FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > reporting procedure

reporting procedure

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usybee73 OP   Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

walking the dog this morning (yes up at first light sighs) and usually see the same people doing the same thing etc. usually chat to an old boy whose fairly pleasant, this morning he wasnt his usual self, asked if anything was wrong and he replied down his road was a party going on till early hours, said he wanted to report it for obvious reasons. he rang 101 and they took details but noone came out, so couple of hours later he tried again, only no one answered ... puzzled i said how many times did you try. he replied 3 or 4 times as didnt want to use the 999 number, which i could see why.

so what else could he of done? does the 101 service stop at a certain time?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Perhaps the police were already out breaking up other parties or responding to emergency calls. There's not an infinite number of police officers in each area.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Spread thin maybe, police not party goers

"walking the dog this morning (yes up at first light sighs) and usually see the same people doing the same thing etc. usually chat to an old boy whose fairly pleasant, this morning he wasnt his usual self, asked if anything was wrong and he replied down his road was a party going on till early hours, said he wanted to report it for obvious reasons. he rang 101 and they took details but noone came out, so couple of hours later he tried again, only no one answered ... puzzled i said how many times did you try. he replied 3 or 4 times as didnt want to use the 999 number, which i could see why.

so what else could he of done? does the 101 service stop at a certain time? "

It doesn't stop at a certain time but it gets very busy and there often aren't enough operators. I've called it and been put on hold before. It's why there's an option to report online aswell, it's easier to man.

in the sticks

"walking the dog this morning (yes up at first light sighs) and usually see the same people doing the same thing etc. usually chat to an old boy whose fairly pleasant, this morning he wasnt his usual self, asked if anything was wrong and he replied down his road was a party going on till early hours, said he wanted to report it for obvious reasons. he rang 101 and they took details but noone came out, so couple of hours later he tried again, only no one answered ... puzzled i said how many times did you try. he replied 3 or 4 times as didnt want to use the 999 number, which i could see why.

so what else could he of done? does the 101 service stop at a certain time?

It doesn't stop at a certain time but it gets very busy and there often aren't enough operators. I've called it and been put on hold before. It's why there's an option to report online aswell, it's easier to man. "

i did mention online, but as elderly mumbled and gave me the 300 yard stare

can understand about lack of staff or being busy as dont know whats happening in the next town or county ... i guess those who were at the party went home, potentially passed it on to relatives and so on

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Maybe they were busy apprehending burglars,investigating muggings or preventing violent crimes taking place .

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

The police aren't an infinite resource, they were stretched pretty thin before the Apocalypse.

Realistically they aren't going to arrive in a cop car with the siten blaring every time someone reports an alledged covid breach.

I can understand your neighbour being upset but if you've ever had to report ASB prior to covid youll know the responses times to these calls aren't a priority.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

After 10 years of austerity it doesn't take much to work out where the police are, early retirement.

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

torremolinos

Easiest thing to do is take a video or photos then report it to your local council on the anti social behaviour link.

This way you aren’t taking the police away from more urgent things but are allowing the council to know where problematic people live

Generally depends on the area you live in. Our local force has dedicated covid patrols that work 24/7 for this kind of thing, but then we’re on the outskirts of a major town in our county. Most forces took the £30 million lump sum for covid from the government and pumped it into proactive policing around violent crime and county lines drug dealing as they’ve never had any help with it. More rural locations won’t get anywhere near the patrols they need.

Best bet is to report it to the council as another user said. They have noise nuisance patrols that could box all the covid stuff off too.

Yes and while the government has us all telling tales on each other. My wife and I had our home broken into the other day and as we have security the police where information while the crime was in progress and yet still didn't get there until after they had taken what they wanted and left. You should not be the eyes and ears of a failed state.

Just think of it this way. If the house is pumpin then covid already be jumpin. Just ignore it and let them face their own consequences.

in the sticks

oh i know its all about limited resources and staff isolating ...

if it happened to me i would of gone out and knocked on the door, probably would of got abuse etc

but this chap is mid 70s if not older, think he was probably more worried about the cars, as idiots would no doubt would of played loud music in cars etc

problem with council, is many years ago i had an issue and got in contact but have to keep a diary etc and done over several months. so a bit toothless at best

» Add a new message to this topic