FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Swabs

Swabs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rjim OP   Man  over a year ago

nr bristol

Just wondering about the PCR test.

Why do they need to swab deep in the nose if droplets of saliva are the primary mode of infection?...why not just take a spit sample ?

Answers on a used mask please...lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I wondered about the same thing, why up there? Lol, all they really need to do is to swab the mouth.

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"Just wondering about the PCR test.

Why do they need to swab deep in the nose if droplets of saliva are the primary mode of infection?...why not just take a spit sample ?

Answers on a used mask please...lol

"

I think it's because up the nose has a higher concentration of the virus "if you have it" to be able to detect it's presence for a test while saliva may well have a much liwer concentration it's the primary mode of transmission.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

At least we don't do the test up the bum, like China has started....

By *tudiousPipWoman  over a year ago

W Yorks

I've had 2 nurse administered swabs and done multiple swabs on myself for work. They no longer go right to the back of the nose, just far enough to meet slight resistance. I'm yet to have one returned for an insufficient sample!

The first nurse administered one went so far back I practically climbed from the drivers seat to the passenger seat! Still not cured my gag reflex though.

By *everHaveIEverWoman  over a year ago

I thought the same about the anal swabs. But after a little bit of reading (google) I found that some “experts in China say the anal swab method is a more accurate way of testing for COVID-19 because traces of the virus linger longer in the anus than in the respiratory tract”.

» Add a new message to this topic