FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > What do you think ?

What do you think ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irtyd468 OP   Man  over a year ago

North

I want the vaccine as soon as I can but I wondered what peoples thinking is on having the vaccine for the greater good. Helping to ease the pressure on the NHS or stoping the virus being so dangerous to the vunerable ect.

I think it is a personal choice if you have the vaccine or not but what if you cant travel or wont get a job without having the vaccine. Is this fair ? My thinking is if you dont want the vaccine you have to put up with the restrictions that may go with that choice.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I just think everybody that can have a vaccine probably should.

Even if it doesn't help prevent spread it definitely helps the individual to not get so sick therefore mitigating the risk of overwhelming the NHS.

I often find those that have said they will not have the vaccine are usually the ones that are moaning the most about lockdown and infringement on freedom and I just feel you can't have it both ways.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I will be having the vaccine for the greater good.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

What Lorna and Swing said.

E

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I want the vaccine as soon as I can but I wondered what peoples thinking is on having the vaccine for the greater good. Helping to ease the pressure on the NHS or stoping the virus being so dangerous to the vunerable ect.

I think it is a personal choice if you have the vaccine or not but what if you cant travel or wont get a job without having the vaccine. Is this fair ? My thinking is if you dont want the vaccine you have to put up with the restrictions that may go with that choice.

"

As long as those who choose not to have it know what they are opting out of they can make an informed choice I guess.

You gave to gave vaccines to travel to lots of countries and people do so gladly. I dint see how this is any different. As soon as it starts impacting in their lifestyle choices they'll change their mind about getting it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm having the vaccine for the greater good, to help to protect others, including those who have health issues preventing them from having it. It's up to the rest of us to have it on their behalf and to create a safer environment, to get the country, its health and economy back into strength

I will be having it to hopefully protect me. Not for the greater good.

The people I come into contact with don't give a shit about social distancing etc.

"I will be having it to hopefully protect me. Not for the greater good.

The people I come into contact with don't give a shit about social distancing etc. "

Same.

I am not ashamed to say I am having the vaccine to protect myself and if in the process it helps to protect others then that's even better but not my main aim.

The people I come into contact with don't give a shit about social distancing etc.

Same.

I am not ashamed to say I am having the vaccine to protect myself and if in the process it helps to protect others then that's even better but not my main aim."

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I am having mine on Thursday very happy about it and want all in the UK to get vaccinated then worry about the rest of the world.

If we help other countries it should be poor third world countries not the incompitents of the EU or the States etc.

I am sure we will do the right thing

The people I come into contact with don't give a shit about social distancing etc. "

Oh come on you can’t pass up the chance of a bit of virtue signaling

By *athan 123Man  over a year ago

rochdale oldham border

Great

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

Everyone has a personal choice to do what they want. Until their choice has an effect on others.

Does anyone know how badly someone is affected by the virus after they have had the vaccine? Is there any proof that it won't still cause hospitalisation? Because if the vaccine can't stop transmission and there is no proof as yet that post vaccine people won't still end up hospitalised by catching it, isn't it possible that the NHS will still be under huge pressure that's only alleviated by lockdowns?

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

"Does anyone know how badly someone is affected by the virus after they have had the vaccine? Is there any proof that it won't still cause hospitalisation? Because if the vaccine can't stop transmission and there is no proof as yet that post vaccine people won't still end up hospitalised by catching it, isn't it possible that the NHS will still be under huge pressure that's only alleviated by lockdowns? "

My dad, 54, had the vaccine over 21 days ago (work not vulnerable) and still had an A&E trip last week that they can only put down to covid. (Sats at 89%, couldn’t get breath, tested positive and no comorbidities). Wasn’t admitted after IV antibiotics.

Obviously can’t say it it helped or not... but interesting! x

"Does anyone know how badly someone is affected by the virus after they have had the vaccine? Is there any proof that it won't still cause hospitalisation? Because if the vaccine can't stop transmission and there is no proof as yet that post vaccine people won't still end up hospitalised by catching it, isn't it possible that the NHS will still be under huge pressure that's only alleviated by lockdowns? "

I know 2 people that have tested positive after the vaccine one tested positive 12 days after on the other nearly 3 weeks after.

One was a symptomatic and only had a test because he has them for work. And the other described feeling crap but ok.

Both have now fully recovered and are back at work.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The reason that vaccinations will make such a huge difference is that they reduce the amount of time it takes for your body to deal with the virus. This results in an infected person being infected for less time,and consequently infectious for less time. If you are infectious for less time, there is less opportunity to pass it on. The vaccine will also reduce the severity of any infection, resulting in less load on health services and much fewer deaths.

Obviously nothing is 100% effective, and some people will still get poorly, but things will be loads better.

Cal

» Add a new message to this topic