FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Potential changes post vaccinations

Potential changes post vaccinations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Once every one who can or will have a vaccination. Potential industries which could have new rules for people who have been vaccinated is travel, employment, insurance. Travel, for instance is the area in which I believe hotels and flights may refuse people who have not been vaccinated with exemption to pre existing medical conditions. I have already heard from a few companies that have stated they will not employ non vaccinated individuals when the vaccination programme has concluded for the first round. Whether or not most companies do this remains to be seen. Insurance, such as life insurance is the area in which I expect to see definite changes in the future. This is just something I was pondering what possible changes could occur after the pandemic and the industries I’ve highlighted is the most realistic ones which could be affected. Stay safe everyone.xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm not sure any companies yet have made it a mandatory policy that you have to be vaccinated but I do know that I've seen people that work in care Home's comment on these threads saying that a lot of pressure is put on by their employer to have it.

I remember one lady saying that Some staff had refused the vaccine and staff had refused to work with them and relatives didn't want them looking after their loved ones.

I think we are going to hear more like this in the coming months.

I was chatting to a friend recently who said that she wouldn't want her child taught by a teacher that wouldn't have the vaccine for example.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

To many unanswered questions about the vaccine as yet, does it stop you catching it, does it stop transmission, and s it a one dose (2 jabs) or annual boost needed. Until those are clearer it’s all summising by employers and others, a grey area in law.

On a mooch

"I'm not sure any companies yet have made it a mandatory policy that you have to be vaccinated but I do know that I've seen people that work in care Home's comment on these threads saying that a lot of pressure is put on by their employer to have it.

I remember one lady saying that Some staff had refused the vaccine and staff had refused to work with them and relatives didn't want them looking after their loved ones.

I was chatting to a friend recently who said that she wouldn't want her child taught by a teacher that wouldn't have the vaccine for example."

On that bottom part, how would the parent know the teacher hasn’t been vaccinated and the reason why ?

"To many unanswered questions about the vaccine as yet, does it stop you catching it, does it stop transmission, and s it a one dose (2 jabs) or annual boost needed. Until those are clearer it’s all summising by employers and others, a grey area in law. "

This is true and if there is very little evidence that it has much effect on transmission by think companies would have a real hard time forcing employees to take it.

I do know that in some jobs having the hepatitis jab is a requirement of employment But that is only in specific jobs where the risk is very high but it will be interesting to see what happens.

"I'm not sure any companies yet have made it a mandatory policy that you have to be vaccinated but I do know that I've seen people that work in care Home's comment on these threads saying that a lot of pressure is put on by their employer to have it.

I was chatting to a friend recently who said that she wouldn't want her child taught by a teacher that wouldn't have the vaccine for example.

On that bottom part, how would the parent know the teacher hasn’t been vaccinated and the reason why ? "

Most people aren't going to care about the reason why if they feel that somebody who is unvaccinated is a risk, im not saying it's the right point of view I'm just saying for that is how she feels.

On a mooch

On that bottom part, how would the parent know the teacher hasn’t been vaccinated and the reason why ?

Most people aren't going to care about the reason why if they feel that somebody who is unvaccinated is a risk, im not saying it's the right point of view I'm just saying for that is how she feels.

"

Therein lies the problem, people now assuming they need to know an individual’s medical record, no you don’t it’s private.

The parents don’t have an issue with the other 29 non vaccinated individuals within the classroom I assume.

No one is going to know who is vaccinated or not unless the wish is for you all to wear a constant identity badge

On a mooch

"To many unanswered questions about the vaccine as yet, does it stop you catching it, does it stop transmission, and s it a one dose (2 jabs) or annual boost needed. Until those are clearer it’s all summising by employers and others, a grey area in law.

This is true and if there is very little evidence that it has much effect on transmission by think companies would have a real hard time forcing employees to take it.

I do know that in some jobs having the hepatitis jab is a requirement of employment But that is only in specific jobs where the risk is very high but it will be interesting to see what happens."

Of course some roles require certain vaccines, the evidence backs them up. For now there is not enough known to make it a mandatory requirement. Time and evidence will tell

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

1 holiday company has said 2 doses required minimum 14 days before travel - even though full immunity takes 21 days typically.

A couple of people have posted here about their terms and conditions of employment being changed and Pimlico Plumbers has changed theirs.

If infection rates become negligible, there may be limited to no need, it will just depend on when that could be. I'm not expecting a huge implementation of this after another year but I will take a vaccine, as the evidence is so strong for them.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

"I'm not sure any companies yet have made it a mandatory policy that you have to be vaccinated "

Saga holidays current advert on the radio states that they accept only vaccinated travellers to reassure people to book!

Therein lies the problem, people now assuming they need to know an individual’s medical record, no you don’t it’s private.

The parents don’t have an issue with the other 29 non vaccinated individuals within the classroom I assume.

No one is going to know who is vaccinated or not unless the wish is for you all to wear a constant identity badge "

And people have been demanding that they know people's medical history for months particularly with the face covering exemption.

I'm not saying it's right and I wouldn't have a problem personally however but is how some people feel.

The way I look at it is as long as I have had the vaccine I am somewhat protected but I am also very mindful of the fact and enough people need to have it to make it effective.

I am against the possibility a covid passport that is used for anything other than travel for this very reason.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"Once every one who can or will have a vaccination. Potential industries which could have new rules for people who have been vaccinated is travel, employment, insurance. Travel, for instance is the area in which I believe hotels and flights may refuse people who have not been vaccinated with exemption to pre existing medical conditions. I have already heard from a few companies that have stated they will not employ non vaccinated individuals when the vaccination programme has concluded for the first round. Whether or not most companies do this remains to be seen. Insurance, such as life insurance is the area in which I expect to see definite changes in the future. This is just something I was pondering what possible changes could occur after the pandemic and the industries I’ve highlighted is the most realistic ones which could be affected. Stay safe everyone.xx"

I have thought this all along. We will start with people being ' advised' they need to be vaccinated for particular roles in teaching, NHS, public services in general.. And then eventually it will become the' norm' to provide proof that you have been vaccinated.. And that's how it needs to be I think. Particularly for any job where you are in contact with other people or perhaps when you leave the country.. Common sense really :/

On a mooch

No one is going to know who is vaccinated or not unless the wish is for you all to wear a constant identity badge

And people have been demanding that they know people's medical history for months particularly with the face covering exemption.

I'm not saying it's right and I wouldn't have a problem personally however but is how some people feel.

The way I look at it is as long as I have had the vaccine I am somewhat protected but I am also very mindful of the fact and enough people need to have it to make it effective.

I am against the possibility a covid passport that is used for anything other than travel for this very reason.

"

They can demand but they have no right to know, only certain situations need to know your medical history and it is confidential between you and them.

If countries or airlines want to see proof you’ve had it, that I can understand. However, again until it is in black and white they run the risk of possible discrimination against those that CAN’T have it. Time will tell but this will roll on for many a year and in the end court cases will likely decide the final position.

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

Remember not all discrimination is illegal.

I'm afraid that I agree that for CERTAIN specific jobs it should be mandatory to have the vaccine, just the same as it is already for some roles for example the Hep vaccine.

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

Think most holiday destinations will require proof of vaccinations

Prior to booking and I think that will play the major reason people will get vaccine

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think there are a number of competing demands at play which may change the legal landscape in which we live. Of course there'll also be international considerations to any changes as well, for us and for our government.

Manchester (she/her)

What will also be interesting is whether it changes re other vaccinations as well. Personally I don't know how I'd prove I'm fully vaccinated apart from blood tests for antibodies.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

[Removed by poster at 07/02/21 16:15:12]

Manchester (she/her)

[Removed by poster at 07/02/21 16:10:37]

Plymouth

"What will also be interesting is whether it changes re other vaccinations as well. Personally I don't know how I'd prove I'm fully vaccinated apart from blood tests for antibodies."

GPs used to issue vaccine cards, some countries will want you to carry proof you've been vaccinated against certain diseases like Cholera and Yellow fever. Like the international driving licences, a bit of card with the details written on it. If you've been vaccinated your GP will have access to your records and sign your card.

Manchester (she/her)

"What will also be interesting is whether it changes re other vaccinations as well. Personally I don't know how I'd prove I'm fully vaccinated apart from blood tests for antibodies.

GPs used to issue vaccine cards, some countries will want you to carry proof you've been vaccinated against certain diseases like Cholera and Yellow fever. Like the international driving licences, a bit of card with the details written on it. If you've been vaccinated your GP will have access to your records and sign your card."

All my jabs up to mid 20s were in Australia. Not the centralised record keeping there is here, not sure if a record exists. The last GP who saw me there might be able to say so, but it'd still be on the grounds of "I/ my parents said so" or "I had no trouble meeting the vaccination requirement for school admission"

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Think most holiday destinations will require proof of vaccinations

Prior to booking and I think that will play the major reason people will get vaccine "

You don't believe the major reason people are getting the vaccine is for their own safety and the well being of others? You think it is just so they can go on holiday ?

Plymouth

"What will also be interesting is whether it changes re other vaccinations as well. Personally I don't know how I'd prove I'm fully vaccinated apart from blood tests for antibodies.

GPs used to issue vaccine cards, some countries will want you to carry proof you've been vaccinated against certain diseases like Cholera and Yellow fever. Like the international driving licences, a bit of card with the details written on it. If you've been vaccinated your GP will have access to your records and sign your card.

All my jabs up to mid 20s were in Australia. Not the centralised record keeping there is here, not sure if a record exists. The last GP who saw me there might be able to say so, but it'd still be on the grounds of "I/ my parents said so" or "I had no trouble meeting the vaccination requirement for school admission""

If they were for things like cholera and yellow fever the doctor will accept you been vaccinated, then ask you to roll up your sleeve and be prepared for the boosters.

Not sure how they would work a covid vaccine situation, as I'm sure they're not yet. I'm guessing a non vaccinated country won't really want a load of asymptomatic but vaccinated tourists turning up.

Manchester (she/her)

All my jabs up to mid 20s were in Australia. Not the centralised record keeping there is here, not sure if a record exists. The last GP who saw me there might be able to say so, but it'd still be on the grounds of "I/ my parents said so" or "I had no trouble meeting the vaccination requirement for school admission"If they were for things like cholera and yellow fever the doctor will accept you been vaccinated, then ask you to roll up your sleeve and be prepared for the boosters.

Not sure how they would work a covid vaccine situation, as I'm sure they're not yet. I'm guessing a non vaccinated country won't really want a load of asymptomatic but vaccinated tourists turning up. "

Standard childhood vaccines plus chickenpox and cervical cancer. Nothing remarkable. I'll be rejabbed if needs be, no big deal.

Plymouth

"Think most holiday destinations will require proof of vaccinations

Prior to booking and I think that will play the major reason people will get vaccine

You don't believe the major reason people are getting the vaccine is for their own safety and the well being of others? You think it is just so they can go on holiday ? "

I didn't read that as everyone, but some people who were doubtful of getting the vaccine, when faced with the prospect of no holiday, become willing to accept the vaccine.

By *onathan14Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

I don't think this will ever end, I think now pandora's box is open we're all going to have to deal with the idea of simple care in what you do and don't do.

The demon has been released.

I also think this covid is just a warning. Scientist say theres much worse out there not discovered.

Leeds

"If they were for things like cholera and yellow fever the doctor will accept you been vaccinated, then ask you to roll up your sleeve and be prepared for the boosters.

"

You don't need boosters for cholera or yellow fever

Plymouth

All my jabs up to mid 20s were in Australia. Not the centralised record keeping there is here, not sure if a record exists. The last GP who saw me there might be able to say so, but it'd still be on the grounds of "I/ my parents said so" or "I had no trouble meeting the vaccination requirement for school admission"If they were for things like cholera and yellow fever the doctor will accept you been vaccinated, then ask you to roll up your sleeve and be prepared for the boosters.

Not sure how they would work a covid vaccine situation, as I'm sure they're not yet. I'm guessing a non vaccinated country won't really want a load of asymptomatic but vaccinated tourists turning up.

Standard childhood vaccines plus chickenpox and cervical cancer. Nothing remarkable. I'll be rejabbed if needs be, no big deal."

I don't think those sort of vaccinations will become a concern, at the moment even things like Cholera are mainly African and a few Asian countries, I've just realised I should have had a card for when I went to the Philippines a few years ago They didn't check, fortunately.

Plymouth

"If they were for things like cholera and yellow fever the doctor will accept you been vaccinated, then ask you to roll up your sleeve and be prepared for the boosters.

You don't need boosters for cholera or yellow fever"

Maybe the doctor just re-dosed me and said it would boost any previous vaccine I'd had. It was a few years ago.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

What a heaven sent opportunity for those who prosper from dividing and thus ruling.

Expect plenty of examples!

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

why not just add the details to your measles vaccination card?

Leeds

"why not just add the details to your measles vaccination card?"

How many people do you think still have theirs ?

Manchester (she/her)

"why not just add the details to your measles vaccination card?

How many people do you think still have theirs ?"

I certainly don't. My last MMR was in 2009 and I can't even prove that. (I was asked to check my measles vaccination status before moving to the UK, as vaccine refusal had led to a loss of sufficient herd immunity).

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I could certainly see a point of life insurance contracts containing payout exclusions for deaths linked to diseases where vaccines had been refused. Or having vastly increased charges for those persons.

» Add a new message to this topic