FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Pfizer sore arm

Pfizer sore arm

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/02/21 18:34:20]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Got the Pfizer vaccine on Friday. Had the (very common) side effect of having a sore arm the next day; just kinda felt like someone had punched it. Pain subsided a little yesterday but today it feels a bit more localised and the area around the site of the injection has gone quite red. Has anyone else had this happen?

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Haven’t had the Covid 19 vaccine yet, but this is a common reaction to other vaccines. It should be ok after a few days. Ifit gets worse call your GP for advice.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've heard that this is common, but usually subsides in a few days. (I've also heard it's worse with the second jab)

By *elaxedsexyfunMan  over a year ago

Northants

Man up!

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

I've had a few friends come down quite ill after the Oxford vacine but back to normal after no more than 5 days

By *elaxedsexyfunMan  over a year ago

Northants

So you got a live saving injection for free and you are moaning about it? Don't you own a television?

"Haven’t had the Covid 19 vaccine yet, but this is a common reaction to other vaccines. It should be ok after a few days. Ifit gets worse call your GP for advice."

Thanks, I know the sore arm is common and was expecting that but not gonna lie I was a bit worried when I saw it had gone red!

"So you got a live saving injection for free and you are moaning about it? Don't you own a television?"

Jesus calm your fucking tits, I was just asking for advice

Why are you even trolling a virus forum anyway? Don't you own a television?

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

"So you got a live saving injection for free and you are moaning about it? Don't you own a television?

Why are you even trolling a virus forum anyway? Don't you own a television? "

“Calm your fucking tits”. Oh my god I love that. I’m using it for the rest of my life

V x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had the flu jab on Friday and I’ve had a sore arm , couldn’t sleep on that side , must be the needle, don’t worry you will be fine and well done for getting the vaccine ??

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Got the Pfizer vaccine on Friday. Had the (very common) side effect of having a sore arm the next day; just kinda felt like someone had punched it. Pain subsided a little yesterday but today it feels a bit more localised and the area around the site of the injection has gone quite red. Has anyone else had this happen?"

Sore arm and headache, but all done now. Just need my second jab in April.

"Got the Pfizer vaccine on Friday. Had the (very common) side effect of having a sore arm the next day; just kinda felt like someone had punched it. Pain subsided a little yesterday but today it feels a bit more localised and the area around the site of the injection has gone quite red. Has anyone else had this happen?"

Its very common with intramuscular injections.

The needle has ripped though muscles that the pain the muscles around the injection site.

When the muscle repairs the pain goes.

Just like muscle pain from the gym.

"Got the Pfizer vaccine on Friday. Had the (very common) side effect of having a sore arm the next day; just kinda felt like someone had punched it. Pain subsided a little yesterday but today it feels a bit more localised and the area around the site of the injection has gone quite red. Has anyone else had this happen?

The needle has ripped though muscles that the pain the muscles around the injection site.

Just like muscle pain from the gym."

Thank you for the advice I do get the flu jab every year though which is also IM and don't usually get any arm pain, so this is new for me.

"So you got a live saving injection for free and you are moaning about it? Don't you own a television?

Why are you even trolling a virus forum anyway? Don't you own a television?

“Calm your fucking tits”. Oh my god I love that. I’m using it for the rest of my life

V x "

LOL I thought it was quite a common saying, no?

Lady friend had oxford vaccine Thursday (technically she classes as vulnerable but you'd never guess). 3.30 jab. 4.30 I arrived she was feeling rough. 5.30 fever and spasms. 6PM called 111....blue lighted to hospital....luckily back out 2.00 am and OK by Saturday for Valentine meal etc. Still better than COVID though....

"Lady friend had oxford vaccine Thursday (technically she classes as vulnerable but you'd never guess). 3.30 jab. 4.30 I arrived she was feeling rough. 5.30 fever and spasms. 6PM called 111....blue lighted to hospital....luckily back out 2.00 am and OK by Saturday for Valentine meal etc. Still better than COVID though...."

Oh yikes, sorry to hear that. Hope she's okay now!

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

Yes, I did, Had a bit of a dull ache in the arm for 4 or 5 days, worn off now.

small price to pay for a bit of protection

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

yes its pretty common

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I have flu jab every year it always hurtie arm for a day or three.

Have had vaccine and felt shit two days later for about 3 day's.

Worst one ever was pneumonia jab. OMFG arm hurt like a barstard son of a bitch for day's.

So unless you have anything really unusual occur I wouldn't be too worried .

But I am only a carpenter with shit for brains so don't take much notice of my advice.

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Got the Pfizer vaccine on Friday. Had the (very common) side effect of having a sore arm the next day; just kinda felt like someone had punched it. Pain subsided a little yesterday but today it feels a bit more localised and the area around the site of the injection has gone quite red. Has anyone else had this happen?

Just like muscle pain from the gym."

I always knew going down the gym was unhealthy!

I had the Pfizer a few weeks back and I had dead arm and redness for a few days, put a cool flannel on it it really helps xx

Why are you even trolling a virus forum anyway? Don't you own a television? "

Fantastic

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Yes with Astra Zenica vax

"I had the Pfizer a few weeks back and I had dead arm and redness for a few days, put a cool flannel on it it really helps xx"

Thank you, will try this! Although I just had a long hot shower and it seems to have helped a lot too

ive had both my Pfizer vaccine jabs both times had sore arm and slight tiredness after for a few hours next day all normal ..was lucky enough to have my jabs in the first week of rollout so unlike many others was lucky to get 2nd jab before the changes

By *rijj73Man  over a year ago

croydon

Had the Pfizer one had a sore arm for 2 days and felt rough and very tired for about 4 days, next one due in April

For those of you who have had both/have the next one booked, can I ask how you know when your second dose is?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You'll be given leaflets at the vaccination centre that details what to expect, including the side effects, time frames etc. It's worth reading those, so that you will know what js standard, uncommon and what would not be expected and thus a concern to take action upon.

"For those of you who have had both/have the next one booked, can I ask how you know when your second dose is? "

i was given the date for the second jab as i had my first one ..but i was first wave ..think its changed now the 5 care homes in my group was done via phone and they was told next jab will be letter / phone for date

You sound like you are handling it better than my Mum. She had hers a couple of days ago, anyone would of thought her arm had been chopped off with a blunt axe, I’m avoided her calls at all cost for at least 24 hours. She was moaning that much my arm was starting to hurt

Central

"For those of you who have had both/have the next one booked, can I ask how you know when your second dose is? "

You'll typically get both dates arranged at the same time, before you've had any, based on my experience

"For those of you who have had both/have the next one booked, can I ask how you know when your second dose is?

i was given the date for the second jab as i had my first one ..but i was first wave ..think its changed now the 5 care homes in my group was done via phone and they was told next jab will be letter / phone for date"

I was called today, and they booked both first and second jabs in for me.

By *isceanguyMan  over a year ago

Loughton

I had a sore are after my jab, I'm beginning to wonder now if the guy that did it was a real doctor!!!!

Hi that happened to me in my first vaccine ... it was absolutely fine after day 4 x

My second Pfizer is mid March x

I've had both doses (pfizer) First one was a sore arm kind of like a dead arm for 3 days. Second one took me down about 18 hours after - fever, muscle aches, headache and chills. I just went back to bed, took paracetamol (which helped with the chills and nothing else) and felt much better 24 hours later. Hope that helps xx

I had mine 3 weeks ago, and top of arm still sore to press

"I had a sore are after my jab, I'm beginning to wonder now if the guy that did it was a real doctor!!!! "

Most of the jabbers are not doctors.

In fact a lot are volunteers...and I know at least one frequents on here.

"I had a sore are after my jab, I'm beginning to wonder now if the guy that did it was a real doctor!!!! "

You dont need a doctor to give a vaccination. Was probably a volunteer

Work colleague, his wife, mother and MIL all suffering. Friends mum had cold symptoms for around a week, mine had loss of voice

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I know a girl who works at the local hospital she got her covid jab and her face was swollen the size of two for a week after it

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

The size of two what ? Watermelons ? Spacehoppers ?

Central

"I know a girl who works at the local hospital she got her covid jab and her face was swollen the size of two for a week after it "

Did she seek help?

By *ikerjoshMan  over a year ago

Nuneaton

Had mine on friday, also Pfizer. Local brusing and dull ache, gone after a day, as I get with any needle in my arm so nothing out of the ordinary.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I had a sore are after my jab, I'm beginning to wonder now if the guy that did it was a real doctor!!!!

Most of the jabbers are not doctors.

In fact a lot are volunteers...and I know at least one frequents on here."

Qualified but still waiting for access to the shift booking system!! Meeting on Wednesday which hopefully will answer the question

You sound like you are handling it better than my Mum. She had hers a couple of days ago, anyone would of thought her arm had been chopped off with a blunt axe, I’m avoided her calls at all cost for at least 24 hours. She was moaning that much my arm was starting to hurt "

LOL oh no it's not that bad!!!

She might have a low pain threshold though?

"For those of you who have had both/have the next one booked, can I ask how you know when your second dose is?

You'll typically get both dates arranged at the same time, before you've had any, based on my experience "

I could only book my first through the text I was sent, and when I was at the centre I asked about my next appointment and they just said I'd be contacted when it's time

Thanks for all your input everyone!

Like I mentioned, I usually get the flu jab every year which also goes into the muscle and don't get any arm pain at all so was just a little worried. But thanks for sharing your own experiences and putting my mind at rest

Just like muscle pain from the gym.

I always knew going down the gym was unhealthy!

"

That pain means muscle growth

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

You'll typically get both dates arranged at the same time, before you've had any, based on my experience

I could only book my first through the text I was sent, and when I was at the centre I asked about my next appointment and they just said I'd be contacted when it's time "

Same here

» Add a new message to this topic