FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Endemic

Endemic

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arakiss12 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

From pandemic to endemic.

It was announced by certain experts that covid is here to stay and we should be expecting more jabs and boosters.

Depressing.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

time to live with it with vaccination and rolling up our sleeves...

.. see what i did there.. now we know it won't end there needs to be a shift in emphasis from eradication to hygiene education. Society knows it cannot live in lockdown much over a year tho things like working from home and masks could become a fashionable accessory just like anime.

i think/hope schools will open in March, Moat business in April and an attempt at a normal ish summer and an attempt at herd immunity backed up by annual vaccination. If we get footy, visits to nana, free sexual expression and gigs back I'll do anything

d

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's likely that richer countries will contain the virus earlier, due to vaccine supplies, than poorer ones. It is thus likely to be around in the world for years, as few countries will have eradication strategies.

The UK may retain hotel quarantine for the highest risk places but people will transport the virus to some extent.

An annual booster jab, like flu, wouldn't be too much inconvenience, for example, to keep people immune and up to date with newer variants.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"From pandemic to endemic.

It was announced by certain experts that covid is here to stay and we should be expecting more jabs and boosters.

Depressing."

Why did anyone think it would disappear, it's like a flu virus

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Kind of weird. Nobody has ever said at any point it would be any different. But yes hopefully it will settle into a flu like annual vaccine.

» Add a new message to this topic