FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Prison

Prison

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iker boy 69 OP   Man  over a year ago

midlands

So, you can face upto 10 years in nick for lying about if youve come back from a code red list country on your paperwork, but the programme ive just watched shows you can abuse kids, make and distribute vids etc, and walk away with a rehab order for 2 years. Ffs, this country really needs to sort its justice system out cuz its going beyond stupid,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"So, you can face upto 10 years in nick for lying about if youve come back from a code red list country on your paperwork, but the programme ive just watched shows you can abuse kids, make and distribute vids etc, and walk away with a rehab order for 2 years. Ffs, this country really needs to sort its justice system out cuz its going beyond stupid, "
Give them all ten years

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

What you in for “ I murdered my ex wife got 10 years. You ? I went to Ibiza , same 10 years,Man that Judge certainly don’t like the party crowd

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What you in for “ I murdered my ex wife got 10 years. You ? I went to Ibiza , same 10 years,Man that Judge certainly don’t like the party crowd "

Except Ibiza isn't on the list of countries.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"What you in for “ I murdered my ex wife got 10 years. You ? I went to Ibiza , same 10 years,Man that Judge certainly don’t like the party crowd "

By *usybee73Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

Has it been voted in by Parliament and House of Lords or just the normal pr bullshit?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's the standard 10 year term headline number they always use. It's not even before the government yet.

The seriousness of protecting borders is shown by the fact that nothing has happened for a year, with isolation in hotels.

Smoke and mirrors

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It's the standard 10 year term headline number they always use. It's not even before the government yet.

The seriousness of protecting borders is shown by the fact that nothing has happened for a year, with isolation in hotels.

Smoke and mirrors "

"We will be seen to be doing something"

"So, you can face upto 10 years in nick for lying about if youve come back from a code red list country on your paperwork, but the programme ive just watched shows you can abuse kids, make and distribute vids etc, and walk away with a rehab order for 2 years. Ffs, this country really needs to sort its justice system out cuz its going beyond stupid, "

Haven't you noticed? The internet doesn't hate paedophiles any more, it's people who don't wear masks and don't stay in doors all the time.

Ain’t it up to ten years but don’t let that stop the truth

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Because there's loads of space for this in the orisin system

As someone else has said the sentences for far worse crimes are often far less. It's a ridiculous headline trying to show how serious the government are taking things. Smoke and mirrors.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

It would be cheaper for the government to pay the £1750 quarantine cost that to keep someone in prison for ten years

I think it’s to make sure people abide to the rules and don’t just try to cheat their way in, I think it’s fair enough. They probably would never give 10 years in prison, but imagine 6-1 year in prison because of it. That’d make you think twice to conceal and find a way not to come in properly.

(I bet people already thought to either stop somewhere in Europe and find their way in via train or car)

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Its a tarriff. It can be UPTO ten years, not a mandatory sentence.

If someone keeps committing the offence, then the sentence severity will increase.

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Nobody will get 10 years for an incorrect form, nobody.

This is just a Government simply making headlines to appear as if their being hard on protecting our borders to get media attention away from their total lax attitude that has prevailed for a whole year.

Piers Morgans first question to Grant Shapps this morning was good.

"Given that people now face 10 years imprisonment for lying on a Covid form, what punishment could be fit for Government decisions that has led to the needless deaths of thousands of people."

Unsurprisingly Mr Shapps didn't address the actual question

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

You are comparing the maximum sentence for one, with the minimum sentence for the other.

It is a sentencing guideline.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"It's the standard 10 year term headline number they always use. It's not even before the government yet.

Smoke and mirrors "

That doesn't sound like them

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Interesting that the same people on here who criticise everything and especially the lack of enforcement. Are now criticising the enforcement.

"Interesting that the same people on here who criticise everything and especially the lack of enforcement. Are now criticising the enforcement. "

Haha

Bang on there, chap.

Manchester (she/her)

"Interesting that the same people on here who criticise everything and especially the lack of enforcement. Are now criticising the enforcement. "

I think enforcement is a good thing.

I think the usual rhetoric applying to it is crap, as I do with any of the usual rhetoric.

liverpool

I think its rather the ridiculous headlines people are criticising tbf.

Absolutely spot on. Same happened yesterday with the quarantine price

Manchester (she/her)

It's almost as if things are multifaceted and there's wiggle room for debate and disagreement.

Tin town

"It's almost as if things are multifaceted and there's wiggle room for debate and disagreement."

Of course they are but moat of the comments are blunt binary and very clearly have not recognised the complexity of then situation that you just described, nor the fact one size does not fit all.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's almost as if things are multifaceted and there's wiggle room for debate and disagreement.

Of course they are but moat of the comments are blunt binary and very clearly have not recognised the complexity of then situation that you just described, nor the fact one size does not fit all. "

Nuance in forum comments is often a lot to ask for!

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

It is about time! This should have happened, alongside mandatory quarantine, in March/April last year.

We needed decisive leadership and we got Boris Johnson and a Cabinet of yes men/women (for sole reason they supported Brexit).

Seen so many people saying “nobody else could have done better” but how do they/we know? We can never know. The implication is normally a dig a Jeremy Corbin. I am no fan but again, we have no way of knowing how he would have handled Covid.

When you are in a crisis you beed someone prepared to take tough decisions, quickly, and own the consequences.

Again, no fan, but Maggie Thatcher was the type we needed. BJ is totally hopeless.

Anyway back in topic - up to 10 yrs ought to be sufficient deterrent but it really is too late (better late than never I guess).

Tin town

"It's almost as if things are multifaceted and there's wiggle room for debate and disagreement.

Of course they are but moat of the comments are blunt binary and very clearly have not recognised the complexity of then situation that you just described, nor the fact one size does not fit all.

Nuance in forum comments is often a lot to ask for!"

Intelligence isn't. Forum uses words. Let's choose to use the right ones. And try our best not to contradict our own words.

Manchester (she/her)

Intelligence isn't. Forum uses words. Let's choose to use the right ones. And try our best not to contradict our own words. "

I'm doing my best.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Ludicrous! X

liverpool

"It is about time! This should have happened, alongside mandatory quarantine, in March/April last year.

We needed decisive leadership and we got Boris Johnson and a Cabinet of yes men/women (for sole reason they supported Brexit).

Seen so many people saying “nobody else could have done better” but how do they/we know? We can never know. The implication is normally a dig a Jeremy Corbin. I am no fan but again, we have no way of knowing how he would have handled Covid.

When you are in a crisis you beed someone prepared to take tough decisions, quickly, and own the consequences.

Again, no fan, but Maggie Thatcher was the type we needed. BJ is totally hopeless.

Anyway back in topic - up to 10 yrs ought to be sufficient deterrent but it really is too late (better late than never I guess)."

10 years is a harsher sentence that what a paedophile would get.

I'm going to thow it out there, that no one will receive a 10 year sentence.

Tin town

Intelligence isn't. Forum uses words. Let's choose to use the right ones. And try our best not to contradict our own words.

I'm doing my best. "

That's all we can do. And should expect of anyone else.

Brighton

"It is about time! This should have happened, alongside mandatory quarantine, in March/April last year.

Anyway back in topic - up to 10 yrs ought to be sufficient deterrent but it really is too late (better late than never I guess).

I'm going to thow it out there, that no one will receive a 10 year sentence."

Agreed! It is meant to be a deterrent and a headline grabber to appeal to voters.

Tin town

I'm going to thow it out there, that no one will receive a 10 year sentence."

1. How many offenders ever receive the maximum tariff?

2. Which precise offence regarding paedophilia are you referring to? Its a very broad label and covers many offences from sharing photos to considerably worse.

3. If the max of 10 years is wrong. Then what sentence is the right one?

Manchester (she/her)

[Removed by poster at 10/02/21 11:14:53]

Manchester (she/her)

I think the whole conversation is based on emotional appeals. "This (cultural trope of stuff everyone hates) gets (sometimes) less time (under some circumstances) than (this new thing) gets under its proposed maximum! It's terrible, everything is broken!"

Such is often the nature of public discourse around the criminal law.

Tin town

Anyway back in topic - up to 10 yrs ought to be sufficient deterrent but it really is too late (better late than never I guess)."

Absolutely agree with you. It's a national emergency and requires strong and at times (probably most of the time) unpopular leadership. Make the right decisions not the popular decisions. And Thatcher or even Blair would have been better than this shower. Shows how far political leadership has fallen. Ironically after a year of warming up they seem to be getting some things right now.

liverpool

2. Which precise offence regarding paedophilia are you referring to? Its a very broad label and covers many offences from sharing photos to considerably worse.

3. If the max of 10 years is wrong. Then what sentence is the right one? "

I don't know but I suspect the 10 years is simply an excuse in headline grabbing.

Tin town

I don't know but I suspect the 10 years is simply an excuse in headline grabbing."

So would you have rather they did nothing? . Theyve said maximum 10 years and you think that is wrong because it is in the headlines . So what in your opinion is the right thing.? Which presumably is something which does not make the news?

liverpool

I don't know but I suspect the 10 years is simply an excuse in headline grabbing.

So would you have rather they did nothing? . Theyve said maximum 10 years and you think that is wrong because it is in the headlines . So what in your opinion is the right thing.? Which presumably is something which does not make the news?

"

At no point did I say they should do nothing.

At no point did I say it shouldnt be in the papers.

I said it was headline grabbing.

It's something boris does a lot.

He makes a lot of noise and strives for the headlines,whereas as always the reality is somewhat different.

I'd rather they came out with a realistic deterrent.

Brighton

Absolutely agree with you. It's a national emergency and requires strong and at times (probably most of the time) unpopular leadership. Make the right decisions not the popular decisions. And Thatcher or even Blair would have been better than this shower. Shows how far political leadership has fallen. Ironically after a year of warming up they seem to be getting some things right now. "

Love them or hate them both Thatcher and Blair would have handled Covid Crisis better. Heck John Major or Gordon Brown would have handled it better. Actually you know what? A monkey would have handled it better.

It is very clear that this current shower led by shower-in-chief Johnson have prevaricated on almost every tough decision that doesn’t provide a clear way to monetise the situation to their own or cronies benefit. Some ppl have made a LOT of money out of this emergency and strangely the trail keeps leading back to the same groups!

Herne Bay

Ex Judge Lord sumption and former law chief Dominic Grieve blast inhumane and draconian 10 year jail term for travellers who lie ,lord sumption has suggested Monsters where unfit to hold office over the decision

Manchester (she/her)

"Ex Judge Lord sumption and former law chief Dominic Grieve blast inhumane and draconian 10 year jail term for travellers who lie ,lord sumption has suggested Monsters where unfit to hold office over the decision "

Waaah it's inhumane to not be able to lie to immigration officials. My human rights!

Herne Bay

"Ex Judge Lord sumption and former law chief Dominic Grieve blast inhumane and draconian 10 year jail term for travellers who lie ,lord sumption has suggested Monsters where unfit to hold office over the decision

Waaah it's inhumane to not be able to lie to immigration officials. My human rights!"

That was ministers or was monster the right word ?

Manchester (she/her)

"Ex Judge Lord sumption and former law chief Dominic Grieve blast inhumane and draconian 10 year jail term for travellers who lie ,lord sumption has suggested Monsters where unfit to hold office over the decision

Waaah it's inhumane to not be able to lie to immigration officials. My human rights! That was ministers or was monster the right word ? "

Oh how monstrous. A country wanting to know about those who enter its borders. Never have I heard of such an outrageous thing. Next thing we know cats will be marrying dogs and society as we know it will be over.

Tin town

At no point did I say they should do nothing.

At no point did I say it shouldnt be in the papers.

I said it was headline grabbing.

It's something boris does a lot.

He makes a lot of noise and strives for the headlines,whereas as always the reality is somewhat different.

I'd rather they came out with a realistic deterrent.

"

So 10 years is not a deterrent?

Im confused as you say they should do something but that 10 years presumably is not acceptable to you. So would should the deterrent be?

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 10/02/21 12:18:24]

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

I have no problem with that though as others have said the sentence needs to be proportionate so absolutely the other offences need the same tariff or more. However, this does not mean I think the 10-year sentence for spreading a different strain of the virus into another country is unfair.. its very fair I think.. a bit lenient even?

Herne Bay

Waaah it's inhumane to not be able to lie to immigration officials. My human rights! That was ministers or was monster the right word ?

Oh how monstrous. A country wanting to know about those who enter its borders. Never have I heard of such an outrageous thing. Next thing we know cats will be marrying dogs and society as we know it will be over."

The point they was making was the 10 year Jail sentence for lies

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

By *ndy64hMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

Can I just say that these are guidelines for the judges, and not a standard sentence, just the same as all criminal offences, the judges are given guidelines to the length of sentence they can hand out in accordance with the crime committed. I think we're all overreacting a bit, and should use so common sense.

Manchester (she/her)

Waaah it's inhumane to not be able to lie to immigration officials. My human rights! That was ministers or was monster the right word ?

Oh how monstrous. A country wanting to know about those who enter its borders. Never have I heard of such an outrageous thing. Next thing we know cats will be marrying dogs and society as we know it will be over. The point they was making was the 10 year Jail sentence for lies"

What, like fraud, which is similarly about lies, and similarly carries up to ten years imprisonment?

» Add a new message to this topic