FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Quarantine Cock Up..

Quarantine Cock Up..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Apparently, people from a high risk country, and others from a kow risk country can enter the uk on the same plane.

The high risk ones go into quarantine, while those from low risk countries go on their merry way.. After being on the same plane.. Breathing the same air... Giving the freekin virus to every fucking passenger!

Yes this is going to work isn't it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yep you wouldn't think they had at least 4 weeks to get this right...and he has the neck to call starter Capt hindsight.

That's something from Capt cockup.

Kind of obvious from day one really.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

At least they have to get a negative test result, before flying here, which they didn't for most of last year. If anyone is expecting world beating from this lot, they've been blinkered for a long time

"Yep you wouldn't think they had at least 4 weeks to get this right...and he has the neck to call starmer Capt hindsight.

That's something from Capt cockup."

*Starmer ffs

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Ffs

The risk of transmission in an aircraft is actually lower than you would think.

Management of this pandemic isn’t as simple as some make out. Sadly it has become political with people either siding with the Govt or opposing it with both sides saying “we’re listening to the science”, with the misguided view that “the science” only says one thing...!

am i being dumb? is this a hypothetical but unlikely to happen in reality? how many planes do drop offs and pick ups in more than one country?

Manchester (she/her)

"am i being dumb? is this a hypothetical but unlikely to happen in reality? how many planes do drop offs and pick ups in more than one country? "

Flights from, say, Australia to the UK do this (refuel in Asia or the Middle East).

It's probably more like, a flight from non red zone country but some people who were in the red zone shortly before that were on the flight.

"am i being dumb? is this a hypothetical but unlikely to happen in reality? how many planes do drop offs and pick ups in more than one country?

Flights from, say, Australia to the UK do this (refuel in Asia or the Middle East).

It's probably more like, a flight from non red zone country but some people who were in the red zone shortly before that were on the flight."

arent the middle east also in the red zone though?

the second scenario was always going to be unavoidable - you would never be able to make the airlines keep them on separate flights

although if they just made it blanket you wouldn’t have these anomalies

Manchester (she/her)

"am i being dumb? is this a hypothetical but unlikely to happen in reality? how many planes do drop offs and pick ups in more than one country?

It's probably more like, a flight from non red zone country but some people who were in the red zone shortly before that were on the flight.

the second scenario was always going to be unavoidable - you would never be able to make the airlines keep them on separate flights

although if they just made it blanket you wouldn’t have these anomalies "

I'm not sure. I'm not paying attention - and flights to Australia are way out of whack at the moment anyway. It's an example of it, is all.

I'd agree with making it blanket and stricter.

By *ubyRonCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

"am i being dumb? is this a hypothetical but unlikely to happen in reality? how many planes do drop offs and pick ups in more than one country? "

Say for example flying from Mexico you would most likely end up at Schipol in Amsterdam and then fly from Amsterdam to UK.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Most direct flights from Africa and other red classed locations are cancelled.

So anyone coming in from those countries will transfer via hubs, meaning for the last leg into the UK they are all on the same flight.

With reduced flights from the hubs, either in Europe or further afield, more people get on the flights that do come over.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

Quite a lot of long haul flights do lay overs, sometimes it's the same plane you take off in again, mostly it's a change. Cheaper flights tend to have more stops.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm not sure. I'm not paying attention - and flights to Australia are way out of whack at the moment anyway. It's an example of it, is all.

I'd agree with making it blanket and stricter."

That's what i would have thout. A blanket quarantine i would think would've been more effective

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Apparently, people from a high risk country, and others from a kow risk country can enter the uk on the same plane.

The high risk ones go into quarantine, while those from low risk countries go on their merry way.. After being on the same plane.. Breathing the same air... Giving the freekin virus to every fucking passenger!

Yes this is going to work isn't it "

Does the plane pick up the low risk passages first or the high risk considering they come in on the same plane or do the clean the plane in-between flights, I'm only asking as I don't know if planes were that big to fly to two different countries on the way back to the UK.

Say for example flying from Mexico you would most likely end up at Schipol in Amsterdam and then fly from Amsterdam to UK.

"

yes but that is 2 different flights that will be booked and nobody could possibly have ever thought that airlines and airports in other countries were going to check passengers recent travel history and separate red and non red passengers for us

if this is a concern they should just make it blanket for all

although if they just made it blanket you wouldn’t have these anomalies "

No most of the Asian countries aren't on the red list it's mainly, African countries and South American plus Portugal and United Arab Emirates.

That's what i would have thout. A blanket quarantine i would think would've been more effective "

Scotland have a blanket ban on anyone arriving by plane, nothing to stop people arriving in England than heading to Scotland.

I follow a couple of celebs on insta over the weekend they along with those families flew back from Dubai.

Quite interesting that 2 separate families, flew 2 separate flights back to different European airports then took pvt planes back into the uk into Manchester to be specific to avoid hotel quarantine.

Seems to be a significant loophole in the systems providing you have money.

"I follow a couple of celebs on insta over the weekend they along with those families flew back from Dubai.

Quite interesting that 2 separate families, flew 2 separate flights back to different European airports then took pvt planes back into the uk into Manchester to be specific to avoid hotel quarantine.

Seems to be a significant loophole in the systems providing you have money.

"

Loads flew back over the weekend to avoid quarantine.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

"Apparently, people from a high risk country, and others from a kow risk country can enter the uk on the same plane.

Does the plane pick up the low risk passages first or the high risk considering they come in on the same plane or do the clean the plane in-between flights, I'm only asking as I don't know if planes were that big to fly to two different countries on the way back to the UK."

If I was flying to Jakarta from heathrow it would go like this...

If I flew BA it would be direct London to Jakarta.

If I flew Garuda it might be direct or it would be London to Amsterdam then from there to Jakarta

If I flew KLM it would be London to Amsterdam then from there to Jakarta

If I flew Qatar it would be London to Doha and then onwards.

It depends on who you fly with, if the national carriers go there you can get a direct flight, at a price. Other carriers tend to fly in and out of their home country on route.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

They’ve had a year to get this part right but just don’t seem to be able to manage it.

"They’ve had a year to get this part right but just don’t seem to be able to manage it. "

Its rubbish isn't it.

They are doing well with the vaccine roll out so they can get their act together when they want.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"They’ve had a year to get this part right but just don’t seem to be able to manage it.

Its rubbish isn't it.

They are doing well with the vaccine roll out so they can get their act together when they want. "

They are doing amazingly well with the vaccine.

By *ntoyou2022Man  over a year ago

Edi

"They’ve had a year to get this part right but just don’t seem to be able to manage it.

Its rubbish isn't it.

They are doing well with the vaccine roll out so they can get their act together when they want.

They are doing amazingly well with the vaccine. "

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Why is it when you fly on aeroplane you always come down with the sniffles.

Is it something in the upper atmosphere, other people, change of climate?

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Hotel quarantine? sounds like a cruise ship scenario and look what happened there.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Yep you wouldn't think they had at least 4 weeks to get this right...and he has the neck to call starter Capt hindsight.

That's something from Capt cockup."

Blame the one per-cent who are so busy jetting around the world from sun-drenched beaches to ski resorts that front man Gates has little time to issue "guidelines" to deputy front man Johnson and sub-deputy Hancock.

North Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 16/02/21 03:21:08]

North Yorkshire

Have you seen Johnson and Hancock on TV? What a pair. Morecambe and Wise haven't got a look-in. Talk about "Meet The Glums."

North Yorkshire

That's what i would have thout. A blanket quarantine i would think would've been more effective

Scotland have a blanket ban on anyone arriving by plane, nothing to stop people arriving in England than heading to Scotland. "

The Scottish border may be closed. I could guide you. I know a little known route over the Monros. You will need snow-shoes and wire cutters. They may have repaired the fence since last time.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

[Removed by poster at 16/02/21 06:21:51]

Tin town

Does the plane pick up the low risk passages first or the high risk considering they come in on the same plane or do the clean the plane in-between flights, I'm only asking as I don't know if planes were that big to fly to two different countries on the way back to the UK.

If I was flying to Jakarta from heathrow it would go like this...

If I flew BA it would be direct London to Jakarta.

If I flew Garuda it might be direct or it would be London to Amsterdam then from there to Jakarta

If I flew KLM it would be London to Amsterdam then from there to Jakarta

If I flew Qatar it would be London to Doha and then onwards.

It depends on who you fly with, if the national carriers go there you can get a direct flight, at a price. Other carriers tend to fly in and out of their home country on route."

One might think that international travel is not as straightforward as some might desire

Tin town

Scotland have a blanket ban on anyone arriving by plane, nothing to stop people arriving in England than heading to Scotland. "

This article would suggest different...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56078511

Do they have quarantine hotels for people who travel on buses and trains?

If not why not??

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Scotland have a blanket ban on anyone arriving by plane, nothing to stop people arriving in England than heading to Scotland.

This article would suggest different...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56078511

"

Saw that this morning, for a country that says has a blanket ban they created their own loophole

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

It should be all ports qurenteen for all as all passengers go through the same air port space let alone being on a plane even Heathrow would need a complete deep clean between flights not going to happen

Tin town

"It should be all ports qurenteen for all as all passengers go through the same air port space let alone being on a plane even Heathrow would need a complete deep clean between flights not going to happen "

Yes if it were a board game it would be all points of entry, coaches, lorries, trains, airplanes, ferries. But we as a country aren't capable of doing that... The last 12 months has shown us that. So it's not about zero covid, it's about reducing community infections as low as possible to reduce risks... Risks of viral variants and mutations that happen for every host infection and the pressure on the NHS so they can get on with things other than covid and so that we can interact with much lower risk of catching infection. We are incapable of achieving zero covid as we are incapable of behaving in a way to achieve and maintain it...

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"It should be all ports qurenteen for all as all passengers go through the same air port space let alone being on a plane even Heathrow would need a complete deep clean between flights not going to happen

Yes if it were a board game it would be all points of entry, coaches, lorries, trains, airplanes, ferries. But we as a country aren't capable of doing that... The last 12 months has shown us that. So it's not about zero covid, it's about reducing community infections as low as possible to reduce risks... Risks of viral variants and mutations that happen for every host infection and the pressure on the NHS so they can get on with things other than covid and so that we can interact with much lower risk of catching infection. We are incapable of achieving zero covid as we are incapable of behaving in a way to achieve and maintain it... "

I throught it was about keeping new variants out but if you travel through lots of airports cross infection is going to happen anyway

Tin town

"It should be all ports qurenteen for all as all passengers go through the same air port space let alone being on a plane even Heathrow would need a complete deep clean between flights not going to happen

Yes if it were a board game it would be all points of entry, coaches, lorries, trains, airplanes, ferries. But we as a country aren't capable of doing that... The last 12 months has shown us that. So it's not about zero covid, it's about reducing community infections as low as possible to reduce risks... Risks of viral variants and mutations that happen for every host infection and the pressure on the NHS so they can get on with things other than covid and so that we can interact with much lower risk of catching infection. We are incapable of achieving zero covid as we are incapable of behaving in a way to achieve and maintain it...

I throught it was about keeping new variants out but if you travel through lots of airports cross infection is going to happen anyway "

I'm not sure that's the reason... We are not able to keep new variants out for all the reasons you state, what we can do is reduce the numbers of infections and manage infection outbreaks...which requires a reasonably competent process and a cooperative and invested population. with our extremely high community infections we are more likely to be having new home grown variants.

» Add a new message to this topic