FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Should i self isolate

Should i self isolate

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inch nylon lover OP   Man  over a year ago

colchester

ive found out my work mate has tested positive for covid over weekend. Social distancing doesnt happen at our work and the peraon in question has been using my tools and doesnt wear a mask. Work have said that unless comes on test and trace we should be fine, but thats not going to happen as he doesn't have it!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If he had a positive test the test centre should have reported it to them and they will be in touch with him.

Some employers are telling people to go into work if they have no symptoms. It's shit.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

You should only have a test if you have symptoms or track and trace contact you.

colchester

Wont get a test unless show symptoms but feel like sum of us should be self isolating, as he has used my tools, but work dont seem to care. Worried as live with somone who is clinically vulnerable

By *lipy123TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

At the end of the day it's a judgement call you are going to have to make.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I would say yes! I think employers are bad! And it's the big firms as well doing this! X

Leeds

Why are you letting someone use your tools?

"Why are you letting someone use your tools? "

This really.

Assume everyone has it. Not just people who are coughing.

Isolate as much as you can from the other people in your house OP. Act as though you have it. Hope you are ok.

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

I'm gonna say yes.. get tested yourself too just to be on the safe side. One of my colleagues tested positive and everyone that had contact with that bubble had to self isolate. Good thing to as the next day, I got tested.. and it was positive

Leeds

"Why are you letting someone use your tools?

This really.

Assume everyone has it. Not just people who are coughing.

Isolate as much as you can from the other people in your house OP. Act as though you have it. Hope you are ok. "

This is what I do at work and we are Covid safe but I’m wearing my mask all the time, social distancing etc and wiping down all the time, especially the toilet. I think if you are worried OP get a test but if you have no symptoms then you may be refused a test. My Assistant was positive in November on the Sunday after being at work Friday but I was refused a test as had no symptoms but because we had social distanced track and trace did not contact me. However you could go for a test, be negative but catch it while you are awaiting results. At work now our boss has bought some self testing kits for emergency such as a situation like yours. We have to all keep ourselves as safe as we can.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I was in hospital for a while just after Xmas, got tested and was clear. There are obviously people who have the virus, but show no symptoms and are totally unaware of it.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Firstly, it’s good and considerate that you’re showing caution and concern .

He should be contacted by T&T, unless there’s a glitch or issue of some kind.

In fhe meantime, I’d ask yourself whether you worked closely with him recently - within two metres for any length of time. There’s more to it than that, but that’s a good guide. If yes, that’d be enough to make you a contact.

The sharing of tools would be enough for them to consider you a contact if its happened in the right timeframe too.

Masks won’t really make a difference unless they are really high quality ones.

It does sound a bit concerning regarding your employer. It’s hard for some employers and some industries, of course, but they need to be really on the ball and simple measures will help.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Ring 119 and get their advice. They'll have more pull when it comes to your employer than a bunch of people with their tits and dicks out online lol

With the new variant doing the rounds people more people can be asymptomatic. I was. If it wasn't for the weekly testing at work I wouldn't have known i had it.

I'm surprised your work doesn't have local track and trace. As far as I understand it a contract is someone who has been within 2m for more than 15 minutes or 1m for more than 1 minute. Masks are a mitigating factor but as you've been sharing tools etc I'd say it doesn't matter.

Also, when was the last time you worked with him? If it was linger than 48 hours prior to him testing positive or having symptoms then you won't be considered a contact.

This is all taken from the track and trace work I've been involved with at work where we have had an outbreak so regular calls with PHE.

By *ightkitty4uWoman  over a year ago

Epsom

I was in a similar situation, girl at work tested positive I work in an office. Apparently as I had a mask on I didn’t need to self isolate

Luckily I didn’t catch anything, I have to lateral flow test twice a week as work for NHS.

However I did boot my mum out of my bubble and since this incident I have no bubble

I still don’t understand the logic of it all. I feel it’s best to treat everyone as though they are a leaper!

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Worried as live with somone who is clinically vulnerable "

It must be difficult to work somewhere with no social distancing and shared tools when you live with a clinically vulnerable person.

If you feel you need a test for your own peace of mind, order one online and just tick the box for symptoms - they come next day and you post it back and results come back within 48 hours.

There are lots of new symptoms that people are reporting with now that are not reflected on those shown on the app.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Is there anywhere near you that are doing lateral flow tests for people with no symptoms or asymptomatic? You could get one of those, I did and had the results in 30 mins.

They are not 100% accurate but it might give you some peace of mind. Your employers attitude stinks btw!

colchester

Thanks for advice everyone, have felt pretty rough this morning so have had a test and awaiting results. Whole thing is just taking its toll on me. Know its hard for us all following guidlines so missing seeing family and freinds, but find myself everyday surrounded by people not following guidelines at work! And at the end of the day ?? talks. Stay safe for your loved ones

"ive found out my work mate has tested positive for covid over weekend. Social distancing doesnt happen at our work and the peraon in question has been using my tools and doesnt wear a mask. Work have said that unless comes on test and trace we should be fine, but thats not going to happen as he doesn't have it!!!! "

Top quote from movie 'Ronin'

"If there's any doubt, there is no doubt".

Leeds

"Thanks for advice everyone, have felt pretty rough this morning so have had a test and awaiting results. Whole thing is just taking its toll on me. Know its hard for us all following guidlines so missing seeing family and freinds, but find myself everyday surrounded by people not following guidelines at work! And at the end of the day ?? talks. Stay safe for your loved ones"

People don’t follow guidelines in supermarkets either and those are the places we are most likely picking it up more. I’ve had people reaching across me, people not wearing a mask, people touching products and not buying them, cashiers not wearing gloves. I think my workplace is safer than Asda and that’s saying something.

"Thanks for advice everyone, have felt pretty rough this morning so have had a test and awaiting results. Whole thing is just taking its toll on me. Know its hard for us all following guidlines so missing seeing family and freinds, but find myself everyday surrounded by people not following guidelines at work! And at the end of the day ?? talks. Stay safe for your loved ones

People don’t follow guidelines in supermarkets either and those are the places we are most likely picking it up more. I’ve had people reaching across me, people not wearing a mask, people touching products and not buying them, cashiers not wearing gloves. I think my workplace is safer than Asda and that’s saying something. "

They obviously don't follow guidance at work either.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Are there any of the fast result testing centres nearby? They could give a quick indication for you, if available and open at the right times to get there.

The overall process here is poor, giving lots of opportunities for the virus to settle in work groups etc and then to spread more broadly.

On a separate point, you could speak about the mask wearing and other safety measures to management and local authority too.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Ring 119 and get their advice. They'll have more pull when it comes to your employer than a bunch of people with their tits and dicks out online lol

"

Oh god, that's killed me!

Leeds

"Ring 119 and get their advice. They'll have more pull when it comes to your employer than a bunch of people with their tits and dicks out online lol

Oh god, that's killed me! "

Lol my tits aren’t ‘out’ - such generalisation lol.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Wont get a test unless show symptoms but feel like sum of us should be self isolating, as he has used my tools, but work dont seem to care. Worried as live with somone who is clinically vulnerable "

Go and get a test and then you'll know.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Lol my tits aren’t ‘out’ - such generalisation lol. "

Your contributions to the subject must be more credible then!

By *nmgCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

This is purely a moral question about doing the right thing.

Yes... You ABSOLUTELY should be isolating for the prescribed 10 day period. The fact that it hasn't come off the app has no bearing on this... The virus can't tell the difference.

As regards getting a test - that is immaterial too. If you do a test and it comes back negative you still must isolate for the 10 day period. The virus can manifest after the test has been taken, or you could show a false negative.

With all due respect, your employer sounds like an absolute cockwomble.

i don’t understand why people are saying its a judgement, the rules on this are clear and your boss is playing dumb to them so stop him from losing more staff

if you have been in close contact with a positive case (which you have) you must self isolate for 10 days,

the purpose of track and trace is to help people make these connections where they might not have found out otherwise or to get the information out sooner (say it was a home carer and they have to call round all their visits for a week and are too sick to do this for example) but you don't have to wait for an official call from them if you already have the information

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

covid went round were I work we all got it you need to self isolate.

Leeds

Your contributions to the subject must be more credible then! "

Obviously lol but my contributions to most threads are credible

Yes I would suggest you need to self isolate; also maybe speak to the HSE about unsafe working practices at your place of work. Hope you stay well, F

evesham

Your contributions to the subject must be more credible then!

Obviously lol but my contributions to most threads are credible "

Soz.... Just my attempt at humour everyone's contributions are valid if course but I'd guess his emoluer would listen to the NHS more than swingers (even swingers who work for the NHS)

"Wont get a test unless show symptoms but feel like sum of us should be self isolating, as he has used my tools, but work dont seem to care. Worried as live with somone who is clinically vulnerable "

If you live with someone vulnerable then you should wear a mask at work regardless of what work you do....sharing tools? Omg....this is why we can't get rid of it....I still can't believe you live with a vulnerable person and show such disregard of masks and no social distancing

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"Wont get a test unless show symptoms but feel like sum of us should be self isolating, as he has used my tools, but work dont seem to care. Worried as live with somone who is clinically vulnerable

Go and get a test and then you'll know. "

he's been and had the test read up

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Thanks for advice everyone, have felt pretty rough this morning so have had a test and awaiting results. Whole thing is just taking its toll on me. Know its hard for us all following guidlines so missing seeing family and freinds, but find myself everyday surrounded by people not following guidelines at work! And at the end of the day ?? talks. Stay safe for your loved ones"

I've reposted this OP, as many of us - myself included - hadn't read the full thread, before we posted our support for you, with guidance.

It's great that you are now tested and waiting for the results . Hope you get good results

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

The app has nothing to do with it, I was under the impression of if you come into contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid then you would need to isolate

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Wont get a test unless show symptoms but feel like sum of us should be self isolating, as he has used my tools, but work dont seem to care. Worried as live with somone who is clinically vulnerable

Go and get a test and then you'll know. he's been and had the test read up "

Most people answer from the OP rather than read the whole thread first

"Thanks for advice everyone, have felt pretty rough this morning so have had a test and awaiting results. Whole thing is just taking its toll on me. Know its hard for us all following guidlines so missing seeing family and freinds, but find myself everyday surrounded by people not following guidelines at work! And at the end of the day ?? talks. Stay safe for your loved ones

I've reposted this OP, as many of us - myself included - hadn't read the full thread, before we posted our support for you, with guidance.

It's great that you are now tested and waiting for the results . Hope you get good results "

it actually makes no difference if he gets tested since he should be acting as though he has the virus for the full 10 days anyway ... the only benefit of a positive test is that track and trace for his contacts will kick in rather than just his colleagues , a negative until 10 days have past should give absolutely no comfort and not be relied upon as it can be too soon for any infection to show up

however yes OP i do hope you don’t get sick

"The app has nothing to do with it, I was under the impression of if you come into contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid then you would need to isolate"

The track and trace is more to do with using public transport or a public area like an office or hotel

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"The app has nothing to do with it, I was under the impression of if you come into contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid then you would need to isolate"

PS it is worrying that bosses are not sticking to the guidelines about this

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

Yeah regardless of the app you should self isolate.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"The app has nothing to do with it, I was under the impression of if you come into contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid then you would need to isolate

The track and trace is more to do with using public transport or a public area like an office or hotel"

Have they got the bluetooth working on it yet? If they havn't then it won't be working there either

What I meant by the app has nothing to do with it was about the advice he had from his boss, you don't have to be notified by Dido and her overpaid consultants to know you are meant to isolate when coming into contact with someone who has tested positive and bosses should know this

"The app has nothing to do with it, I was under the impression of if you come into contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid then you would need to isolate

PS it is worrying that bosses are not sticking to the guidelines about this"

But people are also kinda responsible for it as well...always carry a mask and small bottle of hand sanitiser

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS it is worrying that bosses are not sticking to the guidelines about this

But people are also kinda responsible for it as well...always carry a mask and small bottle of hand sanitiser "

Totally agree, however sadly there are bosses about who seem to be making it difficult for people to stay safe

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

I tested positive

And work close to lots at work we are all mask wearers in the main production area some had tests and where negative I'm still recovering but no one at work was made to isolate.

evesham

"I tested positive

And work close to lots at work we are all mask wearers in the main production area some had tests and where negative I'm still recovering but no one at work was made to isolate.

"

Because local track and trace in work places can over ride national track and trace providing they can evidence mitigating factors such as good use of ppe (including people actually wearing it appropriately), social distancing measures etc. The only thing if can't over rude is if you get pinged on thd track and trace app.

Where I work a lot of people had to self Isolate because their phones were left on in their lockers and someone recorded their positive test on the app. They hadn't spent anytime with that person but because their phones had been sat next to each other for a period of time they had to have 10 days off.

Leeds

"I tested positive

Because local track and trace in work places can over ride national track and trace providing they can evidence mitigating factors such as good use of ppe (including people actually wearing it appropriately), social distancing measures etc. The only thing if can't over rude is if you get pinged on thd track and trace app.

Where I work a lot of people had to self Isolate because their phones were left on in their lockers and someone recorded their positive test on the app. They hadn't spent anytime with that person but because their phones had been sat next to each other for a period of time they had to have 10 days off. "

A daughter of a work colleague is a nurse and they have to switch their phones off in the car park and keep them off in their lockers during their shift because of track n trace.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

Go and get a test and then you'll know. he's been and had the test read up

Most people answer from the OP rather than read the whole thread first"

can get a bit frustrating tho

evesham

"I tested positive

Where I work a lot of people had to self Isolate because their phones were left on in their lockers and someone recorded their positive test on the app. They hadn't spent anytime with that person but because their phones had been sat next to each other for a period of time they had to have 10 days off.

A daughter of a work colleague is a nurse and they have to switch their phones off in the car park and keep them off in their lockers during their shift because of track n trace. "

Yeah, we're trying to get them to do that as well now. Hadn't even thought of the app pinging people through cars and lockers before we got involved with PHE.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I tested positive

Where I work a lot of people had to self Isolate because their phones were left on in their lockers and someone recorded their positive test on the app. They hadn't spent anytime with that person but because their phones had been sat next to each other for a period of time they had to have 10 days off. "

Yeah but we have to take some personal responsibility don't we. If we know the app is on our phones and not on our bodies. And we deliberately place our phones next to someone else's... Well we can then say

"ooh stupid track and trace app and the overpaid twats who made it"...

evesham

Also, you can get tests if you don't have symptoms. Either say you have got them or go online and book one saying you LA advised you to get one.

In one postcode in Worcester they're encouraging everyone to get a test as the SA varient has been found there.

evesham

"I tested positive

Yeah but we have to take some personal responsibility don't we. If we know the app is on our phones and not on our bodies. And we deliberately place our phones next to someone else's... Well we can then say

"ooh stupid track and trace app and the overpaid twats who made it"... "

I mean.... You can try but the app tracks your whereabouts and you get calls and texts if it sees you wandering about during your isolation period. I know someone who had it happen. Too many of those and I'd imagine you'd get a knock from the fuzz.

"Also, you can get tests if you don't have symptoms. Either say you have got them or go online and book one saying you LA advised you to get one.

In one postcode in Worcester they're encouraging everyone to get a test as the SA varient has been found there. "

i think this is very much a postcode lottery... in some areas its encouraged in others it isn’t ... and i don’t think lying to get a test is every really the right answer

evesham

"Also, you can get tests if you don't have symptoms. Either say you have got them or go online and book one saying you LA advised you to get one.

In one postcode in Worcester they're encouraging everyone to get a test as the SA varient has been found there.

i think this is very much a postcode lottery... in some areas its encouraged in others it isn’t ... and i don’t think lying to get a test is every really the right answer "

Not even with the high amount of asymptomatic cases in the general population? As I've said before, if weren't for my regular testing I would have gone about my usual business - going to work, shopping for my dad who is shielding etc while all the time spreading the virus. I had zero symptoms.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

do you not have an asymptomatic test centre.. and actually I think if you have been in contact with someone that tested positive you can get a test anyway. People really shouldn't be waiting for symptoms to get tested xx

i think this is very much a postcode lottery... in some areas its encouraged in others it isn’t ... and i don’t think lying to get a test is every really the right answer

Not even with the high amount of asymptomatic cases in the general population? As I've said before, if weren't for my regular testing I would have gone about my usual business - going to work, shopping for my dad who is shielding etc while all the time spreading the virus. I had zero symptoms. "

well the OP should already be at home isolating as a close contact of a positive case , so how would pretending to have symptoms to get a test help , positive or negative results he still needs to stay home ... its just a waste of money and resources

tests should be for people at risk of spreading the illness so if you have symptoms and want to rule out just a normal cold, or where being asymptomatic would mean high risk of infecting other people (so in areas where we know the kent variation is high which will be where these asymptomatic test centres have been set up make sense, or people that work in care and come into regular contact with multiple vulnerable people)

for people already at home isolating and there for the next 10 days it really makes not one iota of difference if we find out that they were asymptomatic because they are not sick so it doesn’t help with treatment and should already be doing all the same steps to prevent spread as a positive case anyway

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

"I tested positive

"ooh stupid track and trace app and the overpaid twats who made it"... "

Definitely why the app has a pause feature isn’t it haha.

OP google the “close contact” rules- it used to be 15 minutes at less than 2 metres at one point. I think now it includes 15 minutes split up during the day. But I’m not 100%.

And testing is definitely post code lottery. x

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

"I was in a similar situation, girl at work tested positive I work in an office. Apparently as I had a mask on I didn’t need to self isolate

Luckily I didn’t catch anything, I have to lateral flow test twice a week as work for NHS.

However I did boot my mum out of my bubble and since this incident I have no bubble

I still don’t understand the logic of it all. I feel it’s best to treat everyone as though they are a leaper! "

Same as us. All covid secure distance wise so shouldn’t be triggered by test and trace even if someone’s positive!

Definitely treat everyone like that have it xx

evesham

Not even with the high amount of asymptomatic cases in the general population? As I've said before, if weren't for my regular testing I would have gone about my usual business - going to work, shopping for my dad who is shielding etc while all the time spreading the virus. I had zero symptoms.

well the OP should already be at home isolating as a close contact of a positive case , so how would pretending to have symptoms to get a test help , positive or negative results he still needs to stay home ... its just a waste of money and resources

tests should be for people at risk of spreading the illness so if you have symptoms and want to rule out just a normal cold, or where being asymptomatic would mean high risk of infecting other people (so in areas where we know the kent variation is high which will be where these asymptomatic test centres have been set up make sense, or people that work in care and come into regular contact with multiple vulnerable people)

for people already at home isolating and there for the next 10 days it really makes not one iota of difference if we find out that they were asymptomatic because they are not sick so it doesn’t help with treatment and should already be doing all the same steps to prevent spread as a positive case anyway "

Except he hadn't been isolating as his company said not to so if he is an asymptomatic positive how many people has he been in contact with between the original person and deciding to Isolate?

In terms of health and safety cost should not be a prohibitive factor.

It's not just the Kent varient where asymptomatic test centres are popping up. As I said, Worcester has been setting up asymptomatic test centres due to the SA varient.

for people already at home isolating and there for the next 10 days it really makes not one iota of difference if we find out that they were asymptomatic because they are not sick so it doesn’t help with treatment and should already be doing all the same steps to prevent spread as a positive case anyway

Except he hadn't been isolating as his company said not to so if he is an asymptomatic positive how many people has he been in contact with between the original person and deciding to Isolate?

In terms of health and safety cost should not be a prohibitive factor.

It's not just the Kent varient where asymptomatic test centres are popping up. As I said, Worcester has been setting up asymptomatic test centres due to the SA varient. "

kent variant or SA variant or local ares where they are seeing a peak of numbers , the asymptomatic test centres are set up for an additional specific purpose ... its not been rolled country wide because at the moment with a lockdown its not needed country wide

no matter what the employer says the OP should be isolating... what his employer is telling him is a clear breach of the rules

if the employer tells him not to isolate when legally obliged to they would just tell them not to get an asymptomatic test either ... we shouldn’t be creating policies based on law breakers ... health and safety exec should be clamping down on them instead

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

If you’ve had direct contact with a positive person you should isolate for 10 days and only have a test if you develop symptoms.

There is no need to do an asymptomatic test as you should be isolating for the full 10 days even if you test negative.

We had to inform our employers of anyone who had been within 1 metre for a minute or more or 2 metres for a longer length of time.

Test and Trace is pointless, people will only be notified if the infected person passes on the contact details of you both have the app and have your phones with you. I know full well someone I’m close to regularly had prolonged contact with me but test and trace told them they’d been in contact with me but weren’t at risk. And someone I see less of was told to isolate. Bizarre.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I had a mate who worked for a similar company, they did nothing with regards to covid. His wife reported them to the HSE, things happened quickly after they threatened to shut him down and give him some very hefty fines.

"ive found out my work mate has tested positive for covid over weekend. Social distancing doesnt happen at our work and the peraon in question has been using my tools and doesnt wear a mask. Work have said that unless comes on test and trace we should be fine, but thats not going to happen as he doesn't have it!!!! "

Check government guidelines and decide for yourself, but sounds like you will need to do the required 10 days...

Another thread of complete nonsense. It's not a judgment call, go on the government website and read the bloody rules for close contact and isolation then isolate. Then tell your employer they have a duty of care that they clearly are not following. They should have a covid risk assessment... which I suggested doesn't include sharing tools... includes track and trace... their own HS guidance on isolation and wearing masks. God help us.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

OP's employer are not following HSE guidance and they are ultimately jeopardising the health and well-being of their employees (and ultimately their families).

Report to HSE so corrective action can be taken and work can continue safely.

Because if they don't take corrective action, the next report may be from the Coroner's Office if an employee dies, and then they will be finished. End of.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

OP Have you had your test result ?

» Add a new message to this topic