FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lockdown easing

Lockdown easing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Will be irreversible says boris Johnston meaning no further lockdowns will take place .. in this case that’s a concession that the virus may be here to stay and we live with all the health consequences that come with that .. positive headline confidence is surely high in the vaccines?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I don't understand why this time releasing us from lockdown is irreversible, when twice before he has changed his mind and put us back in lockdown.

"I don't understand why this time releasing us from lockdown is irreversible, when twice before he has changed his mind and put us back in lockdown. "

Maybe the vaccine rollout ?

By *taryscorpCouple  over a year ago

boston

"Will be irreversible says boris Johnston meaning no further lockdowns will take place .. in this case that’s a concession that the virus may be here to stay and we live with all the health consequences that come with that .. positive headline confidence is surely high in the vaccines? "

Also said cannot rule out another lockdown

Leeds

If we cannot rule out another lockdown how can it be irreversible ?

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"Will be irreversible says boris Johnston meaning no further lockdowns will take place .. in this case that’s a concession that the virus may be here to stay and we live with all the health consequences that come with that .. positive headline confidence is surely high in the vaccines? "

What Boris said, was that he wanted progress that is cautious but irreversible.

Meaning that he wants to get us out of lockdown this time in a manner which won’t see us back in lockdown few months later.....like what has happened in previous lockdowns.

When asked at the press conference yesterday whether this will indeed be the last lockdown........he said that he wants it to be the last, but can’t give a cast iron guarantee on that promise.

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

Lockdown shouldn’t end yet. It would be utterly stupid for people to think it should.

Yeah never seen that just what I read in the independent article .. cheers though

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah there's too many that want people locked away from society forever.

If and when the situation eases, those who want to stay locked up, by all means do so.

London

"Yeah never seen that just what I read in the independent article .. cheers though"

Leeds

"Yeah there's too many that want people locked away from society forever.

If and when the situation eases, those who want to stay locked up, by all means do so. "

I agree

If and when the situation eases, those who want to stay locked up, by all means do so.

I agree"

Thank you

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We hope so. The county can't cope with much more. The vaccination programme is going well, there is light on the horizon at long last.

London

If and when the situation eases, those who want to stay locked up, by all means do so. "

Too many that want people locked away from society forever. ???

I guess only a tiny tiny minority fall in that category who want lockdown forever.

The majority want to get out of lockdown.......but want it to happen cautiously and carefully this time so we don’t end up in square one again in a few months time.

By *onnynclaireCouple  over a year ago

spencers wood

"

I guess only a tiny tiny minority fall in that category who want lockdown forever.

The majority want to get out of lockdown.......but want it to happen cautiously and carefully this time so we don’t end up in square one again in a few months time. "

Exactly. Would rather it be done right with a view of a future of actually being able to get back to it. Seeing family and friends with little worries.

I have faith in lower cases from the vaccine hope that all who can take the vaccine, take it.

Peace and love

Here’s to the future

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

Don't for one minute think that it would be irreversible if the NHS got overwhelmed and people were dyeing in the streets and could not get hospital treatment I for one would lock myself down with out the government having to tell me too

The majority want to get out of lockdown.......but want it to happen cautiously and carefully this time so we don’t end up in square one again in a few months time. "

I take it that you haven't been following the threads on here that closely then

London

The majority want to get out of lockdown.......but want it to happen cautiously and carefully this time so we don’t end up in square one again in a few months time.

I take it that you haven't been following the threads on here that closely then "

I have been following the threads, and what I said above reflects what I’ve been reading on the threads.

Its typical Boris makeing headline grabbing announcements. When we know he will eventually have to do local lockdowns in areas again, whilst injections carry on. He will call them something else... just to get round it. But I must say I've never heard him make headline grabbing announcement about the other pandemic. The growing number of people going without food.

I have been following the threads, and what I said above reflects what I’ve been reading on the threads. "

You'll find that most of the contributions on here are against easing of lockdown

Leeds

"

You'll find that most of the contributions on here are against easing of lockdown "

Does this include the Spain and Cap d'Adge threads where people are looking to go on holiday and the thread discussing lateral flow tests so clubs can reopen ?

London

I have been following the threads, and what I said above reflects what I’ve been reading on the threads.

You'll find that most of the contributions on here are against easing of lockdown "

The contributions are against easing the lockdown prematurely.

They are not calling for the lockdown to last *forever*

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes, cos cases are going down as expected, while influenza viruses circulate year round, most of the time flu activity peaks between december and february, but activity can last as late as may.

"Will be irreversible says boris Johnston meaning no further lockdowns will take place .. in this case that’s a concession that the virus may be here to stay and we live with all the health consequences that come with that .. positive headline confidence is surely high in the vaccines?

Meaning that he wants to get us out of lockdown this time in a manner which won’t see us back in lockdown few months later.....like what has happened in previous lockdowns.

When asked at the press conference yesterday whether this will indeed be the last lockdown........he said that he wants it to be the last, but can’t give a cast iron guarantee on that promise. "

This is why I watch the press conferences and compare to the twisted shite published by the papers.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Pleased to hear this. It's good to know as boris has never done a u turn before

More headline grabbing shite like the "nightclubs could open with rapid testing", not a fucking chance.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think the irreversible emphasis is because there's pressure inside his party to open very quickly, which would be before we're clearer of it and ready.

It makes sense finally, if they do it at the right time.

Let's hope they get Track and Trace working by then.

"I think the irreversible emphasis is because there's pressure inside his party to open very quickly, which would be before we're clearer of it and ready.

It makes sense finally, if they do it at the right time.

Let's hope they get Track and Trace working by then. "

Track and trace only works if people actually self isolate though.

Some people can't afford not to work.

Some people won't isolate if they don't have any symptoms even if they can work from home and still get paid.

"

You'll find that most of the contributions on here are against easing of lockdown

Does this include the Spain and Cap d'Adge threads where people are looking to go on holiday and the thread discussing lateral flow tests so clubs can reopen ? "

Did I mention other countries?

The contributions are against easing the lockdown prematurely.

They are not calling for the lockdown to last *forever*"

Think you'll find a lot are

"Will be irreversible says boris Johnston meaning no further lockdowns will take place .. in this case that’s a concession that the virus may be here to stay and we live with all the health consequences that come with that .. positive headline confidence is surely high in the vaccines?

When asked at the press conference yesterday whether this will indeed be the last lockdown........he said that he wants it to be the last, but can’t give a cast iron guarantee on that promise. "

. but selective quoting and paraphrasing gives it a different meaning

"I don't understand why this time releasing us from lockdown is irreversible, when twice before he has changed his mind and put us back in lockdown. "

Lets face facts , he has been known to tell bare faced lies before has he not ?

if you read them again without an agenda you might see the majority are against easing lockdowns too soon and too fast ... i don't think ive seen a single post say dont ease them ever

Lockdown is to protect the most vulnerable from a disease that they are most likely to get complications from......

the vaccine supposedly stops a person from getting complications from the virus.....

once the most vulnerable are vaccinated then surely there is no need for lockdown?

also since when have governments cared about the sick and elderly? cared enough to commit economic suicide? Seems a bit odd to me.

"Lockdown is to protect the most vulnerable from a disease that they are most likely to get complications from......

the vaccine supposedly stops a person from getting complications from the virus.....

once the most vulnerable are vaccinated then surely there is no need for lockdown?

also since when have governments cared about the sick and elderly? cared enough to commit economic suicide? Seems a bit odd to me."

doesn’t it seem even odder that they would continue to commit economic suicide once it was no longer necessary

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Hopefully another full lockdown is avoidable but only time will tell. Further restrictions of some sort in Autumn/Winter this year though are almost certain I think. It wouldn’t surprise me if hospitality was closed again ( or at least indoors) for most of the Autumn/winter in some areas.

"Lockdown is to protect the most vulnerable from a disease that they are most likely to get complications from......

also since when have governments cared about the sick and elderly? cared enough to commit economic suicide? Seems a bit odd to me.

doesn’t it seem even odder that they would continue to commit economic suicide once it was no longer necessary "

totally. and it all seems to coincide with the world economic forum's predictions for 2030

all it takes is one just one bad mutation to blow the goverment's plans out the water .... i want out of lockdown but not at any price

if you read them again without an agenda you might see the majority are against easing lockdowns too soon and too fast ... i don't think ive seen a single post say dont ease them ever "

Personally I think I have seen not to ease too soon too fast but they're far outweighed by the ones shouting that lockdown should continue and if you now look about the new variant and mutations, the calls for lockdown to stay in place will grow

. Simply because we can no longer afford the cost.

By *r easy1981Man  over a year ago

leeds

It really needs to end fake fake

maybe becaise they have now spent and stolen all the money, they need people out working again.

How else will they afford this years MP pay rises?

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"I don't understand why this time releasing us from lockdown is irreversible, when twice before he has changed his mind and put us back in lockdown. . Simply because we can no longer afford the cost."

Well your income tax is going up next month in the budget

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"I don't understand why this time releasing us from lockdown is irreversible, when twice before he has changed his mind and put us back in lockdown. . Simply because we can no longer afford the cost."
Yes, it is a big strain on the economy too.

FFS! I find it incredulous that after a year of what we've gone through and are still going through, that there are still people wanting to risk blowing all the advances we've made out of the water.

This isn't exactly rocket science, as what was said "this isn't a sprint it's a marathon", and the world (yes the world, it's a pandemic) won't be safe and normality resume until people stop wanting to enter the sprint not the marathon. Is it so difficult to grasp the fact that until this virus is under sufficient control worldwide it's going to continue to mutate and spread worldwide? It is total folly to take the view "our numbers are down, let's get back to how it used to be" yet and for some time to come. Yes, society can gradually move on in a way that reflects the current science/data, but this HAS to relect movement both ways to also counter any alteration in evidence. So please, let's not get carried away by a few remarks made (which all too often are misquoted or skewed to suit media's thirst for sensationalism), and let's proceed with caution and the understanding that things will have to alter along the way to reach the finish line.

"

Does this include the Spain and Cap d'Adge threads where people are looking to go on holiday and the thread discussing lateral flow tests so clubs can reopen ? "

It's confidence in the vaccine yes.

It's our route out of lockdown and hopefully there will be no more.

Our scientists are ahead of the game and our sequencing is one of the best in the world for adjusting vaccines to cope with variants.

I don't think we'll have another lockdown, but there will be social distancing measures for some time yet.

"FFS! I find it incredulous that after a year of what we've gone through and are still going through, that there are still people wanting to risk blowing all the advances we've made out of the water.

This isn't exactly rocket science, as what was said "this isn't a sprint it's a marathon", and the world (yes the world, it's a pandemic) won't be safe and normality resume until people stop wanting to enter the sprint not the marathon. Is it so difficult to grasp the fact that until this virus is under sufficient control worldwide it's going to continue to mutate and spread worldwide? It is total folly to take the view "our numbers are down, let's get back to how it used to be" yet and for some time to come. Yes, society can gradually move on in a way that reflects the current science/data, but this HAS to relect movement both ways to also counter any alteration in evidence. So please, let's not get carried away by a few remarks made (which all too often are misquoted or skewed to suit media's thirst for sensationalism), and let's proceed with caution and the understanding that things will have to alter along the way to reach the finish line."

. Is it so difficult to grasp that we are fast heading for a point at which doctors and nurses, the whole public sector, pensioners etc will not get paid. We can no longer borrow money to furlough half the nation. I know most people think money literally grows on trees but ... Hide behind your sofa if you want to and can afford to, but for the rest of us there are other considerations beyond which some clearly are too dim to understand

"FFS! I find it incredulous that after a year of what we've gone through and are still going through, that there are still people wanting to risk blowing all the advances we've made out of the water.

This isn't exactly rocket science, as what was said "this isn't a sprint it's a marathon", and the world (yes the world, it's a pandemic) won't be safe and normality resume until people stop wanting to enter the sprint not the marathon. Is it so difficult to grasp the fact that until this virus is under sufficient control worldwide it's going to continue to mutate and spread worldwide? It is total folly to take the view "our numbers are down, let's get back to how it used to be" yet and for some time to come. Yes, society can gradually move on in a way that reflects the current science/data, but this HAS to relect movement both ways to also counter any alteration in evidence. So please, let's not get carried away by a few remarks made (which all too often are misquoted or skewed to suit media's thirst for sensationalism), and let's proceed with caution and the understanding that things will have to alter along the way to reach the finish line.. Is it so difficult to grasp that we are fast heading for a point at which doctors and nurses, the whole public sector, pensioners etc will not get paid. We can no longer borrow money to furlough half the nation. I know most people think money literally grows on trees but ... Hide behind your sofa if you want to and can afford to, but for the rest of us there are other considerations beyond which some clearly are too dim to understand"

'yawns dimly'

"all it takes is one just one bad mutation to blow the goverment's plans out the water .... i want out of lockdown but not at any price"

Counting there are so many different strains going on at the moment as well... seems like it’s not entirely impossible scenario...

This isn't exactly rocket science, as what was said "this isn't a sprint it's a marathon", and the world (yes the world, it's a pandemic) won't be safe and normality resume until people stop wanting to enter the sprint not the marathon. Is it so difficult to grasp the fact that until this virus is under sufficient control worldwide it's going to continue to mutate and spread worldwide? It is total folly to take the view "our numbers are down, let's get back to how it used to be" yet and for some time to come. Yes, society can gradually move on in a way that reflects the current science/data, but this HAS to relect movement both ways to also counter any alteration in evidence. So please, let's not get carried away by a few remarks made (which all too often are misquoted or skewed to suit media's thirst for sensationalism), and let's proceed with caution and the understanding that things will have to alter along the way to reach the finish line.. Is it so difficult to grasp that we are fast heading for a point at which doctors and nurses, the whole public sector, pensioners etc will not get paid. We can no longer borrow money to furlough half the nation. I know most people think money literally grows on trees but ... Hide behind your sofa if you want to and can afford to, but for the rest of us there are other considerations beyond which some clearly are too dim to understand"

There are plenty ways the government can raise money if needed.

The cost of Covid to the govt so far has been £400 billion for everything.

Compare that to the cost for Trident and it's running.

It helps put it in perspective.

all this and we are really just talking about a bad case of flu.

yeah yeah the death rate. check the ONS for other years.... doesnt add up.

the vaccine is to stop the most vulnerable from getting complications so basically the most we'll get is a bad cold.....

this is what will be used to transform the world. bring about the 4th industrial revolution....... great #sustainable

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"all this and we are really just talking about a bad case of flu.

the vaccine is to stop the most vulnerable from getting complications so basically the most we'll get is a bad cold.....

this is what will be used to transform the world. bring about the 4th industrial revolution....... great #sustainable

"

Oh Its just the flu?

And here was me getting worried.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Funny..they can find millions when it suits them.

"

Transform the world?

I'm guessing Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, China, North Korea, Sweden didn't get the memo from the lizard Overlords?

Transform the world?

I'm guessing Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, China, North Korea, Sweden didn't get the memo from the lizard Overlords?"

P.s.

Good luck getting Russia to obey and follow instructions

» Add a new message to this topic