Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aturetotty OP   Couple  over a year ago

sandbanks

When do you think he will lift the current restrictions on Monday or later

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"When do you think he will lift the current restrictions on Monday or later "

On Monday, Boris will set out a roadmap, for lifting restrictions, which will be gradual and starting with children returning to school. Things like hospitality will be some weeks away.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

You have two identical threads running

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"When do you think he will lift the current restrictions on Monday or later

You have two identical threads running"

Oops

By *arandCouple  over a year ago

Warrington

Monday is only the roadmap to lift the restrictions, it’s going to be early March before some children start going back to school, and then depending on virus rates he will gradually open the country.

It’s certainly not going to be over anytime soon

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Schools 8th March. Then 3 weeks before pubs and restaurants will be allowed to open and serve alcohol with a substantial meal and none essential retail can also open. 3 more weeks will allow outdoor meeting with groups of up to 6. 3 more weeks will allow meeting with one other family in your home and 3 weeks after that opening everything else but continued social distancing and mask wearing restrictions. Maybe, though it might be slower depending on the speed of the vaccination program.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"Schools 8th March. Then 3 weeks before pubs and restaurants will be allowed to open and serve alcohol with a substantial meal and none essential retail can also open. 3 more weeks will allow outdoor meeting with groups of up to 6. 3 more weeks will allow meeting with one other family in your home and 3 weeks after that opening everything else but continued social distancing and mask wearing restrictions. Maybe, though it might be slower depending on the speed of the vaccination program."

Says who?!

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Schools 8th March. Then 3 weeks before pubs and restaurants will be allowed to open "

No way will pubs open 20th February.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

All of the leaks suggest that hell give a programme with the earliest likely dates for each thing to be relaxed.

The dates will then depend on how low infection numbers go, so could be delayed. I'm guessing not made earlier. Relax and enjoy this period of more time at home

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Schools 8th March. Then 3 weeks before pubs and restaurants will be allowed to open

No way will pubs open 20th February. "

They won't.

Schools 8th March

Non essential shops April

Some hospitality in May (restaurants)

Then pubs later

Source - Whitehall leaks who are planning, via Sky

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Schools 8th March. Then 3 weeks before pubs and restaurants will be allowed to open

They won't.

Schools 8th March

Then pubs later

Source - Whitehall leaks who are planning, via Sky"

Was going to say the central details will have all been leaked to the media by Monday morning in any case..

Not sure if it's deflection, click bait for the masses and the CRG but it's been the way through out..

They won't.

Schools 8th March

Then pubs later

Was going to say the central details will have all been leaked to the media by Monday morning in any case..

Not sure if it's deflection, click bait for the masses and the CRG but it's been the way through out.."

Yeah, this stuff always gets leaked.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Later

I get the impression, going by the rants i read, that a whole army on here will forever consider it to be far to early to lift restrictions whenever it happens.

By *priteyMan  over a year ago

Hitchin

"I get the impression, going by the rants i read, that a whole army on here will forever consider it to be far to early to lift restrictions whenever it happens. "

I also get that feeling as well,for myself lockdown hasnt affected me at all ,but I do have some friends who are really struggling financially and the end of lockdown cant come soon enough. I just hope people who seem more than happy for it to continue wont be moaning further down the line when their jobs are lost or there isnt enough money to pay for the NHS in the future.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I get the impression, going by the rants i read, that a whole army on here will forever consider it to be far to early to lift restrictions whenever it happens.

I also get that feeling as well,for myself lockdown hasnt affected me at all ,but I do have some friends who are really struggling financially and the end of lockdown cant come soon enough. I just hope people who seem more than happy for it to continue wont be moaning further down the line when their jobs are lost or there isnt enough money to pay for the NHS in the future. "

Why wouldn't there be enough money for the NHS?

By *priteyMan  over a year ago

Hitchin

"I get the impression, going by the rants i read, that a whole army on here will forever consider it to be far to early to lift restrictions whenever it happens.

I also get that feeling as well,for myself lockdown hasnt affected me at all ,but I do have some friends who are really struggling financially and the end of lockdown cant come soon enough. I just hope people who seem more than happy for it to continue wont be moaning further down the line when their jobs are lost or there isnt enough money to pay for the NHS in the future.

Why wouldn't there be enough money for the NHS?"

didnt think it would be long before you were on lol, have a couple of guesses

"I just hope people who seem more than happy for it to continue wont be moaning further down the line when their jobs are lost "

Personally I'd prefer to lose my job over losing my life.

But that's just me.

not too soon i hope ...

By *icto07985Man  over a year ago

Romney marsh

To some on here lockdown is non existent as they are still meeting up with people for sex

I’m really struggling with this lockdown, it’s really got to me and sent me down hill big time

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"I’m really struggling with this lockdown, it’s really got to me and sent me down hill big time "

Sorry to hear that so what has got you down the most. Some are happy in there own space sum need conection.

"When do you think he will lift the current restrictions on Monday or later

On Monday, Boris will set out a roadmap, for lifting restrictions, which will be gradual and starting with children returning to school. Things like hospitality will be some weeks away."

Months is more likely. Maybe in time for Christmas.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

If they re open pub's and restaurants before or at Easter it will be madness.

Wait until after Easter then do it.

I just hope people don't assume that just because lockdown is lifted it's okay to start meeting and fucking!!

Otherwise come june we will be in lockdown again!!

We've come this far let's all just stick it out a little while longer to make sure that we don't relapse with cases.

Why wouldn't there be enough money for the NHS?"

. Jesus christ the money grows on trees idiots are out in force. You couldn’t make it up

"I just hope people who seem more than happy for it to continue wont be moaning further down the line when their jobs are lost

But that's just me."

. Yeah but the point you can’t grasp for the obvious reason is that we’re not just talking about you.

Why wouldn't there be enough money for the NHS?. Jesus christ the money grows on trees idiots are out in force. You couldn’t make it up"

i stand between the money grows in tree brigade and the in too stupid to give a shit about anyone else brigade.. truth is always somewhere in middle

"I just hope people who seem more than happy for it to continue wont be moaning further down the line when their jobs are lost

But that's just me.. Yeah but the point you can’t grasp for the obvious reason is that we’re not just talking about you. "

I know the public are split, I'm not an idiot.

Some put health first, some put economy first.

That's why I said "but that's just me"

You know, to give my opinion on the subject.

But that's just me.. Yeah but the point you can’t grasp for the obvious reason is that we’re not just talking about you.

You know, to give my opinion on the subject. "

When you've lost your Mum to Covid it changes your perspection on what's important in life.

I couldn't give a fuck about losing my job.

Then there are people who haven't lost anyone close and think their job and money is the most important thing in life.

What Covid has shown us, is that we as humans value different things depending on our circumstances.

So it's not ignorance on my part to say "fuck the economy I don't care about it" it's more to do with what's happened in my life and the realisation of what's really important.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

But that's just me.. Yeah but the point you can’t grasp for the obvious reason is that we’re not just talking about you.

You know, to give my opinion on the subject. "

And your opinion sounds reasonable when you say: "Personally I'd prefer to lose my job over losing my life" .

If you lose you job, you still have your life. As long as there is life, you can find another job.

But if you lose your life, you lose your job with it, and there is no way to recover your life or job after that.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

But that's just me."

Agreed.

We can find a way, even when it's hard. If we're still here.

And your opinion sounds reasonable when you say: "Personally I'd prefer to lose my job over losing my life" .

If you lose you job, you still have your life. As long as there is life, you can find another job.

But if you lose your life, you lose your job with it, and there is no way to recover your life or job after that."

. The point you totally miss is that millions of people have been forced into bankruptcy, financial hardship, lost their jobs through no fault of their own and silly glib comments like yours are totally disrepectful and dismissive of problems which obviously haven’t affected you

But if you lose your life, you lose your job with it, and there is no way to recover your life or job after that.. The point you totally miss is that millions of people have been forced into bankruptcy, financial hardship, lost their jobs through no fault of their own and silly glib comments like yours are totally disrepectful and dismissive of problems which obviously haven’t affected you"

By *onyMad123Couple  over a year ago

nottingham/ derby

Amateur sports under tier 3 restrictions as before will sort my business we were inspected and ran soooooo safely, pray for them to be allowed responsibility from April is a wish x

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"Schools 8th March. Then 3 weeks before pubs and restaurants will be allowed to open and serve alcohol with a substantial meal and none essential retail can also open. 3 more weeks will allow outdoor meeting with groups of up to 6. 3 more weeks will allow meeting with one other family in your home and 3 weeks after that opening everything else but continued social distancing and mask wearing restrictions. Maybe, though it might be slower depending on the speed of the vaccination program.

Says who?! "

Released leak, it's been on many of the newsboards.

Speculation and rumour. Sometimes right, domes wrong.

E

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

They won't.

Schools 8th March

Then pubs later

Source - Whitehall leaks who are planning, via Sky"

I don’t think all schools will open on 8th March .... I think (hope) they’ll be phased starting with KS1 and year 12 .....

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

But if you lose your life, you lose your job with it, and there is no way to recover your life or job after that.. The point you totally miss is that millions of people have been forced into bankruptcy, financial hardship, lost their jobs through no fault of their own and silly glib comments like yours are totally disrepectful and dismissive of problems which obviously haven’t affected you"

I haven’t missed the point. It seems like you have.

And how do you know the things you’ve said above don’t affect me?? What do you know about my circumstances ??

I would say silly comments like the one you’ve made above is disrespectful to those who have died and to their loved ones who are still grieving their deaths.

[Removed by poster at 19/02/21 11:02:58]

They won't.

Schools 8th March

Then pubs later

I don’t think all schools will open on 8th March .... I think (hope) they’ll be phased starting with KS1 and year 12 ..... "

Now now, that would mean careful planning by Gavin Williamson

I'm not holding my breath

They won't.

Schools 8th March

Then pubs later

I don’t think all schools will open on 8th March .... I think (hope) they’ll be phased starting with KS1 and year 12 .....

Now now, that would mean careful planning by Gavin Williamson

I'm not holding my breath "

Get the kids back in school first.. need normaliry more than ever

By *an4funMan  over a year ago

london

It needs to be eased carefully otherwise we will be back in lockdown again before we know it. My fear is that with all the press talk about lockdown easing the government will feel pressured to rush into making silly decisions.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

But if you lose your life, you lose your job with it, and there is no way to recover your life or job after that.. The point you totally miss is that millions of people have been forced into bankruptcy, financial hardship, lost their jobs through no fault of their own and silly glib comments like yours are totally disrepectful and dismissive of problems which obviously haven’t affected you

I haven’t missed the point. It seems like you have.

And how do you know the things you’ve said above don’t affect me?? What do you know about my circumstances ??

I would say silly comments like the one you’ve made above is disrespectful to those who have died and to their loved ones who are still grieving their deaths.

"

Agreed.

Silly glib comments like recognising that death is irreversible? Good lord.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

They won't.

Schools 8th March

Then pubs later

------

I don’t think all schools will open on 8th March .... I think (hope) they’ll be phased starting with KS1 and year 12 ..... "

I think a phased reopening will be very difficult to manage though.

We currently have around 70-75 students in school, in year-group bubbles. These are supervised by TA's and access the same online classes that the students at home access.

Bringing just one year group into school will mean that pretty much All teachers will need to be onsite. This in turn means that we need to deliver the online learning from within school, 50 simultaneous Zoom lessons will require a load of extra kit and place a huge load onto the schools inadequate broadband provision.

On top of this, the management of students movement, testing, offset lunches etc... will impede on the ability to serve the online teaching too.

I'm certainly not looking forward to it.

Cal

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"It needs to be eased carefully otherwise we will be back in lockdown again before we know it. My fear is that with all the press talk about lockdown easing the government will feel pressured to rush into making silly decisions."
well the foreign office minister this, morning on BBC said the, easing of restrictions must not undermine the success of the vaccine program and the government does not rule out the possibility of a 4th lockdown happening

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

We have at least another 3 weeks and our numbers are at the lowest since September so hopefully this will be the last lockdown.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

They won't.

Schools 8th March

Then pubs later

------

I think a phased reopening will be very difficult to manage though.

We currently have around 70-75 students in school, in year-group bubbles. These are supervised by TA's and access the same online classes that the students at home access.

Bringing just one year group into school will mean that pretty much All teachers will need to be onsite. This in turn means that we need to deliver the online learning from within school, 50 simultaneous Zoom lessons will require a load of extra kit and place a huge load onto the schools inadequate broadband provision.

On top of this, the management of students movement, testing, offset lunches etc... will impede on the ability to serve the online teaching too.

I'm certainly not looking forward to it.

Cal"

Yes a lot easier to manage in primary than secondary .. we already have 60% attendance. One teacher one class etc etc

» Add a new message to this topic