FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 1st vaccination thoughts

1st vaccination thoughts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Had my 1st jab today (O/A). Having read the forum over the past few weeks a couple of thoughts have crossed my mind.

1) Speaking with friends that have in the past tested + and have since received their 1st jab, a significant percentage said they got side effects from the jab. I'm wondering if this is due to them already having antibodies, so their 1st jab was like a double whammy so to speak?

2) Is there any significant percentage increase of side effects of those having the 2 jabs within the original 21 day gap, and those having the 2 jabs within the 12 week gap?

It's just curiosity on my part, either way it won't stop me having my 2nd jab. The sense of relief when that needle went in was amazing, and I have nothing but admiration and total respect for the organisational skills of everyone in the NHS involved in this amazing roll out.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I know a couple of people who have had both their vaccines and even though side effect very mild, Both said they self worse after their second jab.

I've also heard lots of people who have had covid who seem to have slightly worse side effects than those that haven't so I guess it would make sense that it has to do with the anti bodies.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I have had covid but over a year before I had my vaccine... I did have side effects for about a week but not major ones.. incredibly sore arm...and the exhaustion I'd suffered when I was recovering from covid seemed to return.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

It seems the AZ vaccine is inclined to give more side effects albeit shortlived.

I'm working at a mass vaccination centre and it's an amazing collaborative project. Huge numbers of NHS staff but also firefighters, St John's, local authority staff and so many volunteers from a variety of backgrounds. It's an honour to be part of it

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"It seems the AZ vaccine is inclined to give more side effects albeit shortlived.

I'm working at a mass vaccination centre and it's an amazing collaborative project. Huge numbers of NHS staff but also firefighters, St John's, local authority staff and so many volunteers from a variety of backgrounds. It's an honour to be part of it"

it really is an honour to be part of it x

"It seems the AZ vaccine is inclined to give more side effects albeit shortlived.

I'm working at a mass vaccination centre and it's an amazing collaborative project. Huge numbers of NHS staff but also firefighters, St John's, local authority staff and so many volunteers from a variety of backgrounds. It's an honour to be part of it"

Nothing but total respect for you and all the others involved in this battle.

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Had my 1st jab today (O/A). Having read the forum over the past few weeks a couple of thoughts have crossed my mind.

1) Speaking with friends that have in the past tested + and have since received their 1st jab, a significant percentage said they got side effects from the jab. I'm wondering if this is due to them already having antibodies, so their 1st jab was like a double whammy so to speak?

2) Is there any significant percentage increase of side effects of those having the 2 jabs within the original 21 day gap, and those having the 2 jabs within the 12 week gap?

It's just curiosity on my part, either way it won't stop me having my 2nd jab. The sense of relief when that needle went in was amazing, and I have nothing but admiration and total respect for the organisational skills of everyone in the NHS involved in this amazing roll out."

Good to hear you got your jab. I did hear on the news a few days ago that WHO are now saying delaying the second jab like what is being done in the UK can actually make it more effective.

Getting second vaccine tuesday ,work in pfizer they starting second phase last week and it seems the second jab knocks you big time for 36/48 hours ..

My wife is convinced she had COVID just after getting back from the states end of February

She had her first jab a week ago and was very ill for 48 hrs so we think that people who have already had it do react

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Had mine Thursday that night was shivering and aching all over gone by the morning but arm still a bit sore.Just one of those things I guess

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Had mine, arm a bit saw and a little headache a couple of hours later but fine.

By *edheadsruleCouple  over a year ago

lancashire

I had mine yesterday, today my arm is so very sore and I feel a bit ropy, but to be honest ive had worse hangovers, definitely worth it

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

I had mine 5 weeks ago, had no side affects at all, slightly sore arm but otherwise wouldn't have know I had had it.

k

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You're not getting the live virus, it's just your body's reaction to something that's entered it initially. It takes time for your body to produce its reactions that are reflective of the virus having caused some of the later immune system response that the vaccines have catalysed us to, including antibodies production.

NHS nurse n vaccinator here.

Oaz vaccine more side effects..but whatever they are, are better than the virus .

Hope you're ok op

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Had my Astra zenaca yesterday, slight headache, so all good and thanks everyone for what you do for us x

"NHS nurse n vaccinator here.

Oaz vaccine more side effects..but whatever they are, are better than the virus .

Hope you're ok op"

Thanks, have to say I had possibly the worst nights sleep I've ever had. Alternating between cold and shivering, and baking hot and sweating, and a constant thumping headache, feel much better now. So was it worth getting the shot.... Hell yes!! Roll on my 2nd one.

By *onyDunnMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

Had my jab about 6 weeks ago. No side effects except for a craving after about 3 weeks for freedom. Weather put paid to that but now I am getting a very strong and powerful urge to go dogging.

» Add a new message to this topic