FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Illegal Immigrants,

Illegal Immigrants,

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How many in this country that will not be getting any jabs? To do so lends them liable to be caught. The hidden disease spreaders.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"How many in this country that will not be getting any jabs? To do so lends them liable to be caught. The hidden disease spreaders.

"

Insist they wear a condom amd you’ll be ok

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

They've been offered an exemption from immigration enforcement to get the jab. Herd immunity is all of us.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"How many in this country that will not be getting any jabs? To do so lends them liable to be caught. The hidden disease spreaders.

Insist they wear a condom amd you’ll be ok "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"They've been offered an exemption from immigration enforcement to get the jab. Herd immunity is all of us."

That’ll be that thread sorted......

But I bet it’s not

Just look at how many immigrants in those pictures eh? www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-55998067

Don’t talk such rubbish. Or they’ll come for your jobs too or whatever other rubbish you’ve been told.

Manchester (she/her)

"They've been offered an exemption from immigration enforcement to get the jab. Herd immunity is all of us.

But I bet it’s not "

Lol

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Insist they wear a condom amd you’ll be ok "

Would add, Op wait till after lockdown before you go looking to meet these 'disease spreaders'..

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"They've been offered an exemption from immigration enforcement to get the jab. Herd immunity is all of us.

But I bet it’s not "

Nothing to see here lol

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol "

Apart from the racist c...

;)

"

Because they're the problem, not the tiny minded natives of this fine nation, right Terry?

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It is thought that undocumented imigrants account for around 1% of the total population of the UK. The impact that their "not being vaccinated" would have on the total health of the population is negligible.

Cal

"It is thought that undocumented imigrants account for around 1% of the total population of the UK. The impact that their "not being vaccinated" would have on the total health of the population is negligible.

Cal"

"

Why did you post this Terry?

"They've been offered an exemption from immigration enforcement to get the jab. Herd immunity is all of us."

Yes they have. I saw that in Southampton the street homeless healthcare team were offering jabs straight away to the homeless regardless of immigration status or being registered with a doctor.

Scunthorpe

-------

Yes they have. I saw that in Southampton the street homeless healthcare team were offering jabs straight away to the homeless regardless of immigration status or being registered with a doctor. "

I hadn't heard about this, but "that's great"

Cal

Yes they have. I saw that in Southampton the street homeless healthcare team were offering jabs straight away to the homeless regardless of immigration status or being registered with a doctor. "

Good, the OP can rest easy now

-------

Yes they have. I saw that in Southampton the street homeless healthcare team were offering jabs straight away to the homeless regardless of immigration status or being registered with a doctor.

Cal"

They were offering in the day center yesterday and have been doing street clinics as the feeling is its better to go to were people who might be very unlikely to engage with services are.

Maybe they’ll come for his NHS next? Or a 2 bed flat that he doesn’t need himself anyway?

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

oh leave them alone. there's people like me struggling to get access, all because i refuse to be beaten around the head

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

-------

Cal"

Same up here in Greater Manchester, the councils have been working with their homeless support teams to get the vaccines out ASAP.

liverpool

"

Not going as planned?

"Maybe they’ll come for his NHS next? Or a 2 bed flat that he doesn’t need himself anyway?"

Or maybe they'll train to be the doctor or nurse who saves his life as a part of the NHS in a couple of years time.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Apart from the racist c..."

A concern over immigration- legal or not, is not racist.

-------

Cal

Same up here in Greater Manchester, the councils have been working with their homeless support teams to get the vaccines out ASAP."

Yes I have to say the vaccine roll out and the fact "hard to reach" groups are being focused on is definitely a very good thing.

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

A concern over immigration- legal or not, is not racist. "

Calling them Disease spreaders on the other hand...

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

implication of hidden diseases spreaders..

liverpool

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

I'd say calling them disease spreaders was probally borderline.

[Removed by poster at 18/02/21 17:47:45]

"It is thought that undocumented imigrants account for around 1% of the total population of the UK. The impact that their "not being vaccinated" would have on the total health of the population is negligible.

Cal"

"[Removed by poster at 18/02/21 17:47:45]"

I saw it.

Great minds think a like.

"[Removed by poster at 18/02/21 17:47:45]

I saw it.

Great minds think a like. "

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Any thing that helps the spread and saves lives is good this should be done at walk in centres as well

"Any thing that helps the spread and saves lives is good this should be done at walk in centres as well "

I think it will be eventually.

Scunthorpe

"Any thing that helps the spread and saves lives is good this should be done at walk in centres as well

I think it will be eventually. "

I'd like to see the military just roaming the streets with dart guns

Cal

[Removed by poster at 18/02/21 17:57:46]

"Any thing that helps the spread and saves lives is good this should be done at walk in centres as well

Cal"

To catch all the diggers from here?

Doggers

Goddamn autocorrect and goddamn lack of edit button.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

I'm more worried about people flying in.

Cal"

Sounds like a good plan.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Cal"

I know a vet that could do that

"I'm more worried about people flying in."

Yep. New Zealand (I’m aware they’re a lot smaller) got it right.

And citywide lockdown for 2 detected cases.

Hats off to that woman.

"

If you’re after a number, I don’t know. If it’s a rhetorical question with any undertones / leading towards division, I’m out. And there are more ‘hidden disease spreaders’ out there, than illegal immigrants. Crazy I know

Cal

I know a vet that could do that "

Get the doggers with dart guns? Think of the poor vers. They have enough PTSD from putting down animals, having them walk through what is essentially a live fabswingers new photo feed is just harsh.

Why did you post this Terry? "

Because I have been amongst these people. and I am not a racist, doesn't matter to me colour race or creed. They are Illegal Immigrants who have entered this country and should not be here as many do not contribute to this country. Many only take from us, the legal people in this country.

Are they worried about you catching Covid you should ask yourself. That is why I asked the question!

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

Cal"

So about 700.000 people then. Say 5000 per major city, and if 10% are infected, thats a fair few folk spreading it over a fair few cities but hey, a few folk wanting to meet off here are the real spreaders... and no, im not looking to meet

Glad to hear they are actually getting to these people and giving them the Vaccine and I hope they carry on doing it dont forget many of them (the homeless) are UK residents or were, some even fought for this country.

YES I will rest easier.

Nobody has reported this on the TV that I have seen.

Bloody immigrants, coming over here and taking our vaccinations without facing deportation. Terry and Sheila, white British Boomers, are up in arms about such liberties, even though though they're refusing the vaccine because of something someone said about Bill Gates on YouTube.

North West

"Glad to hear they are actually getting to these people and giving them the Vaccine and I hope they carry on doing it dont forget many of them (the homeless) are UK residents or were, some even fought for this country.

YES I will rest easier.

"

BBC news has at least once. Our local BBC news has more than once

liverpool

"Bloody immigrants, coming over here and taking our vaccinations without facing deportation. Terry and Sheila, white British Boomers, are up in arms about such liberties, even though though they're refusing the vaccine because of something someone said about Bill Gates on YouTube."

liverpool

Because I have been amongst these people. and I am not a racist, doesn't matter to me colour race or creed. They are Illegal Immigrants who have entered this country and should not be here as many do not contribute to this country. Many only take from us, the legal people in this country.

Are they worried about you catching Covid you should ask yourself. That is why I asked the question! "

Maybe if hadn't have bombed their homeland or set the middle east on fire..they may have stayed at home?

Considering the whole point of this site is to swap your parters with another couple, etc.. I just had an impression everyone would be a little more open minded and liberal.

Nah. Racist and narrow minded. It is.

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

-------

Cal

They were offering in the day center yesterday and have been doing street clinics as the feeling is its better to go to were people who might be very unlikely to engage with services are.

"

Are you saying that they can just walk in to a centre and get a vax when 1000s of Brits are waiting on their turn ?

Must surely be BS

-------

Cal

Are you saying that they can just walk in to a centre and get a vax when 1000s of Brits are waiting on their turn ?

Must surely be BS"

They’re.. homeless. Like.. that puts them at severe risk.

Manchester (she/her)

"Bloody immigrants, coming over here and taking our vaccinations without facing deportation. Terry and Sheila, white British Boomers, are up in arms about such liberties, even though though they're refusing the vaccine because of something someone said about Bill Gates on YouTube."

-------

Cal

Must surely be BS"

no thats not what I'm saying at all.

"Glad to hear they are actually getting to these people and giving them the Vaccine and I hope they carry on doing it dont forget many of them (the homeless) are UK residents or were, some even fought for this country.

YES I will rest easier.

"

It was on BBC news 3 days ago.

-------

Cal

Must surely be BS

no thats not what I'm saying at all. "

But surely that doesn’t matter, because you know, we’re decent people and understand needs and support that people need? No?

-------

Cal

Must surely be BS

But surely that doesn’t matter, because you know, we’re decent people and understand needs and support that people need? No? "

What? I'm say homeless people regardless of immigration status are being offered the vaccine.

If someone who has no legal residence (which an undocumented person will not have) they are being offered the vaccine.

What I'm not saying is they are ahead of non vaunable white people because these people are vaunable regardless of their status.

Are they worried about you catching Covid you should ask yourself. That is why I asked the question!

Maybe if hadn't have bombed their homeland or set the middle east on fire..they may have stayed at home?"

OR.....stopped ISIS from taking over and destroying the Middle East and killing how many in the homeland and abroad....

-------

Cal

Must surely be BS

But surely that doesn’t matter, because you know, we’re decent people and understand needs and support that people need? No?

What? I'm say homeless people regardless of immigration status are being offered the vaccine.

If someone who has no legal residence (which an undocumented person will not have) they are being offered the vaccine.

What I'm not saying is they are ahead of non vaunable white people because these people are vaunable regardless of their status. "

I’m agreeing. Because it’s the right thing.

".

What I'm not saying is they are ahead of non vaunable white people because these people are vaunable regardless of their status. "

They don’t seem to want them anyway.

By *otPrinceHarryMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Best comment of the day if not the year.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

I can't understand why anyone is homeless there are loads of caring people on here with an empty sofa between midnight and 6am..... I've got 1 on mine right now...

liverpool

Maybe if hadn't have bombed their homeland or set the middle east on fire..they may have stayed at home? OR.....stopped ISIS from taking over and destroying the Middle East and killing how many in the homeland and abroad...."

This the same isis we helped to create?

Notts

Maybe if hadn't have bombed their homeland or set the middle east on fire..they may have stayed at home? OR.....stopped ISIS from taking over and destroying the Middle East and killing how many in the homeland and abroad....

This the same isis we helped to create?"

The ideals have run for centuries, isis is just the latest incarnation... middle east has never seen prolonged peace and its bound to be the fucking English that are to blame lol

liverpool

Maybe if hadn't have bombed their homeland or set the middle east on fire..they may have stayed at home? OR.....stopped ISIS from taking over and destroying the Middle East and killing how many in the homeland and abroad....

The ideals have run for centuries, isis is just the latest incarnation... middle east has never seen prolonged peace and its bound to be the fucking English that are to blame lol "

ISIS came to prominence after the invasion in Iraq.

We helped to create a monster and complain when its victims seek shelter.

Notts

The ideals have run for centuries, isis is just the latest incarnation... middle east has never seen prolonged peace and its bound to be the fucking English that are to blame lol

We helped to create a monster and complain when its victims seek shelter."

And evolved from which group? Exactly Lol

liverpool

And evolved from which group? Exactly Lol "

Probally the same group who america armed in the 80s

Notts

Probally the same group who america armed in the 80s"

Want to name them or just making random statements?

North West

Want to name them or just making random statements? "

The Taliban/Mujihadeen in Afghanistan

liverpool

Want to name them or just making random statements? "

Maybe do some reading?

Notts

The Taliban/Mujihadeen in Afghanistan "

Isis came from al qaeda who came from jihad, originally al jihad. ... who originally used to terrorise Egypt.... im not going any further....

Google it or watch life of brian its pretty much the same lol

North West

Go and read where Alqaeda and Osama bin Laden etc came from. You will find a connection to the Afghan vs Soviet Union conflict of the 1980s, very well known

Notts

Maybe do some reading?"

That's the problem you don't lol

Notts

"Go and read where Alqaeda and Osama bin Laden etc came from. You will find a connection to the Afghan vs Soviet Union conflict of the 1980s, very well known "

I'm talking the ideals, it's all a fuck fest and has been since records began because it's all so divided, but we can blame the usa Russia Wales, they never get the blame lol

North West

"Go and read where Alqaeda and Osama bin Laden etc came from. You will find a connection to the Afghan vs Soviet Union conflict of the 1980s, very well known

I'm talking the ideals, it's all a fuck fest and has been since records began because it's all so divided, but we can blame the usa Russia Wales, they never get the blame lol "

We (the West) funded, trained and equipped the Afghan Mujihadeen against the Soviets in the 1980s. Alqaeda sprung from there. The Taliban sprung from there. Etc. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, until they turn on you.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Apart from the racist c..."

Yep anyone who mentions illegal immigrants must be racist

liverpool

Maybe do some reading?

That's the problem you don't lol "

Right.

"Go and read where Alqaeda and Osama bin Laden etc came from. You will find a connection to the Afghan vs Soviet Union conflict of the 1980s, very well known

I'm talking the ideals, it's all a fuck fest and has been since records began because it's all so divided, but we can blame the usa Russia Wales, they never get the blame lol

We (the West) funded, trained and equipped the Afghan Mujihadeen against the Soviets in the 1980s. Alqaeda sprung from there. The Taliban sprung from there. Etc. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, until they turn on you."

Zbigniew Brzezinski by his own admission pulled Russia into Afghanistan to give them their Vietnam.

Good old Brzezinski, Jimmy Carter National Security Adviser.

liverpool

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Yep anyone who mentions illegal immigrants must be racist"

As has been mentioned..I think it was something to do with him calling them disease spreaders which caused some concern.

Notts

Al-Qaeda merged with a number of other militant Islamist organizations, including Egypt’s Islamic Jihad and the Islamic Group, and on several occasions its leaders declared holy war against the United States. The organization established camps for Muslim militants from throughout the world, training tens of thousands in paramilitary skills, and its agents engaged in numerous terrorist attacks, including the destruction of the U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (1998), and a suicide bomb attack against the U.S. warship Cole in Aden, Yemen (2000; see USS Cole attack). In 2001, 19 militants associated with al-Qaeda staged the September 11 attacks against the United States. Within weeks the U.S. government responded by attacking Taliban and al-Qaeda forces in Afghanistan. Thousands of militants were killed or captured, among them several key members (including the militant who allegedly planned and organized the September 11 attacks), and the remainder and their leaders were driven into hiding.

USS Cole attack

USS Cole attack

Damage sustained by the USS Cole after being attacked by Muslim militants in the harbour of Aden, Yemen, October 12, 2000.

U.S. Department of Defense

September 11 attacks

September 11 attacks

Smoke and flames erupting from the twin towers of New York City's World Trade Center after the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001; both towers subsequently collapsed.

Chao Soi Cheong/AP

The invasion of Afghanistan in 2001 challenged that country’s viability as an al-Qaeda sanctuary and training ground and compromised communication, operational, and financial linkages between al-Qaeda leadership and its militants. Rather than significantly weakening al-Qaeda, however, these realities prompted a structural evolution and the growth of “franchising.” Increasingly, attacks were orchestrated not only from above by the centralized leadership (after the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan, based in the Afghan-Pakistani border regions) but also by the localized, relatively autonomous cells it encouraged. Such grassroots independent groups—coalesced locally around a common agenda but subscribing to the al-Qaeda name and its broader ideology—thus meant a diffuse form of militancy, and one far more difficult to confront.

Get a Britannica Premium subscription and gain access to exclusive content.

Subscribe Now

With this organizational shift, al-Qaeda was linked—whether directly or indirectly—to more attacks in the six years following September 11 than it had been in the six years prior, including attacks in Jordan, Kenya, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Turkey, the United Kingdom, Israel, Algeria, and elsewhere. At the same time, al-Qaeda increasingly utilized the Internet as an expansive venue for communication and recruitment.....

North West

You need to go a long way back from 1998 to find the origins of ISIS. It's way back in the Cold War (or the latter stages of it anyway).

By *rummie_jamaicanMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I'm talking the ideals, it's all a fuck fest and has been since records began because it's all so divided, but we can blame the usa Russia Wales, they never get the blame lol "

So let me see what history tells us. Two crusades against brown people, near total genocide or an entire race (mesoamericans), inquisitions and religious persecution, force conversions, 300 years of industrial chattel slavery of an entire race, colonisation and destruction on every continent not their own, two world wars, concentration camp (invented by the British) butcher of 5 million Vietnamese to save them from communism. A continent that have only learn to live in peace since 1945.

Much fucked up ideals, don't you think? Or is your reading of history limited to the past ten years?

Manchester (she/her)

So let me see what history tells us. Two crusades against brown people, near total genocide or an entire race (mesoamericans), inquisitions and religious persecution, force conversions, 300 years of industrial chattel slavery of an entire race, colonisation and destruction on every continent not their own, two world wars, concentration camp (invented by the British) butcher of 5 million Vietnamese to save them from communism. A continent that have only learn to live in peace since 1945.

Much fucked up ideals, don't you think? Or is your reading of history limited to the past ten years?"

Lol don't bring facts into this, you'll upset people

Birmingham

Much fucked up ideals, don't you think? Or is your reading of history limited to the past ten years?

Lol don't bring facts into this, you'll upset people "

I can't help myself

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

What a delightful post OP. I'd be proud of anyone who respects others and is working to help those less advantaged in our society, to gain better health and protection from the virus.

Manchester (she/her)

Lol don't bring facts into this, you'll upset people

I can't help myself"

Me neither

"oh leave them alone. there's people like me struggling to get access, all because i refuse to be beaten around the head"

What??

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

Are they worried about you catching Covid you should ask yourself. That is why I asked the question! "

Wow. Just WOW

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

So let me see what history tells us. Two crusades against brown people, near total genocide or an entire race (mesoamericans), inquisitions and religious persecution, force conversions, 300 years of industrial chattel of an entire race, colonisation and destruction on every continent not their own, two world wars, concentration camp (invented by the British) butcher of 5 million Vietnamese to save them from communism. A continent that have only learn to live in peace since 1945.

Much fucked up ideals, don't you think? Or is your reading of history limited to the past ten years?"

We like to believe we're the civilised ones, why would anyone possibly want to hurt us?

Manchester (she/her)

So let me see what history tells us. Two crusades against brown people, near total genocide or an entire race (mesoamericans), inquisitions and religious persecution, force conversions, 300 years of industrial chattel of an entire race, colonisation and destruction on every continent not their own, two world wars, concentration camp (invented by the British) butcher of 5 million Vietnamese to save them from communism. A continent that have only learn to live in peace since 1945.

Much fucked up ideals, don't you think? Or is your reading of history limited to the past ten years? We like to believe we're the civilised ones, why would anyone possibly want to hurt us? "

And maybe if we understood, we could be more proactive in fixing the mess.

Hey ho.

By *rcurtisMan  over a year ago

south west

"

I mean you can be vaccinated and still carry/spread the ronies so this post is a bit null and void

south west

It’s crazy that we define a country by the person that put the flag there first and claimed it as a country then set all these rules which don’t coincide with people’s freedom on earth. Even crazier people are so negative towards people risking their lives fleeing a country where they are put through hell each day. I always like to think if it was me or a family member that was trying to free themselves from a life where they feared death everyday that people would react the way you seem to

Tin town

It’s crazy that we define a country by the person that put the flag there first and claimed it as a country then set all these rules which don’t coincide with people’s freedom on earth. Even crazier people are so negative towards people risking their lives fleeing a country where they are put through hell each day. I always like to think if it was me or a family member that was trying to free themselves from a life where they feared death everyday that people would react the way you seem to "

From France?

south west

" From France? "

Am I? No sir

liverpool

And then the cheeky bastards come over here!

westerham

OK, that's a few chunks of history over a 500 year span. Let's observe that you started with the Spanish committing genocide there. And let's not mention Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot as that doesn't quite fit the narrative.

Yet it's so often us British self flagellating.

I posted in the politics thread before, America made things worse, but the Middle East was fucked as soon as France started selling

nuclear tech to Iran in the 1970s.

Tin town

And all the potted history is very interesting but isn't it getting a bit off topic? Which I believe was the unquantified number and unknown health risk of illegal aliens. The causation of any number of terrorist movements or political parties in especially the Middle East, as interesting as it is, wasn't really the question.

liverpool

OK, that's a few chunks of history over a 500 year span. Let's observe that you started with the Spanish committing genocide there. And let's not mention Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot as that doesn't quite fit the narrative.

I posted in the politics thread before, America made things worse, but the Middle East was fucked as soon as France started selling

nuclear tech to Iran in the 1970s."

I think the point is,America and the UK's recent adventures in the middle east ,have directly led to a rise in extremism and terror.

The middle east was already simmering,we set it on fire and then complain when people try to come here too escape.

liverpool

"And all the potted history is very interesting but isn't it getting a bit off topic? Which I believe was the unquantified number and unknown health risk of illegal aliens. The causation of any number of terrorist movements or political parties in especially the Middle East, as interesting as it is, wasn't really the question. "

True

But the initial post was also about the number of immigrants here.

But it is going off piste a bit.

Birmingham

nuclear tech to Iran in the 1970s."

Since you missed my point, let me be clear. No people/region/faith have a monopoly on fucked up ideals. But if you want to make the case that other people are more fucked up than yours, then you should know your history for at least the last 3000 years - see, I started with the crusades. Sure, Moa and Stalin and Pol Pot were devils but at least they kept it in the family for the most part.

My point is that if you want to "Otherise" people and make then seems violent and warlike, then you should check you story first. No people have exported violence and plunder like European going back to the Romans. Until WW2 left the continent in ruins, Europe was always fighting one war or the other amongst themselves while the rest of the world looked on. So if you want to call other regions fucked up, then look at the complete picture. Almost every single conflict in the world today - including those in Middle East - is a hangover of European colonisation and their straight line borders.

So really people should get over their exceptionalism.

Since you missed my point, let me be clear. No people/region/faith have a monopoly on fucked up ideals. But if you want to make the case that other people are more fucked up than yours, then you should know your history for at least the last 3000 years - see, I started with the crusades. Sure, Moa and Stalin and Pol Pot were devils but at least they kept it in the family for the most part.

My point is that if you want to "Otherise" people and make then seems violent and warlike, then you should check you story first. No people have exported violence and plunder like European going back to the Romans. Until WW2 left the continent in ruins, Europe was always fighting one war or the other amongst themselves while the rest of the world looked on. So if you want to call other regions fucked up, then look at the complete picture. Almost every single conflict in the world today - including those in Middle East - is a hangover of European colonisation and their straight line borders.

So really people should get over their exceptionalism."

Bravo, sir

Notts

its gone off topic and become a history lesson because people want to blame the usa or whoever for all the problems in the world. Many countries have never sorted their own shit and are in a constant state of flux. Singapore is an example of how quickly a country can turn around, would you be happy to use medical facilities in singapore yes, how many singapore illegals in uk? none, hence we dont have to debate if they should or shouldnt get vaccines allocated. The western world isnt responsible for everyone on the planet.

liverpool

"its gone off topic and become a history lesson because people want to blame the usa or whoever for all the problems in the world. Many countries have never sorted their own shit and are in a constant state of flux. Singapore is an example of how quickly a country can turn around, would you be happy to use medical facilities in singapore yes, how many singapore illegals in uk? none, hence we dont have to debate if they should or shouldnt get vaccines allocated. The western world isnt responsible for everyone on the planet. "

Spectacularly missing the point.

How do you know there are no Singapore illegals here?

Birmingham

I think the point is,America and the UK's recent adventures in the middle east ,have directly led to a rise in extremism and terror.

The middle east was already simmering,we set it on fire and then complain when people try to come here too escape."

Good point. Most people don't know what they are talking about! Al Qaeda is Arabic for "The Database" (a close translation). When Bin Laden was fight the Soviets, he was the "good guy" and kept a database of fighters for that cause. When that war ended, he wanted Americans out of Muslim land so he used his database against them. But we are told that people are just evil and hate the west. How many people know that the root of the tension with Iran is because The West overthrew their democratically elected govt and installed the friendly Shah?

The moral of the story is leave people alone. They are here because you went there and fucked up

Tin town

So there was no war in China, Japan, Mongolia, Africa. Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, the levant etc.. through the ages. That's good to hear.

westerham

And I have a big problem with you lumping the most diverse set of cultures on the planet into one homogenous "European" cult as if anyone and everyone on fab had anything to do with Columbus for example.

I respectfully point you at the history of the West Africa Squadron if you want to rubbish exceptionalism.

liverpool

The middle east was already simmering,we set it on fire and then complain when people try to come here too escape.

Good point. Most people don't know what they are talking about! Al Qaeda is Arabic for "The Database" (a close translation). When Bin Laden was fight the Soviets, he was the "good guy" and kept a database of fighters for that cause. When that war ended, he wanted Americans out of Muslim land so he used his database against them. But we are told that people are just evil and hate the west. How many people know that the root of the tension with Iran is because The West overthrew their democratically elected govt and installed the friendly Shah?

The moral of the story is leave people alone. They are here because you went there and fucked up"

I think people are happy to just pick and choose what bits of history they believe.

I'm not sure how you can have even a basic grasp of the west involments and then say we bear no responsibility whatsoever.

But anyway..free jabs seems a sensible move.

Scunthorpe

"its gone off topic and become a history lesson because people want to blame the usa or whoever for all the problems in the world. Many countries have never sorted their own shit and are in a constant state of flux. Singapore is an example of how quickly a country can turn around, would you be happy to use medical facilities in singapore yes, how many singapore illegals in uk? none, hence we dont have to debate if they should or shouldnt get vaccines allocated. The western world isnt responsible for everyone on the planet.

------

How do you know there are no Singapore illegals here?"

There are various charities that help imigrants of any category, they keep a record of different demographics. In addition, figures are extrapolated from the people who are "found" by the authorities.

Singapore is not listed as a common source of immigration to the UK, Singapore is actually a common destination for immigration.

Cal

Tin town

The moral of the story is leave people alone. They are here because you went there and fucked up"

That's an interesting view. What are your thoughts on external intervention on for example the Rwandan genocide or the Serbian / Bosnian massacres and whether the UN should have intervened to attempt to stop the slaughter of millions due to their race / religion?

liverpool

"its gone off topic and become a history lesson because people want to blame the usa or whoever for all the problems in the world. Many countries have never sorted their own shit and are in a constant state of flux. Singapore is an example of how quickly a country can turn around, would you be happy to use medical facilities in singapore yes, how many singapore illegals in uk? none, hence we dont have to debate if they should or shouldnt get vaccines allocated. The western world isnt responsible for everyone on the planet.

------

There are various charities that help imigrants of any category, they keep a record of different demographics. In addition, figures are extrapolated from the people who are "found" by the authorities.

Singapore is not listed as a common source of immigration to the UK, Singapore is actually a common destination for immigration.

Cal"

Doesnt mean there are non here whatsoever surely?

westerham

The moral of the story is leave people alone. They are here because you went there and fucked up

I think people are happy to just pick and choose what bits of history they believe.

I'm not sure how you can have even a basic grasp of the west involments and then say we bear no responsibility whatsoever.

But anyway..free jabs seems a sensible move.

"

Literally nobody has said the West bears no responsibility.

Simple history of the world - Everyone has been invaded and everyone has tried to kill everyone else. (Apart from Thailand. Never been invaded and hence a land of smiles).

Birmingham

So there was no war in China, Japan, Mongolia, Africa. Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, the levant etc.. through the ages. That's good to hear. "

OK. Let me make it simple. The response was to a post implying that the people of the Middle East are by nature more fucked up that everyone else. My post was just to balance the ledger to show that brown people do not have a monopoly on fucked up violent ideas.

Do you understand now? No set of people or region in more fucked up than the other when it comes to be brutal.

Its hardly self flagellation to acknowledge intelligence agency's destabilizing nations for Geopolitical aims, it's very well documented.

General Smedley Butler up until his death in death in 1940 was the most decorated Marine in US history and he detailed in his book War is a Racket the motivation behind all conflicts.

By *nked_kittenWoman  over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

"

Simple history of the world - Everyone has been invaded and everyone has tried to kill everyone else. (Apart from Thailand. Never been invaded and hence a land of smiles). "

Actually Japan invaded Thailand

westerham

"

Simple history of the world - Everyone has been invaded and everyone has tried to kill everyone else. (Apart from Thailand. Never been invaded and hence a land of smiles).

Actually Japan invaded Thailand "

Actually no. It was technically allied with Japan at the time and hence wasn't invaded.

When it comes to history I'm kind of a big deal on these boards.

Scunthorpe

"

--------------------------

Cal

-----------------------

Doesnt mean there are non here whatsoever surely?"

Don't call me Shirley...

The issue with undocumented immigration, is the lack of records. Obviously it is difficult to prove or disprove the existence of people who don't want to be found, but the likelihood is low due to there being limited reasons for people to flee Singapore. On the other hand though there are British people living as "illegal imigrants" in many countries around the world, so it is possible that there are people from other stable countries who are here illegal too.

Cal

Tin town

So let me see what history tells us. Two crusades against brown people, near total genocide or an entire race (mesoamericans), inquisitions and religious persecution, force conversions, 300 years of industrial chattel very of an entire race, colonisation and destruction on every continent not their own, two world wars, concentration camp (invented by the British) butcher of 5 million Vietnamese to save them from communism. A continent that have only learn to live in peace since 1945.

So there was no war in China, Japan, Mongolia, Africa. Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, the levant etc.. through the ages. That's good to hear.

OK. Let me make it simple. The response was to a post implying that the people of the Middle East are by nature more fucked up that everyone else. My post was just to balance the ledger to show that brown people do not have a monopoly on fucked up violent ideas.

Do you understand now? No set of people or region in more fucked up than the other when it comes to be brutal.

"

Well when you put it using those words. Yes of course it makes sense. There are however areas of the planet which over the years have been more susceptible to internal and external wars... The balkans... And yes the middle east to name but two.

Manchester (she/her)

Well this went as well as I expected

Small picture: people are here who can spread germs. Let's vaccinate them

Medium picture: geopolitical instability might cause immigration irregularities

Bigger picture: there's huge context to geopolitical instability and we should look to our part in that rather than shrugging it off, so we can be better global citizens and maybe try to fix shit.

Shrug.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I’m saving my vitriol for the rich, entitled, disrespectful spreaders driving to their holiday homes, while Wales is in lockdown.

I think they’re more deserving of it, than illegal immigrants, who are very often desperate people dealt a terrible hand in life (before someone says it - I worked with them for 15 years, so have a reasonable insight).

[Removed by poster at 19/02/21 11:59:03]

"Well this went as well as I expected

Bigger picture: there's huge context to geopolitical instability and we should look to our part in that rather than shrugging it off, so we can be better global citizens and maybe try to fix shit.

Shrug."

A sensible approach. The bigger picture may even reduce some of the self negative aspects of people who then develop into those seeing such diversity as division.

liverpool

So let me see what history tells us. Two crusades against brown people, near total genocide or an entire race (mesoamericans), inquisitions and religious persecution, force conversions, 300 years of industrial chattel very of an entire race, colonisation and destruction on every continent not their own, two world wars, concentration camp (invented by the British) butcher of 5 million Vietnamese to save them from communism. A continent that have only learn to live in peace since 1945.

Well when you put it using those words. Yes of course it makes sense. There are however areas of the planet which over the years have been more susceptible to internal and external wars... The balkans... And yes the middle east to name but two. "

Which makes sense for the west to constantly poke its nose in,in the case of the middle east.

Manchester (she/her)

Shrug.

A sensible approach. The bigger picture may even reduce some of the self negative aspects of people who then develop into those seeing such diversity as division. "

God yes. Imagine trying to fix it and maybe having people want to work together, rather than alienating them.

Notts

Shrug.

A sensible approach. The bigger picture may even reduce some of the self negative aspects of people who then develop into those seeing such diversity as division. "

nice summary, however there was a doctor on radio saying its not her job to decide who can and who cant use nhs, callers quickly pointed out her first loyalty should be to be people that actually keep her in a job via their taxes.

but yes if we could vaccinate the world tomorrow that would be great but we cant

Tin town

Well when you put it using those words. Yes of course it makes sense. There are however areas of the planet which over the years have been more susceptible to internal and external wars... The balkans... And yes the middle east to name but two.

Which makes sense for the west to constantly poke its nose in,in the case of the middle east."

Well there's a challenge... Balancing when and how to intervene if at all. How civilised would we be if we sat back as an example and let assad commit genocide? Do we sit and watch as they slaughter innocents or do we "intervene" to attempt to help resolution... Or closer to home.... The northern Ireland situation. UN peacekeeping... Have they ever helped a situation?

Birmingham

Shrug.

A sensible approach. The bigger picture may even reduce some of the self negative aspects of people who then develop into those seeing such diversity as division.

God yes. Imagine trying to fix it and maybe having people want to work together, rather than alienating them."

This

westerham

Which makes sense for the west to constantly poke its nose in,in the case of the middle east."

Well it was unanswered earlier in the thread - are we poking our nose in if we have boots on the ground in Rwanda? Balkans? Myanmar?

Loads of liberals were begging us to do "something" about Syria.

I'm just reacting to the notions that "we" (the evil West or something) caused all the trouble in the world and "we" should sort it out. Without causing more instability of course.

Manchester (she/her)

Shrug.

nice summary, however there was a doctor on radio saying its not her job to decide who can and who cant use nhs, callers quickly pointed out her first loyalty should be to be people that actually keep her in a job via their taxes.

but yes if we could vaccinate the world tomorrow that would be great but we cant "

Her first loyalty is to public health in the UK, which is threatened by the unvaccinated. The virus doesn't care if a person pays taxes or not when it spreads

By jabbing undocumented immigrants, we also protect ourselves. It's self interest

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Well, actually it *can* be.

Plenty of examples of it through history.

Birmingham

Which makes sense for the west to constantly poke its nose in,in the case of the middle east.

Well there's a challenge... Balancing when and how to intervene if at all. How civilised would we be if we sat back as an example and let assad commit genocide? Do we sit and watch as they slaughter innocents or do we "intervene" to attempt to help resolution... Or closer to home.... The northern Ireland situation. UN peacekeeping... Have they ever helped a situation? "

Good point. But has our intervention helped the Syrian people? Let's say that Assad, the brutal man that he is, had killed 100,000 to quell the rebellion. How does that butcher's bill compare with the future of Dave and Barack effort? I fear that intervention almost always ended up causing a bigger butcher's bill. I say leave people to find their way - not arming one side against another

Shrug.

but yes if we could vaccinate the world tomorrow that would be great but we cant

Her first loyalty is to public health in the UK, which is threatened by the unvaccinated. The virus doesn't care if a person pays taxes or not when it spreads

By jabbing undocumented immigrants, we also protect ourselves. It's self interest "

You say that, but sadly the average person doesn't see it that way, or that's how it comes across.

It's crushing really, I deal with that mindset so often on family zoom calls.

Manchester (she/her)

I don't think saying "it's a difficult decision knowing if or when to intervene" absolves us from responsibility for when we've fucked up. That's not how anything works.

Manchester (she/her)

Shrug.

By jabbing undocumented immigrants, we also protect ourselves. It's self interest

You say that, but sadly the average person doesn't see it that way, or that's how it comes across.

It's crushing really, I deal with that mindset so often on family zoom calls."

I know. I know I'm pissing into the wind. But I try, and shower regularly.

westerham

Shrug.

By jabbing undocumented immigrants, we also protect ourselves. It's self interest "

But you have to look at specific examples rather than generalise. If it's putting a 25 year old homeless fruit picker in the queue ahead of a 55 year old shelf stacker, then no, that's not optimal for the health of Everyone.

Manchester (she/her)

Shrug.

But you have to look at specific examples rather than generalise. If it's putting a 25 year old homeless fruit picker in the queue ahead of a 55 year old shelf stacker, then no, that's not optimal for the health of Everyone. "

I'm talking in general terms. The specifics are government and NHS policy.

It is in the interests of all of us for everyone to be jabbed, regardless of their paperwork.

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Well when you put it using those words. Yes of course it makes sense. There are however areas of the planet which over the years have been more susceptible to internal and external wars... The balkans... And yes the middle east to name but two. "

Over the last 40 years, sure the Balkans and Middle East have been more "susceptible" to conflict. Go back a bit further and it was another part of the world which was warring... the point is this sense of exceptionalism is bullshit. The idea that "those other people", whoever they are or wherever they're from, are inherently more savage than us is bullshit.

As far as vaccines go everyone should get one here or abroad and as far as the title illegal if they have skills and are prepared to work and offer something to society isn't it time we made them legal immigrants no matter how they got here.

Manchester (she/her)

"As far as vaccines go everyone should get one here or abroad and as far as the title illegal if they have skills and are prepared to work and offer something to society isn't it time we made them legal immigrants no matter how they got here. "

As a legal immigrant who has had many many rounds with the Home Office... I wish

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Plenty of examples of it through history."

Agreed it can be but why do some people automatically assume it is? It might just be the fact they're illegal regardless of race

Notts

[Removed by poster at 19/02/21 13:10:33]

Notts

"As far as vaccines go everyone should get one here or abroad and as far as the title illegal if they have skills and are prepared to work and offer something to society isn't it time we made them legal immigrants no matter how they got here. "

and there should also be unicorns and world peace

Scunthorpe

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Agreed it can be but why do some people automatically assume it is? It might just be the fact they're illegal regardless of race"

The idea that people can be illegal is rather bizarre really.

Cal

Maldon

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Agreed it can be but why do some people automatically assume it is? It might just be the fact they're illegal regardless of race

Cal"

In a perfect world you are right. All round to your house then?

liverpool

Well there's a challenge... Balancing when and how to intervene if at all. How civilised would we be if we sat back as an example and let assad commit genocide? Do we sit and watch as they slaughter innocents or do we "intervene" to attempt to help resolution... Or closer to home.... The northern Ireland situation. UN peacekeeping... Have they ever helped a situation? "

Its not that clear cut.

When we do intervened there is often a reason behind it.

It's very rarely a moral obligation

liverpool

Well it was unanswered earlier in the thread - are we poking our nose in if we have boots on the ground in Rwanda? Balkans? Myanmar?

Loads of liberals were begging us to do "something" about Syria.

I'm just reacting to the notions that "we" (the evil West or something) caused all the trouble in the world and "we" should sort it out. Without causing more instability of course. "

We haven't helped the situation at all.

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Cal

In a perfect world you are right. All round to your house then? "

That makes no sense

Manchester

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Cal"

Ok, people who have entered the country illegally, I stand corrected

Tin town

Well there's a challenge... Balancing when and how to intervene if at all. How civilised would we be if we sat back as an example and let assad commit genocide? Do we sit and watch as they slaughter innocents or do we "intervene" to attempt to help resolution... Or closer to home.... The northern Ireland situation. UN peacekeeping... Have they ever helped a situation?

Good point. But has our intervention helped the Syrian people? Let's say that Assad, the brutal man that he is, had killed 100,000 to quell the rebellion. How does that butcher's bill compare with the future of Dave and Barack effort? I fear that intervention almost always ended up causing a bigger butcher's bill. I say leave people to find their way - not arming one side against another"

So now we are developing the discussion. Let's explore Syria further. Who's intervention? Russia? France? China? America? EU? Britain? That's before you get to Turkey? Israel? Iran? Saudi? Who's intervention helps or hinders? Short term or long term? You see it isn't as simple as a binary? Should we intervene with financial support? With "charity"? What about medicines and health? Or infrastructure? Or to stop slaughter or the use of chemical weapons? My personal opinion is that sometimes it's for the better and sometimes it's for the worse...should we have intervened when Germany invaded Poland and Czech and Austria and when millions of Jews were being slaughtered?

Manchester (she/her)

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Cal

That makes no sense "

"Those do gooders want to ruin our country by helping outsiders, they can house them and feed them. If they don't have a refugee in their spare room (or their room if they don't have a spare room) right now then their argument is invalid".

Not the first time I've seen variations of this.

Imagine having opinions on how you want your country to be run, and expressing them. Shocking.

liverpool

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Cal

That makes no sense

"Those do gooders want to ruin our country by helping outsiders, they can house them and feed them. If they don't have a refugee in their spare room (or their room if they don't have a spare room) right now then their argument is invalid".

Imagine having opinions on how you want your country to be run, and expressing them. Shocking."

Said it before.

The fact that do gooders has become a derogatory term speaks volumes.

Tin town

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Agreed it can be but why do some people automatically assume it is? It might just be the fact they're illegal regardless of race"

At it's simplest... Why do you / we have doors and windows that lock on your house?

liverpool

Good point. But has our intervention helped the Syrian people? Let's say that Assad, the brutal man that he is, had killed 100,000 to quell the rebellion. How does that butcher's bill compare with the future of Dave and Barack effort? I fear that intervention almost always ended up causing a bigger butcher's bill. I say leave people to find their way - not arming one side against another

So now we are developing the discussion. Let's explore Syria further. Who's intervention? Russia? France? China? America? EU? Britain? That's before you get to Turkey? Israel? Iran? Saudi? Who's intervention helps or hinders? Short term or long term? You see it isn't as simple as a binary? Should we intervene with financial support? With "charity"? What about medicines and health? Or infrastructure? Or to stop slaughter or the use of chemical weapons? My personal opinion is that sometimes it's for the better and sometimes it's for the worse...should we have intervened when Germany invaded Poland and Czech and Austria and when millions of Jews were being slaughtered? "

I think that was the point of the un,so if invention was needed ,it had collective support

North West

So now we are developing the discussion. Let's explore Syria further. Who's intervention? Russia? France? China? America? EU? Britain? That's before you get to Turkey? Israel? Iran? Saudi? Who's intervention helps or hinders? Short term or long term? You see it isn't as simple as a binary? Should we intervene with financial support? With "charity"? What about medicines and health? Or infrastructure? Or to stop slaughter or the use of chemical weapons? My personal opinion is that sometimes it's for the better and sometimes it's for the worse...should we have intervened when Germany invaded Poland and Czech and Austria and when millions of Jews were being slaughtered? "

We should have intervened BEFORE the slaughter of the Jews (appeasement period). We should have perhaps tried harder in the period 1939-1945 but by then it was rather more difficult to intervene positively. There's a documentary drama about the fact that the Allies debated bombing Auschwitz for a good while in 1944/5.

Manchester (she/her)

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Cal

That makes no sense

Imagine having opinions on how you want your country to be run, and expressing them. Shocking.

Said it before.

The fact that do gooders has become a derogatory term speaks volumes."

Do gooders, virtue signalling.

I'm pretty sure if we started talking about do badders and vice signalling people would get upset

Manchester

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

At it's simplest... Why do you / we have doors and windows that lock on your house? "

That's easy keep bogey man out

North West

Oh, and we should have allowed Jewish people to flee rather than requiring them to get UK based sponsors etc. We blocked the "mass" influx of Jews trying to leave because of the same racist issues as today "we don't want those bloody foreigners here".

Manchester

"Oh, and we should have allowed Jewish people to flee rather than requiring them to get UK based sponsors etc. We blocked the "mass" influx of Jews trying to leave because of the same racist issues as today "we don't want those bloody foreigners here"."

Is it wrong to want Britain for the British?

Maldon

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Cal

That makes no sense "

I’m not a fan of borders. However, I guess it’s a consequence of law and order, otherwise it’s open house.

Birmingham

"Oh, and we should have allowed Jewish people to flee rather than requiring them to get UK based sponsors etc. We blocked the "mass" influx of Jews trying to leave because of the same racist issues as today "we don't want those bloody foreigners here".

Is it wrong to want Britain for the British?"

How do you define British?

Scunthorpe

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Cal

----

Ok, people who have entered the country illegally, I stand corrected"

Regardless of how it's phrased, the idea that the world is all carved up into chunks and assigned ownership is inherently wrong. People should be able to travel wherever they want to.

I'm not saying that people travelling across the world should be entitled to housing or welfare benefits... that's a whole other ballgame.

Cal

liverpool

"Oh, and we should have allowed Jewish people to flee rather than requiring them to get UK based sponsors etc. We blocked the "mass" influx of Jews trying to leave because of the same racist issues as today "we don't want those bloody foreigners here".

Manchester (she/her)

It's amazing when I talk to people in person who have that view, they tell me I'm British.

*Looks at my blue passport with a kangaroo on it*

Notts

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Cal

That makes no sense

Imagine having opinions on how you want your country to be run, and expressing them. Shocking."

yes jeremy clarkson said if he can live anywhere he chooses george clooneys house on lake como.... come one everybody! lol

North West

My Great Grandfather, an ethnic Dutch Jew, naturalised in 1915. His passport was British. Was he not British? He was unable to sponsor his Jewish relatives to come from the Netherlands because by 1939, he was retired. He was wealthy but retired. All the family perished - exterminated in Sobibor and Auschwitz

Am I British?! Does it matter?

North West

It's amazing when I talk to people in person who have that view, they tell me I'm British.

*Looks at my blue passport with a kangaroo on it*"

Yeah, but you're white AND probably not some "other" religion. And you lot are descendants of "real" Brits anyway

(Tongue cheek in. Rearrange.....)

Manchester (she/her)

But I bet it’s not

Nothing to see here lol

Cal

That makes no sense

yes jeremy clarkson said if he can live anywhere he chooses george clooneys house on lake como.... come one everybody! lol "

I mean if you want to make puerile arguments, knock yourself out.

Manchester (she/her)

*Looks at my blue passport with a kangaroo on it*

Yeah, but you're white AND probably not some "other" religion. And you lot are descendants of "real" Brits anyway

(Tongue cheek in. Rearrange.....)"

Tin town

So now we are developing the discussion. Let's explore Syria further. Who's intervention? Russia? France? China? America? EU? Britain? That's before you get to Turkey? Israel? Iran? Saudi? Who's intervention helps or hinders? Short term or long term? You see it isn't as simple as a binary? Should we intervene with financial support? With "charity"? What about medicines and health? Or infrastructure? Or to stop slaughter or the use of chemical weapons? My personal opinion is that sometimes it's for the better and sometimes it's for the worse...should we have intervened when Germany invaded Poland and Czech and Austria and when millions of Jews were being slaughtered?

We should have intervened BEFORE the slaughter of the Jews (appeasement period). We should have perhaps tried harder in the period 1939-1945 but by then it was rather more difficult to intervene positively. There's a documentary drama about the fact that the Allies debated bombing Auschwitz for a good while in 1944/5. "

I'm just illustrating. Or trying to that it's very rarely as simple as saying we should keep our noses out (whoever "we" is). It seems to me that some people are saying we should intervene sometimes and not in others and in some matters and not in other matters. Now let's add in other types of intervention that modern technology has given us... Gas, oil, electricity, water (as is the case in China), power, data, cyber security, virus... Yes bio interventions... The list goes on.. I'm not sure we have the luxury or decadence of choosing to ignore what's happening to people in other countries at all times and in all circumstances.

Manchester (she/her)

If I'm British, can I have my approximately £10k in Home Office fees back?

North West

"If I'm British, can I have my approximately £10k in Home Office fees back? "

See. Immigrants thinking they can get everything for free. Told you so *eyeroll*

Tin town

My Great Grandfather, an ethnic Dutch Jew, naturalised in 1915. His passport was British. Was he not British? He was unable to sponsor his Jewish relatives to come from the Netherlands because by 1939, he was retired. He was wealthy but retired. All the family perished - exterminated in Sobibor and Auschwitz

Am I British?! Does it matter?"

Is kc British? Now there's a subject for another thread!

North West

Am I British?! Does it matter?

Is kc British? Now there's a subject for another thread! "

Born here. Both parents born here. All Grandparents born here. British passport. "Foreign" Great Grandparents.

Discuss....

If we’re all in this together then surely we should all be treated the same no matter our circumstances.

Manchester

"

Is it ?

Manchester (she/her)

"If I'm British, can I have my approximately £10k in Home Office fees back?

See. Immigrants thinking they can get everything for free. Told you so *eyeroll*

"

I fucking wish.

My first fucking question on the life in the UK test (after they'd frisked me and checked my glasses for devices, I kid you not) was on the cricket series between Australia and the UK.

If it had been a less intimidating environment I would have shouted "are you fucking kidding me".

North West

Rachael, you've hit the nail on the head

North West

Swing, you know loads of immigrants come here to spy on us with glasses-mounted devices. It's a common issue.

Anyway, back to the cricket......

Manchester (she/her)

" Born here. Both parents born here. All Grandparents born here. British passport. "Foreign" Great Grandparents.

Discuss....

"

Swing.

Born in Australia. Parents born in Australia. Grandparents born in Australia. All bar one great grandparent born in Australia. All bar five great great grandparents born in Australia.

British. Duh

Birmingham

So my ancestors gave 200 years of free blood, sweat and tears (literally) to provide much of the commodities on which Britain is built. For the next 130 years, the were kept poor and uneducated as colonials in order to provide cheap labour for said commodities and see and soldiers willing to die for the "mother country".

Do you think all of that entitles me to claim part of the inheritance that is modern Britain? We're family after all, even though my side of the family was forced into the unhappy marriage.

North West

" Oh, and we should have allowed Jewish people to flee rather than requiring them to get UK based sponsors etc. We blocked the "mass" influx of Jews trying to leave because of the same racist issues as today "we don't want those bloody foreigners here".

So my ancestors gave 200 years of free blood, sweat and tears (literally) to provide much of the commodities on which Britain is built. For the next 130 years, the were kept poor and uneducated as colonials in order to provide cheap labour for said commodities and see and soldiers willing to die for the "mother country".

Do you think all of that entitles me to claim part of the inheritance that is modern Britain? We're family after all, even though my side of the family was forced into the unhappy marriage. "

My friend, you are as British as anyone else