FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Not sure I can carry on being a hca

Not sure I can carry on being a hca

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Feeling down with all this ..looking after the frail is taking the toll..im normally strong ..Happy face everyday..now I feel drained..sorry not a rant..just understanding

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm sorry you are feeling like that but I understand why you are.

Firstly thank you for everything you are doing, it is a fantastic job that you do in the best of times but even more so now.

We all have burnout from time to time so that is perfectly OK and it is definitely heightened because of what you do.

I hope you are looking after yourself as best you can and I'm not sure if this will help but are you able to take any holiday to give you a bit of a rest?

X

By *llabouttheladyMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Stay strong

You can do it

You are doing great

It’s not easy, I know, but keep going.

What you do is vital to patients, families, colleagues and the service your trust provides.

Keep going, it will get better xxx

"I'm sorry you are feeling like that but I understand why you are.

Firstly thank you for everything you are doing, it is a fantastic job that you do in the best of times but even more so now.

We all have burnout from time to time so that is perfectly OK and it is definitely heightened because of what you do.

I hope you are looking after yourself as best you can and I'm not sure if this will help but are you able to take any holiday to give you a bit of a rest?

X"

thank you x all leave is suspended for now ..

"Stay strong

You can do it

You are doing great

It’s not easy, I know, but keep going.

What you do is vital to patients, families, colleagues and the service your trust provides.

Keep going, it will get better xxx"

good times are on the horizon..its just the path to there for my patients and me x

"I'm sorry you are feeling like that but I understand why you are.

X thank you x all leave is suspended for now .."

Oh thats a shame

I really hope you get a good rest very soon. X

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Sending you virtual hugs. I totally understand how exhausting this has been for everyone in your position. All I can say is the work you do is amazing and makes a huge difference

Xx

You do a role that makes an immense difference. Times are hard and many are questioning their worth right now. If you need to chat feel free to msg me, I have broad shoulders, and are happy to listen anytime.

My son is a trainee nurse.

He has had the same thoughts and been burnt out. But he has worked through it in the knowledge that he is making a difference.

His worst day was 3 in body bags in 8 hrs.

I work in a care home and I hear you

Keep going

There will be light at the end of the tunnel, maybe not quite yet, but it's coming

"Sending you virtual hugs. I totally understand how exhausting this has been for everyone in your position. All I can say is the work you do is amazing and makes a huge difference

Xx"

thank you x

"You do a role that makes an immense difference. Times are hard and many are questioning their worth right now. If you need to chat feel free to msg me, I have broad shoulders, and are happy to listen anytime."
thanks tho I probably break down

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"Feeling down with all this ..looking after the frail is taking the toll..im normally strong ..Happy face everyday..now I feel drained..sorry not a rant..just understanding "

For what you do a huge thank you. People lije you are amazing

Simply cannot imagine how hard this past year has been.

"My son is a trainee nurse.

He has had the same thoughts and been burnt out. But he has worked through it in the knowledge that he is making a difference.

His worst day was 3 in body bags in 8 hrs.

"

its so sad ..salute to your son

"I work in a care home and I hear you

Keep going

There will be light at the end of the tunnel, maybe not quite yet, but it's coming "

you too ..salute xx

"Feeling down with all this ..looking after the frail is taking the toll..im normally strong ..Happy face everyday..now I feel drained..sorry not a rant..just understanding

For what you do a huge thank you. People lije you are amazing

Simply cannot imagine how hard this past year has been."

thank you

spent months working on test centres hope we not sending too many your way soon

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Ohh well.. It can't be tick tock videos everyday..

"Sending you virtual hugs. I totally understand how exhausting this has been for everyone in your position. All I can say is the work you do is amazing and makes a huge difference

Xx"

thank you x

I work in a hospital and I can tell you at the moment we all feel like that,but keep strong and carry on one more push

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Feeling down with all this ..looking after the frail is taking the toll..im normally strong ..Happy face everyday..now I feel drained..sorry not a rant..just understanding "

Oh my... I have no idea how you guys do what you do. But you are amazing... Just pause for a moment and think why you chose to do what you do. If the answer is still the same you'll find the strength somehow I'm sure. Thanks. You're a star.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I know exactly how you are feeling. We have lost so many. It is heartbreaking and soul destroying. All our annual leave has been cancelled but needs must.

Was told by a patient the other day we are all angels without wings which made me burst into tears as sometimes we feel so helpless.

We can do this....all of us

The Mrs finishes her 12 hour shift at 8pm and is the same constantly tired and her mental health is shot to bits infact both of us are struggling with mental health as its it seems like all work and no play month after month after month.

"I know exactly how you are feeling. We have lost so many. It is heartbreaking and soul destroying. All our annual leave has been cancelled but needs must.

Was told by a patient the other day we are all angels without wings which made me burst into tears as sometimes we feel so helpless.

We can do this....all of us "

xx

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

A fair few years back I nearly died after a cyst on my lower intestine burst. It caused an infection that left me needed two major surgeries that took me out for a year.

I was lucky that both times I was on an exceptional ward.

The staff I remember the most, the ones who really kept me going and feeling safe and cared for were the HCA's.

I am grateful for all the NHS staffed that helped me but the HCA's really stood out to me as my main care givers.

Do what ever is right for you. But whether you leave or stay, sleep sound knowing you made a difference to people's lives.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

I was a HCA for 14 years and it was the trained staff that got all the praises, a HCA knows more about the patients as they are more hands on and spend the time to talk to the patient and family,HCA are the backbone of hospital wards they never get no praise ...

By *usculo5090Man  over a year ago

London

Life is good. Ride a bike, run, walk, sing, dance or exercise. Thrn off the T.V too much T.V is bad for you just like everything else in life. Drive the car if that makes you happy. Teach someone something, trust me there is always something you know that I or others didn't. Perhaps it's useful or perhaps its funny. Read or watch something that makes you laugh. Get outside its good for you when down. If it's money forget it, it comes & goes but above all just Don't let the world or other people bring you down. Just be happy in yourself who ever you are or maybe.

By *tudiousPipWoman  over a year ago

W Yorks

If you just need someone to rant to, then rant away.

If you want solutions read on...

I was where you are last Sept. Frontline NHS, stressed and broken. I looked for another job. I'm now doing my job in a private hospital. I'm seeing NHS patients (private hospitals are now being paid to keep routine stuff going), but I'm no longer in the Covid frontline. No more ICU or Covid wards. No more fully donning PPE.

Am I happier? Work in progress. I can't talk about the last year without bursting into tears, but that's cos I'm feeling emotions again. For most of the last year I felt numb.

HCAs are valuable. Like me, you're prob wedded to the NHS. It's in my soul. But I'm taking time out to serve the NHS through the guise of private Healthcare. And I'm mentally healthier for it. I know you're prob too knackered to look for another HCA position. But I really urge you to try.

It feels like a betrayal of the NHS, but we can be the ones who step up when the ones who haven't stepped back fall apart x

Take care of yourself OP x

"Feeling down with all this ..looking after the frail is taking the toll..im normally strong ..Happy face everyday..now I feel drained..sorry not a rant..just understanding

If you just need someone to rant to, then rant away.

If you want solutions read on...

I was where you are last Sept. Frontline NHS, stressed and broken. I looked for another job. I'm now doing my job in a private hospital. I'm seeing NHS patients (private hospitals are now being paid to keep routine stuff going), but I'm no longer in the Covid frontline. No more ICU or Covid wards. No more fully donning PPE.

Am I happier? Work in progress. I can't talk about the last year without bursting into tears, but that's cos I'm feeling emotions again. For most of the last year I felt numb.

HCAs are valuable. Like me, you're prob wedded to the NHS. It's in my soul. But I'm taking time out to serve the NHS through the guise of private Healthcare. And I'm mentally healthier for it. I know you're prob too knackered to look for another HCA position. But I really urge you to try.

It feels like a betrayal of the NHS, but we can be the ones who step up when the ones who haven't stepped back fall apart x

Take care of yourself OP x"

I try thank you..you too stay safe

» Add a new message to this topic