants and lpp. "

Oooh but youre gorgeous and deserve better....

That's how I find the Lounge. The fake sycophants and lpp.

Oooh but youre gorgeous and deserve better.... "

Thanks hun

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

I think most people are quietly shitting themselves wondering when life can return to normal again.. Anything with the headline that includes' virus' will drag them in like a trawl net

I think most people are quietly shitting themselves wondering when life can return to normal again.. Anything with the headline that includes' virus' will drag them in like a trawl net "

I think most people are sick of it being constantly all over the media.

Doom and gloom that all we see.

Likewise, I find the public’s view fascinating/depressing, it does have a draw to it.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I am obsessed with it I admit just cannot wait to get vaccine

Tin town

What is bizarre is that the media gleefully and unnecessarily stir things up to provoke any reaction. Many so called stories with little or no facts to back them up or outright lies. And we know they do it. And they know that we know they do it. And still we are hooked by it. Fucking outrageous.

"What is bizarre is that the media gleefully and unnecessarily stir things up to provoke any reaction. Many so called stories with little or no facts to back them up or outright lies. And we know they do it. And they know that we know they do it. And still we are hooked by it. Fucking outrageous. "

I’m not sure the media do stir things up, do you have an example?

Hope you’re getting on ok btw and the past weeks have gotten a little easier x

Tin town

"What is bizarre is that the media gleefully and unnecessarily stir things up to provoke any reaction. Many so called stories with little or no facts to back them up or outright lies. And we know they do it. And they know that we know they do it. And still we are hooked by it. Fucking outrageous.

Hope you’re getting on ok btw and the past weeks have gotten a little easier x"

I'll find some better examples but the way they go after people for breaches of rules and give others a free pass very much sets an agenda. So... Rita ora gets a largely free pass but prem footballer gets ripped a new one. Or the going after uni students endlessly (and yes some have been complete fuckwits) or the lack quality fact based investigative reporting... Or the fawning over captain Tom for a week in Barbados but piers Morgan a cunt for doing the same thing...

Not great examples but I'll set to work on it. And yes thanks for your kind thoughts .. Funeral next week so that will be a bit of closure.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Yah it's like I don't want to come in, because I know I'm going to see things that will irritate me, but I can't help it.

I usually come in for a bit and then go back to the main forum and look at some boobs to equalise me.

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

I make sure I just get ONE update a day on the virus. I don’t want to hear/read about it constantly

"I make sure I just get ONE update a day on the virus. I don’t want to hear/read about it constantly "

Won't expect to see you till tomorrow then

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

"I make sure I just get ONE update a day on the virus. I don’t want to hear/read about it constantly

Won't expect to see you till tomorrow then "

I’m not sure this counts as a reliable daily update

I do read it and wish I didnt as I dnt even watch the news. The know all. The doom and gloomers makes me so depressed but still I'm drawn. Ive even been going to delete my account because im sick of it. But it reels you back.

Im sure I will get the keyboard warriors coming in a minute.

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

And never watch the news

Me too! Even having news channels playing in the background makes me feel depressed .... it's all the negative energy from the constant bad news on repeat

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"Go on who comments in the virus forum more than they do the other areas "

It's the only FAB forum I look at or that interests me. I'm a news junkie and like to stay in top of past, current and emerging developments as much as possible.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

[Removed by poster at 07/02/21 17:24:15]

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

And never watch the news

I haven't been able to watch the news for years, I'm bullshit intolerant

Me too! Even having news channels playing in the background makes me feel depressed .... it's all the negative energy from the constant bad news on repeat"

Even easier if, like me, you don't have a telly. Only had them for secondary reasons. First when my mother came to stay for a while when my dad died. Then when two of us were here and both working and had time to sit down in the evenings.

I hardly know what most politicians look like. never seen Piers Morgan or the oft mentioned Laura Kuenssberg. I'm the ideal person for celebs to meet on their travel as I genuinely wouldn't be an arse licking fawning sycophant. Would make a pleasant change for them!

As a result, most of my 'viral' news comes via this site, ironically.

"It’s the mix of total morons with people who think the sky is going to fall down. It’s popcorn fun"

You wont be saying that when the bodies start piling up on the streets

"It’s the mix of total morons with people who think the sky is going to fall down. It’s popcorn fun

You wont be saying that when the bodies start piling up on the streets "

Yeah I'll wait ...

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Stopped listening to news its all doom and gloom. Trying to think positive and there is an end to it all.

"What is bizarre is that the media gleefully and unnecessarily stir things up to provoke any reaction. Many so called stories with little or no facts to back them up or outright lies. And we know they do it. And they know that we know they do it. And still we are hooked by it. Fucking outrageous.

I'll find some better examples but the way they go after people for breaches of rules and give others a free pass very much sets an agenda. So... Rita ora gets a largely free pass but prem footballer gets ripped a new one. Or the going after uni students endlessly (and yes some have been complete fuckwits) or the lack quality fact based investigative reporting... Or the fawning over captain Tom for a week in Barbados but piers Morgan a cunt for doing the same thing...

Not great examples but I'll set to work on it. And yes thanks for your kind thoughts .. Funeral next week so that will be a bit of closure. "

even the questions the ask at the daily briefings were ridiculous ... weeks and weeks of pushing for dates of when we would start to reopen last summer and then as soon as we did question after question criticising it had happened too soon ... it appeared they just wanted to be the voice of the angry mob no matter what side the angry mob were on that day

Not great examples but I'll set to work on it. And yes thanks for your kind thoughts .. Funeral next week so that will be a bit of closure.

even the questions the ask at the daily briefings were ridiculous ... weeks and weeks of pushing for dates of when we would start to reopen last summer and then as soon as we did question after question criticising it had happened too soon ... it appeared they just wanted to be the voice of the angry mob no matter what side the angry mob were on that day "

The journalist questions at the briefings have been an embarrassment really.

Maybe if Ant and Dec did the briefings they would be happier. Or Piers Morgan and Meghan Markle.

"It’s the mix of total morons with people who think the sky is going to fall down. It’s popcorn fun

"

so true - I shouldn't be in here - I'm depressed already and I've only read one thread

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

You are now my favourite person thank god someone said it

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

I’ve tried to avoid this section, but like you OP I can’t keep away!..

im not Obsessed with it but its been my life for the last year taking my job over within the nhs and care sector ...

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Hopefully the virus message board will get moved down somewhere between Cycling and the Cacos islands and we can enjoy our lifestyle without all the doom and gloom

"Hopefully the virus message board will get moved down somewhere between Cycling and the Cacos islands and we can enjoy our lifestyle without all the doom and gloom "

Do you need someone to hold your hand? Ask them to move your mouse click to a different forum. It's really quite easy to avoid forum sections if you know how.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Hopefully the virus message board will get moved down somewhere between Cycling and the Cacos islands and we can enjoy our lifestyle without all the doom and gloom "
When the virus message board ends there will be a U.K. economic message board , people be discussing all Job loses and house repossessions

Tin town

"Hopefully the virus message board will get moved down somewhere between Cycling and the Cacos islands and we can enjoy our lifestyle without all the doom and gloom When the virus message board ends there will be a U.K. economic message board , people be discussing all Job loses and house repossessions "

Or here's an idea.. Rather than glass half empty and all the negativity you bring to these pages ...a thread for Glass half full, recovery, next steps, safe swinging, supporting eachother and having fun the best way we can.?

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Hopefully the virus message board will get moved down somewhere between Cycling and the Cacos islands and we can enjoy our lifestyle without all the doom and gloom When the virus message board ends there will be a U.K. economic message board , people be discussing all Job loses and house repossessions

Or here's an idea.. Rather than glass half empty and all the negativity you bring to these pages ...a thread for Glass half full, recovery, next steps, safe swinging, supporting eachother and having fun the best way we can.? "

Yes we can all bury our head in the sand great idea

"Hopefully the virus message board will get moved down somewhere between Cycling and the Cacos islands and we can enjoy our lifestyle without all the doom and gloom When the virus message board ends there will be a U.K. economic message board , people be discussing all Job loses and house repossessions

The global reset .... "

Sounds 'great'

The global reset ....

Sounds 'great' "

I've got my Klaus Schwab book on order.

The global reset ....

Sounds 'great'

I've got my Klaus Schwab book on order. "

You'll own nothing except your Klaus Schwabb book and you'll be very happy

The global reset ....

Sounds 'great'

I've got my Klaus Schwab book on order.

You'll own nothing except your Klaus Schwabb book and you'll be very happy "

Definitely ha ha.

no for as long as the virus is around then this should stay .. this virus is going no where quick and i want to know others opinions good or bad ..those that dont like it dont post simple as really

Haven’t watched normal tv in years!

» Add a new message to this topic