FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > India cricket

India cricket

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ebjonnson OP   Man  over a year ago

Maldon

Quite a few fans there. Nice to see & hope it’s safe?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Cricket! Some callous people about. Don't they know we are struggling for our very survival?

Have they not seen the ads on television? Also ads on Spotify shown every ten minutes.

People are dying and they are playing cricket. Quarantine on return? Hotel bill for one thousand seven hundred and fifty pounds on return?

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Cricket! Some callous people about. Don't they know we are struggling for our very survival?

Have they not seen the ads on television? Also ads on Spotify shown every ten minutes.

People are dying and they are playing cricket. Quarantine on return? Hotel bill for one thousand seven hundred and fifty pounds on return? "

Is India on the red list?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is it 15% capacity allowed in but they're all crammed in together. May as well have full capacity if they're not going to spread people out.

OK! They had to quarantine on arrival in India so I'm sure it will be the same on return if that makes you happier.

"Cricket! Some callous people about. Don't they know we are struggling for our very survival?

People are dying and they are playing cricket. Quarantine on return? Hotel bill for one thousand seven hundred and fifty pounds on return? "

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

They will have to quarantine at home in England but not in a hotel.

North Yorkshire

This is what happened last year. People flying around the world in and out of the UK. Spreading the virus. Taking journeys that in the official government language are "not esential'

North Yorkshire

Kids are locked out of school. It is on the cards that the kids will effectively miss 3 years of schooling. And yet a couple of dozen men can swan off to India to play a game of cricket. As if nothing has happened. A lot of people in this country are literally hanging by their fingertips on the edge of a crumbling precipice.

Falkirk

"Kids are locked out of school. It is on the cards that the kids will effectively miss 3 years of schooling. And yet a couple of dozen men can swan off to India to play a game of cricket. As if nothing has happened. A lot of people in this country are literally hanging by their fingertips on the edge of a crumbling precipice. "

But if they follow the rules and correctly and isolate on thier return, then they won't breaking any rules.

"This is what happened last year. People flying around the world in and out of the UK. Spreading the virus. Taking journeys that in the official government language are "not esential' "

You do know that elite sport has been carrying on internationally since June and not just cricket

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

All professional sport should be cancelled. For example footballers travelling all over the country is ridiculous. Lots of outbreaks at clubs and we can't even see our granddaughter

the Indian people seem to be having a good time watching the game.. jealous of them.. unlike football not a mask in sight.. Makes me quite emotional but differently to some on this thread

d

By *yes146Man  over a year ago

London / Bournemouth

"the Indian people seem to be having a good time watching the game.. jealous of them.. unlike football not a mask in sight.. Makes me quite emotional but differently to some on this thread

d"

Spot on !!!!

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"This is what happened last year. People flying around the world in and out of the UK. Spreading the virus. Taking journeys that in the official government language are "not esential' "

What about captain Tom he went to Barbados and your not ment to fly then the press had him a hero and his family went along for the freebie on British Airways

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

When Captain Tom went in December you were allowed to fly

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

"Kids are locked out of school. It is on the cards that the kids will effectively miss 3 years of schooling. And yet a couple of dozen men can swan off to India to play a game of cricket. As if nothig has happened. A lot of people in this country are literally hanging by their fingertips on the edge of a crumbling precipice. "

The England cricket team have been away in Asia for about 5 weeks and have played 3 test matches already. 2 in Sri Lanka and 1 last weekend in India. This is the first one that spectators have been allowed.

The cricketers are in their own secure bubble with just the players, officials etc all in the same hotel. None of them has been in contact with any other person whilst away. The England team also had to self isolate on their own for 6 days when landing in India from Sri Lanka.

The English cricket team have been playing cricket since August without a single case of Covid or a breach of breaking any Covid rules.

I for one am enjoying watching it on the telly.

hear hear.. gives a warm glow and that's not just getting glimpses of the Indian ocean

d

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Would folk moan so much if it was football?

I think not.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Why can't people understand we have a global pandemic and globally number of deaths is few million should this not be seen as a warning to stay home protect

Falkirk

"Why can't people understand we have a global pandemic and globally number of deaths is few million should this not be seen as a warning to stay home protect "

Because the laws and guidelines allow it.

"Don't hate the players, hate the game as" they say.

That said the wicket is playing like a day four track. England will struggle against the Indian spin attack.

300 for 6 India first innings

"300 for 6 India first innings "

Big score on that track. Seen and played on better wickets in the local park.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Would folk moan so much if it was football?

I think not. "

or rugby

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

"Kids are locked out of school. It is on the cards that the kids will effectively miss 3 years of schooling. And yet a couple of dozen men can swan off to India to play a game of cricket. As if nothig has happened. A lot of people in this country are literally hanging by their fingertips on the edge of a crumbling precipice.

The England cricket team have been away in Asia for about 5 weeks and have played 3 test matches already. 2 in Sri Lanka and 1 last weekend in India. This is the first one that spectators have been allowed.

The cricketers are in their own secure bubble with just the players, officials etc all in the same hotel. None of them has been in contact with any other person whilst away. The England team also had to self isolate on their own for 6 days when landing in India from Sri Lanka.

The English cricket team have been playing cricket since August without a single case of Covid or a breach of breaking any Covid rules.

I for one am enjoying watching it on the telly. "

I agree with you but there have been breaches - Archer missed a test last summer because he left the bio secure bubble to pop home between tests and Moeen tested positive at the start of the Indian leg of the tour.

"Would folk moan so much if it was football?

I think not. or rugby

"

Ironically the English and Scottish teams last week entered the field of play from different areas and stood 2m apart for the National Anthems. The first maul happened within 30 seconds of lick off in which 10 blokes collapsed in a heap.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Kids are locked out of school ! Go tell that to my school teacher sister whos worked every damned day shes been asked educating key worker and vulnerable children .

Newcastle

"Why can't people understand we have a global pandemic and globally number of deaths is few million should this not be seen as a warning to stay home protect

"Don't hate the players, hate the game as" they say. "

If the same government told people to jump would you jump or ask how high and it has nothing to do with hating it's about common knowledge by number of deaths

Having live sports on TV is one of the things that keeps me sane in this lockdown.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Virat Kohli’s face when he got bowled tho h.

"Virat Kohli’s face when he got bowled tho h. "

Nearly but not quite Gattingesk ........

wolverhampton

"Virat Kohli’s face when he got bowled tho h.

Nearly but not quite Gattingesk ........"

It was a look of “They’ve come to see me bat, not see you bowl”

Falkirk

"Why can't people understand we have a global pandemic and globally number of deaths is few million should this not be seen as a warning to stay home protect

If the same government told people to jump would you jump or ask how high and it has nothing to do with hating it's about common knowledge by number of deaths"

So we just do what we like then, and ignore any goverment guidelines....

Oh wait

It was a look of “They’ve come to see me bat, not see you bowl” "

But I think after the last defeat the wicket has been manufactured to suit the home side! Nowt we would not do!

wolverhampton

But I think after the last defeat the wicket has been manufactured to suit the home side! Nowt we would not do!"

Exactly. Ravi Ashwin will be a handful on this pitch.

But I think after the last defeat the wicket has been manufactured to suit the home side! Nowt we would not do!

Exactly. Ravi Ashwin will be a handful on this pitch."

As an aging former quickie we sometimes forget the artistry of the leggies and Offys

wolverhampton

Exactly. Ravi Ashwin will be a handful on this pitch.

As an aging former quickie we sometimes forget the artistry of the leggies and Offys "

Especially on the Subcontinent

[Removed by poster at 13/02/21 15:32:24]

Newcastle

If the same government told people to jump would you jump or ask how high and it has nothing to do with hating it's about common knowledge by number of deaths

So we just do what we like then, and ignore any goverment guidelines....

Oh wait "

It's not about ignoring government guidelines because they have been wrong too but knowing oh wait by their professional opinion we have reached the most number of deaths so I need to think and avoid people to protect against virus but people who don't use common knowledge it can only make it in to a better world with thoughtful people who have consideration of others

By *eaky00Man  over a year ago

Norfolk

"

. "

Incorrect. Moeen Ali tested positive for Covid upon arrival in Sri Lanka .

Near Wells

"

Incorrect. Moeen Ali tested positive for Covid upon arrival in Sri Lanka . "

Oops, I forgot about Moen

Professional sport should not be knocked for being played as long as the rules are followed , but quite rightly breaches should be punished properly..

We all know the impact lockdown can have on mental health and kids schooling is very much at the front of all of our concerns..My son has been home schooling and missing the interaction of social contact with his mates....however he just spent the afternoon face timing with his mates from the school rugby team with the match on in the background as they watched it together..the massive positive impact it had was obvious..the whoops, the ahhhs and even the odd explicit!!!

Bring it on

By *irtyd468Man  over a year ago

North

I cant believe they moved Sunday Brunch again this week

Near Wells

I suspect England would wish the game to be cancelled now

By *perfectpair5050Couple  over a year ago

marlbourgh

I think live professional sport on at the moment is a positive thing in lockdown as long as they all follow the rules I don’t see a problem with it

By *ldaCouple  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

I do feel some on here would quite happily burn witches back in the day

"

I for one am enjoying watching it on the telly. "

Aside Moeen Ali of course.

So am I

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Sport is fine but don't know about spectators I know it's summer in India but the amount of spectators there was to meany and most will have traveled by train

» Add a new message to this topic