FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid 19 jab

Covid 19 jab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *os19 OP   Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I have received a txt from my GP surgery asking me to book my Covid 19 jab.I have booked it for this coming Tuesday. I am 53 years old living in North London.I am a little surprised to have been offered it this early as my mum is 72 and had hers less than 4 weeks ago. I am on medication for chest pains and I am guessing that is why I may have been offered it this early

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Grab it while you can! Loads of people bumping up the queue due to leftover vaccines in local centres and GP practices.

"I have received a txt from my GP surgery asking me to book my Covid 19 jab.I have booked it for this coming Tuesday. I am 53 years old living in North London.I am a little surprised to have been offered it this early as my mum is 72 and had hers less than 4 weeks ago. I am on medication for chest pains and I am guessing that is why I may have been offered it this early"

Your chest problems would move you up the list.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Brilliant

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Great news for you OP

"I have received a txt from my GP surgery asking me to book my Covid 19 jab.I have booked it for this coming Tuesday. I am 53 years old living in North London.I am a little surprised to have been offered it this early as my mum is 72 and had hers less than 4 weeks ago. I am on medication for chest pains and I am guessing that is why I may have been offered it this early

Your chest problems would move you up the list."

Yes it would have done and in some areas they have already started on group 6 which is the high risk group.

There is a list of conditions that put you in group six on the government website.

The program is motoring now so more and more people are being offered the vaccine earlier than they thought.

Its good news.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Grab it with both hands OP

Have been off with covid for 10 days lost a stone and feel week I don't want this again

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There have been some 20s/30s years old in the London area offered and given it. I'd take it rather than trying to change the system as GPs advised their patients

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

OP you could live in an area where they are moving through the groups quickly as the numbers of each group aren’t large.

There is no set date for each group, just working through lists in each area.

You are not queue jumping, your GP has invited you, so the choice is yours

Just out with curiosity is this a local centre or at the excel?

I know if you are currently in a category that is being prioritised you can put in your nhs number and see if you can get an appointment at the excel centre and its the same with all the mass vaccination centres. Currently its meant to be over 70's and shielding people but I've seen in local Facebook groups people that a are 60 plus have tried this and got appointments.

Edmonton

"Just out with curiosity is this a local centre or at the excel?

I know if you are currently in a category that is being prioritised you can put in your nhs number and see if you can get an appointment at the excel centre and its the same with all the mass vaccination centres. Currently its meant to be over 70's and shielding people but I've seen in local Facebook groups people that a are 60 plus have tried this and got appointments."

. I have been offered a choice of 3 surgeries in the London borough that I live in I have booked a appointment for this Tuesday.

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

I know if you are currently in a category that is being prioritised you can put in your nhs number and see if you can get an appointment at the excel centre and its the same with all the mass vaccination centres. Currently its meant to be over 70's and shielding people but I've seen in local Facebook groups people that a are 60 plus have tried this and got appointments."

We have finished group 4, inviting group 5 now

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

my daughter isn't coming up despite having a letter saying she should shield and I know that thr local hub is doing shielding people x

Edmonton

Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread I have booked my appointment for this Tuesday. I was a little surprised that I was offered it this early as I didn’t ask for it and as my mum is 72 and had hers less than 4 weeks ago my cousin is 61 and only had his on Tuesday I was just surprised.I hope the rest of the UK is moving as swiftly as my part of North London seems to be.

I know if you are currently in a category that is being prioritised you can put in your nhs number and see if you can get an appointment at the excel centre and its the same with all the mass vaccination centres. Currently its meant to be over 70's and shielding people but I've seen in local Facebook groups people that a are 60 plus have tried this and got appointments. my daughter isn't coming up despite having a letter saying she should shield and I know that thr local hub is doing shielding people x"

Might be worth checking with her doctor that she's in the right category because I know somebody that was put in group 6 and should have been 4 by mistake.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I know if you are currently in a category that is being prioritised you can put in your nhs number and see if you can get an appointment at the excel centre and its the same with all the mass vaccination centres. Currently its meant to be over 70's and shielding people but I've seen in local Facebook groups people that a are 60 plus have tried this and got appointments. my daughter isn't coming up despite having a letter saying she should shield and I know that thr local hub is doing shielding people x

Might be worth checking with her doctor that she's in the right category because I know somebody that was put in group 6 and should have been 4 by mistake."

I would but my doctors is shut currently... her letter says she is extremely clinically vulnerable. She has downs syndrome

I know if you are currently in a category that is being prioritised you can put in your nhs number and see if you can get an appointment at the excel centre and its the same with all the mass vaccination centres. Currently its meant to be over 70's and shielding people but I've seen in local Facebook groups people that a are 60 plus have tried this and got appointments. my daughter isn't coming up despite having a letter saying she should shield and I know that thr local hub is doing shielding people x

Might be worth checking with her doctor that she's in the right category because I know somebody that was put in group 6 and should have been 4 by mistake. I would but my doctors is shut currently... her letter says she is extremely clinically vulnerable. She has downs syndrome "

That is a bugger.

The person I know that was put in group 6 by mistake has now been rectified and they were able to have the vaccine 2 weeks ago.

just worth double checking.

I hope she gets it soon. X

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

Might be worth checking with her doctor that she's in the right category because I know somebody that was put in group 6 and should have been 4 by mistake. I would but my doctors is shut currently... her letter says she is extremely clinically vulnerable. She has downs syndrome "

My nephew has Downs and is having his vaccine on Wednesday (he’s 22).

Had mine yesterday im only 50 couldn't believe when I got text 5 mins in and out just arm ache good luck fella.

Edmonton

"Had mine yesterday im only 50 couldn't believe when I got text 5 mins in and out just arm ache good luck fella."
. That’s good that your only 50 and you have had the jab.It looks like your area is moving swiftly like mine.A bit of arm ache I can live with.Thanks

The nw seems to be flying though the groups we both had one at our local doctors

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Most counties are well ahead of their targets and are onto the next stage. Depends on when they started and how many in the area. Salford are well ahead and warrington is on target

Get it while you can .k

» Add a new message to this topic